• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Plot Bunny Thread

Is Fire Emblem: Conjoinst Souls something that you'd be interested in reading?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I need help with the battle system. What will a one-on-one battle resemble? How will strategies change if only one Pokémon is used? How should I implement the traditional six-on-six battle?

The answer you're looking for can be summed up in a single sentence: Think about how wild Pokémon would battle.

See, it's not unusual for a Pokémon to use itself as the only combatant, and it's equally not unusual for a battle to be less than a one-on-one match. (Six-on-six technically isn't even all that traditional. Think about how many trainers in the games or the anime use their full roster against another trainer. That kind of thing is usually reserved for special battles; most of the trainers in either canon carry around less than that, while the game's hero avatar usually only needs a handful to take out NPCs.) So, for a Pokémorph battle, all you need to do is think about how one of these wild Pokémon would engage in battle with others. Sure, the Pokémon in question would have a human mind, but other than that (and, of course, differences in the way a morph's body would work compared to the way a full Pokémon's body attacks), it's pretty much the same.

In terms of strategy, yes, it'd be different. If your story takes place only a little while after the virus hits, people will probably be incredibly cautious when it comes to a match unless you're trying to say something about their general character. After all, they've got only one shot at winning. They can't simply switch in another Pokémon when the going gets tough. Most of all, they're directly involved in all the danger. Although Pokémon battling's a huge sport, I'm not sure how many people would readily jump into a Rock Slide themselves.

Of course, you could potentially have a tag-team battle happen, where morphs team up with other morphs to fight. Some might even "switch in" if the single opponent they're battling happens to have advantages over them. Professional wrestling actually does this kind of thing a lot. It might give you some ideas on how to go about doing it.

Other than that, the concept's pretty vague. A lot of people write about morphs in a war of one kind or another, but you could be cooking up something that puts a new spin on the genre. *shrug* Good luck.

Delusions of Originality

good night, sleep tight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
I would add the general caveat that you should be careful about how you explain the nature of the virus, why it's logically able to give people the ability to morph/turn them into morphs/etc., why the same virus turns two different people into two different and possibly entirely unrelated species (scizor and espeon, say), so on and so forth. More mature, serious readers tend to tire of pokémorph stories very quickly because the authors just want "people with pokémon powers" and throw together some slipshod excuse that, in the end, makes very little logical sense (see the groan-inducingly typical "um well Team Rocket did it *vague distracting handwave*", though it looks like you're steering away from that and its ilk so far). You probably don't have to launch into a whole genetics lesson, but you're going to have to work a bit harder to make it believable than someone writing another genre precisely because it comes with such a heavy stigma attached. If you haven't already, I'd suggest reading Dragonfree's Morphic--much more logical take on morphs than one usually sees, and well-written in general. Dragonfree's morphs are still intentionally created, not an accidental mutation caused by a virus, but it could still give you some ideas.

Actually, once you've established a pretty firm explanation for how these morphs came to be, it might help you iron out some of the details of the battle system. To what degree are these people morphed? How does it affect their stamina, their mentality (i.e. do they take on some pokémon instincts along with their human intelligence? Does it make them more aggressive)? How much abuse, especially in the form of elemental attacks, are they capable of taking? How powerful are the attacks they can use? This can help you determine, for example, whether or not they're actually battling with the intent to knock one another out, or whether it's expected that the loser cries uncle before he/she is too badly injured (which might be what you want if single competitors constantly being knocked silly is one of your concerns).

Last edited:

StarBreak

???
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2013
(Six-on-six technically isn't even all that traditional. Think about how many trainers in the games or the anime use their full roster against another trainer. That kind of thing is usually reserved for special battles; most of the trainers in either canon carry around less than that, while the game's hero avatar usually only needs a handful to take out NPCs.)

You caught your own mistake right there. NPCs are not human; they cannot think for themselves. They are programmed to be easy to beat in the storyline. When a real human competes against another real human, both wants to win, therefore both will use whatever it takes to win. If you have taken part in competitive battling (Wifi, Shoddy etc), you will know that many players use Pokémon that compliment each other (eg. Celetran, SkarmBliss), revolve around a general strategy (eg. defensive teams, weather teams, Trick Room teams) or help the main attacker reach its potential (eg. Suicidal Stealth Rock leads, Baton Passers, Memento and Dual Screen users). It is highly unlikely to find a filler unless the team can function efficiently with five members or less. It's all about the teamwork.

The anime can afford to have a smaller team because one-on-one battles are more common, and they are very likely to be friendly competitions in which a loss is not really something to cry about. In a war, you either kill, be killed or both when forced to fight.

Of course, you could potentially have a tag-team battle happen, where morphs team up with other morphs to fight. Some might even "switch in" if the single opponent they're battling happens to have advantages over them. Professional wrestling actually does this kind of thing a lot. It might give you some ideas on how to go about doing it.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll look into it.

I have been thinking about something. What if there are more than one virus created for the same war in the past? How does this idea of a virus race sound?

The Pokérus affects all Pokémon, so the humans on one side of the war genetically modified the virus beforehand in an effort to at least weaken enemy Pokémon. The new Pokérus eliminates whatever immunity the host had instead of promoting its growth. Think of it as a Pokémon HIV. They also developed a vaccine for their Pokémon, with its data was stored in the computer system and classified as top military secret. Spies risked their lives trying to steal the information, but found it easier to just permanently delete it. The research team had to start from scratch. Unfortunately, the GM Pokérus was somehow accidentally released before the project was completed. It was already too late by the time the vaccine was ready. There were no more Pokémon to save. That war became the first war with battles between humans only.

The same thing basically happens at the meanwhile on the other side with two big differences. The humans genetically modified another virus, this one to kill people. They, of course, also developed a vaccine for their side of the war. For a while, everything went as expected. They were winning as their human enemies were dying to both the virus and the usual dangers of war.

Back to the Pokérus modifiers' side. There was a huge loss of manpower, so the other side of the war still had advantage. It was a do-or-die situation. People became desperate. Anything that sounds remotely plausible was given a shot. A second research team was employed to produce a counter the virus. How they do it does not matter, as long as it works; they can make virus-proof barrier, they can come up with an appropriate gene therapy, they can attempt to steal the blueprints of the vaccine, they can create their own vaccine from the samples of virus... Whatever. Anything. Even other experts think up of their own ways. The government had offered an attractive reward to the creator of the most effective virus counter.

I am still thinking of how to conclude the war.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
You caught your own mistake right there. NPCs are not human; they cannot think for themselves.

Who said it was a mistake? It works like that on a meta level, but if we think on an in-world level, my point still stands. The hero avatar is meant to be this incredible training prodigy who can rise from humble beginnings to defeat all eight gym leaders (which is hinted in canon as not being an easy task for most people, if you ask around Pewter City before hitting Brock), take on not only the Elite Four gauntlet but also the actual champion (the greatest trainer in the region before you come along), and capture the forces of nature/gods of the Pokémon world with very little effort. Sure, it might seem like the game's easy, but that's the point and part of the story.

Not to mention my point was that very few NPCs carry around a full party of six Pokémon. The only ones are either the trainers who overload their team with easy Pokémon (read: Magikarp), the champion, and every Gym Leader or Elite Four member you rechallenge (in Heart Gold/Soul Silver, namely). This implies that a full six-on-six battle is meant to be a special event, not just something that happens ordinarily.

As for your idea, the main problem I can see with it is the fact that a lot of people try to come up with a way to use a plot that eradicates all Pokémon life on the planet... but, well, this is like trying to eradicate a huge percentage of all life on Earth. Unless you set aside a certain percentage of Pokémon that survive (not just legendaries but also Pokémon in general), then you might be able to work out a setting where the ecology isn't ravaged to the point where that other virus isn't needed. (I say "to the point where the other virus isn't needed" because if you screw up a planet's ecology that much, then you're risking making the planet uninhabitable. As in, even if you have real animals in your world, Pokémon are most likely a huge keystone in how the Pokémon world's ecology works. It'd be like taking away all the bees that help pollinate plants, all the spiders that keep the insect population in check, and so on and so forth.)

In other words, a lot of authors try to do this kind of thing (and you can see other pages in this thread for an example), but you've really got to think on broad terms if you do stuff like that -- not just "I have a virus, and it leads to a human-on-human war." Especially given the fact that, with all you're trying to do, that war you're planning probably won't happen in a matter of months. Sure, you can devastate the population of Europe in less than a year (thank you, history), but the genetic research itself will probably take a few years, assuming there's no government-induced setbacks.

Unless, of course, you're thinking about creating Soylent Green with Pokémon. At which point, go for it.

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
One Pokeball and a Hundred Plot Bunnies

I have a BIG problem here!

You see, I've been in this fandom for over 3 years now... since the early days, I've seen several plot bunnies form. Thing is, I know I can only write ONE long story (and MAYBE an occasional one-shot) per fandom.

So. One Pokeball, and a hundred plot bunnies! Help me capture the best Plot Bunnie!

1) Based on Pokespe, in terms that only a select few posses a Pokedex. The original Pokespe characters would all be in their twenties and be famous. (moreso than they are already) as well.
It is about a brother-and-sister team. The boy, Hematite, is in a wheelchair, and Garnet, the girl and older sibling, would like Hematite to become a Pokemon Trainer as well. The idea is that a year before the present day, Garnet said she would go on a Journey across Hidem, my made-up region. Hematite is jealous, thinking that just because he's wheelchair-bound he can't ever be a trainer. (Or so says their grandparents, whom they live with.)
What Garnet was really doing, was planning a path for Hematite to be a trainer. On Hematite's 11th birthday, she gives him two Pokemon- a Ponyta (or Rapidash) and a Buizel. Her idea is that Hematite would ride on Ponyta when the Wheelchair is not plausible, and that Buizel would be his Starter.
So basically, Hematite and Garnet would travel around Hidem, with Garnet being Hematie's 24/7 guardian. Oh yeah, and there's probably going to be some crazy take-over-the-world scheme going on. (not sure what or why or how)

2) A more simple story. This one would be based on my adventures in the games, but not necessarily the games themselves. (if you follow) Basically, it would start off Hoenn and then go to Sinnoh, and then Kanto and Johto! (I may or may not include Isshu and future regions... it would sort of depend on where the region is)
Basically, most of the core plot would stay for the most part. However, there will be some twists...
Spoiler:

Also note, that I would wish to use Japanese names for all characters, locations, and Pokemon. Moves and Items would still use their English names.
Since this is BASED on MY adventure IN the games, the continuity in the games is semi-ignored (Basically, the events of Kanto are never seen, and rather, Momoko would go through the HGSS Version (not the GSC Version), with another rival having been through the original Kanto.)

So basically, what Momoko wants is to be the best damn Dragon-Type Trainer ever. (She Idolizes Clair/Ibuki and Lance/Wataru)

3)........................................................................... eh? really? Ic an't think of anything else?
Oakay, so I guess it's Pokespe/Origional Region Based Fic VS. Modified Game Based Fic!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
1) Based on Pokespe, in terms that only a select few posses a Pokedex. The original Pokespe characters would all be in their twenties and be famous. (moreso than they are already) as well.
It is about a brother-and-sister team. The boy, Hematite, is in a wheelchair, and Garnet, the girl and older sibling, would like Hematite to become a Pokemon Trainer as well. The idea is that a year before the present day, Garnet said she would go on a Journey across Hidem, my made-up region. Hematite is jealous, thinking that just because he's wheelchair-bound he can't ever be a trainer. (Or so says their grandparents, whom they live with.)
What Garnet was really doing, was planning a path for Hematite to be a trainer. On Hematite's 11th birthday, she gives him two Pokemon- a Ponyta (or Rapidash) and a Buizel. Her idea is that Hematite would ride on Ponyta when the Wheelchair is not plausible, and that Buizel would be his Starter.
So basically, Hematite and Garnet would travel around Hidem, with Garnet being Hematie's 24/7 guardian. Oh yeah, and there's probably going to be some crazy take-over-the-world scheme going on. (not sure what or why or how)

I'd say go with this one. It's an idea that isn't basically average new trainer faire, and it deals with subjects that could be potentially interesting. You also have fewer problems with this one than the other one (which I'll get into in a moment). With this idea, though, you'll want to take into consideration two things that you haven't really described above:

1. The fact that Hematite is disabled. A lot of newbie writers tend to give their characters interesting obstacles to face (blindness, psychological disturbances, that sort of thing) but forget to follow through with it. Don't forget that your character ultimately can't walk, and this will most likely end up being a problem later, even if he has a Ponyta. It will probably affect him psychologically (especially since he's been told all his life that he can't do certain things that a lot of other people in the world can) as well as on the obvious physical basis.

Also, try to think about why he's in a wheelchair. Sometimes, being in a wheelchair doesn't just mean not having the ability to walk, depending on the problem that led to the character being put in one. Cerebral palsy isn't the same as paralysis caused by an accident, for example. Either could bring in a whole list of other problems for both the brother and the sister.

In other words, yeah, I know it's one of my most-stressed pieces of advice, but remember to do a bit of research before going into this kind of character. It can be well-done if it keeps in mind that the wheelchair means a whole lot of things to the character.

2. How this relates to Pokespe. Right now, ignoring the part about Hematite's disability, it seems a lot like an average journey. Pokespe, meanwhile, tends to be about kids who are destined to save the world from legendary-related disaster. The journey (badges, ribbons, et cetera) tends to be a side quest, sometimes even explicitly so. (Looking at you, RS arc.) Normally, it's kosher to have a story set in a canon universe, but because this is set in a fan region so far into the future, you'll want to make sure the reader knows that it's not a fic based on the franchise in general but instead one based on a specific universe. You'll probably have to bring in elements of the stories in Pokespe and bring up the characters, depending on how you want to establish the story's setting. (You'll probably end up having to bring in the stories from the canon universe anyway because, heck, they saved the world on multiple occasions.)

2) A more simple story. This one would be based on my adventures in the games, but not necessarily the games themselves. (if you follow) Basically, it would start off Hoenn and then go to Sinnoh, and then Kanto and Johto! (I may or may not include Isshu and future regions... it would sort of depend on where the region is)
Basically, most of the core plot would stay for the most part. However, there will be some twists...
Spoiler:

Also note, that I would wish to use Japanese names for all characters, locations, and Pokemon. Moves and Items would still use their English names.
Since this is BASED on MY adventure IN the games, the continuity in the games is semi-ignored (Basically, the events of Kanto are never seen, and rather, Momoko would go through the HGSS Version (not the GSC Version), with another rival having been through the original Kanto.)

So basically, what Momoko wants is to be the best damn Dragon-Type Trainer ever. (She Idolizes Clair/Ibuki and Lance/Wataru)

I actually have to do this in list format.

1. While you said Isshu's presence in your story is a maybe, never include a region in an upcoming game in a story until more information is known about it. The reason why is because if you know very little about it, you'll end up having to speculate, which means that when the actual games come out, the details in your story (Pokémon in your region, how moves work, what moves each Pokémon will learn, what kinds of places and gyms are across the region, that sort of thing) will probably be all wrong.

2. Unfortunately, while you have the bit in the spoiler tag about Team Magma, the rest seems to be generic new trainer faire. You've got a girl on a journey to become the greatest trainer (even if it's just with Dragon-types... which actually raises a completely new issue I'll get into in a moment). She's probably going to go on a badge quest of some kind, and she has her own generic rival. Not only that, but you've also basically said that this will follow the games. (Only... not?) So, it'll probably be a little less exciting than your first idea because this kind of thing, where the embodiment of the writer's game character sets off across a region to collect badges and go through the basic plot of the games, has happened quite frequently in fanfiction anyway.

3. I can only wonder what kind of starter she'd have, considering Dragon-types are extremely rare. They also tend to suck early on but grow into serious powerhouses (which means you'd probably see her taking on Johto without too much trouble if she's got a Salamence or something), but mostly, they're just intensely rare. Some of them tend to cause the reader to laugh if you bring them out. (For example, if your character starts off with a Dratini she finds in the wild -- especially injured in the wild -- this will probably cause your fic to be considered a parody because so many parodies start off like this anyway.)

4. I cringe a little at the occasional disregarding of canon. I mean, this is either based on the games, or it isn't. And even then, you'll probably run into problems because some readers will expect that certain canon details (like the entirety of the Kanto plot) will pop up when, in your story, they won't. In other words, your trap is the fact that this sounds a lot like standard new trainer faire, and it sounds like you're basing this on the games (sort of). As a result, a reader will end up assuming that they'll be following your character through the basic plots of each region, and when they don't see them, they'll wonder when this story is supposed to take place.

This will probably get even more confusing because of the way the timelines in each of the games work. RBY/FrLg and RSE are set in the same timeline; DP and GSC/HGSS are set in a timeline three years after the first one. In fact, HGSS's Team Rocket subplot happened because of what happened in Kanto three years prior to the game's events. So, to say that Kanto's plot happens at roughly the same time as Johto's just invites a mess because the Team Rocket in Johto don't have a reason to screw around with Magikarp in the Lake of Rage or take over the radio tower in Goldenrod yet.

Not only that, but the bit about Wally seems like there's no reason for it. I mean, the entire point behind why he hangs out with the player character is because he got his first Pokémon with their help thanks to the fact that his family didn't want him to leave home. As in, they thought he was too sickly to go out on a journey, so they wouldn't give him a Pokémon. In the games, at least.

5. There's also no difference between GSC's core plot and HGSS's. The differences between the games are in the features (including where you find Suicune), side plot (like the Safari Zone stuff), and the role of the kimono girls (which seems more like a superficial thing, really). Just so you know.

6. While I have no problem with writers using Japanese names for characters, locations, and Pokémon (and, in fact, one of my favorite fics does this), it really has to be all or nothing for the sake of consistency. As in, it wouldn't make sense to go with Japanese names for three elements of Pokémon canon but English names for the rest. Your readers will probably end up having to look things up anyway because most people don't know every single character's Japanese name. (For example, if I said Mayumi, I'm not sure how many people would know who that was right off the bat. They likewise probably wouldn't know what Hajitsuge or Taneboh were. So, they'll probably have to look those up just as much as they would probably have to look up Kougousei -- or, if I wanted to make things easier, Photosynthesis -- or Orennomi.)

7. Finally, you'll probably have trouble tackling this kind of fic. While it's not unheard-of to create a fic that spans hundreds of chapters and multiple books, keep in mind that to write a good epic like those will usually take years of work.

In short, yeah, you'll probably have less trouble with the first one. Good luck!

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
Years
OK, I'm kinda new to the Pokemon fanfic world so I'm just wondering if this idea of mine isn't all boring and stuff...

So, the plot of my story is that there is a Chikorita who is abandoned by her Trainer for unknown reasons. She is then found by a group of Bug and Grass-type Pokemon that call themselves the Bug Brigade, and they promise her that they will return Chikorita to her Trainer if she helps them in their quest to take down Team Rocket, because they think that the humans don't really care about Team Rocket's plans.

Ok, the summary's pretty...bad. That's why I need some ideas :)

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
I came up with this off the top of my head a few minutes ago. What do you think?

Senterra
Background
The story begins on a planet called Senterra, which is actually Latin for "Old Earth". The reason before this naming is because at one point in time, long ago, Earth as we know it was actually the combination of two separate heavenly bodies, one called Vita Corpus (Latin for Magic Body, which became Senterra), and the other, Mors Corpus (Latin for Dead Body, and which is now the Earth we reside on today). When the two worlds were conjoined, civilization thrived on the existence of magic, and magitechnology. Though not everyone could use it, those who could were revered as wise and powerful beings, or Sorcerer, as us Earthbound call them, (Earthbounds being those without magical capabilities). However, some non-magic users began to become jealous of the Sorcerer's, so, using technology, and machinery to counter their magic, war broke out on Senterra between the Sorcerers and the Earthbound.

The two ended the era of peace, and segregation was born. The two societies were separated. The war, which would be known on Senterra as the "Arcadian Birth War", went on for many seasons. To end the conflict, both began development on super weapons, which would destroy the other faction. The Earthbound developed the first nuclear weapon with their alliance with science and technology, and the Sorcerer's began creating a great beast with their alliance with magic. The name of the beast would be known as Ragnapecus, (a combination of the words "Ragnarok", and "Pecus", Latin for tamed beast).

The Earthbound launched their nuclear weapon, but it was countered with the release of Ragnapecus, which engulfed the nuke. However, the nuclear radiation spoiled the beast's radiant shell, turning it into a monstrous demon, known as Ragnafera (Combination of "Ragnarok" and "Fera", Latin for wild beast). Ragnafera began an uncontrollable rampage, destroying both the forces of the Sorcerer's and the Earthbound. Desperate to stop Ragnafera, the two came together once more, and decided to separate Senterra into two heavenly bodies instead of one, splitting up Ragnafera's being with them. The essence of Ragnapecus would reside with the Sorcerer's, on their world, Pecusterra, and the Earthbound would adopt the destructive Ragnafera, but a concealed form, which would only be released if the wickedness of man reached it's own. The Earthbound would reside on a body known as Feraterra, but eventually, as the knowledge of their origin on Senterra was lost to the ages, a new name was adopted. Earth.

The Senterrians thrived as a people, and were easily capable of reconstructing their civilizations on a new planet with the use of magic. However, the Feraterrians began civilization over anew as well, but took longer to rebuild their civilizations. However, as the prophecy of Ragnafera had been written, the sin and wickedness on Feraterra eventually began to grow, and it seemed that every time civilization began to prosper, war would only destroy it again, forcing man to begin all over again.

Eventually, the two worlds distanced more and more from one another, until Feraterra, at this point, Earth, completely forgot its origins and the relationship with Pecusterra. It stayed that way for millenniums… but unbeknown to the Earthlings of contemporary days, soon, Ragnafera would be awakened from his slumber on earth, and not even Pecusterra would be safe from its wrath.

I've got another one.

Rise of the Earthbound

Setting and Background
Rise of the Earthbound takes place in an alternate reality of Earth, where back in the time before advanced technology magic and sorcery actually existed and thrived, but with the progression of industry and mechanics, the art of magic was slowly lost and forgotten by all but a few remnants, known as "The Remnants", respectably.

In the year 2084 the all of civilization was destroyed at the hands of nuclear holocaust caused by the quake of World War III, which would forever be remembered as "The Great War". Survivors of The Great War scattered throughout the remains of the Earth, and began tribes and packs, and slowly began rebuilding civilization through their own separate means; however, there were two general ways of living. There were those who tried to revive the power of technology and machines, and there were those who tried to revive the far more ancient traditions of utilizing the lost art of magic, which they found possible through the teachings of Remnants, and the discovery of lost remains of magical society, revealed by the removal of such things as certain cities and foundations that took the place of where nature once flourished.

Those who used magic to run their culture were now also called Remnants, and those who tried to use machinery and other related means were referred to as "Machinas". In order to further emulate the former world before the Great War, the tribes of the Machinas began to converge to form cities and nations. Though things began small, over the course of many decades, centuries even, they began to prove successful. The many cities took the form of steampunk, and eventually they formed a government too. And the government was led by a president, who led the nations through democracy.

The Remnants took a different approach. Their societies remained separated in different tribes and small camps, but they remained connected with one another, and were free to interact with one another through forms of trade and more. They were governed by the "Seven Sages", elders who were all either original Remnants, or descendants of them. The Seven Sages didn't truly bare any control, but they were revered and respected for their immense knowledge and wisdom.

Peace, more or less, was maintained for hundreds of years, until the year 567 AGW (which stood for After Great War), when a new president was appointed to lead the Machinas, a man named Alexei Balk, took office. This changed things drastically. Eventually, Balk became more of a dictator than president, and waged war against the Remnants after convincing his people that they were to blame for the collapse of the world and triggering the Great War. Though the Remnants were reluctant to fight back, they eventually had no choice, and a battle that would be remembered as the "Balk War" began. It lasted eight months before the Seven Sages came up with a resolution. Using their magic, the Remnants decided to end the war by raising the continents of their land into the sky, making the homes of the Remnants inaccessible to the Remnants. From then on, the Machinas would be known as the "Earthbound", and connection between the Remnants and Earthbound ceased from then on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
InuYasha, Naraku Reborn: Based on the anime. This time things are going to be different. After realizing it was the jewel that was the villian, and it had been controling Naraku all this time, and that his true wish was just to be with Kikyo meaning Naraku was never evil at all Kagome makes a better wish this time. Her wish,"Bring Naraku and Kikyo back to life then disappear forever." Now Naraku gets a second chance at life, to start over a new beginning. And he plans on spending it with the love of his life, Kikyo, who realizes Naraku's feelings and falls head over hills in love, back.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 23, 2011
The plot of my fantasy novel.

Magink is an incredibly powerful book of spells, for it contains every spell ever written/made. It needs seven keys to open it, which are spread out throughout the land of Farlock. This book was made by the Elders strictly for use in great peril. As the Keys are being gathered by the King for use to control or destory Farlock it's up to a small rebellion to gather the Keys for themselves and destroy Magink once and for all. (It can only be destroyed by reading a spell from the back of the book.)

I know that the plot line is in really simplistic terms, and I'm usually better with my vocabulary, but I'm really tired.

Anyway; what do you guys think of the plot line; that's what I'm asking about?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Magink is an incredibly powerful book of spells, for it contains every spell ever written/made. It needs seven keys to open it, which are spread out throughout the land of Farlock. This book was made by the Elders strictly for use in great peril. As the Keys are being gathered by the King for use to control or destory Farlock it's up to a small rebellion to gather the Keys for themselves and destroy Magink once and for all. (It can only be destroyed by reading a spell from the back of the book.)

I know that the plot line is in really simplistic terms, and I'm usually better with my vocabulary, but I'm really tired.

Merged your thread into the plot bunny thread in the writing section.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Hmm this could use some activity. *punts uni away for a bit*
OK, I'm kinda new to the Pokemon fanfic world so I'm just wondering if this idea of mine isn't all boring and stuff...

So, the plot of my story is that there is a Chikorita who is abandoned by her Trainer for unknown reasons. She is then found by a group of Bug and Grass-type Pokemon that call themselves the Bug Brigade, and they promise her that they will return Chikorita to her Trainer if she helps them in their quest to take down Team Rocket, because they think that the humans don't really care about Team Rocket's plans.

Ok, the summary's pretty...bad. That's why I need some ideas :)
Well, I guess you should consider why certain things happen - such as why the trainer would abandon a Chikorita (a reputable rare Pokemon, etc). Is it because the trainer is stupid/bad with treating Pokemon right, or did something happen that separated them and the trainer also wants the Chikorita back? That could add some interesting dynamics to the story... I like the idea about Pokemon banding together by themselves to take down TR as well - could make for an interesting story. Might also want to consider in what way is TR being bad (or is this loosely based on GSC/HGSS?) and how they plan to go about stopping whatever it is TR are doing, and what characters make up said Pokemon. I guess simply just expand on it - the basis is certainly promising though.

I came up with this off the top of my head a few minutes ago. What do you think??
The story begins on a planet called Senterra, which is actually Latin for "Old Earth". The reason before this naming is because at one point in time, long ago, Earth as we know it was actually the combination of two separate heavenly bodies, one called Vita Corpus (Latin for Magic Body, which became Senterra), and the other, Mors Corpus (Latin for Dead Body, and which is now the Earth we reside on today). When the two worlds were conjoined, civilization thrived on the existence of magic, and magitechnology. Though not everyone could use it, those who could were revered as wise and powerful beings, or Sorcerer, as us Earthbound call them, (Earthbounds being those without magical capabilities). However, some non-magic users began to become jealous of the Sorcerer's, so, using technology, and machinery to counter their magic, war broke out on Senterra between the Sorcerers and the Earthbound.

The two ended the era of peace, and segregation was born. The two societies were separated. The war, which would be known on Senterra as the "Arcadian Birth War", went on for many seasons. To end the conflict, both began development on super weapons, which would destroy the other faction. The Earthbound developed the first nuclear weapon with their alliance with science and technology, and the Sorcerer's began creating a great beast with their alliance with magic. The name of the beast would be known as Ragnapecus, (a combination of the words "Ragnarok", and "Pecus", Latin for tamed beast).

The Earthbound launched their nuclear weapon, but it was countered with the release of Ragnapecus, which engulfed the nuke. However, the nuclear radiation spoiled the beast's radiant shell, turning it into a monstrous demon, known as Ragnafera (Combination of "Ragnarok" and "Fera", Latin for wild beast). Ragnafera began an uncontrollable rampage, destroying both the forces of the Sorcerer's and the Earthbound. Desperate to stop Ragnafera, the two came together once more, and decided to separate Senterra into two heavenly bodies instead of one, splitting up Ragnafera's being with them. The essence of Ragnapecus would reside with the Sorcerer's, on their world, Pecusterra, and the Earthbound would adopt the destructive Ragnafera, but a concealed form, which would only be released if the wickedness of man reached it's own. The Earthbound would reside on a body known as Feraterra, but eventually, as the knowledge of their origin on Senterra was lost to the ages, a new name was adopted. Earth.

The Senterrians thrived as a people, and were easily capable of reconstructing their civilizations on a new planet with the use of magic. However, the Feraterrians began civilization over anew as well, but took longer to rebuild their civilizations. However, as the prophecy of Ragnafera had been written, the sin and wickedness on Feraterra eventually began to grow, and it seemed that every time civilization began to prosper, war would only destroy it again, forcing man to begin all over again.

Eventually, the two worlds distanced more and more from one another, until Feraterra, at this point, Earth, completely forgot its origins and the relationship with Pecusterra. It stayed that way for millenniums… but unbeknown to the Earthlings of contemporary days, soon, Ragnafera would be awakened from his slumber on earth, and not even Pecusterra would be safe from its wrath.
Hmm, on the face of it it seems all right - you have the intro set out pretty much it seems - seems to be more an alternate universe as well what with the different planets, etc. Am curious to how it gets awoken and how it is stopped/attempted to be stopped if that is the case. Am also a little bit iffy about how a nuclear weapon turned the summoned beast into a wild one - maybe focus more on magic affecting it or explain how magitechnology makes it 'different'? I can't say I'm an expert on nuclear weapons but I wouldn't imagine the regular kind can do that sort of thing. =p Make sure that much is clear, I suggest.

I like the use of latin naming as well, although this suggests that the anicent cilivisations were Romans or the sort, so is this a name they came up with, or what people on 'earth' later on end up calling it? I guess this also calls into question when does the stuff following the intro occur - present, or future, or just a different Earth completely?

Also 'Earthbound' makes me think of a game 9Mother series, etc). =p

I've got another one.Rise of the Earthbound

Setting and Background

Rise of the Earthbound takes place in an alternate reality of Earth, where back in the time before advanced technology magic and sorcery actually existed and thrived, but with the progression of industry and mechanics, the art of magic was slowly lost and forgotten by all but a few remnants, known as "The Remnants", respectably. [/FONT]

In the year 2084 the all of civilization was destroyed at the hands of nuclear holocaust caused by the quake of World War III, which would forever be remembered as "The Great War". Survivors of The Great War scattered throughout the remains of the Earth, and began tribes and packs, and slowly began rebuilding civilization through their own separate means; however, there were two general ways of living. There were those who tried to revive the power of technology and machines, and there were those who tried to revive the far more ancient traditions of utilizing the lost art of magic, which they found possible through the teachings of Remnants, and the discovery of lost remains of magical society, revealed by the removal of such things as certain cities and foundations that took the place of where nature once flourished.

Those who used magic to run their culture were now also called Remnants, and those who tried to use machinery and other related means were referred to as "Machinas". In order to further emulate the former world before the Great War, the tribes of the Machinas began to converge to form cities and nations. Though things began small, over the course of many decades, centuries even, they began to prove successful. The many cities took the form of steampunk, and eventually they formed a government too. And the government was led by a president, who led the nations through democracy.

The Remnants took a different approach. Their societies remained separated in different tribes and small camps, but they remained connected with one another, and were free to interact with one another through forms of trade and more. They were governed by the "Seven Sages", elders who were all either original Remnants, or descendants of them. The Seven Sages didn't truly bare any control, but they were revered and respected for their immense knowledge and wisdom.

Peace, more or less, was maintained for hundreds of years, until the year 567 AGW (which stood for After Great War), when a new president was appointed to lead the Machinas, a man named Alexei Balk, took office. This changed things drastically. Eventually, Balk became more of a dictator than president, and waged war against the Remnants after convincing his people that they were to blame for the collapse of the world and triggering the Great War. Though the Remnants were reluctant to fight back, they eventually had no choice, and a battle that would be remembered as the "Balk War" began. It lasted eight months before the Seven Sages came up with a resolution. Using their magic, the Remnants decided to end the war by raising the continents of their land into the sky, making the homes of the Remnants inaccessible to the Remnants. From then on, the Machinas would be known as the "Earthbound", and connection between the Remnants and Earthbound ceased from then on.
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
Hmm, post-apocalyptic, I see. Interesting as well, although for instance things to consider is why Balk wanted to invade/wage war with the other country - especially given the GW and what it resulted in - what is his motivation? Want of power, or does he believe his own tales that he told his people? And also is that how the story ends, or is there more to come after that (say those Earthbound people start making flying machines?)

InuYasha, Naraku Reborn: Based on the anime. This time things are going to be different. After realizing it was the jewel that was the villian, and it had been controling Naraku all this time, and that his true wish was just to be with Kikyo meaning Naraku was never evil at all Kagome makes a better wish this time. Her wish,"Bring Naraku and Kikyo back to life then disappear forever." Now Naraku gets a second chance at life, to start over a new beginning. And he plans on spending it with the love of his life, Kikyo, who realizes Naraku's feelings and falls head over hills in love, back.
I have no idea on this fandom, so... can't say much especially as this didn't tell me much about who is who, etc. =/ However I'd note that you'd want to check that this is what these characters would be likely to do (research them, etc) - how is this 'different' from the anime - are the charatcers acting differently, or is it a case of 'what if this event happened like this'?

Simplistic, yes, but hey the basis of many stories tends to be basic. =p I guess just spend time expanding on each part - such as why the king wants to destory Farlock with this book (and how say the rebellion find out about this), what the land of Farlock is like, etc. Also I wonder how people also know that there is a spell to destory the book written in it itself - seems a bit odd, so some thinking about that (and not necessarily much I suppose) may be warrented. The seven keys things sounds like a Plot Coupon *insert warning about tvtropes link here* but that ain't a necessarily bad thing, as long as you keep the story from being a simple 'key get - go to next key - get it - etc' and all. Also reminds me about Deltora Quest there somewhat, heh. Now I;m going to go have nostalgia about that.

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
Years
alright here i go XD

I've come up with a fan fic idea that My Friends find very interesting this is it

We meet Callum Birch the nephew of professor birch from hoenn,we learn his father was a professor and was killed in a experiment gone wrong so to escape the painful memories the family moves to jhoto.He is at his house in new bark town after defeating all the gyms in Jhoto we are introduced to his twin sisters who are starting there journey and his mom who is traveling to hoenn to meet with old friends and family we then meet all of the family's Pokemon. i don't want to give much away but his sister and his mamoswine are attacked by a vicious larvatar it is defeated and they return to his house professes elm and his family come to greet the family and Elm gives detail to why the larvatar may have attacked but can not come up with a plausible reason.some diolouge happens and his sisters get a pokedex each, and Callum has his upgraded everyone goes there separate ways after Callum Defeats Lyra Elm in a battle he is on his way to the pokemon league

on the way he stops at a small island something happens thats a big part to the story ;) and he meets Agatha and Toby his new friend.after the exciting events they stay at her house over night and leave for the league in the morning. at the mouth of victory road police inform everyone (about 60 people)there were Pokemon in the caves attacking trainers and that only a few days ago a person was killed ,mass hysteria takes place and many aspiring trainers don't take the risk and only about 30 trainers are left then we meet Callum's old friend Gwen a Girl he recently caught up with in blackthorn the 3 of them travel in the cave together (hooray for the cliche traveling trio)stuff happens in the cave i don't want to give away and there out more spoliers and there all in the tournament with the elite four. Callum is up againtest will and as he is about to defeat wills last pkemon there interupted by what everyone thinks is a small earthquake a few moments later a tyranitar breaks through the wall of stadium and starts killing people.

I dont want to give much away for the rest of this but I'll say this they travel and find Callum's sisters stuff gose down in the ice path and they go back to new bark where
professor birch,oak and elm all have some news a virus has infected Pokemon in all four regions .
this virus is the experiment that went wrong and killed callum's father we learn they were trying to make the "Pokerus" virus stronger but it went wrong and was not contained although minor at first,.the virus has spreed and evolved into something worse of the course of 4 years(we learn more about the virus),professor oaks adds an application to all pokedex everywhere by satellite that tracks the 4 stages(you learn all this) of the virus and the strongest readings seems to come from cerulean cave.some epic stuff happens we learn about whats happened and tie up all loose end through out the story.So they have cut of the head of the virus and try to cure those Pokemon already infected.but can they cure them all?

It should be way better once its all written out :P
It rated "R" for blood and gore a lot of it -.-
its horror/adventure/mystery

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2011
Worlds Beyond

Meh, I figure I've lurked long enough, so I'll just get down to penning a short story. But before I fully explain the details of the plot, lemme lapse into a brief spot of excessively foreboding and needlessly dramatic dust-cover prose:

DADADADUMMM

The story takes place in the Sinnoh region, but not a Sinnoh region any of us would recognize. For starters, the grand cities of the Pokemon universe – Hearthome, Jubilife, Sunyshore – do not exist here. There are instead huge cathedral-like spires that scatter the landscape, intimidating testaments to the power of the all-mighty Team that built them. There are massive stretches of wasteland, veritable seas of dust and roiling sandstorms interspersed with mercifully untouched swaths of sparking green forest. There are the oppressors, staring at the world with steely eyes through their towering glass balconies, and the resistance, fighting a battle to preserve their homeland against an enemy whose ambitions they hardly even understand.

And throughout this land lives not humans, nor Pokemon, but a combination between the two which either, individually, would regard at best as utterly bizarre.

In this Sinnoh lives the Pokemorphs.

There, got that outta my system.

And yeah, there WILL be Pokemorphs in this story. I make no apologies for that. But don't worry - I won't try to explain their existence in this fanfic beyond the simple ditty "they're there because they're there". So no cliched laborotary scenes or weird interspecies... relations. I'll just leave it at that. :P

On to the actual details:

In this story, Team Galactic are the main antagonists. For a while they have known of the presence of dimensions outside the Pokemorph world, and, as is typical for any evil team, are determined to achieve profit from this knowledge. To that end they are constructing a device that will allow linkage to the human and Pokemon worlds.

However, Giratina, one of the legendary trio and a backstage ruler of TG, has a far more sinister hidden motive. He wants to destroy said dimensions using the device, believing that the Pokemorph dimension he singlehandedly created is by far the greatest; his magnum opus. None of the TG execs know about this except for one – a mysterious Infernape, a junior exec yet strangely influential, who appeared under mysterious circumstances and rapidly rose to power.

Dialga and Palkia, realizing the tremendous danger Giratina poses, are desperate to find a way to stop him, as their powers combined are just barely a match for Giratina's. They conclude that introducing a champion to the dimension, thus giving themselves a clear physical presence on the plane, would be the most effective way to take down TG, allowing them to focus their efforts on bringing down Giratina themselves.
(Each member of the legendary trio is able to physically exist in the dimension, but only for a short period of time. Introducing a champion into the plane is the most effective way to exert control while conserving energy.)

It is under these tumultuous circumstances that a young Turtwig finds himself trapped in this strange alternate-reality Sinnoh. He comes originally from our world, the world exclusively inhabited by the human race, and is both amazed and bewildered by his recognition of the Pokemon traits he sees in his rescuers. But how could that be? After all, those only existed in the diminutive metallic box he often found himself buried in…

Oops, lapsed back into dramatic dust-cover mode again at the end there. Sincerest of apologies. :P

Nothing in this post should be considered part of the actual story; it's more like a preview of things to come.

EDIT: Also, thanks so much to the mods for helping me move this to the appropriate section of the forum. I really should read the rules properly next time... :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2011
alright here i go XD

I've come up with a fan fic idea that My Friends find very interesting this is it

We meet Callum Birch the nephew of professor birch from hoenn,we learn his father was a professor and was killed in a experiment gone wrong so to escape the painful memories the family moves to jhoto.He is at his house in new bark town after defeating all the gyms in Jhoto we are introduced to his twin sisters who are starting there journey and his mom who is traveling to hoenn to meet with old friends and family we then meet all of the family's Pokemon. i don't want to give much away but his sister and his mamoswine are attacked by a vicious larvatar it is defeated and they return to his house professes elm and his family come to greet the family and Elm gives detail to why the larvatar may have attacked but can not come up with a plausible reason.some diolouge happens and his sisters get a pokedex each, and Callum has his upgraded everyone goes there separate ways after Callum Defeats Lyra Elm in a battle he is on his way to the pokemon league

on the way he stops at a small island something happens thats a big part to the story ;) and he meets Agatha and Toby his new friend.after the exciting events they stay at her house over night and leave for the league in the morning. at the mouth of victory road police inform everyone (about 60 people)there were Pokemon in the caves attacking trainers and that only a few days ago a person was killed ,mass hysteria takes place and many aspiring trainers don't take the risk and only about 30 trainers are left then we meet Callum's old friend Gwen a Girl he recently caught up with in blackthorn the 3 of them travel in the cave together (hooray for the cliche traveling trio)stuff happens in the cave i don't want to give away and there out more spoliers and there all in the tournament with the elite four. Callum is up againtest will and as he is about to defeat wills last pkemon there interupted by what everyone thinks is a small earthquake a few moments later a tyranitar breaks through the wall of stadium and starts killing people.

I dont want to give much away for the rest of this but I'll say this they travel and find Callum's sisters stuff gose down in the ice path and they go back to new bark where
professor birch,oak and elm all have some news a virus has infected Pokemon in all four regions .
this virus is the experiment that went wrong and killed callum's father we learn they were trying to make the "Pokerus" virus stronger but it went wrong and was not contained although minor at first,.the virus has spreed and evolved into something worse of the course of 4 years(we learn more about the virus),professor oaks adds an application to all pokedex everywhere by satellite that tracks the 4 stages(you learn all this) of the virus and the strongest readings seems to come from cerulean cave.some epic stuff happens we learn about whats happened and tie up all loose end through out the story.So they have cut of the head of the virus and try to cure those Pokemon already infected.but can they cure them all?

It should be way better once its all written out :P
It rated "R" for blood and gore a lot of it -.-
its horror/adventure/mystery

To be very frank with you, this story sounds pretty much like any typical Journeyfic with some blood and gore thrown in for no real reason other than to make it seem edgier and more mature. You stated yourself in the description that you'll be sticking largely to formula ("hooray for chilche travelling stuff"), but try to avoid that as much as possible; it really turns readers off your story when they know how everything's gonna turn out.

However, that's all I can glean from this brief description. I'm sure, as you are, that the story would look much better written out fully. Your idea of a virus driving Pokemon isn't necessarily unique, but written well it could make for an interesting plot. I would suggest you streamline the overall plot a bit by removing focus from the generic Journeyfic elements and focusing instead on the horror elements of the story, as they would probably strike people as more unique, if nothing else.

And also, one last note: make sure you use proper spelling and grammar in your story. Just spending a few seconds on Spellcheck will make your story look that much more professional.

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
Years
To be very frank with you, this story sounds pretty much like any typical Journeyfic with some blood and gore thrown in for no real reason other than to make it seem edgier and more mature. You stated yourself in the description that you'll be sticking largely to formula ("hooray for chilche travelling stuff"), but try to avoid that as much as possible; it really turns readers off your story when they know how everything's gonna turn out.

However, that's all I can glean from this brief description. I'm sure, as you are, that the story would look much better written out fully. Your idea of a virus driving Pokemon isn't necessarily unique, but written well it could make for an interesting plot. I would suggest you streamline the overall plot a bit by removing focus from the generic Journeyfic elements and focusing instead on the horror elements of the story, as they would probably strike people as more unique, if nothing else.

And also, one last note: make sure you use proper spelling and grammar in your story. Just spending a few seconds on Spellcheck will make your story look that much more professional.

Yeah I'm not so great with descriptions,Which is why the virus driving Pokemon dose sound overused but they way I've thought it out it quite detailed,as for the cliche journey thing its only the 3 friends traveling.For
spelling and grammar I'll definitely make sure to do that in the future.
Thank you :)

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
The little plot Buneary I've had nagging me has evolved into a fully fledged plot Lopunny that had taking to dancing around my head occasionally with characters following along behind. So I've come here to get feedback on the idea.

---​

So the idea is, an alternate universe Pokemon fiction. It's set in a world that is similar our own, except with more advanced technologies that cater to the pokemon and their trainers. Pokemon do replace animals within this world and therefore, most societies choose to find alternate food sources.

In this world, battling is a major televised sport. Trainers partake in official tournaments and battles to receive points and after a certain number of points, the trainer will increase in rank. Due to events of pokemon terrorism in recent years, the government has encouraged the growth of official tournaments, having matches on television almost daily. This, in turn, has created a wealth of young trainers aspiring to reach the coveted Pro rank of the battling tiers.

We're introduced to a young couple, Ethan is a singer in a small-time band and the other, Leon, is an aspiring trainer of the fifth rank. Whilst Ethan watches, Leon battles in the "Psionics Tournament" which will allow him to receive enough points to go up in rank. Leon is declared the winner after a harsh battle for first place. After the tournament, Ethan rushes to congratulate his boyfriend, only to be told by a security guard that he is in talks with the tournament's organiser.

Three days later, and there's no sign of Leon anywhere. After reporting it to the police, Ethan is told Leon left the country, just yesterday, on a commercial flight. Originally bewildered, Ethan is convinced something must be up. Determined, he sets out to find his boyfriend.

---​

Basically, I need someone to poke holes in this idea so I can address any issues before I really flesh it out.

Edit: Woo, 200th post.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Pokemon, Shocking Love: This is my fanfic about my two Pichu OCs on my art board. Two Pichus, one abandoned by it's trainer, the other had it's family killed by Pokemon Hunters. What will happen with a shiny female Pichu who had it's family killed by Pokemon Hunters, meets a male Pichu who was abandoned by it's trainer for being weak? For now this is a one shot, unless I come up with some huge ideas.

So for this I need help coming up with a good plot idea.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Pokemon, Shocking Love: This is my fanfic about my two Pichu OCs on my art board. Two Pichus, one abandoned by it's trainer, the other had it's family killed by Pokemon Hunters. What will happen with a shiny female Pichu who had it's family killed by Pokemon Hunters, meets a male Pichu who was abandoned by it's trainer for being weak? For now this is a one shot, unless I come up with some huge ideas.

So for this I need help coming up with a good plot idea.

Well you'll need far more than you gave. Why did the trainer abandon their Pichu? Obviously it's going to be weak, being the first stage of a three-stage Pokemon, and if the trainer has any common sense they'll know this.

And what do you mean by 'Pokemon Hunters'? Are these poachers who take Pokemon from the wild and sell them to the highest bidder? If so, why would they kill two perfectly good Pokemon? Or are they actual hunters, who kill Pokemon for sustenance?

Why does the fact that the second Pichu is shiny have any significance in the story? And where is the plot? Having the relationship between the characters take center stage makes for a weak piece of fiction, you'll need to find some way to inject some conflict.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I'm a big fan of fantasy and magic, but I can't write them to save my life. >.< The major problem is that it's hard for me to plot my stories out. I have a couple of ideas, but I really don't know what to do with them. I hardly have enough to write a story, but it seems like I'm just too lazy to take the time to plot the whole thing out. I mean, most of my 'idea's are actually just concepts, and I actually have no idea what the main plot or characters are. I don't expect to get a substantial plot out of this, but I'd appreciate it if somebody just gave me a few pointers or recommendations.

Idea #1: The Book of Spells contains spells and incantations. There are 100 pages, and ten spells per page. The Book of Summons contains the list of supernatural creatures you have signed contracts with. You can sign up to 500 contracts. Then there's a third book, a book used to store magical items and such, though I haven't come up with a name for it yet. Each mage starting out will get one spell, one contract and one item. The first space on the first page of every Book is framed with fancy gold curves. That's where they go. The first spell is nearly always unique to the user. The first contract you sign is different than others, because it's a blood contract, so the beast is bound to you for life. Every time you master a spell, it becomes engraved in your Book of Spells. The Books are written in an ancient rune language (haven't found a name yet). Each mage has their own Frequency (not sure about this name either) of Resonance. Resonance is when you pulse your magic through something, and Frequency is like fingerprints of your magic, unique to a single person. The person's Frequency is inscribed in runes on the cover of the Books. Only the user's Frequency can unlock the Books. The Books are white and colourless when you receive them. When you unlock them for the first time, it takes a huge burst of magic. If you manage to unlock them, they'll get their own colour, depending on the branch and type of your magic. It is the goal of each mage to complete their Books. Everybody has their Books, as they are part of one's soul, but not everyone can unlock them. That means only those with a powerful and pure Resonance can become mages. That's pretty much all I have right now.

Ugh, I have to sleep now, I'll post the rest of my ideas tomorrow morning...

Back