• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2016
Best Pokemon Hack Game I've played so far!
Can't wait to play the full version!

Version 1 is so cool I played it through twice already XD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have not read previous posts so I will ask this question? Does that means the next beta only has complete story as well as graphical, bugs, glitches correction which occurred in Beta 1 and no new addition to old areas?
E...h? o.O I just meant that if you re-play the beta 1 there won't be any element of surprise anymore, nothing deep... o.O

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
Hahaha i finished beta 1 for thr third time.
I play with all three starters and i even found perfect team.(for me)
The big 6 what i love to call them.
They are
GARCHOMP
FERROTHORN
ESCAVALIER
LUCARIO
STARAPTOR
SHARPEDO.

They are the best team ( for me ).

when will be next update?

Years
Hahaha i finished beta 1 for thr third time.
I play with all three starters and i even found perfect team.(for me)
The big 6 what i love to call them.
They are
GARCHOMP
FERROTHORN
ESCAVALIER
LUCARIO
STARAPTOR
SHARPEDO.

They are the best team ( for me ).

when will be next update?
Ah the next update is not coming before 24 days as the countdown has already begun .
I was checking the wild poke list for beta 2 when I found some pokes have double entries in it. Is this intentional or just mistakenly posted?

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I haven't really went to this thread for a while..... This is the first critique on this type of game, so I may not make any sense.

First off, this hack isn't that bad though with the plot and the movesets you gave to the Pokemon. They are set perfectly and good for those that really need a good STAB move. But are you going to raise up the attacks a bit higher though? It's a suggestion.

Second, I sort of have no problem with the bugs of this game since it's not noticeable and it doesn't cause distractions.

Now, I'll say a few things, so don't jump on me. The tiles of the places I go to are slightly bland in my opinion, except for the desert.

They look pretty light and sort of lack detail into it. Second, the sprites are a tad short. Some are weird in the battle scenes that lack details as well.

Last, I don't want to be a bragger, but the difficulty is a bit too much on where I was about to get the third badge. The Pokemon are slightly overpowered in this game.

I faced other hacks like this, but it doesn't add it to the fact that they're too strong and there isn't much of a place to EV train my team.

Overall, you didn't have to take this in consideration. I'm saying on what I think of this hack since it's a big success and it's unique. I prefer adding Physical/Special Class split since you're adding new moves and Pokemon that heavily rely on those based off of how high their stats are.

Last edited:
Years
@Volcanix: The game is intentionally kept hard and for your other problems , a new beta is currently releasing on Dec 25 so you could say it will be bug free edition which you mentioned

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
hey i just started playing your hack & i want to know is it normal/okay if i have bad eggs in pc??
i have bad eggs in box2,box3..i have not checked other boxes..i want to know can i use those boxes??

Years
I can't take this anymore. So I started the walk through from Beta 1. Currently the coverage is till Flamen City. I know this sounds pretty strange but I will add any new stuff if it comes from Beta 2 so cheers

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
I can't take this anymore. So I started the walk through from Beta 1. Currently the coverage is till Flamen City. I know this sounds pretty strange but I will add any new stuff if it comes from Beta 2 so cheers
hey buddy did u have any bad eggs in your storage pc???
is it okay to have bad eggs in your pc???

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
Just leave them there if you have them and don't do anything with them, you might do more bad than good.
Thanks for your reply buddy...
I now have 6 boxes with bad eggs..i guess as u said if i won't touch them or move them they won't be that much harmful to gameplay..
I'm actually enjoying this game..I've played a lot of hacks in the past but in this hack I'm focusing more on training my pokemon rather than just getting badges..so i was nervous if bad eggs could ruin my game..thanks again!!

Years
Just got online to announce that the walk hrough ha covered the story till Atlantic city. Also I caught a Mudkip on Atlantic Swamp and it was holding an Exp-Share. Was it intentional?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
*Wakes Up* ... *Looks Around*... Oh, Hi Everyone! Miss Me? Sorry for the absence, I've been pretty busy and preoccupied. Good News though! The hack is still scheduled for the 25th of this month. But, I've had thoughts that I should release it on the 26th or 31st. Cause let's face it, all of you are gonna be distracted with your Christmas presents lol. Like other video games and all sorts of different things. So if I released it on the day after or on the last month of December, you'd probably play and appreciate it more. Last, Hinkage, Pokemon Hyetology creator, is finishing up the rest of the hack. If you've played his hack, you'd know he's skilled at hacking. So, it's in good hands while I'm busy.

Another thing I almost forgot to mention; I advise Everyone who'll be playing the final version this month to start over. It's not mandatory, but highly recommended. Since Atif re-did the mapping, I've added a new location somewhere early in the hack. The event is optional but it has information and foreshadowing events for Dark Rising 2. You'll also encounter a "Familiar Yet Surprising" character and you get to battle this person. There's also new areas in beta 2 I recently added that I've yet to show in a post with another character I'm sure you'll all be shocked to see. Let The Countdown Continue!

Oh, and alienhunterx, yes the exp share was intentional. Every starter in the wild has an exp.share.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Hey i was just wondering in this hack how do you evolve shelmet and karrablast?
also do pokemon that would evolve normally through trading evolve via leveling up?

Back