• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Does anybody know why, that in Relice Castle, I can't get to other floors, there is a barrier there.

Help?

For the Relic Castle, you need to wait until the Plasma invasion there to advance further, and until you've beaten the game before Volcarona's cave is available.

BlackRay

The other trainer.
Years
How low should the base speed of a pokemon be if i want to run a trick room team

I can only assume, but it would have to be lower than the average pokemon
sent out into battle. So after taking a glance at the OU pokemon, below 60
is good enough.
(I'm no expert. This is just what I think is good.) :15:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is there a certain number of times that you can enter the dream world areas (pleasant forest and such) before the pokemon stop appearing?

If it's anything to go by, imo, it's the amount of Pokemon you encounter rather than the amount of times you've entered a location. For example, if you visit the forest once, you can at most encounter about 8 Pokemon. Then, go to the sky, you'll get about 6 or so, then sea, you'll get idk, 8 (just guesses), but as long as you've won all their mini-games without running from them, then generally Pokemon will keep appearing. However, if you avoid a few and therefore only play a few mini-games, then your chances of more Pokemon appearing next time are lowered from what I've noticed.

So if you enter the forest, decide you want nothing there and exit straight away, then you've potentially lost up to 8 Pokemon, which kinda cuts out 8 from about the 30 or so you can encounter (I believe it goes higher than 30, but I've only found around 27). Then if you enter the sky, and decide you only wanna enter the sea, then that kinda cuts out from your total too. So as a result you'll only be able to enter 2 more areas, assuming you'll have the chances of getting about 8 from those areas each time.

...in other words, when you're at about 30 Pokemon, they'll stop appearing and your time will be up as long as you befriend everything you see. :3

And same goes for items too which I noticed, when you don't find Pokemon, items are generally there as fillers and are usually found often when you know you're at the end of your encountering :x

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
What's the easiest way for me to train my level 21 Solosis when I'm up to the sixth gym? I can't battle trainers around that level.

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
Years
its says in the official guide volume 2 that eventually i will face up to 6 participants on the pokemon musical but it doesnt say how i do this?? does anyone know how i achieve this??

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Wouldn't giving it Exp.Share and switching it once the battle starts be enough? :)
Battling Audino from shaking grass well help very majorly with this as well. I'd also say to go in with the EXP. Share until it's a high enough level to battle other Pokémon/trainers without fainting very quickly, and afterward go in with the Lucky Egg.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2011
so in short, I surf'd a lot to get surfacing spots (rare pokemon) and now the spots wont appear, how do I get them to show up again?

Aust77

Grass Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2011
Any good places to train if my team is levels 56-59, I've beaten the first round of the Elite Four/N/Ghetsis? I'm currently at Route 15 to the right of Black City, the wild pokes are levels 48-50, I get around ~1000-2000 exp with the Lucky Egg, and in the thick/double battle grass they are levels 50-60.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Any good places to train if my team is levels 56-59, I've beaten the first round of the Elite Four/N/Ghetsis? I'm currently at Route 15 to the right of Black City, the wild pokes are levels 48-50, I get around ~1000-2000 exp with the Lucky Egg, and in the thick/double battle grass they are levels 50-60.

Generally, all Pokemon that appear post-game in any area are on the same level caps. I usually use the Giant Chasm.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2011
Filling out the pokedex question...(NOOB here) :)

Hey guys sorry if this question was asked somewhere else, I tried searching but couldn't really find anything really related to it. As for completing the pokedex, should I collect the pokemon as I go or should I just worry about catching them after I complete the main story? Some places I have read suggest either/or so I wasn't for sure which would be the wisest route. Thanks!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If I were you I would just collect them as I see them, and then fill in the gaps after the game is over. Don't stop in every route to catch every Pokemon, but always have some Pokeballs handy in case you run into something you've never seen. Then when you're done with the game, all you'll have to do is evolve some Pokemon and catch a few others.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2011
How events work?

Hey guys, so how exactly would events work if I mainly can only do Global Link/Wi-fi for my connections. Also how exactly do events work? I checked on Serrebi and I still couldn't really make sense of their descriptions. :) Events are new to me so I am just wondering what if any I could be involved in? Thanks guys!

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
some events take place at game stores like Gamestop, where they will distribute the event pokemon to you, and they will usually help you out and give instructions. other events like the Victini event usually involve mystery gift where you download an item via wi-fi and then use that item to get the event pokemon.

hope this helps a little =)

Last edited:

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
I'm having trouble with the Dream World and High Link (Entralink). I was on Dream World last night and had two Pokemon on my friend board in my house (one was my birthday Togekiss and the other I befriended and confirmed at the Tree of Dreams), and when I tried to go back into the forest it even said I needed to first go to High Link to tend to the Pokemon I sent. Then today I went to High Link to retrieve the Pokemon and berry I sent and the boy wasn't at the entrance to High Link's forest, and when I went into the forest I checked every area and there were no Pokemon at all. What gives?

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
when sending pokemon from dream world to the entralink you have to make sure that the pokemon you want to send is selected and confirmed at the tree of dreams. once you send it you have to go to the entree forrest, which is in the entralink in the upper section. once your there you can catch it.

hope this helps a little =)

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
so i haven't been on DW in a while and i was wondering have there been any new events i should know about, and have there been any new pokemon available in DW?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
so i haven't been on DW in a while and i was wondering have there been any new events i should know about, and have there been any new pokemon available in DW?

Nope. :x The only thing coming is the Pikachu C-Gear download (or Pokedex? Pretty sure it's C-Gear) and they also updated the amount of dream pals you can have, as well as added another berry row... other than that, no, sadly no new Pokemon are available. :(

(That is excluding the DW Cafe with a few new Pokemon only for Japanese versions, and if so you'd see something about it on the side information on the PGL site).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back