• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you going to play X/Y now that OR/AS are out?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Well for me its a definite yes!

But thats only because im playing X now AFTER completing OR. OR was my first gen 6 game as I couldnt get X/Y in a shop and bought OR instead.

The step up from X to OR is noticable although there are some nice features in X and the group of friends starting their adventure together is quite nice rather than just you and 1 other who you infrequently see. Im mainly playing it for completing my living dex.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
Years
I'm still using my pokemon X game for breeding new teams since it's more convenient then the ORAS game, but I'm starting to get tired of seeing the same 3D avatar whenever I play in battlespot and might go back to play PVP in Kalos instead.

Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 12, 2015
Having a break from ORAS and just bought Pokemon Y today! Will be starting very shortly and I can't wait!

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Having a break from ORAS and just bought Pokemon Y today! Will be starting very shortly and I can't wait!

Will be interesting to see what you think since youve done the same as me and played them in reverse. My biggest gripe was the lack of dex nav and needing to keep fly after finishing the game.

Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 12, 2015
Only been playing for around 20 minutes but enjoying it so far. I'll let you know what I think,

tnfsf11

Overall I thought OR/AS were bad remakes & didn't have the originality factor that was in X/Y, but then again none of them had a good post-game for me to keep playing through after the E4...
So since I only breed & trade right now I chose X/Y, it's somewhat faster & better at handling online interactions. OR/AS takes forever to connect & save making it feel... bloated. And let's not forget the extremely hatch-friendly Central Lumiose!

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
To be honest, now that I'm done with playing OR/AS, I just feel like trading down my AS copy for a copy of Pokemon X (my main Pokemon game is still in my OR cart though).

Unpopular opinion maybe, but while I enjoyed OR/AS, the fact that I replayed RSE to death when I was a kid means that the replay-ability factor of OR/AS for me has already diminished. I find myself craving to do my Nuzlocke challenges in Kalos.

Besides, trainer customization is a thing I have oddly really enjoyed so I really am looking forward to messing around with that again.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Don't think on restarting either X or Y at this point. Y is where my Safaris are located (probably catching 1 of every Pokeball type of every HA Safari mons I have first before clearing out the Friend List) and it's also a reliable hatching grounds despite the repeating Lumiose City theme, while X... idk, restarting it for challenges is kind of likely but right now I don't think I'll restart it any time soon.

Years
After catching all the legendaries in OR and finally completing my living Pokédex, I'm playing through X again with Pokémon I've never used before.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I love Hoenn a lot, in fact it is my most favorite region. But I like XY more than OrAs, something is lacking from OrAs that only XY can satisfy me.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, not bashing on OrAs.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 21, 2016
I'm pretty used to the Generation 3 world and already beat the game so yeah I still play Pokemon Y and well it's my first time playing through it 7 badges in so getting close to the end

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 3, 2015
I think I'm going to play X more than Alpha Sapphire. I don't have a massive amount of play time on either of them, but I feel X is more enjoyable. On X I have 100h+ play time but on AS I only have 24 hours! So for me, it's going to be X. i want to complete the Pokedex to the best that I can, plus it feels more filling than AS, even though there's not a lot of places to go to post game.

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 18, 2015
I will be constantly going back to Pokemon X because I prefer the world itself, that accompanied by all my breeding pokemom are there and I find it easier to level up and hatch eggs in that game than in oras I will be staying on X for a while. I go onto ORAS purely for battling my friends with the new Mega Pokemon etc.

It was just the subtle things like character customisation etc which really stood out for me as a RPG/JRPG lover.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
Of course! In my opinion every Pokemon game has something special and 'awesome' to offer; so I will continue to play the Gen.6 games as well :) In fact, I just went through a new playthrough on Y, finished the main story, and currently I'm playing OR again ;) i might even go back to the Gen.4 / Gen.5 games again eventually because I love Pokemon games (too much) in general, lol

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Since ORAS was kinda a let down after i finished the Delta episode ive decided to go back to XY and do a couple things there as well as begin going through the story again on a challenge! Im really happy with XY compared to some of the games so I'll give it another go i didnt even think id return to the game before but now i got nothing to play so lets try a challenge!

SiriusAlpha

One and only
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Character customization kept me playing Y. And the Battle Chateau. And the fact that Rock Smash isn't an HM.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Just got my nice new Shiny copy of Y from Amazon (£18 in UK compared to £30.03 for X!), previously id borrowed X from a friend so will be playing this through again.

Looking forward to customizing my character and such and maybe trying out breeding in Y see if its easier/better than OR. Ill miss Soar though.

Back