• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Shiny pokemon have you captured Legitly?

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2015
In my FireRed, I found a shiny Geodude and managed to catch it before it used selfdestruct (it had it--I checked afterward). Talk about nerve-wracking. My first shiny, ever, and it's a poke that usually LOVES to blow up on you whenever you really want to catch it, lol. It was awesome though because literally 1 hour later, I was on one of the islands and found a shiny Sentret XD

Recently I was replaying Emerald and training for the E4 in Victory Road, and I was not really paying attention, just biking around and KOing random pokemon. Then all of the sudden, as a wild Hariyama came on the screen and just before I selected a move to kill it, I noticed it was shiny and stopped myself XD I eventually caught it, thankfully, but it was only afterward that I remembered it would have had whirlwind >_< That battle lasted like 15 turns too (taking capture attempts into account), so I guess I was just REALLY lucky.

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
Zubat in Platinum, Delibird, Goldbat, Golduck and Graveler in Crystal (I was stuck in that ice cave for daysssssss -.-) and a Gloom in Ruby. I have yet to see a single shiny in Black >.<

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
I've only caught two.

1. A shiny Spearow in the route to the right of Vermillion City on a Leaf Green rom.

2. A shiny Pidove on a White cartridge.

Years
I have lost track of what shinys I have actually caught, but I remember my first was an Aron. I didn't even know it was shiny because I had the sound off and wasn't paying 100% attention to the screen.

The actual only difference I noticed was its eye was red, so I thought that was cool and caught it. I later found out it was shiny! :D

The other one I remember is a shiny Gastly. I nearly wet myself when I saw that because it looked so epic and all blue! :D​

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
The first shiny I've seen was a Gloom in Ruby. At this time I thought it was some kind of bug.
The first one I've caught was a Shiny Goldeen, but I didn't like it much. After that I caught a Shellder, which I liked more. ^^

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
Ive had great luck with shinies. My first shiny I ever saw was a pikachu. I got it, thought it was a glitch, then turned my game off withought saving.

My second I found when after days of attempting to chain a shiny voltorb, I found one in the battle frontier. :(

But don't worry since then I have chained both of them. :)

Years
Let's see..

G/S Noctowl, Flaaffy, , multiple Gyarados of course.
R/S Tentacool
HG Gyarados, Spearow
B Nidoran (M).. don't remember how I got it, actually... DW maybe? Or maybe transferred from HG. Either way I just realized that when I recently erased my B/W save file, I also erased the shiny Nidoran.. fuuu.
Caught a shiny Woobat last week, who is now Monster the Swoobat.

There have got to be more, but I don't remember. From all of these, all I have left are one of the many Gyarados, Swoobat and Spearow.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2012
No, the red Gyarados you get for free in HG/SS Doesn't count.

How about the red Gyara from the original Silver? :P

On a more serious note, until last week, I had only ever seen two shiny pokemon. One was a shiny zubat one of my friends found (this was the first time I ever even heard of a shiny pokemon - I thought the red gyarados was just some recolor the gamemakers did) and the other was an Espeon in the FireRed double battle room in battle tower.

Last week, I chained my first shiny: a bidoof! :)

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
asdfjkl SHINIES Let's see...I've got a shiny Arcanine from chaining back in Diamond, a random Gurdurr, a hatched Swablu, and a MM'd Milotic.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
My first shiny in any game was in Black, when I was looking for some dittos, I got a shiny one. Then I MM'd an Elekid :D

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
In Pokemon fire red, the most extraordinary thing happened. My first Pokemon encountor was a shiny pidgey! Unfortunately, I didn't have any poke balls to use. Later in the game, I found another shiny; a growlithe. I was desperate and successfully captured it. My total shinies in all my games are: 3 (no hacks or trades). Growlithe, Wooper and Bidoof (-.-)

Zapperz

colour swapper!
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
um, in gsc, was shiny tentacruel.
in 3rd gen, an illumise and weedle.
and in 4th gen, a pichu!

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2012
How about the red Gyara from the original Silver? :P

On a more serious note, until last week, I had only ever seen two shiny pokemon. One was a shiny zubat one of my friends found (this was the first time I ever even heard of a shiny pokemon - I thought the red gyarados was just some recolor the gamemakers did) and the other was an Espeon in the FireRed double battle room in battle tower.

Last week, I chained my first shiny: a bidoof! :)

Ugh I just saw a shiny Hippopotas, but again, it was in the Battle Tower! This is ridiculous... Is there a higher rate of shiny in the Battle Tower or something?

Also, to TheFallenUmbreon, that's tough luck that you didn't have any pokeballs, but definitely a cool story; Pidgey's my favorite of the bird lines, I'd be so angry to be in your position, haha

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I just caught a Lv.22 Zubat in Pt!

So now that's Growlithe (now Arcanine) in HG, Staravia (now Staraptor) in Pt, and now Zubat, soon to be a sexy pink Crobat lol after it gets transported to my White version like the rest

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
Just got a random shiny ratatta! I won't use it in battles but it's cool to have I can add it to the collection.

Derpy.H

Derpy - The Ponymon Elite
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
A couple months ago I got a shiny Magikarp ( ;_; ). Not looking good, there. heh.

Nickmonster

I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
Years
I've encountered a Shiny Poocheya. Sadly, it was the beginning of Pokemon Ruby and I had to help Prof. Birch.

Back