• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
For clarification, does Expert mode ban use of trades for evolutions, or solely for items?

Username: Finalinsanity
Game: White 2
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: Team of 5 or 6, no two of the same type (unless different secondary-types), with the exception of Castform, who I would allow to go alongside another Normal type because of its weather-type-changey gimmick.
Mode: Expert

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
For clarification, does Expert mode ban use of trades for evolutions, or solely for items?

Username: Finalinsanity
Game: White 2
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: Team of 5 or 6, no two of the same type (unless different secondary-types), with the exception of Castform, who I would allow to go alongside another Normal type because of its weather-type-changey gimmick.
You can trade to make a Pokemon evolve, you just can't trade to obtain items.

Darmanitan
Pinsir
Vaporeon
Claydol
Zangoose
Seviper

Have fun!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
The team you've given me looks great! The only issue I have with it is that I (normally) wouldn't be able to get even 1 team member until two badges in. For that reason, would it be alright for me to hack in 1 or 2 starting team members? (I'm thinking Eevee and Darumaka, since those are the earliest ones I'd get otherwise. I'll add "At least one available before badge #2" as a parameter in the future)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Well you can actually hack the entire team in at the beginning. The rules say you can use any means to obtain your team for this challenge. If you only want to hack in a couple and catch the rest, cool! If you wan them all right away, awesome! Do what you want.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
torterra
roserade
weacile
garchomp
crobat
beautifly
dustox
bibarrel
bronzong
azzumarill

won't be doing it soon but I want to know what my pokemon are since I willl be using crobat/beautifly/azzumarill later today

Last edited:

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
Username: Harmonious Fusion
Game: White
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: I really, really want to use Porygon-Z. Please let me use it no matter what.
Mode: Normal

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: I really, really want to use Porygon-Z. Please let me use it no matter what.
You need to give Natnew a team. Then I'll give you one, deal?

Harmonious Fusion

Years
torterra
roserade
weacile
garchomp
crobat
beautifly
dustox
bibarrel
bronzong
azzumarill

won't be doing it soon but I want to know what my pokemon are since I willl be using crobat/beautifly/azzumarill later today
Weavile
Crobat
Azumarill
Torterra
Garchomp
Bronzong

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Porygon-Z
Gallade
Tyranitar
Gengar
Sigilyph
Vanilluxe

I think you'll have a lot of fun with this team!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 26, 2018
Hi - this seems fun. I'd like to do this on R/B/Y on Expert

All I ask is I get one poke that can learn surf and one that can learn strength (separate preferrably)
Also maximum of 1 type repeat (ie team can half two waters or two fightings or something but only 1 type can repeat and only once)
Also, I'm not really experienced with hacking pokemon so I'd like the whole team to be obtainable in game (like all in red all in blue or all in yellow, IDC which game)

My teams always consisted of a starter, a Machamp and some combo of Zapdos, Arcanine or Gyarados or Ebuzz, Aerodactyl, Gengar, Pidgeot, Raichu, Vaporeon, Rapidash, Exeggutor, or Omastar. And I've used others in monotype and nuzlocke runs

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Harmonious Fusion

Years
Hi - this seems fun. I'd like to do this on R/B/Y on Expert

All I ask is I get one poke that can learn surf and one that can learn strength (separate preferrably)
Also maximum of 1 type repeat (ie team can half two waters or two fightings or something but only 1 type can repeat and only once)
Also, I'm not really experienced with hacking pokemon so I'd like the whole team to be obtainable in game (like all in red all in blue or all in yellow, IDC which game)

My teams always consisted of a starter, a Machamp and some combo of Zapdos, Arcanine or Gyarados or Ebuzz, Aerodactyl, Gengar, Pidgeot, Raichu, Vaporeon, Rapidash, Exeggutor, or Omastar. And I've used others in monotype and nuzlocke runs

Spoiler:
Poliwrath
Victreebel
Magneton
Hitmonlee
Ninetales
Butterfree

I've used Magneton, Hitmonlee, Victreebel, and Poliwrath in various Gen I and II playthroughs, and I've had a lot of fun with all of them. Bellsprout and Vulpix are Blue exclusives, and the rest aren't exclusive to any version.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Poliwrath
Victreebel
Magneton
Hitmonlee
Ninetales
Butterfree

I've used Magneton, Hitmonlee, Victreebel, and Poliwrath in various Gen I and II playthroughs, and I've had a lot of fun with all of them. Bellsprout and Vulpix are Blue exclusives, and the rest aren't exclusive to any version.
Your team is on the previous page btw, just in case you missed it. Sometimes it's easy to miss things when the page changes.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Wow, this challenge. You know, I forgot about this challenge for a while. Since my list has changed, I guess I'll have to start over.

Username: Samurott01
Game: Black 2
Pokemon that got away (WARNING! Don't look in there. It's DANGEROUSLY long!):
Spoiler:

Parameters: No legendaries, no same types

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Wow, this challenge. You know, I forgot about this challenge for a while. Since my list has changed, I guess I'll have to start over.

Username: Samurott01
Pokemon that got away (WARNING! Don't look in there. It's DANGEROUSLY long!):
Spoiler:

Parameters: No legendaries, no same types
Leafeon, Druddigon, Starmie, Escavalier, Drifblim, Lopunny

Have fun!

Oooeh

Oogaly Boogaly
Years
I might give this a shot!

Name: Oooeh
Parameters: No legends, no more than two of the same type
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
Alright, here's your team:
Exploud
Omastar
Glaceon
Roserade
Blaziken
Honchkrow

Good luck!

I might do this challenge, but I'm really busy lately. Maybe some other time

Last edited:

Oooeh

Oogaly Boogaly
Years
Alright, here's your team:
Exploud
Omastar
Glaceon
Roserade
Blaziken
Honchkrow

Good luck!

Exploud, cool!
Omastar, nice!
Glaceon, yes!
Roserade, not bad!
Blaziken, GG everyone.
Honchkrow, yay!

I'll most likely start tomorrow

Edit:

Update 1:

-Beat Cheren, Roxie and Burgh

-Torchic, Eevee and Whismur evolved

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dereck_S

Veteran
Years
Name: Dereck
Game: Leafgreen
Parameters: only one of each type combination, team of 3, at least one obtainable before lavender town
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Back