• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caranciio

Doof?
Years
What are some good sets/teams for double battles? I want to get through the Battle Subway as painlessly as possible.

My boyfriend uses Espeon and Umbreon as a team, and they're unstoppable. Umbreon has the moves Toxic, Confuse Ray, Faint Attack and Moonlight, whereas Espeon has all-offense moves (can't remember them). Either way, it's a great team.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

The idea is basically the same, but there are a few differences. Spikes don't hit Flying types, Levitating Pokemon, or Pokemon using Magnet Rise. It will always hit a certain percentage of HP no matter what type effectiveness it is. It can also be stacked up to 3 times.

Stealth Rock hits every type of Pokemon, as it's rocks floating in the air. It also hits a certain percentage of HP, but it changes depending on its weakness or resistance to rock (anywhere from 3% to 50% damage). It can't be stacked at all.

Personally, I like Stealth Rock better.

Spikes is better for Generation V, however.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
Years
How exactly do you use pass powers? e__e

I remember buying a Bargain Power it said where Pokemarts were 50% off for 3 minutes. So I went to the spiral tree in the entralink, accepted the pass power, adn bought things. I don't think they were 50% off though -____-'

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
I am currently working on my competitive team and I'm very serious about this. My physical sweeper is Braviary and I have a question about his Sheer Force, stat-reducing/recoil moves, and Life Orb.

If someone is familiar with what I'm going on about, you might know what I'll ask.

- Does my HP get deducted from Life Orb if I have Sheer Force?
- Will my stats be reduced from SOOPAR POWAH (Super Power)?
- Will I take recoil from Brave Bird?

A well knowledgeable answer would be nice :)

Years
Depends. If it move that gets boosted by Sheer Force, then LO damage is negated.
Yes. Sheer Force does not apply to moves that have a negative effect on the user such as stat reduction or recoil.
Yes. See above.

If there is another effect aside from recoil or stat damage, such as Flare Blitz's Burn Chance, than Sheer Force will activate. Brave Bird and Superpower will not activate it however.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Depends. If it move that gets boosted by Sheer Force, then LO damage is negated.
Yes. Sheer Force does not apply to moves that have a negative effect on the user such as stat reduction or recoil.
Yes. See above.

If there is another effect aside from recoil or stat damage, such as Flare Blitz's Burn Chance, than Sheer Force will activate. Brave Bird and Superpower will not activate it however.

This can be further extrapolated.

Sheer Force only works on move that have a secondary effect, not a primary effect. Secondary effects are only effects that affect stats or inflict status conditions. Primary effects include stat penalty and recoil. Sheer Force will also negate any held-item that the user holds if it activates in response to a boosted attack--this means Life Orb, Shell Bell, and any similar item. However, since the damage bonus from Life Orb is a passive bonus, that effect is not activated.

I'm self-appointed leader of the Sheer Force page on Bulbapedia; there's a list of affected moves on that page: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sheer_Force

Years
I'm stuck at the 7th gym.....I couldn't find how to get to the next town. Can someone guide me here? Thanks.

I've been wondering around all night and I can't find an exit.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm stuck at the 7th gym.....I couldn't find how to get to the next town. Can someone guide me here? Thanks.

After you defeat the 7th Gym Leader, go north to the Dragonspiral tower, once you've defeated Plasma in there, fly to Nimbasa and make your way to the Ancient Castle. Make your way down to the basement and watch the events un-fold. Once that's done go back to Icirrus City then go east until you see a black building, Bianca will battle you and you can progress to Opelucid city.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
I don't know where better to put this question but here, so don't yell at me if it's in the wrong section ^^' Anyways, I really wanted to know how to record my pokemon black wifi battles with high quality. Many have suggested a flash card. I am basically wondering, does it have to be a DS specific flash card or just any other flash card from any other brand? Please, if someone could answer my question that would be wonderful!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't know where better to put this question but here, so don't yell at me if it's in the wrong section ^^' Anyways, I really wanted to know how to record my pokemon black wifi battles with high quality. Many have suggested a flash card. I am basically wondering, does it have to be a DS specific flash card or just any other flash card from any other brand? Please, if someone could answer my question that would be wonderful!

I'm not sure if this helps a lot, but my sister has a specific DS cart with a spot for a microSD. That way you can use the SD for things other than the DS.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years

I'm not sure if this helps a lot, but my sister has a specific DS cart with a spot for a microSD. That way you can use the SD for things other than the DS.

Doesn't really help in my case as the purpose is to exchange files from the ds to the computer, which apparently can only be done with a flash card. I don't want to go out and waste my money on an off-brand flash card if it wont work on my ds, you know? Thanks a lot for trying to help, I really appreciate your time and effort! :)

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Doesn't really help in my case as the purpose is to exchange files from the ds to the computer, which apparently can only be done with a flash card. I don't want to go out and waste my money on an off-brand flash card if it wont work on my ds, you know? Thanks a lot for trying to help, I really appreciate your time and effort! :)

I'm pretty sure that you can plug a micro SD card into a computer to save what is on it, if I'm not mistaken.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
yeah but how do you get the recorded battle from your ds system onto the sd card when its inserted into the ds system?

I'm not sure. There might be a feature ingame to save to the SD card or something. Try Googling it. It might not be possible. What DS system are you using?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
You record the videos using the in-game recorder, then you save. You plug the MicroSD into your computer and play the ROM on an emulator, replay the save, and record it from there.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
You record the videos using the in-game recorder, then you save. You plug the MicroSD into your computer and play the ROM on an emulator, replay the save, and record it from there.

but once i get the SD card in the ds, how do I get the recorded battle onto that card? Everything else makes sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back