• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
This might be a really stupid question, but for a hack to be considered "good" do you NEED custom tiles?... and do they really make the hack that much better?

I wouldn't say that it's "necessary" but if you take a look at some of the more popular hacks on the forums, all of them contain tile edits in one form or another. It may not be as drastic as an entire overhaul of the primary tileset but very few hacks have no tile changes whatsoever.

Yeah i figured it out by myself(kinda)
But thanks anyway. So does anybody know where the images of the pc box are in unlz.gba?

Once again, you're going to have to be more specific if you want to get answers in this thread. What game is this for and what "images" are you referring to? There are quite a few in the PC box system.

One more question:
Is there a way to change the position where the player starts? I've seen it done in one hack, in which the player starts at the bottom left corner [on a remodeled player's room map] and was wondering how to do it.

Start Map Chooser Advance by HackMew is the tool you're looking for.

This has been irritating me all night long. How do I change the professor's text in the beginning and his sprite.. I can't figure it out. Is there a program or something that will let me do it? I'm using an Emerald ROM.

I would recommend any Hex Editor with table file support (WindHex is a good choice). Load a table file and search for a couple words in his speech (remember, it's case-sensitive).

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Error2.png

Reposting because ive been missed out.

I dont know whats causing the row of border tiles to be appearing. the maps are Even dimensions

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Can you (tileset2-wise) use palettes that haven't already been used by the original game in that palette?

For example every tileset has palette7 completely blue, can this palette be used? Or one like Pal12 or 8 or whatever that hasn't been used in that specific tileset but has been used in other ones.

Btw Resultz, what is the program called that removes the truck in the intro of RSE? (as in the screen doesn't shake and it doesn't make the noise etc)

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
i cant remember the name but i saw it in toolbox the other day, ill have another look. EDIT, Nevermind, i thought i did. but i cant find it.
any ideas on my problem?^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020
Can you (tileset2-wise) use palettes that haven't already been used by the original game in that palette?

For example every tileset has palette7 completely blue, can this palette be used? Or one like Pal12 or 8 or whatever that hasn't been used in that specific tileset but has been used in other ones.

Btw Resultz, what is the program called that removes the truck in the intro of RSE? (as in the screen doesn't shake and it doesn't make the noise etc)

truck remover is the name

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
I couldn't find such a tool called truck remover, I searched it but no results... Is it on WAH? coz that's down atm.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Does the world map palette (You know,the one with cities,routes etc.) use something more than it? I would like to change it using APE,but i don't know will it affect other "things" in the game.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Do you have map pictures of them so we can see how they look like at Advance Map?

I dont, but i'll do it now. I wish you could save mapshots as PNG...
EDIT, i found out how to, and here they are.
theyre pretty big.
Spoiler:

if you cant make them out i'll upload them directly rather than off PB

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2010
Hi sorry to keep being a bother but I'm having another problem with unlz, i changed a sprite, worte it to rom then i checked and it didn't do anything, i clicked next then previous on unlz and it just went back to how it was before. Any ideas?

saison

Black Knight of Dusk
Years
When I was going to check out the back sprites of a Pokemon through RSball, it said that anything besides "Pokemon" aren't specified in the ini.

By anything besides Pokemon, I mean the back sprites, trainers, and trainer backs. I'm assuming that my .ini is missing something (wherever it is...)?

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Hi sorry to keep being a bother but I'm having another problem with unlz, i changed a sprite, worte it to rom then i checked and it didn't do anything, i clicked next then previous on unlz and it just went back to how it was before. Any ideas?

Are you sure you gave it a new offset?
did you automatically fix all pointers and export inage and pallette?

if its just the pallette thats messing up, then that happens for me, but it still displays the right thing ingame.

@Psychicboy.. I believe this has been asked before, and iirc, its t do with the behaviour byte. im not sure though

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2010

if its just the pallette thats messing up, then that happens for me, but it still displays the right thing ingame.

@Psychicboy.. I believe this has been asked before, and iirc, its t do with the behaviour byte. im not sure though

Yeah I exported the image and pallete, fixed pointer and gave any images that needed it new offsrts but it just acts like I didn't do anything.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years

That doesnt really help :/ Thanks for trying though.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
I know this question has probably already been asked, but I just couldn't find it.

*gulp* Here goes.

How do you make items and/or Pokemon-giving Person events disappear after you get them?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
In your script, use the command hidesprite.

EDIT: I was wondering. Is it possible to put in another game (Like PKMN Red, or so), fix the pointers, then create a virtual environment to play and exit the game and return to normal play?

He means after the script is over, the sprit4e has to disappear forever, no coming back yes?

You have to also add a setflag before the hidesprite, equal to the ID of the sprite, making it remain hidden from the hidesprite...
Why is it that everyone forgets that part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back