• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Rate My Team!

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Hi, sorry, I was just wondering if anyone could help rate my team. I'm about to go up against The E4, and I was wondering if this team was good enough to take them on:

(For the Record, this isn't a competitive team)

Infernape - Lv. 56

-Mach Punch (Yes, I do plan on changing this)
-Calm Mind
-Flame Wheel
-Close Combat

Staraptor - Lv. 55

-Aerial Ace
-Fly
-Close Combat
-Brave Bird

Floatzel
- Lv. 55 (yes I know it's trash)

-Crunch
-Aqua Jet (Plan on replacing this)
-Ice Beam
-Surf

Luxray - Lv. 55

-Crunch
-Charge
-Leer (Replacing soon)
-Discharge

Blissey
- Lv. 55 (Has HP and Defense EV's)

-Grass Knot (Plan on replacing with Flamethrower)
-Softboiled
-Aromatherapy
-Toxic

Garchomp
- Lv. 55

-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Slash
-Swords Dance

Just wondering if anyone could rate this for me. I know some parts of my team are underpowered or imbalanced. It'll suffice though. Thank you for any advice you can give! :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just looking over it and the movesets only because it's late: Infernape doesn't need Calm Mind, it doesn't have any special moves whatsoever. Even so, it's kind of frail, so Swords Dance is much better on it. Keep Mach Punch though, it can help against faster Pokemon you face! Alsooo, Stone Edge would also fit nicely on there too, to help hit birds. Flame Wheel isn't that great but if you wanna keep it that's okay.

On Luxray charge isn't really necessary, you're better off full-on attacking the E4, so use something like Ice Fang or Superpower there.

Staraptor has too many flying attacks. Due to its typing, you could add in Return or Quick Attack > Aerial Ace to give it another attacking option.

On Floatzel, you could give it Ice Punch > Ice Beam and Waterfall > Surf, given it has higher physical attack and is therefore stronger but it's up to you. Aqua Jet is good because of the priority though if you want all out power, then ya you could alternatively add Return there.

Uhh that's about all at a glance! Good luck with taking on the E4. :)

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Just looking over it and the movesets only because it's late: Infernape doesn't need Calm Mind, it doesn't have any special moves whatsoever. Even so, it's kind of frail, so Swords Dance is much better on it. Keep Mach Punch though, it can help against faster Pokemon you face! Alsooo, Stone Edge would also fit nicely on there too, to help hit birds. Flame Wheel isn't that great but if you wanna keep it that's okay.

On Luxray charge isn't really necessary, you're better off full-on attacking the E4, so use something like Ice Fang or Superpower there.

Staraptor has too many flying attacks. Due to its typing, you could add in Return or Quick Attack > Aerial Ace to give it another attacking option.

On Floatzel, you could give it Ice Punch > Ice Beam and Waterfall > Surf, given it has higher physical attack and is therefore stronger but it's up to you. Aqua Jet is good because of the priority though if you want all out power, then ya you could alternatively add Return there.

Uhh that's about all at a glance! Good luck with taking on the E4. :)

Thanks for the help! I was actually planning on teaching Infernape Swords Dance in place of Calm mind, and have 'Flamethrower, Flare Blitz, Swords Dance, Close Combat'. That way I could have a special move (since my Infernape has a decent Spec. Attack) as my primary, and Swords Dance to back up my other 2 physical moves.

But your movesets are pretty good too! I don't have any chance of getting that moveset for Infernape so early on, so I'll just have to make due. Thanks a lot once again ;)

Back