• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'm unsure about how I would feel with a poison-type legendary. On one hand, I think it'll be unique, but on the other hand, as someone that somewhat likes to use legendaries on their team, would it be a waste in the end? Poison isn't that fantastic of a type to use competitively at all, so unless they really beef up the type, there's going to be some issues. ._.
I had an idea for a legendary Pokemon that is based on Beelzebub. Since there's a god entity, why not a satanic one? (No, Darkrai isn't based on one.) Like Shin Megami Tensei, the design would be based on a fly since his name literally means Lord of the Flies, it doesn't exactly have to be Collin de Plancy's depiction of Beelzebub. (which is what SMT took inspiration from.) Just the thought of a fly dark/poison type legendary that is supposed to be the demon of the Pokemon world is pretty cool.
Oh where to start. How can you already been disappointed. We've seen 0 seconds of real game play, and it's still 10 whole months until release.
To be honest this is something that's been bothering me, so sorry to bring it up. This isn't directed to this post directly, but more judging people who already decided whether to purchase the games or not/be disappointed, which is fairly rude. Yes, a single, obscure trailer can justify one's purchase. I mean, you're already gonna 100% buy the game right? From a single trailer? Hell, even before this was announced? How is this any better? Video games are just a medium that is supposed to be entertaining, and they cost, quite frankly, a lot of money. You guys may be different, but I prioritize other things, like school, boxing and hell even other video games that is supposedly interesting.

So suppose I was to give Pokemon a chance, and I wanted to decide fast...then what's so surprising about anyone judging a trailer that is this lacking? Everything I didn't want is there, and unlike most of you, I consider Pokemon just time wasting games. I'm not gonna wait for games I don't exactly care very much about just for them to improve. Trailers are supposed to hype me up, not disappoint me, and if the first trailer fails that then it's not surprising I already gave up.

Point is, they're games, they're supposed to be time wasters and I'm supposed to have fun at that time, but I don't have fun with Pokemon anymore. It's almost the same as criticizing someone for not watching this movie because of one actor they don't like, or criticizing this kid for not buying this one action figure because it's pink or whatever. It's rude, it's insulting and frankly quite disgusting. I consider Donkey Kong Country Returns the best traditional 2D platformer, but a lot of people didn't buy it/dropped it because of simple reasons like waggle. Hey, their money, and it's a perfectly justified reason, should I be pissed off and defend the game by saying "really? not playing the game because of that? seriously..."? No, I shouldn't care.

Basically the whole defensive mentality needs to stop. There's already too many games I want to play this year, and between exercising/boxing and school, then yes, something as small as random encounters is gonna take off Pokemon X/Y as one of those games. What's not to say others who are disappointed are the same? If they complain like a child or are explicitly insulting, then you have every right to complain, but right now it's just immature and makes you look like a fanboy. (Which by now I am convinced that you are...)

Just wanted to get this point across because I hate it when people criticize other's decision for purchasing. It's not just Pokemon, either, but I feel Pokemon fans are amongst the worst offenders of this.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I thought Kyogre is based on Leviathan just like Groudon is based on Behemoth and Rayquaza is based on Ziz. But, I like the idea of a kraken based pokemon.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Yeah Kyogre is based on Leviathan, just doesn't have the supposed behavior of one I assume.

You know I always wanted a Kraken based one. 4 years ago you'd see it and Megalodon on the top of my list for bases for Pokemon design haha. I still want both. :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
I'm craving for a more balanced metagame, without these horribale power gapes. Give low states pokes some useful abilities or moves that will make them more essential. Make the sky-high un-legendary pokes more obvious and less versetile.

I'm sick of seeing the same 9-10 pokes in just every battle.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
It's nigh-impossibly hard to balance a game with those many Pokemon. Each generation the metagame becomes more and more filled with BS and imbalance. I gave up the metagame with gen 5, and I imagine this gen would be even worse.

Then I moved on to fighting games but those aren't balanced either today, with their 50 character roster.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm craving for a more balanced metagame, without these horribale power gapes. Give low states pokes some useful abilities or moves that will make them more essential. Make the sky-high un-legendary pokes more obvious and less versetile.

I think the metagame will be fine really. But... I'm bias because I really enjoyed gen 5 (even though that was the first generation I played competitively but oh well!) However, I did find weather annoying but otherwise everything else was fine. If everything stays how it was with just awesomer mons, then I'll be good. :3;

blue

gucci
Years
I wonder if they'll introduce 4 v 4 battles, not that I would support it since it would just be too messy but still... they gave us 3 on 3 (and rotation) battles in the latest Gen. Speaking of which I wonder how they will be utilized in 3D, I hope they don't mess it up...

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

I don't think there will ever be a balanced metagame. I think Scizor will remain ruler of OU.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I wonder if they'll introduce 4 v 4 battles, not that I would support it since it would just be too messy but still... they gave us 3 on 3 (and rotation) battles in the latest Gen. Speaking of which I wonder how they will be utilized in 3D, I hope they don't mess it up...
Hmm... I think I could do without an extra Pokémon in battle if I've already got three out on the field. Gen V had such a small amount of triple battles and rotational battles, that I feel they need to keep working on including those two new forms of battles more before they decide on taking the next step. Honestly though, two was great, three was pushing it, and I just don't think we need to go as far as four on four battles.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm really hoping that the Light-type gets announced and implemented into Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, 'cause that will balance out the type chart and also any Dark/Ghost Pokémon would receive x4 the damage, rather than having no weakness at all. But I'm getting this feeling that they won't. D:
Hmm... I think I could do without an extra Pokémon in battle if I've already got three out on the field. Gen V had such a small amount of triple battles and rotational battles, that I feel they need to keep working on including those two new forms of battles more before they decide on taking the next step. Honestly though, two was great, three was pushing it, and I just don't think we need to go as far as four on four battles.

Not to also mention that it is too soon to be making a Quadruple Battle, which would be too many Pokémon to use in Pokémon X and Y. xD

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Maybe 4 on 4 quadruple battles could be just, a tag team double battle? Or in other words, two people using two pokemon at once, and each person just worrying about their own 2 pokemon?

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
One thing i want to bring: Global Link.

What will happen to the site? Will it be upgrade like the previous GTS website is to Global Link now, or will it stay that way.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
To be honest, I think triple battle alone would make the 3D battles a laggy, 10fps mess, let alone quadruple. Would be interesting to see how Game Freak works around it giving their lack of technical knowledge.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm not even a fan of the Triple Battles but I can somehow see them implementing some sort of Quadruple Tag Team Battle feature.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I thought Kyogre is based on Leviathan just like Groudon is based on Behemoth and Rayquaza is based on Ziz. But, I like the idea of a kraken based pokemon.

Yeah Kyogre is based on Leviathan, just doesn't have the supposed behavior of one I assume.

You know I always wanted a Kraken based one. 4 years ago you'd see it and Megalodon on the top of my list for bases for Pokemon design haha. I still want both. :)

Well you guys are right, according to Bulbapedia, Kyogre is in fact based off Leviathan, which honestly makes no sense as it doesn't look like Leviathan(which is serpent like according to its myths of origin), nor acts likes it(destroying ships... etc). u_u
Oh well, guess a Kraken based Pokemon will have to do...

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
You know what would be cool? A Poison and Rock type Pokémon.
I don't think that exists.
I look forward to new generations mainly because of the type combonations that are usually added.
E.G. lots were added in 2nd gen, especially since there were 2 new types.
In 3rd gen we had some new Pokémon like grass & water, grass & dark, water & dark, dragon ground, steel psychic, etc.
In sinnoh, I think rock & steel might have been new, ghost and flying definitely so, ice and grass, etc.
In 5th gen we got electric & ground, ghost & fire ghost & ground ghost & water, dragon & dark, etc. I can't wait to find out some of the new combonations!
Does anybody think a water fire would be odd but cool?
I mean, it's Pokémon, realism doesn't really play much of a role :)
Also, I don't think grass & electric exists which would be pretty cool.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
You know what would be cool? A Poison and Rock type Pokémon.
I don't think that exists.
I look forward to new generations mainly because of the type combonations that are usually added.
E.G. lots were added in 2nd gen, especially since there were 2 new types.
In 3rd gen we had some new Pokémon like grass & water, grass & dark, water & dark, dragon ground, steel psychic, etc.
In sinnoh, I think rock & steel might have been new, ghost and flying definitely so, ice and grass, etc.
In 5th gen we got electric & ground, ghost & fire ghost & ground ghost & water, dragon & dark, etc. I can't wait to find out some of the new combonations!
Does anybody think a water fire would be odd but cool?
I mean, it's Pokémon, realism doesn't really play much of a role :)
Also, I don't think grass & electric exists which would be pretty cool.

Maybe if this game is a possible genetics theme, there can be pokemon whose 'molecules' are scrambled, and their genetic coding becomes out of wack, so there might be some interesting dual types, liiiiike types as you said, pokemon that have dual types that conflict with each other like Fire/Water, or maybe Flying/Ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back