• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Blazing Inferno (*Fire-Type Fan Club!*)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I think the following pokemon are Over rated

Arcanine from first gen
Arcanine: People I always battle always used it, and seems to me if you evole it right away it learns better moves.

Victini from fifth gen

Victini: too over powered with Victory star ability, the event one is even stronger which is totally unfair.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
And Umbr30n, won't you tell the results of the Banner Competition if they have been judged.

Last edited by Umbr30n; Edited at 03/10/12 at 17:06. Reason: Operation Irony FTW.

I already did! It's on the last page.

Updating the club.

On The Current Topic: I also have to say FIRE ARCEUS man, whenever young kids who don't know what power is (Under the age of seven I guess) get an Arceus just so they get a Fire-Type Arceus. It takes away the fun of the game, and that stupid goat really think's it's the strongest? REALLY? Well, Fire Arceus, just ERASE YOURSELF FROM TIME YOU OVERPOWERED GOAT. PLUS it doesn't have the best Move-Pool.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Which Fire-Type Pokemon in your opinion is overrated and why?

I'm gonna say Fire Arceus just because people think it has the best movepool of all Fire-Types. In my opinion, I would say that Victini has a much better movepool.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
I really think this club needs a new topic to discuss.

Name the best Move-Set for Fire Arceus.

This topic is for people discussing the best move-set for Arceus, since it has quite a large Move-Pool. What would you do to make Fire-Arceus formidable? What kind of moves would you give it? Feel free to share your opinion!

Pokemon Of The Month Competition:

The "Pokemon of the Month" competition has now started.

Rules:

• You have until the 13th October to vote.
  • Send a vote to me through a PM. You can vote for two Pokemon only.
  • Results will be revealed at 3:00 PM English Time on the 14th October.
  • Profile alts are unacceptable. If you are spotted, your votes (On both accounts) won't be counted.
  • You cannot vote on the same Fire-Type Pokemon twice.

Winning Pokemon:

The winning Pokemon will be featured in the "Fire-Type Pokemon Of The Month Records" on the first post. There will be a picture of that Pokemon and the name in a Spoiler.

The "Fire-Type Pokemon Of The Month Records" will look like this in the next few months. Of course the Pokemon isn't mentioned.

Fire-Type Pokemon Of The Month Records

2012 Winners:
Spoiler:

If you have any questions, PM me (Umbr30n) and ask me about anything to do with this.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Answering the Topic:

Judgment
Thunderbolt
Surf
Calm Mind/Psychic

What are your reasons for them? When answering Topics like this, try to explain reasons.

On The Current Topic:

Extremespeed because of it having very high speed. Very useful at competitive battling (Although of course, the Pokemon using it is going to ruin the fun of the game). Basically a sweeping move here that Arceus will need for many battles.
Dragon Pulse because it is one of the strongest Dragon-Type moves without a major drawback. It is also quite a strong move anyway and can deal a lot of damage to almost ALL the Types, that is, except from Steel-Types, who are usually Physical Walls and would take quite a lot of damage anyway. Plus Fire Arceus can't just fight on Physical moves, because of some Physical Walls.
Heat Wave because it is a good Fire-Type attack which can cause burns. It may not have the best Accuracy a Fire-Type move can have, but it has good power with a reasonable amount of PP. Plus it can take down Steel-Types quite easily unlike the other three moves listed in this Move-Set (Literally, all the other moves are resistant to Steel).
Dark Pulse because it is strong move which has a lot of PP, full Accuracy, and it could even Flinch the opponent. Plus it is resistant to a little amount of Types and it is good against a lot of Types.

Club updated.

Last edited:

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Okay for the reasons:

Calm Mind/Psychic: Calm Mind to raise special attack. Psychic for coverage.
Judgement: It has good power and can become 170 power because of stab and Flame Plate.
Thunderbolt: It covers its Water weakness and Arceus have good Special Attack.
Surf: It covers its remaining two weaknesses Ground and Rock.

Years
On current topic
-Judgement : a strong fire attack.
-Energy ball : allow him to PWN all of his weakness.
-Earthquake : just a strong attack.
-Shadow ball/Dark Pulse : strong moves with lots of PP

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
New Topic:

Which id the best Fire Type legendary

Answering the Topic:

I think it is Reshiram because it has a very good type combination. It can resist many typs and its moveset is good. It can learn moves like Flamethrower and Draco Meteor.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
NOTE: I cannot come here for around 2-3 days because of some things I need to do. I will update the Members list when I get back, so just keep on posting as normal. There is no need for a Second-In Command when I'm gone. Just try not to do anything sneaky, because I will notice when I get back.

On the Current Topic: I say Ho-Oh because it wields a great Move-Pool AND is immune to the powerful Ground. It also learns moves such as Sky Attack and Sacred Fire, which is great moves from Ho-Oh. Ho-Oh also has been around for GENERATIONS, and it's getting better since it's first appearance. Also, it's design is just awesome.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
'Kay, I'm back.

Just a little notice to everyone.

There is only around one more day of voting on the Fire-Type Pokemon Of The Month, so if you want to get your vote in, get it in quickly.

On the Current Topic: Sure, Fire Arceus may have TONS of moves in it's Move-Pool, but how well is it going to use them? It must put it's Statistics to good use (In most cases, they don't) or else they won't be worth training. Even though they have a good Move-Pool, you can't forget about how it has loads of commonly used weaknesses and that in Double Battles or Triple Battles, they can be ganged up on and defeated quite easily. As for Reshiram, I don't think it's Typing is the best, and that kind of blocks it having a good Move-Pool. It may learn good Moves, but just like Fire Arceus, how well is it going to use it? It lacks learning of a lot of TMs. It's Defense and Speed are not those Legendaries would usually have.

Now, of course they both have their pros (Both big and small, like having great Base Statistics or unique Typing) too, but I'm just going to explain further why I like Ho-Oh best compared to the other Fire Legendaries. Ho-Oh has a great design, based off a rainbow and possibly a Phoenix (Depending on what you think) that actually did much better than Moltres did (Actually, in fact, Ho-Oh is much more powerful than Moltres any day, even in Base Statistics) in many sorts of ways. In the anime, it appeared WAY before Moltres started (Which was completely crazy since Ho-Oh wasn't introduced yet). It just makes it everywhere all the way.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
On the current Topic:

I'd have to say Reshiram. It has great stats, learns awesome moves and resists quite a few Types.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Some updates to the club have been made.

Fire-Type Pokemon Of The Month Results:

Now, yes, I know this came out late, but the winner, with two votes, is...

Typhlosion!

General Other Information:

-Badges of Fire Gym Leaders are now available in the "Awards section". Once you receive an amount of points you will get a badge.
-Points have been updated as usual.
-I am now building an Official Blazing Inferno Chatroom. Things shall be finished by 17th October at 6: 30 PM English Time.
-The Awards section's Awards now have more awards (Literally). However some have been changed, since they were not good enough.

A New Topic to discuss:

What is your opinion about the Fire-Types in Black and White 2?

Now, since some countries hadn't got Black and White 2 out yet, the people might need to answer the Topic differently. If you're a person who hasn't got Black 2 or White 2, what do you think the Fire-Types are like?

Last edited:

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Hi, I'd like to join this group.

Your Username: RoreyG

Partner Pokemon: Charizard and Growlithe

Why do you like Fire-Types?: It all started with my Charmander in Pokemon Red. Oddly enough, its experiences in the game mirror my own experiences in real life. Just as how Charmander was greatly disadvantaged in the beginning stages of the Gen 1 games, I was a disadvantaged child. Sickly and bedridden, my only source of escape being my Gameboy and Pokemon Red. Helping Charmander grow from strength to strength in the game inspired me to want to grow from strength to strength to regain my health. Just like my Charmander, I set my mind and body to becoming better and stronger and I eventually got better. Just as my disadvantaged Charmander eventually evolved into a mighty Charizard, I was able to pull myself up and become a stronger person.

The Current Topic:

Tepig Line- I personally like Pokabu but I can't say the same for its evolutions. It gets too repetitive. Blaziken was a unique idea and Infernape could be excused seeing as how it was based off of Sun Wukong. However, Emboar is the third straight Fire/ Fighting starter and the Second in a row to be based off of a character from Journey to the West.

Darumaka- Darmanitan- Personally, I prefer this to Emboar. Its attack stat alone makes it the better choice of the two.

Growlithe- Arcanine- My preferred Fire type in the game. Aesthetically, It maintains its Regal appearance and Its Gen 5 movepool (as Growlithe) is reason enough to want it.

Vulpix- Ninetails- In the same vein as Growlithe- Arcanine, it maintains a regal appearance and an extremely good movepool (as Vulpix).

Pansear- Simisear- A decent enough Fire type but I would not recommend it due to the availability of better Fire types.

Magby- Magmortar- Another extremely good line. great movepool and stats. The only downside though is that you don't get a Magmarizer until late on.

Numel- Camerupt- Its decent, but I would not recommend. even though it can learn earthquake, 4x weakness to water is not worth it.

Volcarona- A Legendary best left until after the game as it would be of a significantly higher level and have a better movepool.

Last edited:

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Answering the topic:

The fire types in Unova 2 are pretty good because they learn some good moves now and they can learn them early. One example is Flareon which learns Fire Fang about 20 levels earlier than Unova 1. In Black 2, you can even get Magmortar which makes a great addition to your team. And you can get Drought Ninetales without Wi-Fi!!!

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Now introducing the newest addition to The Blazing Inferno...

The Chatroom is now here...

If you want to see the Chatroom, follow this link...

http://www.99chats.com/room_327189

However, the Chatroom obviously have differences compared to The Blazing Inferno HQ/Thread.

-Points will not be given out because I cannot track all of the chats in the Chatroom.
-Any Topic about Fire-Types are allowed - Just don't bring it off topic.
-There is a different ban system. It will be mentioned below.
-There are some exclusive rules. It will be mentioned below. Other than that, the other rules apply (Accept from Detail Rule, Pokemon Rule and Activity Rule - but don't make spammy posts either).

Now, onto the rules and Ban System.

Rules for the Chatroom:

-No spamming, trolling, harassing or inappropriate Chat Posts.
-Have fun.
-PC Rules Apply.
-No playing around with the controls you have (In an annoying way). Testing out controls is an exception.

Chatroom Ban System:

Some bans don't affect your Blazing Inferno Strike amount, but some do.

If you do ever get banned, before you will be given a chance.

Spamming, Trolling, Harassing or inappropriate Chat Posts: 2-5 day ban depending on severity. May add a strike to your Total Blazing Inferno Strike Count depending on severity.
PC Rules: 5-35 days depending on offense and severity. May add a strike to your Total Blazing Inferno Strike Count depending on offense.
Playing around with controls: 7-50 days depending on offense and severity. This is only if you're annoying people with them, deliberately messing around and not doing something that has an exception like "Testing them".
Plagiarism: This would actually go with Spamming, Trolling, Harassing or Innapropriate Chat Posts, but this one is much more severe. Permanent ban from the ChatRoom. Gives one strike to your Total Blazing Inferno Strike Count.

Plagiarism, in the rules, is part of Spamming, Trolling, Harassing or Inappropriate posts, but it has it's separate ban due to how severe it is.

Don't expect it to be live in the first post yet, it will be done at about 8:30 PM.

Last edited:

CompanionEevee

Just a friendly eevee lover
Years
I would like to join :D
Name: CompanionEevee
Partner Pokemon: Cyndaquil and Charmander :D
Why do you like Fire-Types?: Because fire types are amazing! They can burn things to ashes!
On current topic: I think that fire types will have more range as far as attacks will go. I do not yet own Black 2 or White 2 but i hope to soon!

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
I would like to join :D
Name: CompanionEevee
Partner Pokemon: Cyndaquil and Charmander :D
Why do you like Fire-Types?: Because fire types are amazing! They can burn things to ashes!
On current topic: I think that fire types will have more range as far as attacks will go. I do not yet own Black 2 or White 2 but i hope to soon!

Welcome to the club!

This topic has been discussed quite a lot, and it's 6 days old (Almost a week), so I'm going to introduce a New Topic for the club.

Create your own personal Fire-Type(s). Create more than one Fire-Type if you wish.

Topic Information: On this topic, yes it may be similar to another topic, but this is allowing you create more than one Fire-Type. You could also make an evolutionary line, a multiple-choice evolutionary line, or anything else you may think of, but try to refrain from making Branched Evolutions and Fire-Types which are related to Fire-Types that already exist (However, if you make made-up Fire-Types which are related to the other made-up Fire-Types that you thought of, you are allowed to). Also, make some Base Statistics for the Pokemon, but the total cannot go over 600, as we already have some strong Fire-Types, wouldn't you agree? Feel free to make it a Pseudo-Legendary if you wish, and be sure to share some of moves in it's Move-Pool that it could learn (If you wish, and you may put the whole Move-Pool in a Spoiler)! There are lots of possibilities to choose, but just PLEASE don't make more than 4 Fire-Types... We need others to share their thoughts too. Also, if you're really willing and have loads of ideas, you may even post a Pokedex Entry about it, or make a picture of your made-up Fire-Type! Basically, share your ideas here, as if you won a Game Freak Competition and actually MADE the next Fire-Type! However, everybody, this ISN'T a competition, there's no need for one anyway, so try not to get all competitive over the ideas.

If the writing is red, it's telling you not to do something, or you cannot do it.
If the writing is bold, you are allowed to do it, with a big number of possibilities.
If the writing is normal, than it's explaining the Topic in general to you/everyone.

You don't have to do all the Bolds, but it'll be better if you did.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Answering the topic:

Name: Flamking (Fire)

Evolution: Flamboy -> Flaman -> Flamking

Base Stats: HP:90 Attack:100 Defense:75 Spl. Attack:60 Spl. Defense:85 Speed: 120 Total: 540

Some of its moves:

Sword Dance
Agility
Flare Blitz
Earthquake
Hammer Arm
Extreme Speed
Fire Punch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back