• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What was your team?

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
I remember some 'mons I've used in Gold... Let's do a team with what a remember, still the below roster may not have existed as it is.

- Slowbro
- Gengar
- Machamp
- Feraligatr
- Togetic
- Granbull

Edit : I played again my Red Pokemon game on my GBC.
I found those fellows and used them for E4 again, was good :

Spoiler:

The fun thing with this said team is that I used to made some trades between my Silver and Blue versions so this is not the team I trained during the game, but a stack made of traded Pokemon. The actual team was dispersed between the different games, then my Silver save crashed and I sold Blue.

Last edited:

sonic65101

Johto Champion
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 12, 2023
My team in Pokemon Crystal Version is shown on the Trainer Card in my signature. However, my internal save battery died and my dad made me throw away the cartridge. It's only now that I realize my team had an overwhelmingly weakness to Electric-Types.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
My team in Pokemon Crystal Version is shown on the Trainer Card in my signature. However, my internal save battery died and my dad made me throw away the cartridge. It's only now that I realize my team had an overwhelmingly weakness to Electric-Types.

Problem be solved with Earthquake on Typhlosion, right?

Internal battery issues... I know that feel.

However, it's funny how you like Flying Pokemon ^.^

sonic65101

Johto Champion
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 12, 2023
Problem be solved with Earthquake on Typhlosion, right?

Internal battery issues... I know that feel.

However, it's funny how you like Flying Pokemon ^.^
Actually, it's not really that I like Flying-Type Pokemon but that's just how my team worked out. Happy the Togetic was on my team because my favorite move is Metronome (and he knew Flash), Paul the Xatu (in-game trade) was on my team because I kinda like Future Sight (Blast from the past!) and Hermes the Pidgeot was on my team because he knew Fly. My favorite type is actually Fire, although I try not to have favorites.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
My team in Yellow was Dewgong, Alakazam, Zapdos and Snorlax (I traded Seel and Kadabra from Crystal)
My team in Crystal was Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Jynx (Indigo Plateau), I was training an Umbreon for the Kanto leg, unfortunately my game was erased before I could battle the champion.

That will teach me to wait 14 years to finish a game.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Jun 2, 2018
In Blue it was something like:
Charizard w/ Swords Dance, Fire Blast, Earthquake, and Hyper Beam
Lapras w/ Ice Beam, Body Slam, Hydro Pump, Substitute
Dragonite
Alakazam
Mew (totally legit!)
Chansey w/ Counter, Toxic, Softboiled, and something else

Occasionally the Alakazam would get switched out for a Hitmonlee. It just looks nifty ;*)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Gen 1: Pidgeot, Snorlax, Dragonite, Blastoise, Butterfree, and Gengar

Gen 2: Espeon, Houndoom, Poliwrath, Jumpluff, Ampharos, Tyrannitar

Donnie Pataki

Generation X Trainer
Years
Silver: Typhlosion, Gyarados, Pigeot, Ampharos, Lugia.

I think I may have traded a Charizard from my Red save too.

Detox

I didn't really follow a theme or anything when I built my teams for any of these games. I just picked things that I thought were strong enough to help me win battles. I also didn't use anything with an ugly back sprite, no matter how good it might have been.

The only two Pokemon I remember from my gen 1 playthrough are Dugtrio and Nidoking. Nidoking pretty much solo'd the game by himself, and I'm sure that Dugtrio only made a cameo to spam Earthquake and fish for critical hits via Slash.

I remember my Crystal team like the back of my hand. I had Feraligatr, Pidgeot, Jynx, Arcanine, Tauros, and Dragonite. Needless to say that I had very few problems destroying everything with this squad.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 25, 2015
God I replayed the hell out of both and don't have them to hand, but I think I can remember blue's:

Blastoise, Raichu, Pidgeot, Dugtrio, Ninetails, Victreebel
although I had a serious habit of restarting the game and playing different teams/starters... Still would if I didn't want to lose all the pokemon I've got from events.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2022
I certainly couldn't remember my first ever team in each game, but some Poke have become personal favorites so much that catching and using them long-term have almost become a ritual.

Yellow: Pikachu/Jolteon, Primeape, Dugtrio, Charizard, Blastoise, interchangeable last spot

(I also owned Red but I played it much less than Yellow because godawful sprites)

Gold: Meganium, Raticate, Fearow, Kingler (maybe my favorite in-game Poke ever), Arcanine, Espeon/Ampharos/Raikou

Crystal is more or less the same as above, but I also liked to use Cubone since it's available much earlier.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
Red: Charizard, Raichu, Dewgong, Victreebel, Slowbro, Fearow.

Gold: Typhlosion, Ampharos, Scizor, Noctowl, Lapras, Sunflora.

Years
My teams dont change much between generation 1 and 2. But sometimes variations.

Golem, Blastoise, Machamp, Nidoking, Rhydon, and Poliwrath

The team usually has people who look like they can smash some face, ya know? :D

icycatelf

Alex
Years
It's been so long that I can't even remember what Pokémon I used during my first play-through (other than my starter), but let's see if I can guess...

Red:
Charizard
Butterfree
Lapras
Moltres
Hitmonchan
MissingNo.

Silver:
Meganium
Lugia
Togetic
Sudowoodo
Umbreon
Furret

Here's my current Silver Version team, though:

Lapras
Persian
Scyther
Porygon2
Mew (from Red's Mew Glitch)
Magcargo

(All made Shiny via Arbitrary Coin Case Glitch)

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
RED

250px-006Charizard.png
250px-131Lapras.png
250px-128Tauros.png

250px-026Raichu.png
250px-018Pidgeot.png
250px-123Scyther.png

GOLD

250px-157Typhlosion.png
250px-131Lapras.png
250px-181Ampharos.png

250px-196Espeon.png
250px-018Pidgeot.png
250px-214Heracross.png

Last edited:
Years
I don't remember my first ever playthroughs!
My most recent play through Blue:

Blastoise, Hypno, Eggecutor, Raichu, Sandslah, Moltres

And my current party on Crystal is:

Typhlosion, Espeon, Slowbro, Vileplume, Donphan, Ampharos

Years
Don't remember what I used in Red other than my Blastoise, which I'm pretty sure carried me through most of the game on its own anyway.

Yellow was Pikachu, Pidgeot, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, and...whatever else I felt like using at the time.

I pretty much used the exact same teams over and over in Gold and Silver, which was Meganium, Pidgeot/Noctowl (depending on whatever I felt like catching at the start of the game), Graveler (wasn't able to trade so I couldn't evolve it), Lapras, and whatever else I felt like using.

All I had in my short lived Crystal playthrough before its battery died were Totodile, Teddiursa, and Phanpy.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 18, 2023
I don't remember my first team on pokemon blue, but im starting a new game and this is my team:

Pokemon Blue:

Pikachu lv: 11
Thundershock
Growl
Thunder Wave

Charmeleon lv: 18
Scratch
Growl
Ember
Leer

Pidgey lv. 9
Whirlwind
Sand-Atack

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2020
My team in red was something like: Charizard, Pidgeot, Kadabra, Gyarados, one of the eevee evolution( i forgot which one and also the last slot , it was probably any legendary i got.)
In GSC it something like : Typlosion, Noctowl, Red Gyarados, Kadabra. And i seem to forgot.

Back