• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
I'm afraid I'm hopeless with pallettes, you should've seen how I mutilated NiKa's Gardevoir OW the first time I inserted it :\
Anyway, I have two more questions to throw out there:
1. Just to verify, all I need to do to hide a sprite before the character enters that map in question is set the sprite's Person ID to a flag number, then set that flag before entering the map, right? For example, I've got a sprite on Route 11 with a Person ID of 0201, so if I setflag 0x201 on a different map, will he be hidden when I go to Route 11?
2. Anyone know the offset for the Vs. Seeker script? I'm going to try to hunt down the vs. seeker move pose value, because logically, it has to be there somewhere. This isn't even that important, just some random thing I'm going to try.

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
For some reason I can't use the bike in any of the new maps I've made. I made sure that their types were set to Village/City/Route/etc, and I've even gone as far as to make the header of one of my towns identical to that of Viridian City (where the bike works), but still no luck. Help would be greatly appreciated.
same problem :(......................................

Burning Citadel

Mocha City Gym Leader
Years
Advance Map (Map Insertion)

Okay, So i know how to create a new map you open any random map and then go 'file' create new map. (something along those lines). Correct me if I'm wrong. Okay So Now I've Gone and made this beautiful map. Now what my problem is, is i want to insert that map into its own header not the header of the one I chose the random map out of. I.E. I Choose the town map from PALLET Town and then i go to 'file' create my new map. Then what happens is it puts it into The PALLET Town Header and changes the name to PALLET Town? Anyone get what I'm getting at anyway I Haven't found anything yet thats being of any help so some help would be great.

Thanks, Burning Citadel

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I'm afraid I'm hopeless with pallettes, you should've seen how I mutilated NiKa's Gardevoir OW the first time I inserted it :\
Anyway, I have two more questions to throw out there:
1. Just to verify, all I need to do to hide a sprite before the character enters that map in question is set the sprite's Person ID to a flag number, then set that flag before entering the map, right? For example, I've got a sprite on Route 11 with a Person ID of 0201, so if I setflag 0x201 on a different map, will he be hidden when I go to Route 11?
2. Anyone know the offset for the Vs. Seeker script? I'm going to try to hunt down the vs. seeker move pose value, because logically, it has to be there somewhere. This isn't even that important, just some random thing I'm going to try.

1. Yup
2. I don't believe that the Vs. Seeker uses a script in the sense that you could reprogram it with something along the lines of XSE. If I had to guess, I would say that ASM would be required. Also, what's the "move pose value"?

Anyone know how to set off that beep when an exclamation point, question mark ect. goes off?

Right before you put the applymovement command, plug in the following command + parameter:

Code:
sound 0x15

The "beep" that plays when the exclamation box appears does not inherently accompany the movement and must be added manually with the above command.

Okay, So i know how to create a new map you open any random map and then go 'file' create new map. (something along those lines). Correct me if I'm wrong. Okay So Now I've Gone and made this beautiful map. Now what my problem is, is i want to insert that map into its own header not the header of the one I chose the random map out of. I.E. I Choose the town map from PALLET Town and then i go to 'file' create my new map. Then what happens is it puts it into The PALLET Town Header and changes the name to PALLET Town? Anyone get what I'm getting at anyway I Haven't found anything yet thats being of any help so some help would be great.

Thanks, Burning Citadel

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this but are you asking if it's possible to make a new map and then insert it under, say, Viridian City?

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
@Colcolstyles: Thanks. By move pose value, I meant the value required to initiate frame 9 of the standard OW sprite, namely, the vs. seeker pose, but what you said is basically what I was expecting :\

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2011
I switched blue/gary's ow with red in firedred using the overworld editor.
I also switched made sure his palette was switched from 05 or 06 or w/e it was to 00 so retain his color without affecting any other trainer using that palette.

Now, when I see red in prof. oaks lab, his sprite is that of red's and the purple border he and leaf have are gone, but his edges are some weird purple color. Where did I go wrong?

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I haven't seen anything about this, but does anyone know how to manipulate the shinyness? I would like to make wild encounters have a 1:400 or so chance of being shiny, rather than the 1:8,000 or whatever the exact number is. Is this possible to do?

Ps:hi

mr.MEGA HACK
Years

I haven't seen anything about this, but does anyone know how to manipulate the shinyness? I would like to make wild encounters have a 1:400 or so chance of being shiny, rather than the 1:8,000 or whatever the exact number is. Is this possible to do?

The only way that I know is

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
but that is just simply changing the sprites of pokemon. I'm wondering how to actually change the frequency of them appearing in the wild.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
but that is just simply changing the sprites of pokemon. I'm wondering how to actually change the frequency of them appearing in the wild.

It may require some ASM knowledge. So... Basically, to any "hacker" that is new, it isn't possible, but if you ask ASM hackers, they say use ASM. As well as others.

Basically. ASM knowledge is needed.

Maco

learning the ropes...
Years
Sorry for a long post below, I wanted to explain what I did clearly.

I've been trying to replace a Pokemon sprite in Fire Red with a revamped version of the Yellow Version Charmander I made. I coloured and indexed the file in photoshop, the revamped sprite is 64x64 pixels and uses the same transparent colour as the original (a light-brown colour).

When I import using Hackmew's unLZ, I tick all three boxes, and allocate the new sprite to an empty space suggested by Free Space Finder.

The intended new sprite and the result in-game:
Spoiler:

I've read many guides for this, and I've searched all over google and this thread for three days with no luck. :( Thanks in advance for the help.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

The actual chances are 1/8192. Manipulating the shininess is not a good idea, anyway. You would have to ASM hack a lot of routines, and traded shinies would not be shiny any more. The closest thing you can get is through the Shinyzer and some level scripts: with a bit of randomness, you could increase the chances of finding a shiny.

The only way that I know is

Spoiler:

Changing all the sprites is not that smart... it would have been definitely better to just replace the palette pointers, eventually. But anyway, doing that would result in all Pokémon looking shiny, even if they aren't.

Sorry for a long post below, I wanted to explain what I did clearly.

I've been trying to replace a Pokemon sprite in Fire Red with a revamped version of the Yellow Version Charmander I made. I coloured and indexed the file in photoshop, the revamped sprite is 64x64 pixels and uses the same transparent colour as the original (a light-brown colour).

When I import using Hackmew's unLZ, I tick all three boxes, and allocate the new sprite to an empty space suggested by Free Space Finder.

The intended new sprite and the result in-game:
Spoiler:

I've read many guides for this, and I've searched all over google and this thread for three days with no luck. :( Thanks in advance for the help.

What offsets did you use?

Maco

learning the ropes...
Years
0800000 (sprite) and 0800010 (palette). These were the first values to pop up in Free Space Finder.
A tutorial told me to separate the 2, and have the palette coming after.

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Hi, do you know how can I change Lucas' name if I chosen Dawn as character in Pokemon Platinum? I want him to be named Diamond. Doable?
EDIT: ^$#^#!&^^!!!!!!! damn... what a fail

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Ok, changing shinyness probability doesn't sound like the best thing to do, now. However, forgive my noobness..., I keep seeing this ASM thing coming up. I've tried to figure out what it is, but I don't know what it stands for. Could someone please tell me:
1. What is ASM?
2. What does it do?
3. Where can I learn how to do it?

thanks

Sorry, for the double post, but I just remembered that ASM stands for assembly language! haha anyways, I still would like to know how to learn to ASM hack the game.

Last edited:

Ps:hi

mr.MEGA HACK
Years
I have this weird problem...

Whenever I do at least 3 hacks, and I test it out, The games sound gets all glitch y,
Then most of the time the game freezes.

Help?

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
0800000 (sprite) and 0800010 (palette). These were the first values to pop up in Free Space Finder.
A tutorial told me to separate the 2, and have the palette coming after.

Well... The difference between the two offsets is too small. The sprite is inserted at 0x800000, while the palette is inserted just 16 bytes after, which is definitely not enough. Not to say you don't need to change the palette offset at all because you can just overwrite it. Reinsert it again, this time using the old palette offset and if you did it correctly, everything should be fine.

Sorry, for the double post, but I just remembered that ASM stands for assembly language! haha anyways, I still would like to know how to learn to ASM hack the game.

You might want to use the search function; I've got some tutorials in my Knowledge thread. The link is my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back