• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Lol no.. I highly doubt Celebi is legit because events can't be shiny. As for Luca and Manaphy, a person can easily use the shiny hatch code and bam. :3

That really wasn't need twice HR, but good luck nonetheless.

Even though I am dragging my butt, I've been soft reseting all day for a shiny patch. I'm down to 170 Max Repels left and I started with about 250.. I'm gonna die soon wahh run outta repels probably. ._.;

Like I said before, congrats on the awesome Bulbasaur, Fufu. Good luck to everyone else.. Ya'll are stealing my luck. D8

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2008
Sorry, guys... I know this is sorta spammish so I'll delete it as soon as someone answers... But is there a tutorial here anywhere for chaining Pokemon? I know I saw it a couple of hours ago but I can't find it...

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Lord94, just type in "Guide to the PokeRadar" in google. It shouldn't be too hard to locate.

I'm SRing for Piplup and training my shiny Bulbasaur right now. I would be SRing for Squirtle, but my bro is using LG to chain for Vulpix. Squirtle is my primary target for now (it's the only Kanto starter I need to complete the set now); the only time I plan on hunting in Diamond or Pearl is when I simply can't soft reset on LG...like now. Good luck, everyone.

TwilightBlade

Years
Got a shiny Adamant male Nidoran at 46 YES YES.. Like 5 minutes ago. No pics now bah I'm dumb with cameras. Maybe later since I wet myself.. Again. D:

This has a good chaining guide or I prefer you look for Shuko's tutorial on youtube.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2008
Thanks Twighlight Blade, that really helped!

Oh yeah, I also have a shiny Eevee and shiny Umbreon...

I'm currently chaining a Bidoof on the count of twenty three...

TwilightBlade

Years
No problem. Btw if you get your shinies from trades, they don't count in this club.. Cuz otherwise I'd have the most. XD

Caught another Nidoran M at 47. I love them so much. :3

TwilightBlade

Years
Only managed to catch two shinies because Bidoof is my sworn enemy. D8 Oh well, twins are fun.

Um I don't really understand what you mean.. Can't you just do a new game and save to override the old file? As for D/P, you need to go to the title menu and press some buttons. I don't know, sorry. Try google or make a thread.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
My fellow ladies, gentleman and Pokémon anthros...Runasutaru, the Guardian of this club (I have failed badly at that in these last months, it seems XD) is back!
I'd read all I've missed in catches and glories, but you don't expect me to read like 300 pages of posts before I say hello again, do you? ^_^

Most of you never really did know me; I guess I never was too important except for my rampaging posts that managed to outnumber the lines of my signature by the quintuple...To you "new" members, I give you my welcome, even though such is late and I hope you enjoy this club.

Now you are most probably wondering why I stayed away for so long...I didn't really WANT to, but following the inevitable robbery of my Pokémon games in the past, I really felt I had nothing I could really do in here...But now, after my birthday in the 3rd of November, I have acquired a shiny Nintendo DS Lite and Pokémon Pearl!
I can only hope this time around my hunts are succesful and I really do get a Shiny I've been breeding for or simply a Shiny of a Pokémon I am breeding for awesome IVs...
Nonetheless, I am glad to be back among you, the ever-so-shiny-things-obsessed people...

Now, for something less sappy, what I've been doing and what I am planning.
Right now I am breeding Shinxes for IVs, both for a friend and for me.
Haven't had much success with things yet, because I didn't spend too much time doing that, but I plan to do so a lot.
I need to set a starting Shiny goal...Not Shiny Tentacruel, because we know they will come back to me eventually *Points at signature*, but something better and not as common...Maybe a Shiny Breloom or Shiny Mightyena. ^_^

Well, I hope I'll see some MM and LDD posts after this! I missed you guys a lot, you can bet! :P

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
My fellow ladies, gentleman and Pokémon anthros...Runasutaru, the Guardian of this club (I have failed badly at that in these last months, it seems XD) is back!
I'd read all I've missed in catches and glories, but you don't expect me to read like 300 pages of posts before I say hello again, do you? ^_^

Most of you never really did know me; I guess I never was too important except for my rampaging posts that managed to outnumber the lines of my signature by the quintuple...To you "new" members, I give you my welcome, even though such is late and I hope you enjoy this club.

Now you are most probably wondering why I stayed away for so long...I didn't really WANT to, but following the inevitable robbery of my Pokémon games in the past, I really felt I had nothing I could really do in here...But now, after my birthday in the 3rd of November, I have acquired a shiny Nintendo DS Lite and Pokémon Pearl!
I can only hope this time around my hunts are succesful and I really do get a Shiny I've been breeding for or simply a Shiny of a Pokémon I am breeding for awesome IVs...
Nonetheless, I am glad to be back among you, the ever-so-shiny-things-obsessed people...

Now, for something less sappy, what I've been doing and what I am planning.
Right now I am breeding Shinxes for IVs, both for a friend and for me.
Haven't had much success with things yet, because I didn't spend too much time doing that, but I plan to do so a lot.
I need to set a starting Shiny goal...Not Shiny Tentacruel, because we know they will come back to me eventually *Points at signature*, but something better and not as common...Maybe a Shiny Breloom or Shiny Mightyena. ^_^

Well, I hope I'll see some MM and LDD posts after this! I missed you guys a lot, you can bet! :P

I don't really know you, apart from reading a few of yours posts while looking through the thread, but welcome back, it's always nice to see a returning shiny hunter, and hopefully you'll have another shiny before long.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Hehe, thanks for the welcoming back. I see you're one of the exceedingly lucky Hunters from your Shinies card. ;D
Good luck to you and everyone else in finding more of them! They're elusive, but they're out there waiting...
*Runs behind some bushes and peeks through a hole in them*

Star Striken

President KFC
Years
I'm back again (for today and tomorrow anyway) with good noozes! I got a new DS lite! The one with the red top and black on the under/ inside! and... I CAUGHT MY SHINY PORYGON! 3 TIMEZ!!! But... there were 4 patches... in all my exitement... I accidentally attacked the second one with my lv. 100 Crobat. I know it was my fault, but I consider it my "shiny draught's" last stab of bad luck at me because Angel (my crobat) was confused at the time of the attack and was using steel wing, which has less than 100% accuracy. I know it was my fault, but I consider it my shiny draught's last stab of bad luck at me because Angel, my Crobat, was confused by psybeam the previous turn and was using steel wing, which has less than 100% accuracy. The whole experience helped me face some inner demons from a similar situation, though. It was the first time I'd ever lost a shiny by my own hand. Oh, and I wanted to ask about something: What makes the pokeradar say, "The grassy patch remained quiet"? My chain of 40 absol ended last night because of that stupid message! If anyone knows anything about this, please post what you know!

Last edited:

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
WELL DONE STAR STRIKEN, CAN I COMPARE MY SHINY CROBAT'S STATS TO UR MINE ARE :

ADAMANT
HP:294
ATTACK:299
DEFENCE:175
SP.ATK:136
SP.DEF:184
SPEED:332

MOVES:
U-TURN
HAZE
CROSS POISON
ROOST

ALSO IM NOT HUNTING BECAUSE IM NOT TAKING A NINTENDO DS WITH ME ON HOILDAY ON TUESDAY AND IM NOT BOVERED BECAUSE IM A NARUTO SHIPUDEN 29/30 AND DONT WANT TO WATCH THEM ALL RIGHT AWAY THEN HAVE TO WAIT WEEK FOR THE NEXT 1 LEFT AT A CLIFFHANGER. IM ALSO WATCHING BLEACH EPISODE 9 TMORO SO L8R PEPZ;0.

Star Striken

President KFC
Years
Okay, let's see... here's my Crobat's stats:
NATURE: ADAMANT
HP:330
ATK:237
DEF:179
SP.ATK:164
SP.DEF:194
SPEED:308
...Wow, you've really got me beat where it counts! I've never been very good at EV training or things of the sort XP. Oh, and her moves are Shadow Ball, Wing Attack, Steel Wing and Fly. She got pokerus at lv.99, so it wasn't very helpful XP.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Just a few minutes ago, my brother got a shiny Swablu on a chain of 15. He showed me battling it, and I was pretty excited for him.
Then I looked back at the screen of my FR.

Shiny Bulbasaur was staring back at me.

YES, IT IS FINALLY HERE, SHINY BULBASAUR!!!!!!

Info:
Calm nature
HP: 20
Atk: 9
Def: 10
SAtk: 12
SDef: 12
Speed: 9

I. Have. Won.

I won't be able to evolve Bulbasaur right away because I can't trade to Emerald. So it will be staying a Bulbasaur, at least for a little while. Oddly, my cousin predicted that I would get a shiny Bulbasaur "very soon" earlier today when we were eating breakfast. He always seems to be correct about this stuff.

Edit: Oh, yeah, I took a pic of it, but only a pic of the page where you see the nature and the Trainer Memo.

Edit2: Pic, as promised:

ShinyBulbaishere.jpg

Sorry it took so long to put up; my mother was using the only computer with enough space to save an image to without it losing some of its aesthetic features (the computer I normally use does that), and I had to wait for her to get off.

OMG HUGE CONGRATS!!!! Lol glad it didn't take you as long as latias but you were getting close. Wow awesome man and you won the great Bulbasaur race too!! Heh you really have something great to be thankful for this thanksgiving weekend eh? Lol can't get on SPPf or else I'd be congratulating you there too. Wow lol guess this means we'll see you soon begin SRing for the likes of Lapras again, awesome!

Anyways as for me on Thursday I chained a Shiny Skarmory, first shiny this month as I've been sick. I'd copy and paste my post I made about it on SPPf but's its not working now. I'll post about it (and pics) once it does though. I'm still sring for uxie. Ugh wish I could get a shiny starter too but I've had no luck with treecko or bulbasaur. Congrats to everyone else who caught a shiny too! I'm gonna be hunting till like 3am today. My current targets:

Diamond: Uxie
Pearl: magikarp? just looking for feebas but a shiny karp would be nice
FR2: bulbasaur
Sapphire: treecko
LG: mewtwo
Emerald: Smeargle
not hunting anything in my other games at the moment. I hope I can get one of my 3rd gen targets soon. Haven't got a 3rd gen shiny since moltres back in aug. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Back