• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
Years
Now training my team in pine wood forest to battle the 3rd gym leader which is casetila city gym leader. My in game teams are:

Pansear level 15
Herdier level 16
Dewott level 18
Pidove level 16
Throh level 19
Blitzle the zebra pokemon level 13.cay Gym

make sure you got a lot of defense, Lenora's second pokemon uses a scary strong move that decimates entire teams

Years
make sure you got a lot of defense, Lenora's second pokemon uses a scary strong move that decimates entire teams

Do you have a suggesstion a on a defense pokemon? I'm trying to find the castelia city gym. I went through the long bridge and I end up in the game freak station in front of the building. I couldn't find the gym anywhere. Please help. Thanks.

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
Years
the gym is in the northern part of necrean in back of the museum my herdier was the only pokemon on my team that survived that battle, my fighting pokemon was taken out in one shot

::EDIT::
the castillia city gym is down one of the side streets, I think it's the one on the far left
::EDIT again::
use pidove, it'll eat those bugs for breakfast

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
out of curiosity, what level are the pokemon in White Forest?
I've played Black and am working through White

are they all low leveled?
there's trainers too, depending if you connect with other people, no?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The gym is in the street to the far right of Castelia, it's the first building you see on the left of that street - you can see its location here:

Spoiler:

rstevenson, he actually said Castelia, not Nacrene...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
out of curiosity, what level are the pokemon in White Forest?
I've played Black and am working through White

are they all low leveled?
there's trainers too, depending if you connect with other people, no?
The wild Pokemon you see at White Forest are at level 5. Be sure to bring a False Swiper or some Quick Balls. If you want the Pokemon there to be of a certain nature, bring along a Synchronizer with the nature you want.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
How many points do I need to get in the Dw in order for more pokemon to show up and to access other areas? I have around 400 points right about now. :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
How many points do I need to get in the Dw in order for more pokemon to show up and to access other areas? I have around 400 points right about now. :)

2500 gives you the next area, 5000 the third area, then every area gets new Pokemon at 7500 and 10000.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
what's that I keep hearing about these "magical" quick balls and legendaries, it hasn't worked for me yet :P
Some people just have more luck using Quick Balls on Legendaries. Save before battling and try Quick Balls each time to see if you have any success. Or maybe you'll have better luck with a different item. It really comes down to luck and how the catch rate of the Pokemon works together with the catch rate of the ball.

Where can I find a list of ev for pokemon white? Also the tier list like which is Nu, ou, uu etc. Let me know.
A guide for EV training on B/W is here, at GameFAQs. It has a list for each stat for getting EVs.

The tiers aren't really official yet, because people are still battling and seeing which Pokemon are being used how often.

The current tier lists, from May 1st, can be found here on Smogon's forums. (Link to forums because that's the only place I found them, and even that was a search.) The list isn't finalized yet, so just keep checking to see the changes until it is finalized.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Thanks Toujours :) That seems alot of points though, whats the quickest way to build up points? All I'm doing at the moment is the mini games...

Years
Oh I see. Another thing. Does everyone feel that this game is too short? I mean I got 3 badge already within two days already. There are less trainers in this game than in hg/ss versions. I'm at route 4 right now working my way to get the 4th badge.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Thanks Toujours :) That seems alot of points though, whats the quickest way to build up points? All I'm doing at the moment is the mini games...

If you go through the forest/sky/sea multiple times, the Pokemon don't get erased every time, so you can go through over and over again until eventually there's no more sparkles or Pokemon in the area. After that, you can visit your Dream Pals and water their berries if possible, up to the 20 times you can do that. If you do everything, you should get ~500 points a day.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
Oh I see. Another thing. Does everyone feel that this game is too short? I mean I got 3 badge already within two days already. There are less trainers in this game than in hg/ss versions. I'm at route 4 right now working my way to get the 4th badge.

Is than an appropriate question for this thread/ Oh well, Ill answer using logic. No, its not really short, since all the other games (Besides Hg/Ss and its originals) are 8 badges as well. Plus, you HAVE to fight the E4 twice, so it more than makes up for the lack of the teams headquartes you usually have to go through in the storyline.

Years
Oh. I'm am at the Nimbasa city gym right now. I'm having trouble to fight the electric and flying mouse pokemon. I'm using sandile right now. I've taught it rockslide and and earthquake and the flying mouse is unvernable to my ground attacks. What are other suggestion. Let me know thanks. For rockslide and earthquake I used an ar to get those attacks. I don't want to use other cheats to erase my game file. I've all ready got my hm cut deleted by the ar codes.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Oh. I'm am at the Nimbasa city gym right now. I'm having trouble to fight the electric and flying mouse pokemon. I'm using sandile right now. I've taught it rockslide and and earthquake and the flying mouse is unvernable to my ground attacks. What are other suggestion. Let me know thanks. For rockslide and earthquake I used an ar to get those attacks. I don't want to use other cheats to erase my game file. I've all ready got my hm cut deleted by the ar codes.

What I used in Black was a Drilbur that knew Rock Slide. Theoretically, the Sandile with Rock Slide should work fine. Another idea would be to use an Ice-type if you have one, since Flying is weak to Ice. If you're still having trouble, all I can say is fight some wild Pokemon to train your Pokemon up a couple levels and try again. Good luck.

Years
What I used in Black was a Drilbur that knew Rock Slide. Theoretically, the Sandile with Rock Slide should work fine. Another idea would be to use an Ice-type if you have one, since Flying is weak to Ice. If you're still having trouble, all I can say is fight some wild Pokemon to train your Pokemon up a couple levels and try again. Good luck.

What kind of ice type do you suggest? And again I just got this game so I'm not used to new pokemon that I haven't seen in a tv show before.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
That shouldn't be a problem, really. I wasn't familiar with any of the new Pokemon either, and I did just fine.

And silly Deoxys121, you can't get any ice-types at that stage in the game. They don't pop up until Twist Mountain, iirc. So yeah, keep on with your Sandile, and learn to predict Volt Switches to give yourself the advantage. In addition, Sandile effectively blocks VS, which can give you a huge advantage. What level is the little fella?

Years
That shouldn't be a problem, really. I wasn't familiar with any of the new Pokemon either, and I did just fine.

And silly Deoxys121, you can't get any ice-types at that stage in the game. They don't pop up until Twist Mountain, iirc. So yeah, keep on with your Sandile, and learn to predict Volt Switches to give yourself the advantage. In addition, Sandile effectively blocks VS, which can give you a huge advantage. What level is the little fella?

My alligator is at level 23 at or 24 at the moment. If it is low where do you think I can go train him?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Just train him anywhere in that area. The route to the east of Nimbasa City should be OK for that, I think, and the west as well iirc. Generally, the best place to train anything is the furthest place you can reach in the game at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back