• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Why don't you just take more time and release the next planned beta which could cover more than Silph. The Hacks looks good as well as all the features you added
Silph is quite a long ways away. Ideally I wish this hack would be finished now, but there are so many little details to deal with. I think Silph is a good bench mark, because in Beta 1, you get to battle 7 Gym Leaders (because of how Viridian Gym is now #5, and Blaine is now last).

(also, Beta 1 won't end at Silph, you'll get to battle Sabrina afterwards)

Right now, I am focusing on the DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource. As soon as I complete all sprites for DarkViolet's Kanto Dex, then progress on DarkViolet should start moving faster.

Years
Is Cerulean Gym going to be similar to how it looks in Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver? Does this mean there will be Sailors and Swimmers in it and since Pewter Gym has two trainers like in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, I'm assuming the Cerulean Gym will also have five trainers in it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Since I'm going off to University in September, I'm possibly debating on releasing whatever I have completed up to that point, since I'm not sure how I can do ROM hacking while I'm there. But we'll see.

Is Cerulean Gym going to be similar to how it looks in Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver? Does this mean there will be Sailors and Swimmers in it and since Pewter Gym has two trainers like in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, I'm assuming the Cerulean Gym will also have five trainers in it.
Well actually all Gyms will look like they do in HG/SS lol, just R/S/E-ified

And I made Pewter Gym have two trainers not because there were two trainers in HG/SS, but because I felt like there should be two trainers lol. And yes, Cerulean Gym will have five trainers. Not all Gyms will have the amount of trainers they have in HG/SS. Generally, I put the amount of trainers that were there in R/G/B. The first three gyms have extra trainers added because there were hardly any in the original, lol. Meaning that some Gyms, such as Saffron, will have more Trainers than HG/SS simply because the original games had more too.

Spark

Hello. :3
Years
Wow, this is an interesting hack!
I really like the RSE styled graphics and the sprites!
I'll try this once the download is done! :3

• Spark

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
Definitely will be keeping an eye on this hack, my one suggestion for now though is to change the friendship evolutions into level up evolutions, friendship evolutions are such a pain!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Definitely will be keeping an eye on this hack, my one suggestion for now though is to change the friendship evolutions into level up evolutions, friendship evolutions are such a pain!
I don't really see how they're a pain, cause if you use a Pokemon in your in-game team that evolves by friendship, then its basically the same thing as level-up evolution, but you get an added bonus of maybe even having it evolve early.

Case in point:
When I first played Pokemon Diamond, I decided to raise a Zubat on my team. My Golbat evolved into a Crobat at Lv23. Zubat evolves into Golbat at Lv22, lol.

On my original White 2 team, my Riolu evolved into Lucario at freaking Lv13.

(in otherwords: Friendship evolutions are awesome)

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
I find them to be extremely annoying because you never know when they'll evolve and you can't let them faint or else their friendship will go down but I guess that's not my decision :P

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
I had a golbat in sapphire that went to level 57 before evolving.

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
Years
Hey Great looking hack
it says 210 pokemon

"FEATURES:
*210 Pokémon available"

... but what about the Hoen pokemon? That would mean that the hoen pokemon are unavailable....
but why does rhydon Evolve o.O??
Or does it mean there are 210 new pokemon added(probably Gen IV)

Havent downloaded it yet :P

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
Years
Overall its great... But what I want in a hack is multiplayer and trade...
I reached the first pokemon centre and there wasn't a second flor
Kinda disappointing... I was actually looking forward to trading my FR pokemon to this hack and having a few multiplayer battles with my bros

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Okay..So I basically Had to read this Thread And It was totally worth it..I really Like the graphics and back-sprites And all But I don't like Red's OW sprite.. IT seems too uptight or well Tall-ish sort of like a praying mantis...Sorry for my critic-ness Or whatever But "Blue has left his Facebook open" Is just epic..And New Pokemon's YAY! But i don't really think you should've included Gen 4 pokemon Like Happiny Lickilicky and Electrivire. The graphics are great and the story too.. I'm waiting For this game And Do you like need beta testers?

I'm working on a hack myself "Pokemon Slender" Started a few days ago and to be honest this thread gives me a lot of inspiration

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hey Great looking hack
it says 210 pokemon

"FEATURES:
*210 Pokémon available"

... but what about the Hoen pokemon? That would mean that the hoen pokemon are unavailable....
but why does rhydon Evolve o.O??
Or does it mean there are 210 new pokemon added(probably Gen IV)

Havent downloaded it yet :P
lol dude, this is a game that takes place in Kanto, so the majority of the Hoenn Pokemon will be unavailable. And Rhydon can evolve because there's a Pokemon called Rhyperior that Rhydon can evolve into. And no, there are not 210 Pokemon added, there are 210 Pokemon total in this game. Which I actually don't see any problem with, because originally there were 190 Pokemon planned in the first Pokemon games, which Shigeki Morimoto confirmed himself, but they cut it down because of space reasons (the japanese GB Pokemon games had to be kept under 512kb).

Okay..So I basically Had to read this Thread And It was totally worth it..I really Like the graphics and back-sprites And all But I don't like Red's OW sprite.. IT seems too uptight or well Tall-ish sort of like a praying mantis...Sorry for my critic-ness Or whatever But "Blue has left his Facebook open" Is just epic..And New Pokemon's YAY! But i don't really think you should've included Gen 4 pokemon Like Happiny Lickilicky and Electrivire. The graphics are great and the story too.. I'm waiting For this game And Do you like need beta testers?

I'm working on a hack myself "Pokemon Slender" Started a few days ago and to be honest this thread gives me a lot of inspiration
Red's OW sprite is actually not custom. It's from an official Pokémon game, Pokémon Emerald. In Pokémon Emerald, if you do a link trade/link battle with a FireRed/LeafGreen game, you can see the FR/LG player on the Emerald screen, but the sprite is drawn in R/S/E style.

Also, people seem to be ignoring this message at the end of the first post:
When you play this game, I kindly ask for you to forget about everything you know about Pokémon, and to play this game as if it were your first Pokémon game. I don't care about your nostalgia at all, so if you play this game thinking of Red/Blue and FireRed/LeafGreen, you will be disappointed (or pleasantly surprised? idk). Play this game as if you've never played a Pokémon game before, and this is just some new RPG that you're going to try out.

Back