• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Spring's Revenge

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
Years
*headdesks* ....great, two reviewers like Janine (second one is my beta-reader) and the other forgot all about the love story and only cares about his Shirona anymore.
Authors like me always get the freaks.

j/k, I was really rofling when I read your reviews, it's so funny and great at the same time. ^_^
Anyway...
I wanted to slap Will for not confronting Janine.
Hehe...this will become important next chapter (and maybe in the sixth chapter, too).
You still did not always create new paragraphs with a new speaker.
>.< Sorry, that one slipped through my re-reading control. XD

Oh, how I have influenced you!
Curse you, my manipulated mind! *g*
You've made me completely forget about Janine, and Will, and Sabrina, and the heartbreaking romantic story.
CPF, I'm starting to hate you. >> *makes note to cut Cynthia out of the next chapter*
j/k, she will be there, she's essential to the plot. Sadly. >>;;;
I love you, P*A!
...yeah, and because of that, you always get my favourite character into mortal danger, I see the love there. *sarcasm*
Maybe just for that I'll let Sabrina survive in my story... (you know how much I love teasing you with that)
...yes, I do know that. You drive me crazy with it. >>

I don't know when the next chapter will come out, it could take a while as I have only started it (one page so far). My first guess would be two weeks, but it can be anything from 9 days to 19. *g*

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2022
Thanks to Alakazam's signature, I now know why Hunter J is so popular. Even May would be jealous...

I loved the whole story with Sabrina, Will and Janine, it was great. I'm sorry, I was just so overwhelmed by Cynthia being evil that I couldn't help myself. I can't decide whether I like Janine or not, though. I think I want to root against her, because all she wants is to cause trouble between Will and Sabrina.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
Years
So sorry that it took so long to update. ^^;;;; The chapter was ready a few days ago, yet my beta needed a bit longer than usual. ^^;;; Yet, heads up, people, the next chapter is almost finished, so Part Two will be up very soon.
Just for the update, the two new shippings introduced in the last chapter were MindScrewShipping (Janine x Will), and BlueVelvetShipping/ArtemisShipping (Hunter J x Cynthia), the latter named by me and Zammr (though ArtemisShipping is my own idea..cookies to everyone who gets the name. 0=) )
Last shipping on the last will be introduced in this chapter.

5. Chapter, Part 1: Battles

The dining room of the league was again in quiet tension the next morning. Sabrina, feeling unusually unwell, was sipping her tea very slowly. Will hadn't turned up yet. She knew it was probably paranoid to think that he would go after another woman, yet she couldn't help but fear the worst. After all, Cynthia hadn't appeared yet, either.

To make the miracle complete, she had let Lucian sit next to her, who looked just as miserable as her. He had told her that he had managed to fight off Hunter J's Pokemon by himself, yet the three of them had escaped by the use of 'brutal force', as he explained it, surprisingly with a term Sabrina often used for the fighters' dojo next to her gym. More accurately described, it meant that Salamence had created a hole in the wall with its Hyper Beam, separating Lucian and Bronzong from them with the pile of rubble.

All in all, the league had a hell lot of public donations to get for the rebuilding of the post office, and the psychological therapy of the employees.

Lucian blamed himself for all of that.

And Sabrina marvelled just why she was even giving that agony aunt's role a try. She had better things to do, after all...hadn't she?

"Lance will surely be angry at us once he comes back today..." Lucian whimpered, playing with the coffee cup between his fingers in a way that made Sabrina wonder just why he was not able to burn his fingers, or let a single drop of black liquid fall onto the white tablecloth.

Yet, that was not the only thing that had her blink. "Lance is already coming back? I thought he would spend some more time with Claire..."

Lucian shrugged. "I just got a note this morning that we- Cynthia and I, are going to meet Lance this afternoon. Nothing else." Sabrina nodded, yet she wasn't really listening in. Her mind was elsewhere. And Will had still not arrived.

~~~~~~~​

"...no serious battling, just give them some time to demonstrate their power- a bit of showing-off, you know? Give them all they want, all that will please them." Lance let his aching head rest on his equally aching wrist. He was tired, oh so tired, and yet this was not the only meeting that lied ahead of him. The league's head knew he should get a new secretary as soon as possible, but with the events surrounding his last one, he had to be more careful than ever, and had to take more time choosing one. Time he technically did not have. His timetable was already filled to the brim, days appearing to have more than twenty-five hours and still, he had so much to do, so much still on his plate.

And Claire dared to beg him for more romantic dates with her.

In some way, he could understand her. He wanted to have her around him more, too, yet she, especially she should know that the job he had was very important. There were not only a bunch of four talented idiots who lived off his renting and noble donations depending on it, but the whole land of Indigo, with its thousands of people and thousands of stacks of office papers.

"Understood?" he asked, the rings under his eyes even more visible as the light of the desk lamp fell diagonally onto his face. Lance looked old now, yet he was not even in his forties. The strain put on him had its consequences, even more after yesterday's...incidents. The post office getting attacked, the police not arriving soon enough so one of their guests had to fight the assailant off, and the 'little argument' with Claire over his idea of bringing his laptop to the candlelight dinner.

"Yes, Sir, " both Will and Karen said in unison, nodding formally in front of their boss.

"You're dismissed," Lance answered, leaning back in his black chair. He looked so tired that Will, though there were many questions still raising in him, went out as soon as possible, Karen following him, in a way that made him wonder how the material of the heels of her shoes could take it, not to mention what kind of bone material her ankles had to be made of. Gravity must also have lost its effect on her, because he was sure any normal human being would have slipped, if its hip made movements similar to Karen's.

"So, what is this all about actually?" he asked once they were out of the room and he had closed the door tightly, leaving Lance alone in his shadows and headaches.

Karen shrugged. "I don't know. How should I know? I'm no psychic, I can't read minds. If one of us should know what this was about, it's you." She grinned, licking her lips as she continued to walk down the hall. "Besides, what does it matter? Lance wants us to battle the two trainers and loose. That's not actually a big task, is it? Losing itself might be hard for some, as they've become so skilled at winning." Will had to think of Lance, yet Sabrina's image pushed itself into the foreground of his mind, confusing him. "Yet, seeing as we're only two lousy elite trainers below both the level of Cynthia and Lucian, I doubt we will have any trouble accomplishing that duty." She looked back at him with that glimmer in her eyes, that almost lustful glimmer that made him very nervous. He had a lot to make up for, concerning Sabrina and his unwanted rendezvous with Janine, and seeing Karen so close to him was no good sign. He had to end this now before anything more drastic could happen.

"Ehm, Karen..." He closed his eyes tightly. If only he could find the courage to actually tell her the blunt truth.

The dark trainer turned around and raised her eyebrows. "No need to tell me, Will. I know you love only her. I won't question that."

Leaving him behind, confused and a bit mad at himself, Karen walked down the stairs, readying herself for the test.

~~~~~~~​

Lance leaned farther back in his chair. He wondered where he had left the Aspirin pills, yet he could not remember. The constant hammering in his whole head kept him from thinking clearly, and the world around him was swirling. He knew he should have refrained from drinking champagne and coffee together last night, but the expensive liquid had been left from the disastrous date; he couldn't just let it go to waste and coffee was what he usually drank at 2 am to keep himself from falling asleep on the keyboard. Of course, usually, he didn't combine it with champagne and so, he wasn't prepared for the effects it had on his mind, but he was quite sure even if he had avoided letting the alcohol-caffeine mix into his blood, today wouldn't be better.

A quiet knock on his door woke him from his near slumber and Lance realized, only half awake, that almost an hour had gone by without him doing anything, and his guest was already behind the door. Lance cursed silently. He was clearly behind schedule.

"Come in, please," he said as loud as he could without giving his condition away. It was one thing to appear unshaved, crumpled and sleepy before his own underlings, another one to embarrass himself in front of an equal.

The door knob was turned around and a slender, pale hand appeared, holding onto the door frame. With a few steps, the woman stepped into the room, her long, black coat wiping around her legs.

"It's my pleasure to finally meet you, Lance Gray of Blackthorn, leader of Indigo." Lance nodded. His eyes were getting wet from being strained too much; he could barely grasp the outline of the young woman in front of him, who had sat down and let her head rest on her hands gracefully.

"Yes, it is", he coughed. He hoped his breath didn't smell drunk anymore, but if it did...well, at least it would smell like a one hundred and twelve year old champions' champagne from Fuchsia, its price close to that of many expensive perfumes. "First, I have to ask...did you receive the welcoming gift I had bought for Sinnoh's league? The Eevee egg?"

"Yes," Cynthia answered, her smile as innocent as ever.

"Good." Lance took a deep breath. At least that had worked out perfectly. "Then I want to explain today's afternoon to you." She nodded, not commenting him yet, yet looking at him as if she had much to say on this matter. And that smile of hers...it was bewitching, in every sense of the word.

"You and Lucian are going to battle the two new elite trainers we have, William Bender and Karen Schwartz. Just a simple three-on-three battle, nothing more." He looked up. "It will be recorded and shown by some public channels, though. Are you okay with that?" Cynthia nodded without caring at all. 'For publicity, Lance would sell his soul and his mother's, if anybody asked. How...disgusting.'

"That's everything for today." Lance leaned back, stroking his shining hair. Might it be hair gel or the sweat from yesterday's stress, Cynthia did not care. For a seemingly endless moment, she stared at Lance with her pale, grey eyes and innocent, silent smile, then she walked over to his chair, grabbed his collar and lifted him up, unhindered because Lance had never thought of needing his bodyguards with another champion in the same room. And it had been yet another thing he had forgotten to organize after the last night.

Lance could only stare with bright, open eyes at the young woman, before she pressed him against the wall and pressed her lips against his.

~~~~~~~​

During the last hours, most of the clouds had decided to disappear, leaving a clear, bright blue sky above the Indigo League Champion's stadium. It was a perfect day for battling outside and so, Lance had of course taken the opportunity and reserved the best place for Pokemon battles one could find in the whole of Indigo, personal preferences not taken into account. Usually, the finals of the Indigo Tournament took place there, almost always at night, with thousands of people sitting on the seats placed around the battle field, screaming, laughing, celebrating, and cheering for their favourite, with maybe even double the amount of people watching it on television. Normally, two aspiring trainers stood there below the watchers and the glassy eyes of the cameras, facing each other, both ready to give everything they had, for this was the moment they had waited for, some for years, some for decades.

But today, it was strangely quiet.

As security measurements had increased heavily, no spectators had been allowed into the stadium, at least no one without a VIP identity card. And since these people were rare, and not even all of them cared enough to come, the stadium was almost left empty. Only a few of the gym leaders had decided to spend their free time there, though it was right to ask if they hadn't been blackmailed by Lance, who at least wanted to keep the image that the league trainers stayed together as much and were as close as possible.

Certain relationships between certain trainers only helped that along.

Sabrina shuddered, unusually cold in the warm April sun and the slight breeze blowing through the rows of seats. She hadn't seen Will all morning and that made her not only sad, but also increasingly nervous. What was up with him again? She knew his work took up a lot of time, yet she had hoped, maybe dumbly hoped that he would at least greet her and tell her what his absence had been about. Maybe it was delusional to hope that he would try to meet her when Lance had probably chased him around the whole time, yet... Sabrina sighed. Was it that wrong and selfish to worry?

Damn it, she already missed him.

Just how was this going to work out once she was back in Saffron again? She couldn't just travel to Indigo every day, and teleporting around would take a hell lot of energy.

"Don't worry, sweetie, he's alright." Sabrina jumped when she heard the sinister, snickering voice next to her ear, almost losing her balance and falling over the row she had been standing on. Glancing at her side, her heartbeat still way faster than what was healthy anymore, she recognised Karen, the dark trainer.

Glaring at her, not trusting her in the least, Sabrina replied darkly. "And you know how?" Karen grinned, tracing her pale lips with a black coloured finger nail. "Lance called us to a meeting this morning. He was there and afterwards, we were told to wait here and prepare ourselves for the battle. That's why he had no time to pay his little girlfriend a visit." Sabrina snorted. She didn't like the way Karen talked about her and Will. It wasn't that Karen had called her 'little'- okay, she wasn't tall, but that was nothing to mock her with. No, the unspoken words behind, the melody of the sentence, everything made her tense. Closing her eyes, Sabrina tried to calm herself down again. Karen was a darkling, and dark powers frightened her, even more after her injury.

Sabrina turned away from Karen. There was nothing she had to talk about with her anymore.

"Yet...I refused to battle today."

"What?" Sabrina wasn't sure if she had heard right. An elite trainer, even worse, a fresh, new elite trainer, refusing an order from Lance? Had the league's head finally turned senile or had Karen done something to him? The psychic gym leader backed away slowly.

Karen laughed out loud. "Yes, sweetie, I refused. Old Lance seemed to be a bit shaken up today. So I used the chance to snub out. I thought I would give someone else the chance to battle together with Will."

"What?" Sabrina knew that it looked dumb to ask the same, simple answer twice within a short amount of time, yet she couldn't help it. There was no other question she could ask right now. Her heart beat faster and faster and she could feel the warmth rising in her. If Karen was telling the truth, she suddenly had to prepare for a battle herself. Her, battling the Sinnoh Elite Trainer, alongside Will. It was a wonderful thought, yet it make her incredibly nervous. There was no way she they could win against Lucian and Cynthia, yet maybe it was worth a try. They had shown they weren't that bad of a team and if she had another chance of being close to Will, she would surely use it. It was at least going to make up for the loneliness she had felt this morning.

Karen smiled at this and pointed downwards with a slender movement of her hand. "Look down."

Sabrina followed her indication, yet, she could feel her body getting colder again, the beat of her heart staggering slightly.

On the left side of the stadium, standing close together, were Will and Janine.

~~~~~~~​

Will felt his hands trembling as he walked up the stairs to the challenge's podium. Janine next to him was chatting nonstop and grinning and laughing and clinging to him...

Boy, did he feel bad.

There was nothing he wanted more than just shoving her off and postponing that battle, yet it was impossible. Lance was watching, the other elite trainers were watching, cameras were watching, around 10% of Indigo's population were watching, the gym leaders were watchi- Will grinded his teeth. The gym leaders were watching. 'Oh fu** it!' How could he have forgotten? Now he was really in trouble...

"Are the trainers ready for the battle?" Will turned to the left, where the judge had already taken his place and raised the flags. He really felt uneasy now, not very good for the coming battle, yet he couldn't stop but worry. Sabrina surely was watching him right now and for once, he was happy he couldn't read her thoughts. If he wasn't distracted already, Sabrina's thoughts would surely manage that.

"We are." Lucian answered for both himself and Cynthia, as the woman seemed to gaze disoriented around, admiring the scenery rather than concentrating on a battle. Will raised an eyebrow, wondering if the champion was even taking them seriously or, if not, what was wrong with her and why Lucian was not reacting to it. He stood directly next to her and yet, it was as if they were worlds apart. And they were really boyfriend and girlfriend? Sure, relationships worked different for different people, but what Will was sure of was that the flame of love had long been turned out for these two.

Which unpleasantly reminded him of his own dear again.

"Then, battle start!" The judge raised the flags above his head and the second he flicked them back at his sides, Lucian had already thrown his Pokeball, the movement almost too fast to be seen, yet pliant and rounded. He almost paraded his entrance, so well he seemed to have tested it out various times before. Well, he had been an elite trainer for some time now, longer than Will anyway and the masked man supposed that after years of practice, a certain routine crept in.

"Go, Medicham!" He cried. Will briefly wondered why a psychic trainer like Lucian would use a Psychic/Fighting Pokemon, yet from the gossip he had picked up, Sinnoh's elite wasn't so strict on using just the element a trainer had applied for. Heck, Cynthia had even decided not to rely on one single element at all!

Reason why she was rumoured to be the strongest champion of all. Being restricted to one element just made you weaker, more inflexible.

"Gastrodon, your turn." Cynthia's voice was calm and even, almost sleepy. Either she wasn't completely on this earth anymore, or she had taken something that had a creepy influence on her attention and consciousness.

Glancing at Janine, who was eagerly checking her Pokeballs and commenting each of their inhabitants, Will decided that it was time to choose his own battler. He was nervous; because this was his first official, albeit foretold, battle. He already knew Janine and he were going to lose, even if there wasn't the clear advantage the champion of Sinnoh had, Lance had ordered them to lose. Or, more accurately, had ordered him to lose. Janine was clueless, having filled in for Karen at the last second. Hence her enthusiasm. If only he could share those feelings...

Will closed his eyes. He didn't know much about Sinnoh's Pokemon, but Gastrodon looked like a Water Pokemon, with its snail like body. And Medichan was, of course, Psychic/Fighting. His Xatu would be of most use here.

"Go, Xatu!"

"Crobat, go for it!"

Will glanced again at Janine, slightly surprised. Apparently, she was playing along his lines, using a flyer as well. Maybe she had realized his tactic.

"Use Supersonic!" Or maybe not.

Will glared at her, yet he wasn't willing to scold the young ninja. He didn't want to talk to her, didn't want to have to do anything with her. Sabrina was watching, she shouldn't get the wrong impression.

If she hadn't had it already.

"Xatu, Fly on Medicham!" Obvious scheme, yet, he wasn't supposed to win anyway.

"Medicham, Thunderpunch." Will reeled back. Who should have expected this Pokemon to know this move?! He was screwed, severely screwed. Well, him and Janine, but she wasn't so affected, still passionate over her battle. Well, seem from her point of view...

"Xatu, Confuse Ray, then Psychic!" The idea was simple. Confuse Medicham so it wouldn't be able to hit Xatu, then take it out with a simple Psychic. Will winced inwardly when he remembered that he used a similar tactic to battle Sabrina and wished his mind would focus on something else, just not her.

"Gastrodon, Stone Edge!" It might have been a mistake not to have practised double battles ever before, Will realized now. His attention had to be divided onto two Pokemon. Thankfully, Janine reacted as well. The Supersonic of her Crobat hadn't affected Medicham much, so now she focussed on Cynthia's Pokemon. With the result of Gastrodon's attack being blown away by Crobat's Wing Attack, and Will's Xatu being given the chance of attacking Medicham without distraction.

The violet spheres of the Confuse Ray, swirling away from Xatu's eyes, hit Medicham, whose own eyes turned into swirls as well. Stumbling over its legs, the Pokemon couldn't direct its Thunderpunch anymore- and hit its own partner!

Will wanted to smile, even though it was uneasy showing that while knowing that you were disobeying your own boss right now. Well, maybe that was the case, but Lance hadn't said how close the battle was supposed to be, right? Maybe they were allowed to deal a few hits.
But to his surprise, Gastrodon shook the Thunder Punch off like it had been nothing more than the simple static shock happening between woolly clothes.

Will frowned. Either Gastrodon was really strong or...no, this couldn't be the reason. Even though Cynthia was the champion and her Pokemon weren't to be underestimated, Lucian was an Elite as well and his Pokemon's attacks were just too strong to be simply shrugged off. No...Will came to another conclusion. Gastrodon was not only water type...but water/ground type! This made things a bit easier, knowing that ground attacks couldn't hit both of their Pokemon.

"Gastrodon, Sludge Bomb on Xatu." Will tensed. His Xatu was the worse flyer, so an attack requiring good aiming was better being used on the less mobile target.

"Crobat, Wing Attack!" Again, Janine tried to keep the projectiles away from his Pokemon. He had to admit, that girl wasn't so bad of a double battler. Either that or her obsessed mind came up with strange ideas...

Yet, it worked. The brown coloured sludge balls fell into pieces, creating a rain of dirty water.

"Gastrodon, Muddy Water." Gastrodon's attack got mixed into the already existing rain left from its last attack, making more and more small puddles on the battlefield. Biting his lip, Will wondered what Cynthia was planning. Both of their Pokemon were currently flying, so the slippery ground didn't affect them at all. Even worse, she had dug a possible grave for her partner's Pokemon, as Medicham needed steady movements to attack properly. Lucian apparently thought the same, giving Cynthia a confused, shocked and even slightly angry look, yet not facing the cameras as he did so. Cynthia just continued to smile and whispered something to her boyfriend that Will couldn't understand. Anyway, it didn't appear to lighten Lucian's mood.

"Again Wing Attack!" The psychic trainer was close to face palming. Yes, Janine was a rookie, but even new trainers knew that it was certainly no good strategy using an attack too often. Your enemy could prepare for that attack and chase you into a dead end.

Yet, this time, maybe he could let that slip. After all, it had done something good. The hard wind brushing against his body had caused Medicham to fall onto his back, landing directly in one of the many puddles. It was his chance.

"Xatu, Psychic Attack, now!" Noticing the dire situation, the Bird Pokemon didn't hesitate at all and shot wave after wave of blue light over the helpless Medicham. Sooner or later, this was going to knock it out.

"Gastrodon, Stone Edge." "Argh!" Again, he had forgotten about the second Pokemon and now it was too late to dodge. Stone Edge was certainly going to be the final attack his Xatu saw...

"Crobat, intercept it!" With a sharp hiss, the bat-like Pokemon dove down, positioning itself between Xatu and Gastrodon. Yet, now without any defence itself, Crobat was hit by the swirl of jagged, accelerated minerals. It couldn't even withstand the assault for a few seconds before losing the strength to stay in the air. Finally, Crobat collapsed and landed onto the ground next to Xatu and Medicham. Using the small confusion for his advantage, Will let Xatu take flight again, the rest of the Stone Edge Attack hitting now Medicham, knocking it out as well.

The judge raised his flag, indicating a short break to give both trainer couples a chance to recall and possibly change their Pokemon.

"Come back, Crobat." Janine held out her Pokeball at arms' length, the red light consuming the fallen bat. "You did very well." She smiled at Will, blushing slightly. "You, too," she whispered. To his own surprise, Will nodded. They had actually managed to beat one of Lucian's Pokemon. 'Not bad, not bad at all.'

Lucian didn't say anything while recalling Medicham. He kept his eyes, hidden by sunglasses, on the Pokeball, before closing them and sighing. Again there was a short conversation between him and Cynthia, with Cynthia mostly staying quiet and only smiling now and then, yet Will really wished he knew what was going on on the other side of the stadium.

To both Will's and Janine's surprise, Cynthia recalled her Gastrodon shortly afterwards. The Pokemon didn't seem as if it had taken any direct hit and was still fresh for fighting, yet Will wasn't one going to doubt the judgement of a champion and, of course, the owner of the Pokemon itself. If Cynthia thought it was better to have Gastrodon rest, it was her decision. He would keep on using Xatu.

Again, the judge raised his flags, indicating that the battle was continuing.

"Go, Bronzong." Will had to smile. He had seen this bell-like Pokemon before, yet that didn't mean it looked any less weird now. 'Well, like Pokemon, like trainer, eh?' He glanced at his Xatu, stiff, calm, said to be staring into the future, present and past at the same time. '...'

"Gligar, your turn!" The psychic elite trainer just had to smile, no matter who was watching right now. Janine really tried to keep along with him, using a second flying Pokemon now. It may work, after all, their teamwork hadn't been so bad in the first round.

"Lucario." Both Indigo trainers turned their heads to the side. After Gastrodon, Cynthia had called out her Lucario, said to be one of her strongest Pokemon, behind her signature Pokemon, Garchomp. If Will had doubted until now that she wasn't taking them serious...well, he had been severely wrong. She was taking them serious.

Was that a good or a bad sign?

Shrugging it off, Will decided to focus on the battle once more. "Psychic!" Lucario was Steel/Fighting, at least one of these types was weak against Psychic. Sadly, both Pokemon they were fighting against were partly Steel, so Janine's Pokemon were at a complete disadvantage here. Briefly, Will wondered why Cynthia and Lucian hadn't used their superiority earlier. But then, maybe he was right with his theory. Maybe the first round had just been about testing their abilities as trainers and double trainers and now both Sinnoh trainers took them seriously and played their real trump cards.

"Gligar, Attract!" Will blinked. Now while attracting a Pokemon wasn't a bad strategy in itself, the chances of it working were only 50/50, depending on the other Pokemon's gender. He wasn't sure, but Bronzong looked clearly like a genderless Pokemon, a thing which even Janine should have noticed, so that meant her attack had to be aimed at Cynthia's Lucario. Yet...wasn't it common knowledge that most trainers only used Pokemon of their own gender? Conclusion, Lucario would be female as well. Now, either Janine was sure that her Gligar was male or...

The ninja girl smiled at him. "I read in the papers that Cynthia's only male Pokemon is Lucario." His eyes widened as he realised that Janine knew more about the champion than he did. A simple, new gym leader knowing more than an Elite trainer. Yet...maybe it was only because he had started to really despise yellow press papers recently, with all the rubbish they had been saying about Sabrina and him.

Will winced, yet again reminded of the one spectator that meant most to him.

"Bronzong, Flash Cannon on Gligar!" Apparently, Lucian had seen through their tactics as well and was now preventing Gligar from attacking. There wasn't much Will could do, none of his attacks would really stop Bronzong. He would only try to change the direction Bronzong was aiming in.

"Xatu, Quick Attack!" Will could feel his Pokemon's pain at is crashed head first into the cold, blue-grey metal of Bronzong. 'I'm sorry, old boy, I'm sorry.' At least it worked the way he had wished for. Bronzong's aiming was completely off, not hitting Gligar at all, rather endangering Lucario. But to his surprise, the wolf-like bipedal Pokemon created a sphere or bright, blue energy between its paws and threw it in the direction of Bronzong, splitting the bright white beam with ease. It was quite close to hitting Bronzong itself with the attack, yet the Steel/Psychic Pokemon glowed seconds before the energy ball could hit it, which prevented the attack from dealing too much damage.

"That attack from Bronzong was Iron Defense...but what was Lucario using?" Janine asked, not really caring who answered her question in the end, because it wasn't Will.

"That was Aura Sphere, Lucario's signature attack." Both Indigo trainers looked up to see Cynthia smiling innocently at them, yet without a real emotion on her face. A simple fact, it was nothing more to her. She was very different from Lance, yet Will supposed that champions had the right to be a bit weirder than usual people.

"Bronzong, Flash Cannon again!" Will was startled, he hadn't expected Lucian to use their distraction, but then, this nasty tactic was to be expected from both sides. He glanced at Janine. "You take care of Lucario, okay?" She nodded, while Will was left to deal with Bronzong. "Quick Attack, then Psychic!" He had to avoid the Flash Cannon, for he was quite sure his Xatu wouldn't survive such an attack. If the Bird Pokemon came even close to Bronzong afterwards, it was a nice bonus, but not the main point.

He glanced at his side. Janine had clenched her fist, her attention completely consumed by the raging battle. Her Gligar had managed to hit Lucario with Attract, yet Cynthia's Pokemon seemed to be trying hard to shake off the effects, holding its head and having closed its eyes tightly, while Gligar was flying around its body, hitting it again and again with Slash. Cynthia just watched unmoved.

A loud screech caught his attention again. Xatu hadn't been able to hit Bronzong with Quick Attack properly, its claws rather just scratching the surface of the metal, creating this unbelievable nauseating sound. Will backed away, clapping his hands over his ears. It literally hurt him...

And then, it stopped. Will grasped the round steel restriction posts on their platform, supporting his week knees. "You're alright?" He blinked. Janine was kneeling next to him, rubbing his back with one of her hands. "Yeah, I think so..." the girl smiled. Getting up, Will looked around. Cynthia looked as indifferent and uncaring as ever, only Lucian appearing to be a bit unsteady on his feet, too. He wondered why he had been affected by that sound, yet he assumed it has something to do with his newfound powers.

"Let's continue." He whispered to both himself and Janine. The girl nodded.

"Gligar, Slash again on Lucario!"

"Xatu, Psychic attack!" There wasn't much use in trying to use weaker attacks; he had to go for it. His Xatu was already weakened; it wouldn't take that much more.

"Bronzong, Gyro Ball!" The metal on the Pokemon's skin- was it actually skin? seemed to melt, dropping at its front side into a growing ball of hot, white liquid. Will knew he had to act fast, that attack looked quite powerful. "NOW!"

The psychic waves and the melted metal shot towards each other at rapid speed, all while Lucario and Gligar were still having their own battle. Lucario was trying to claw its way through the slashes of Gligar, while the airborne Pokemon frantically tried to avoid them. Finally, Cynthia decided to change her tactic. "Aura Sphere."

In the end, no attack really hit the target it had been destined for.

Xatu's Psychic was not strong enough to overthrow Bronzong's Gyro Ball, so the steel attack just kind of swallowed the weak psychic and aimed straight at Xatu. Yet, Gligar, fleeing in order to avoid Lucario's Aura Sphere, ended up straight in the Gyro Ball's flight path, getting hit instead of Xatu. And Lucario, trying to aim for Gligar, ended up shooting the Aura Sphere in its general direction, yet too far to the left to hit. Will knew he had to use the few chances he had been given, so he ordered Xatu to take control of the Aura Sphere with its psychic powers and aim it at Bronzong. He knew, there was no other way he and Janine would ever be able to beat Bronzong, not with their own Pokemons' attacks. So what else was there left but to take advantage of the enemies' attacks?

And he got rewarded. Bronzong was knocked out.

Again the judge's flags were raised, indicating yet another break.

Both Janine and Lucian had to recall their Pokemon, while Cynthia wasn't giving any sign if she would recall Lucario like she had recalled Gastrodon before. Will closed his eyes, thinking deeply. Would it be smart to recall Xatu? Probably not. It might have sounded cruel, but the most efficient way was to let the Flying/Psychic Pokemon deal as much damage as it could before being forced to recall it, too.

He smiled at Janine. They were doing quite well. The battle was still even, with both sides having lost two Pokemon so far. No doubt he and Janine were going to lose in the end, his other Pokemon weren't quite as strong as Xatu, yet, he felt unusually good, battling together with her and doing so well.

~~~~~~~​

On the spectator's side of the stadium, a high, girlish squeal came from many throats, growing and ebbing like waves crashing against the shore, echoing against the stony walls. "Oh my god, isn't he just great?" "Of course he is, did you ever doubt that?" "He took out two of Lucian's Pokemon!" "He's so strong!" "He's perfect!" "My, what a battle!" "Janine's so lucky!"

Yes, Janine was lucky.

Others weren't.

Others felt their heart breaking.

Sabrina could only stare downwards. She hadn't moved at all since the beginning of the battle, only keeping on staring down. Staring without any word, without any sign that behind the cold mask she had built up over the years of psychic training, she had some feelings after all.

Because right now, she didn't want to feel.

And yet, she did.

She felt cold, colder than ever. Cold and...what was the word? Despair?

It hadn't been a lie after all. It had been the blunt truth. He didn't love her. He loved Janine. He had never needed her. There was nothing between them, their poor, pitiful little adventure only being an episode in both of their lives, nothing more. He had never loved her.

She swallowed, fighting back tears that tried to form. She couldn't cry. Not here. Not in front of all the other gym leaders, who only knew her as the strong, unfaultering psychic. Yet, even if she had been all by herself, with no one watching, she wouldn't have been able to cry. Not anymore. She had enough of crying. It wasn't herself to cry, not herself to break down. She wanted to cry and to break down, yet she couldn't, couldn't allow herself. She had to go on.

She had to live. Without him.

Without love.

Feeling someone nudging her, Sabrina looked to her side, recognising Erica. She looked at her with a compassionate smile. Apparently, she knew. As if it wasn't that obvious to see her pain. Yet...Sabrina didn't even want anyone to notice her misery. She didn't need the sympathy of any of these dumb, shallow girls. Even Erica was close to the line.

"What was his reaction to Xatu's scratching about?" Erica asked, glancing at the battlefield again. Sabrina sighed. She should have known...all they cared about was her knowledge about psychic powers in general, not what was going on inside her.

"Psychics are hyper sensitive towards certain frequencies. If they're hit with the right one...it hurts them psychically." Erica turned again towards her. "And why weren't you affected?" 'I doubt even a dark attack would have managed to get me out of this lethargy...' "It only works close ranged. I was too far away." That was a lie, but Sabrina couldn't care less about the truth right now when the blunt truth had just hit her straight in the face, destroying everything she had dreamt of.

"I see." Erica walked away, leaving her alone again.

How ironic. She was truly alone.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
Years
(Continuation, chapter was too long ^^;;;)

"Please continue the battle!"

Will swallowed hard as the judge cried out those words. In the end, Cynthia had changed her Pokemon again. She had called out Garchomp. Garchomp, her signature Pokemon, her favourite, her star, her strongest Pokemon.

On the bright side, it meant that the champion was taking them more than serious; they were most likely going to see a spectacular battle and had a chance not many trainers even dared to approach, battling one of the strongest Pokemon in the care of a trainer.

On the not so bright side, this battle was going to be short.

On the dark side, they were screwed.

"Do your best, Ariados!" Will sighed. Janine didn't know it, but her wish was most likely just that: a wish, nothing more. Garchomp had taken out whole teams without a scratch and, heck, so far, they hadn't really managed to get even one good hit on Cynthia's Pokemon. Both Gastrodon and Lucario left the battle as good as new.

"I choose Girafarig." 'Well, apparently that's a Pokemon popular with psychic trainers...' Will mused, thinking about his own Girafarig. He could as well use it, but with Garchomp outside, he had a better idea. And, after all, his Xatu was still standing more or less.

"Ariados, Night Shade on Girafarig!" While Will was really happy that Janine's Pokemon knew such a handy attack, it left him to deal with Garchomp and that wasn't great at all.

Momentarily wondering if he should again go for the direct hit or rather trying to weaken Garchomp by confusing it, Will didn't notice Xatu's eyes glowing. In the end, he didn't have much time to muse over a strategy, because Cynthia wasn't bothering with long theories and going over to the practically part right away. "Dragon Claw." "Psychic!" Not sooner than he had blurted out the word, Garchomp's claws already connected with Xatu's body, making it fling all over the field and crash into a wall. Worried, Will turned around, but to his relief, Xatu was just knocked out, not hurt or...killed. The young psychic couldn't really tell how he knew, just that he knew it for sure. Most likely, it had again to do with his powers. It gave him a better understanding of and connection to his Pokemon.

"Come back, Xatu." Will smiled, sighing. That had been to be expected, Xatu had taken a lot of hits recently. And with Garchomp's sheer might....well, it was worth a try, yet, nothing more.

"Go, Jynx!" Janine squealed, surprising Will a bit. It wasn't often that girls actually liked his Jynx seeing as it was, even he had to admit, a bit ugly. But with Pokemon, the outside didn't matter so much, as long as they could pack quite a punch.

And Jynx could.

"Ice Punch!" Will knew that wouldn't take out Garchomp, for sure, but at least it could weaken it. And that was the point, Janine and he weren't supposed to win anyway, so all he could- and would, was show that he was a true elite trainer.

And in theory, it worked perfectly, Jynx hit Garchomp's left wing, freezing it instantly. Briefly, Will wondered why Girafarig wasn't bothering him, yet glancing at his left side, he noticed that Ariados had fixed Girafarig with String Shot and the Psychic/Normal Pokemon had trouble getting on its feet again, while at the same time, it shot Shadow Balls around, trying to hit Ariados. For the moment, Girafarig wasn't something he had to worry about.

But then, the ice broke.

"Dragon Claw." Again, Garchomp's wing glowed white, hitting Jynx straight in the face, yet surprisingly not knocking it out in an instant, something Will had surely expected then. "Double Slap, then Lovely Kiss!"If there was nothing else you could use, then at least use the fact that your Pokemon is close to your enemy's.

"Cute!" Janine giggled, wrapping her arms around his neck. Will smiled nervously, yet dared to place a kiss on her cheek, causing Janine to laugh even louder and blush.

Down at the battle field, Garchomp's cheeks had turned red as well, but rather from the fact that it had been constantly hit by Jynx's large hands. Yet shortly before the human-like Pokemon could kiss Garchomp, surely scaring the poor thing for the rest of its life, not to mention that both Jynx and Garchomp were female, Cynthia decided to interfere. "Giga Impact."

Will bit his tongue. With that short of a distance between Garchomp and Jynx, his Pokemon wasn't going to get out of the attack at all.

Garchomp covered itself in a ball of pink energy, and jumped at Jynx. Smoke hindered the sight, shrouding the result of the impact in mystery, yet only theoretically. There was no way Jynx had gotten out of this, and Will knew it. Most likely, everyone knew, yet there was still a surprised murmur when the air was clean again and Jynx lay on the ground, its eyes closed. Wordlessly, Will recalled it.

"Girafarig, Psychic!" Will grinded his teeth. His last Pokemon wasn't even out yet and Lucian still dared to attack? Technically, this could get him disqualified, yet Lance would rather behead the judge than allowing this. Cynthia and Lucian were guests; they had all the rights they wanted to have.

"Go, Girafarig! Crunch!" He had to help Janine, for her Pokemon wouldn't be able to withstand the power of a direct hit with Psychic. So before Lucian's Girafarig could actually hit Janine's Araidos, Will's own Pokemon intercepted the attack, biting the other Girafarig hard into its leg. It cried out in pain, falling to the side, with the string shot still wrapped about its other legs helping a bit.

"Garchomp, Dig." Even before Will or Janine had the chance to turn around, Garchomp had already disappeared into the earth, disappearing from their view as well.

"Oh no..." Janine was really frightened, knowing that Garchomp could appear anywhere now, without her and Will being able to prepare for it. The battle could be over very soon now. Yet, Will smiled. He had some advantages now the usual trainer hadn't and he started to wonder how he had managed to get this far without any psychic powers. Now that he had them, many things were much easier. Detecting a Pokemon beneath the ground wasn't just an exercise of good concentration and good eyes anymore, but simple reaching out with one's mind and concentrating on the only aura that wasn't visible to the eyes, too. He was glad Sabrina had taught him so much, after all, he was really getting better.

"Girafarig, jump to the left!" He wished Janine would have followed his example, yet she wasn't fast enough. The few seconds that were between his powers recognizing Garchomp and screaming out were enough for the Dragon/Ground Pokemon to break through the surface and hit Ariados with a force unbelievable to be contained by a single Pokemon. Instantly, Janine's last fighter was knocked out.

"Your turn now." She smiled at Will, taking his hand as she recalled Ariados. The psychic trainer nodded. He could at least try to knock out one more Pokemon, but that would depend on his luck and whether Cynthia decided to attack his Girafarig now or later. Two against one was never a fair battle, yet it ending like this was to be expected.

"Girafarig, Crunch again!" "Shadow Ball!" "Giga Impact!" Will winced. Two attacks at the same time. No chance he could avoid both, and if he had the choice to choose between them...Shadow Ball was a Ghost attack, partly strong against his Psychic Pokemon, yet Giga Impact was...well, he had seen its might. There was no word even close to describing how powerful Cynthia's Garchomp probably was. It felt amazing to battle it, so much he could sympathize with all the trainers dreaming of beating the Elite four once in their lives.

But for now, he had to think of some solution himself.

"Girafarig, bite it in the leg, then fling it to the right!" The idea wasn't new at all, yet Lucian seemed completely shocked. Well, he was, but Cynthia....her face was unreadable. If she knew what was going to happen, she didn't try to hinder him. Not at all. Almost as if she wanted her boyfriend's Pokemon to get hit by the Giga Impact.

And that was what happened. Will knew there was no chance he would get out of this tight spot, so he put up with his Pokemon being hit by the Shadow Ball and weakened through it, when he was able to keep Lucian's Girafarig from fleeing that way. Both Pokemon were in the direction of the Giga Impact and both would be taken out that way.

If he had to end this battle, it would be with a bang. Sacrificing his own Pokemon to beat at least Lucian.

It worked, but not in the way Will had thought of.

Only seconds before the Giga Impact could hit both Girafarigs, Lucian held out a Pokeball at arm's length. "Come back, Girafarig!" He looked up, staring Will into the face, not caring about what was going on down there. "I give up."

Will blinked in surprise, not even realizing that his own Girafarig had long blacked out. Lucian gave up? It wasn't that incomprehensible, as no one really could ever want his Pokemon to be hit by such an attack if it wasn't dire emergency, yet it seemed untypical for the smug elite trainer. Something was wrong with him. He seemed to be far too weak for a real elite trainer, after all, Will was a newbie and he had sorta been able to beat him. With Janine's help, of course.

Said girl hugged him suddenly, rubbing her cheek against his. "You were so great! It was amazing! You made Lucian give up!" "Yeah, I guess I did...hehe..." Will smiled uneasily. She was close to suffocating him...

"Your little girlfriend here is right; you were doing well, William Bender." Will looked up from Janine's smiling face to see Cynthia climbing up the stairs to their platform, carefully because of her high heels.

"You weren't bad yourself, Miss Monde. A great battle, really." He bowed, Janine nearly falling of his neck and hitting her head on the stones as a result. Cynthia smiled at the clumsy, love-struck ninja.

"You must be Koga Kiyo's daughter. I heard a lot of your father. He is famous person, both as a ninja and a poison trainer. A very good decision from Lance to promote him to Elite." Cynthia nodded to herself, while Janine awkwardly tried to get on her own feet again, almost knocking over Will in the process. She was deeply red. "Yes, that is right, Miss Monde. It is...it is a pleasure to meet you." Bowing, too, and hitting Will with her pony tail, Janine showed her respect. Meanwhile, Will looked over to Lucian, who walked out of the stadium without paying them, or any other trainer for the matter, any more attention, his hands in his pockets.

"Is something wrong with him?" He asked, actually concerned with the well-being of the other psychic trainer. He had wanted to see the true strength of the elite four of Sinnoh and now he felt as if he had only witnessed the power of the champion.

Cynthia shrugged. "I guess he's a bit worried for one of his Pokemon which hasn't arrived in Kanto yet. All of his were shipped over safely, except for his Espeon. He is worried it might have been stolen or something..." Will nodded. That was understandable. He would be troubled too if one of his precious Pokemon was not with him and he had no idea where it might have ended up.

~~~~~~~​

"Oh whoa, such a great battle!" "The two really did well!" "That Garchomp of Cynthia...amazing, just amazing!"

"I wish I had such a Dragon Pokemon..."

"Yeah, right, as if you could control a Dragon Pokemon, Lily..."

"Heh, I could try!"

"As if...leave that to the true Dragon Trainers, no, Lance?"

"Hm? Yeah, maybe..."

While everyone was chatting about the end of the battle, a lone woman had made her decision.

The wise eye of a father watched silently.

~~~~~~~​

It had taken Will almost ten minutes to get from the platform to the spectators' rows, because of all the people rushing to and around him. He could barely walk, as all the girls congratulated him, and, occasionally, teased Janine for being able to battle with him. The young ninja was beaming with joy, laughing and clapping her hands together in her sheer happiness. There was so much she could tell her friends now, she much envy she could cause now, it was almost too much for her young soul to take. She wanted to scream out to the world that she was now the happiest girl on Earth, yet, in front of all of these cameras and her father's wise eyes, that wasn't so much of a good idea.

Will just smiled at her. He was glad he had made her so happy; it was nice to see her smiling brightly and everything.

But then, he looked up.

On the top row, directly in front of him, stood Sabrina.

Will swallowed. He had forgotten about her...

She stared at him with those cold, unfeeling eyes. It was as if she wasn't alive anymore, rather a ghost, a projection of herself, without emotions. She just stood there, staring down at him, and yet, he felt the weight of what he had done to her on his heart. There was nothing she had to do to cause these feelings of guilt inside him, as her simple stare, her simple presence was enough. And it was no psychics' thing.

"Sabrina, it's, you know, I'm sor-"

She shook her head. It seemed as if the whole world around them fell apart, only their presences remaining before an endless black background.

"It's over, William."

End of Chapter 5, Part 1, and the end of a relationship.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2022
Okay, this is all stuff I already read, so I can just go on with the review... I want more evil Cynthia and more Cynthia x Lucian. Though Cynthia x Lance is pretty cool as well, you've got to love Cynthia just going up and kissing him. And I trust that Sabrina and Will will get back together soon. (Maybe I should threaten to stop reviewing in order to get my way in your fics, wouldn't that be nice?)

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
Years
1. You *WILL* get more evil Cynthia and you will get Lucian x Cynthia (kinda *sweatdrops*). What more IS there that you want? Oh, Sabrina and Will getting together again? Maybe, maybe not. Haven't decided yet. 0=)
2. ....you can threaten me, but will I care?

delongbi

I C U
Years
Hehe, sorry; I fell asleep reading this. Not that it was boring, I was just really tired.

Anyway, I hate to blabber about grammar errors, but...

meeting that lied ahead of him.

I believe it should be "lay" instead of "lied."

wanted to have her around him more, too, yet she, especially she should know that the job he had was very important.

This is an error I saw a lot- the run-on sentance. There should be a period or semi-colon after "too" and before "yet." You often use "yet" as a joining word like "and," "or," and "but" even though "yet" is not truely a joining word. "Yet" made this sentance a run-on.

There were not only a bunch of four talented idiots who lived off his renting and noble donations depending on it, but the whole land of Indigo, with its thousands of people and thousands of stacks of office papers.

Maybe I'm not reading this sentance right, but something does not make sense to me. I think it's the "bunch of four" that is messing me up.

For a seemingly endless moment, she stared at Lance with her pale, grey eyes and innocent, silent smile, then she walked over to his chair, grabbed his collar and lifted him up, unhindered because Lance had never thought of needing his bodyguards with another champion in the same room.

Run-on. Period after smile.

She knew his work took up a lot of time, yet she had hoped, maybe dumbly hoped that he would at least greet her and tell her what his absence had been about.

There should be a comma after "hoped" and you did the yet/run-on combo again.

She hadn't moved at all since the beginning of the battle, only keeping on staring down.

Keeping should be kept.

There were a few other times you used the yet/ run-on combo, but I didn't bother putting them all here.

Anyway, on to my more thoughtful comments.

Overall, this was, once again, a very good chapter. The battle was well described, as were Sabrina's emotions.

Right now, the plot is a little confusing, but I think it is supposed to be. This chapter opened many questions. For instance, I'm curious to see why Sabrina has the Eevee egg (I think) and why Cynthia wants her to have the egg. I also can't wait to find out what Lucian is so worried about and what Koga is going to do about his daughter.

Hehe, Cynthia's a real player... lol.

Will smiled nervously, yet dared to place a kiss on her cheek, causing Janine to laugh even louder and blush.

I was about to murder Will at this moment. Sabrina should have, actually.

I felt so bad for Sabrina! With the way Will has been acting, I'm glad she dumped him, but it really stinks for her.

Ahh! Can't wait for the next chapter! Your story is great!

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
Years
This is an error I saw a lot- the run-on sentance. There should be a period or semi-colon after "too" and before "yet." You often use "yet" as a joining word like "and," "or," and "but" even though "yet" is not truely a joining word. "Yet" made this sentance a run-on.
*grumbles about how they literally teach one nothing in English* I always thought 'yet' was like 'and', 'or' and so....*makes note to herself to search through the next chapter for any 'yet'* Would it be better then to cut the sentence before the 'yet' and just make a new one?

Right now, the plot is a little confusing, but I think it is supposed to be. This chapter opened many questions. For instance, I'm curious to see why Sabrina has the Eevee egg (I think) and why Cynthia wants her to have the egg. I also can't wait to find out what Lucian is so worried about and what Koga is going to do about his daughter.
Yes, it is supposed to be confusing. *g* The next chapter might either answer some questions or bring up even more, depends on how you view it.
Well, I can at least answer one question out of these. Sabrina has the egg because she found it. *lol* It was the egg that was left after Hunter J's appearance.

I was about to murder Will at this moment. Sabrina should have, actually.
ROFL, just ROFL.... I was just about to say 'Poor guy, needs love too', but then, you're right, Will acted very thoughtless here and he will get punished. Sorta.

I felt so bad for Sabrina! With the way Will has been acting, I'm glad she dumped him, but it really stinks for her.
It does. And it will continue during the next chapter. BTW, the next chapter should be up very soon. It's finished and just needs to be beta-read. ^^

delongbi

I C U
Years
*grumbles about how they literally teach one nothing in English*

Lol. I completely agree... I learned everything I know from my cousin.

Would it be better then to cut the sentence before the 'yet' and just make a new one?

Sometimes you can write "and yet... blah, blah, blah" or you can just stick a period before the yet and start a new sentance. Then, sometimes, it's better just to rephrase the whole thing. It really depends on the situation.

BTW, the next chapter should be up very soon. It's finished and just needs to be beta-read. ^^

Yay!!!! Can't wait! :)

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
Years
*grumbles about busy beta-readers* SO absolutely sorry for this delay, but bear with me, I had to put up with a exam-writing beta-reader. ^.~
Last shipping of this fic was included last chapter as I said. It was WikiErrorShipping (great name, really), aka Cynthia x Lance.

5.Chapter, Part 2: Breakups& Breakdowns

"It's over, William."

"What?" Now he was mirroring her non-existing movements, staring at her as well. He felt so cold, frozen in place, frozen in that one moment of time. He could hear her words, yet it was as if they had never reached his consciousness. He could just not grasp their meaning, his whole mind frozen, too cold to think.

Sabrina closed her eyes, appearing to be sighing. Will wondered if he could trust his eyes anymore, for he saw a white haze appearing as she spoke, indicating that the temperature around them had indeed fallen. Yet that was not possible, was it? They were still in the stadium, on a spring's afternoon...weren't they? He couldn't be sure anymore, as his mind played tricks on him-unbelievable tricks.

"It's over. Our relationship...is over." She opened her eyes again and her icy blue stare bore into his lively violet one. There couldn't be a bigger contrast between the auras those two gave off. Sabrina was cold, unemotional, and uncaring again, while Will was still feeling the heat of the battle, the happiness from all the persons greeting and congratulating him. All the warmness.

"What? You can't be, you can't be serious!" he exclaimed, suddenly shocked and slightly frightened. She didn't look as if she was joking at all....

"I am serious." Her voice had turned into a whisper-a quiet clear whisper, which was as sharp as the hiss of a snake. He could understand every word. Every word was understandable, and yet not understandable for him.

"But, why?" He shook his head, still not believing what she was saying. She wanted to...break up with him? Why, just why? He thought it had been love...true love...but, had it all been a joke now? The Sabrina he knew wasn't joking, not about serious things like their time together. But then...that meant she really...was breaking up with him. "Why?"

Her sigh sounded helpless, hurt, as if she was hoping for herself not to be there, not to have to do what she was doing. And yet, she forced herself to speak to him.

"You don't love me. I see that now. Please understand me, Will. I do not wish to be hurt anymore. It's better, for both of us."

"But, but..." He couldn't believe her words. She actually thought he didn't love her?! Had she lost her sanity?! He loved her more than anything else! He bit his tongue, fearing he hadn't shown his love as much as maybe he needed. Maybe he should have kept away from Janine, but...it hadn't been his decision, damnit! He had no chance to get away from her! "I do love you! Please, believe me!" If she was so strong of a psychic, couldn't she just read his mind and find out?

But...maybe she had done that. Maybe he was lying to himself. Maybe he did love Janine...

No. Definitely not. Will shook his head.

"I wish I could believe you, Will, yet what you've done speaks against you." She closed her eyes again. "Just remember...I loved you. I wish it could have worked, but it did not. Goodbye."

And with her last word, she disappeared, reality surrounding Will again. He could see Janine, Lance, and all the other trainers around him, concerned, as he was kneeling on the stairs, apparently pale and not completely on the earth anymore. Dimly, he wondered if Sabrina had teleported him somewhere, or what else it had been about, but more important things flashed into his mind, making him jump, even though his legs weren't that strong. He nearly fell, trying to run up the stairs. But his hope was destroyed.

Sabrina wasn't there anymore.

~~~~~~~​

The town of Indigo was not only known for its famous league and the tournaments that took stage here, but also for the mass of touristic industries that had been built around it, benefitting from the attractiveness it had on the trainers. And with that, not only ten-year olds were appealed.

Indigo Town had many night bars, adult cinemas, dancing theatres and other colourful establishments with their fancy decorations, disguising names, hidden entries and bright, gleaming neon lights. Many of them were in downtown, where the more celebrated, richer citizens claimed they never went to, but that was only the attempt of keeping the clean, straight image of infallibility.

In reality, many of the high society member parties took place there, as those were the only places where they could forget the strict rules, the rigid conventions, and just be humans, with all their emotions, tragedies, feelings, happiness, and dirtiness. Not to mention that they were technically the only ones who could pay the horrendous prices for...special staff.

If there was one place you theoretically couldn't find Sabrina Bennett in, it was there.

But today's night was not a usual night, not after everything that had happened the afternoon before.

Her dark violet coat wrapped tightly around her body, she walked silently through the shadows, out of the reach of the flickering street lamps and blinding neon sights, the rounded dusty tubes in ugly loud colours. It was getting cold again, the warm of the afternoon and April's sun misleading one to the conclusion it might already be summer in the mountains, when it wasn't. The nights were still cold; sometimes there were even small layers of ice covering the fresh, small blossoms on the trees at the streets' sides. Sabrina didn't know why she was forcing herself to do this, to wander around aimlessly when it was close to midnight, and anything but safe outside. She should go back to her hotel room, to her bed and try to find some sleep. But deep inside, she knew she wouldn't be able to bear the emotional pain, knowing that she was so close to him and yet...so far. She wouldn't find any sleep in a hotel room that was directly next to his. And since she hadn't bothered with finding a new one the whole afternoon- who could take offence at that, regarding all the trouble she had been through?-there was not much she could do right now, besides spending the whole night on the streets. She felt even lonelier now, with the darkness not only surrounding her body, but also her soul. There was no one caring for her anymore. If she got attacked there, robbed, hurt, raped...no one would care. No one.

Sniffing and glancing at the side, where some fat, unshaved scum was drinking...unrecognizable stuff, she shook her head. She could take care of herself, as she wasn't one of the most powerful psychics for nothing. Yet, it would have been nice not to be truly alone in the world, to have at least someone she could lean on, someone that saw in her more than just the gym leader and the psychic, but the...person.

Again, the young woman shook her head. It wouldn't help her anything to pity herself. Somehow, she had to survive this night and then, maybe then, everything would look a bit brighter the next morning. After all, the meeting would be over in six days, and then she would be home again, maybe finally able to forget all the nasty incidents and...him.

She had to go back to regularity after all. She had her gym and school to lead and that was enough trouble for her, yet trouble she was used to. She could deal with that. Not with a broken heart, though.

Maybe it had been her fault, her inexperience. She had never been loved before-at least not in the romantic way, for she at least hoped that her parents did love her, even after all she had put them through. Maybe that had been the reason she had been stupid enough to be tricked, to be cheated on. She had no understanding of the ways of love. She was one of the strongest gym leaders-and lacked knowledge of the most essential human emotion. She was truly pathetic.

Even more pathetic was the fact that she was already missing him. And couldn't help but think of him.

"Damn it!" the psychic cursed, kicking an empty can in front of her, so hard it bounced off the bin to her left and flew right into it. She couldn't forget him as easily as she had hoped. Life wasn't just as easy anymore, now that she had a whole bunch of emotions to deal with. Sometimes, she wished Ash had never set foot in Saffron City. Sometimes, she wondered if she had been better off without any emotions.

After all, she had only ended up hurt.

Glancing at the illuminated side of the street, she noticed a lonely bar, its wooden door half open, sending a warm, orange light onto the stony sidewalk. It seemed different from all the other pubs: more friendly, more like home, more...more like something she definitely needed right now. Besides sleep.

Maybe she did need a drink. After all, alcohol was said to make your mind clearer, right?

Glancing to the left and the right, she sprinted over to the entrance, swallowing her fear and hesitance, yet wondering where these feelings even came from. She had no reason to be afraid, no reason to be uncertain-after all, her powers were her safest protection. She could get out of every situation; she didn't need anyone to guard her.

A wall of stale air hit her, smelling of different types of alcohol, wood polisher, and cigarette smoke. Clearly, this was no place she would ever visit if she had her sanity, but right now, she couldn't imagine a more fitting atmosphere. Better than crying into her bed sheets at least. She assumed she should be surprised by her own behaviour, but she wasn't. There were other things certainly more shocking...

Like the presence of Lucian and Claire.

"What...what are you two doing here?" Sabrina asked, walking up to her two fellow trainers and hanging her coat over the backrest of an empty chair, before sitting down on a barstool to Lucian's right.

"Well, what does it look like?" the psychic elite trainer said slowly, downing a small glass filled with an amber-coloured liquid. "Drowning our sorrows, that it!" His voice went through several octaves.

Claire laughed, a high, shaking laugh, mixed with a coughing. She had a colourful cocktail in front of her, even with a small cherry which was nearly covered by blue-white froth in the middle. "But they seem to...to can swim..." she hiccupped, hitting the bar table with her fist. "Another one, please!" The barkeeper, a young, brown-haired man with a small beard, wearing blue-red-white clothes, nodded without looking at her, getting a similar glass and a few bottles with fancy labels and pictures of beaches.

"What sorrows, if I may ask?" Sabrina wasn't looking at Lucian and Claire anymore, rather watching the barman and his mixings. It did look fascinating and she supposed she could have a drink herself, as after all, one couldn't hurt so much and she knew how to restrain herself enough to leave it at that. Now, if she only knew what these names meant, and what ingredients were in them...

"Ah, fickle things, you know, love..." Lucian suddenly sounded as if he had aged fifty years in a matter of five minutes. "We both got turned down." He laughed, a short, empty laugh, closing his eyes and rocking back and forth on the stool, while trying to grab the next small glass with the same liquid. Sabrina was close to helping the poor guy. Yet she did not know if it would really help him if she got the glass for him or if it would be better to pour it into the sink.

Claire nodded, shaking her head as she managed to get her nose dipped into the cocktail. "Lance an-and that, you know, that woman from Sin, Sin, Sinnoh...they were seen together today. Somewhere. Kissing." 'What an... unfortunate coincidence...' Sabrina mused, her mood suddenly as down as Claire's head. Lucian chuckled suddenly, yet sounding as if he was close to vomiting.

"And then both of them break up with us. Funny, not? Just after the battle...just after I'm down already...stupid shippers, messed up our whole plan..." He laughed and grabbed blindly, trying to get the third glass, but all he was holding was the ashtray and he had to thank Sabrina for not getting an extreme case of silicosis.

The psychic gym leader sighed deeply. "Same here, actually... Will cheated on me, too." She looked downwards, at the strained wooden floor and so, she was fairly startled when a hand touched her shoulder.

"You, too?" both Lucian and Claire exclaimed, the former being the one touching her, while the latter rather pronounced something that sounded like 'Youtwo'.

Lucian leaned back, forgetting that the barstool had to backrest for a moment and almost fell down, yet steadied himself sideward at the last second. "You now, eh, know, ehm...we should open up some club, hehe...the leftovers or something." Sabrina sweatdropped, while Claire hit the table so hard with her fist that the glasses clanged and one of Lucian's actually tipped over and fell down.

"Never! I'm no going ta be in the some, eh, same class, no, wait club as her!" she exclaimed while pointing at Sabrina, or at least in her general direction, as it couldn't be made out where Claire actually wanted to point with her whole body wavering.

"No offence, but I don't want, either," Sabrina whispered, not daring to cross Claire's eyes. They had never been on good terms and even though Claire was drunk right now, she wouldn't suddenly start acting all friendly. Maybe she was indeed in desperate need of company, but she wouldn't lower herself to the level of actually trying to make friends with one of her bigger enemies.

Lucian patted her shoulder again, smiling whimsically. "Ah, I can understand what you're going through, we all can, we all can." He sighed and indicated the barkeeper to come closer. "Bring her something, too. I'll pay for it." For a moment, Sabrina wanted to turn down the offer, knowing that whatever she would get now would, for once, be unknown to her and second, not good for her anyway. But then, against her better knowledge, she stayed quiet. What was the point of going to a bar when you didn't even drink? She was there to have some fun, to forget all the pain of that day, and what better resolution was there than drinking? Of course, not much. She wouldn't allow herself to get drunk like both Claire and Lucian were, as her self-esteem, or rather what was left of it, would get in the way of that anyway.

And still, she accepted the drink without even asking what it was. Different from Claire's cocktail, of course, hers was a bright red. 'Like the colour of...' Sighing, she closed her eyes and took a small sip. It tasted sweet, yet bitter at the same time. 'Fitting, very fitting.' She supposed she could get used to this flavour.

~~~~~~~​

Miles away from the debacle that was about to happen, a young girl, barely in her teenage years, bounced along the empty, quiet street, marked with diverse flowers, bushes and trees. A lonely street lamp was the only witness of her joyfulness, or so the girl at least thought.

She held onto the street lamp with one hand and spun around it like in that old movie with the cheesy rain song. Yet she couldn't care less, as after all, she had to show the world how great she felt, how lucky she was, how good everything had turned out. She had the cutest boy in the whole of Indigo in her hands, and no one, absolutely no one, was ever going to take him away from her now. May her friends think now that she was egoistical, keeping Will all for herself, when the original plan had only been getting his mind off Sabrina, and then starting yet another competition for his heart, but who cared? Not her, not her.

She had played foul when stealing Will- though Janine herself wouldn't describe it as stealing, more like getting him back on the right road, and now she played foul by keeping him. So what? Life was never fair, but it was good.

At least for her. Deep inside, Janine knew she had caused some hearts to break that day, but she suppressed these dark thoughts as good as she could, lowering their importance and quantity. Sabrina would get over it, Janine was sure of that. After all, that witch had never deserved him, and she should know that, so it would have been only a matter of time until the right princess for the handsome came and saved him out of the grasp of the witch. She had no, absolutely no right to be sad and depressed now, for their relationship had been anything but real, anything but true love. Janine wondered briefly how a guy as smart as Will could have fallen into such a wicked trap, though she supposed Sabrina's abilities had helped a bit. 'What an unfair trick, influencing him with her powers...that cheater!' Janine grumbled, pressing her fingers together so hard that there was a quiet cracking sound. Janine felt angry, at the same time not knowing who she was angry at. Sabrina, for stealing so much of the time the young ninja and Will could have spent together? Her friends, for choosing her out of pure boredom and fuelling the rivalry between them when it was clear that there could be only one girl winning in the end? Will, for not recognising her emotions earlier? Or herself, for having caused this mess?

Surprisingly, Lance had taken this rather well. Janine put a finger to her chin, recalling the short briefing they had after the battle. Lance seemed...well, rather calm and relaxed, yet with his mind elsewhere. He had this weird, unusual wicked smile, too. As if he wasn't completely himself. But then, Lance often overtaxed himself, so it was probably just his strained nerves playing games with his personality.

Would fit the rumours about him breaking up with Claire all of a sudden and making up to Cynthia, of all the people!

Janine shrugged. Those matters did not concern her, aside from the general topic of breaking up. After all, Sabrina had officially given up Will, or so other sources said, and so, he was free. Free for her, of course. For her only. She had confessed her feelings to him, now she only needed to wait until he would do the same. He still had about six days, and Janine figured that would be enough for the poor, still confused boy to sort everything out and finally see that the right girl for him had always been around, just waiting in the shadows.

Yet, the right girl was not the one waiting in the shadows right now, but rather someone else. Someone Janine knew very well, and respected very much.

"Daughter, I must say I'm deeply disappointed with you." "Yikes!" Janine suddenly let go of the street lamp's post, and landed face down straight on the street walk, embarrassing herself even more. Now her father had seen her singing....

"Daddy- I mean, dear father," Janine bowed, one side of her face still decorated with grey, little pebbles. "It's an honour to meet you here, after..." Koga waved his hand, silencing Janine.

"Cut off the formalities, Janine. I'm here to speak to you both as your mentor and your father." He sighed. "What you've done is wrong. Very wrong."

"What?" Janine didn't really get what she had done wrong. Her father had every right to scold and discipline her, yet she had no idea what it was about now...

"Janine, it's a ninja's rule to play fair. And not to meddle with others' emotions." He sighed. "Love is a very complicated thing; I can imagine that a girl as young as you doesn't know all its subtleties yet. You're still too immature, that speaks for you, so I can still forgive you of many of your mistakes. What I can't forgive, though, is that you deliberately broke up a young, until now very happy couple." His dark eyes locked onto hers, never leaving her and scanning her soul as precisely as an X-ray unit could.

"But, but?" Janine blinked. She would have never thought that her father would try to interfere with her love life; she thought she had at least those freedoms. "Sabrina didn't deserve him! He was always supposed to be mine! My boyfriend!"

Koga sighed. He truly was speaking to a little, naive little child, but then, he should have expected that from his daughter. She still had much to learn to achieve true wisdom.

"And who told you this? Who played the cards of fate and decided that they wouldn't be king and queen of the same colour and symbol? You?" he laughed. But it was a friendly laugh, not meant to make his daughter feel ashamed, even though it was debatable if she didn't deserve that. "Maybe they are meant for each other. How should you know? You only threw yourself right into the mess, not caring about the damage you might cause. Janine, I'm really disappointed with you. Ninjas do not try to steal their beloved ones; they do not destroy steady relationships." He closed his eyes, sighing. After all the scolding, he had to admit that he wasn't all that innocent himself.

"Yet, I feel responsible for this, too. I have watched you, and kept watching for too long, letting things go freely without my intervention. Had I talked to you earlier, this wouldn't have happened."

Janine blinked. "What do you mean, wouldn't have happened?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. Maybe her question would get her father's mind of the discussion, as for now, Janine did feel guilty. She had been reckless and thoughtless.

Koga sighed. "I have been keeping an eye on Sabrina, knowing that after everything she's been through, she might be a bit...emotionally unstable." 'Please bear with me, my dear....I came too late.'

"And?" Janine crossed her arms defensively. No way would she start feeling remorse because of that...witch. Guilt, yes, because her father was angry with her, but never remorse. Sabrina didn't need her apology.

Her father sighed again. "Janine, she is in a bar in downtown Indigo...and drunk."

"Oh..." Knowing Sabrina, this was a grim situation. And suddenly, Janine did feel the whole weight of shame and regret wash over her.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
Years
(Continued)

"A-d-and ya know wha-what? She said I wasn't her first! Whoopey, big deal, I said, no surprise, eh? That girl gets around." Lucian staggered forth and back, the glass in his left hand half empty, but only because half of the liquid had not actually ended up in his mouth, but rather the bar's floor. Yet, that didn't matter, both to Lucian and his body. He didn't need any more alcohol to be kind of high.

And he wasn't the only one.

Claire burped, spitting out some droplets of her drink out at the same time, laughing hard. "Hah! You think Lancy was my first? Never." She paused to take a sip from the bottle itself, not even bothering with letting her drinks getting mixed, rather combining the different brands in her mouth.

"The guy was my...oh dear, I forgot." She giggled whimsically, sniffing at the smoke filled air and leaning back. "I forgot how many boyfriends I had! Yay!" the dragon gym leader laughed again, not even caring about the people around hearing all her private stories when during her soberness, they would be running for their lives by then, fearing Claire's whip.

Now the only thing they had to fear was her breath.

One dose full of Claire's air would probably give one enough blood alcohol to fail a driving test.

"I've forgotten how many boyfriends I had, too~oo..." Lucian whistled, laughing through every second word. "Boyfriends?" Claire tried to stare at him, the emphasis on 'tried'. Just like before, her world was swimming and with her body not under her control anymore, she was doubly disorientated. "You had boyfriends?" she asked, just to make sure she had heard right. Her ears weren't working so well...

Lucian looked at her with a complete lack of understanding."I had boyfriends?"

Claire laughed out loud. "Oh my god, you have short termed memory! Hah, get it, short termed...aw, whatever." She waved her hand when no one seemed to get, or rather, care for her joke.

Lucian still blinked. "What boyfriends?" He looked around the room, as if he was expecting a random guy to lurk around the corner, just waiting for the right moment to glomp him – or do worse, from behind.

"Cut it out, Lucian, you never had boyfriends. Now I wish I never had one, either." Surprisingly, Sabrina sounded much sober than one should have expected from a woman who usually didn't drink much and just had swallowed her seventh cocktail. Or was it the eighth? She had given up counting them....

"You had a boyfriend?" Lucian had obviously forgotten the number of drinks he had consumed hours ago.

"Yeah, I had. A quiet dumb one...dumped me the very second I left him alone. A*shole." Sabrina growled with a tone of voice never ever heard before, before reaching for the bottle of beer Claire had more or less bought for them, which was now standing between the dragon gym leader and Lucian. She had decided that beer didn't taste quite as good as wine or whisky or these sweet lemonade-spirits mixes. The barkeeper, though-that idiot! Refused to give them anymore, so they had to fall back on more old fashioned methods of damaging their brain. 'Imbecile...' Sabrina snorted. 'Thinking he knows us better than we do.'

Obviously, she thought she knew enough about her body to force more alcohol into it than she had drunk in her whole life before, every little drop of it counted in.

"Oh, I never knew," Lucian giggled. "Can I be your boyfriend?" he asked, with a gipsy smile, leaning towards Sabrina who backed away. His sunglasses hanged in lop-sided on his nose.

"Nah," she shook her head. "You have a girlfriend. Or had. Or something. I don't know, damn." She gave off a loopy smile. Her memory wasn't as bad as Lucian's yet. Proof that she was not drunk. Not she. Not the psychic gym leader of Fuchsia.

Oh wait, not Fuchsia. Pewter, right?

"Damn." She couldn't even remember her home town anymore, what a pity. Frustrated, she tried to take a sip from the beer bottle, yet found it to be completely empty already. Growling, Sabrina snapped her fingers, indicating that she wanted another. The barkeeper rolled his eyes, and yet he reached for another brown bottle beneath the bar table. He couldn't allow his customers to get so drunk that it was physically endangering their health, but, that bit of beer couldn't make it worse, could it? And in the end, after all...they did pay. Maybe even a bit more. In their condition, they weren't able to properly see the numbers on the notes anymore, much less count together the bill.

Not even bothering to get a bottle opener, Sabrina used her powers to push away the cap. However, as unconcentrated as she was, she rather managed to make the liquid overheat and it sizzled, dripping out as a yellowish froth at the gap between the cap and the bottle itself. Yet, even that did not trouble the psychic; she licked away the droplets with delight, getting her lips slightly cut open in the process.

Claire sighed and shrugged. "If you're that desperate, you can be my best friend, guy. After all, my last one, ehm...my last one..." She blinked. Something was not right, yet Claire could not put her finger on it. She couldn't put her finger on anything; she was staggering way too much for that. "My last one was weird..."

"Yeah, he was related to you..." Sabrina laughed. Now that was funny, having a relative as a boyfriend…

"Related to you?" Lucian asked, head spinning around, trying to watch the two girls at the same time.

"Yeah, he was my....oh god, what was he again?" Claire blinked and stared at the ceiling. Her family was so damn big... "He was my father's son's brother...oh, no, wait....that's not right. He was my brother's father's son..."

"That's...that's the same!" Sabrina said weakly, the words only forming slowly.

"Oh, yes, you're right, the same..ehm...isn't he my brother's father?"

"You're dating your father?"

"No, no, of course not! Hehe…" Claire giggled. "Then he is my son's brother's father."

"You have a son?" Now it was Sabrina's turn to be slightly surprised. Her mind was staggering, she was fairly sure Claire had no son...or had she? Had she herself any children? Not as far as she knew...but if so, then they were poor to have a mother who was sitting in a bar at nearly three o'clock in the morning. And who hadn't succeeded at all in forgetting her boyfriend...

"Oops...I hope not..." the dragon trainer laughed out loud, hitting the table with her fist. "If I have, though... I don't know about it. Isn't that funny? I don't know if I had a son…and what my boyfriend is…"

"He is your uncle," Sabrina muttered, fairly sure about this. Just as sure as she was that she came from Celadon.

"Well, then my uncle....does that matter?" Claire asked, reaching for the bottle, finding it to be nowhere near her reach. She blinked. She was fairly sure there had just been a bottle of beer next to her hand, but now, it wasn't there anymore. Had it run away? But bottles had no legs, had they?

"It kinda does matter....," Sabrina growled. There wasn't any more beer coming out, and at the same time she did not know how to open the bottle properly..."If you ever want to have children, they're going to be nutcases." Looking around, the psychic finally decided that the edge of the bar table would be sharp enough to cut open the bottle, despite the obvious difference in stability, resulting in the wood's disadvantage and further destruction.

And in a bottle getting split in half.

"Eeeeks!" Lucian cried, in a tone normally not used by any member of a male species, at least not on purpose. His whole jacket was wet now, wet and probably going to be sticky once the liquid dried off. Yet, Lucian was not half as angry as Claire, despite her being nearly dry. After all, she had Lucian who sat in front of her as a living barrier. The few drops that hit Claire weren't nearly enough to be mentioned, but, fuelled with alcohol to the brim; it only took a minor accident to break her loose.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing!" she screamed, waving wildly with her hands. She hit Lucian several times, although all he cared about was getting his hair style right again and cleaning his sunglasses to see at least accurately what was going on.

"Ehm, getting this bottle open?" Sabrina asked uncertainly, while staring unhappily at the half bottle in her hand, its sharp edges grinning at her evilly. No chance of drinking from that bottle anymore...

"Yeah, and getting me all dirty and wet!" Claire growled. It was debatable if the few droplets were even visible without a magnifying glass.

Sabrina thought the same. Yet another proof that she was completely sober. Claire and Lucian were drunk, not her. Never her. It was just impossible for her to get drunk. And she hadn't consumed nine drinks over the span of four hours, no, of course not. And these beer bottles on the floor were just empty by accident, nothing more.

"You want to get in trouble?" Claire's voice was desperately trying to sound intimidating and dark when in really, her vocal cords were close to faltering.

'Aren't I already in trouble?' Sabrina's eyes started to water. She wanted to cry and didn't even know why. No, she wasn't drunk. No, she wasn't missing Will. No, she wasn't depressed. No, she wasn't thinking of death...

No, she wasn't lying to herself.

And she would prove the world that she was capable of caring for herself just aswell. She didn't need anyone.

"Maybe I do." Her smile was evil. She was going to prove her strength. Maybe in an unusual way. Unusual for her. But hadn't she fought with some blonde chick just mere weeks go? And had managed to knock that girl away for a moment? There was something that nagged in the back of her mind; something that warned her not to get herself into this trouble now, for this small piece of consciousness that was left remembered the consequences of said fight.

Yet Sabrina shoved it back, standing up and facing Claire. "If you want to bring it on, then do it right here and now," she said, her voice challenging and, to her dismay, staggering a bit. She wasn't so steady on her feet, too. She did register that it was late and she should sleep, but that didn't matter. Not today, not anymore.

But something unexpected hindered her.

"Girls, stop it." The barkeeper glared at both her and Claire. He was okay with them getting drunk to the brim and more, but not with fighting in his bar. His neighbours had enough of that and he tried to keep a relatively unsoiled image. His poor table was already split because of that weird woman with long hair.

"If you want to fight, then go and leave the area, I don't want to have to do anything with you two anymore then." Sabrina blinked. Had she already sunk that low that she was thrown out of a rough bar? She felt bad...really bad. Something was not right with her. Her head started to hurt.

Sitting down on a chair away from the bar, she held her head with both her hands. She knew without doubt that this was the beginning of a huge headache, one that would probably keep her company for at least one whole day. Just what had she done? She had let herself go, without any dignity limits, without caring about anything, much less her life, anymore. She had managed to show her strength by being the one who ended the relationship, but in doing so, she had weakened herself. Weakened herself so much that she was now sitting in a lonely bar in the dirtiest part of Indigo, drunk and ready to start a brawl.

Grabbing blindly for her coat, Sabrina stood up suddenly, running through the maze of chairs and tables with eyes blinded by unwanted tears. She had to get out of there and that soon. She hit her shin several times, yet forcing herself to bite away any sobs while she just kept on walking. It was almost a relief to breathe fresh air again, falling out of the artificial light and warmness into the darkness and coldness of the still young morning. But only almost. Her emotions were way too stirred up, her mind unstable and wavering, she collapsed onto the street walk just metres away from the bar, in a small, hidden alley, now shrouded in complete darkness because of the lack of street lamps and the moon hidden by clouds shimmering in a milky blue.

Feeling the tickle of tears on her cheeks, she knew she couldn't just lie to herself anymore. It was useless. Her mind didn't let itself be deceived anymore; the tears spoke a clearer language than the powerless words and formulas she had aggregated to save herself. She still loved him.

She still loved him.

And yet it had been her turn to end it all. Because she hadn't wanted to be hurt anymore. Laughing weakly, Sabrina realized the irony. She was hurt either way. Either by the sheer knowledge that he didn't truly love her or by the loneliness she felt. There was no way to get out of this.

In theory, everything sounded so easy. Or what did they say, there are more fish in the ocean? Too bad when you only want one fish and that one has already been caught. Or rather taken right out of your arms.

She sniffed, looking at her surroundings. She was lost. She didn't know where to go to anymore. She didn't know how to get to the hotel anymore. Of course, she could ask her way through the town, but knowing the figures living there, that wasn't the safest of ways. She didn't know if she had full control of her powers yet, so she couldn't just rely on them in case of an emergency. Maybe she should just go back into the bar and spend the rest of the night there...

Or maybe she should stay shrouded in darkness.

~~~~~~~​

Janine was frustrated. She had been running through the streets for more than half an hour by then and still hadn't found her fellow gym leader. The young ninja had figured that Sabrina might have left the bar by now, but she hadn't expected her to walk away so far. Yet that was what it looked like right then. Of course, that talk with her dad was an hour away and Koga had last seen the psychic two hours ago, so she might already be at the hotel.

Janine sighed and stopped, reaching for her mobile phone. She might as well just phone Will and ask him kindly to check the room for her.

The ninja hesitated a moment before touching the button to call up his number with a bit of sadness on her face. She had just phoned Will an hour ago to tell him the truth about everything. How an alliance of several frustrated and rejected girls had formed. How they had thought about separating him and Sabrina. How she had come up with the idea of 'attacking' him with her love and forcing Sabrina to see it. How Karen had agreed to this plan and switched places with her for the battle on purpose. How everything had just been a big farce, a big trick. How much it had hurt.

Shaking her head, Janine dialed in the number. Will had taken it surprisingly lightly, even apologizing to her for not recognizing her feelings earlier, yet again swearing that he loved Sabrina, and Sabrina only. Then it had been Janine's turn to apologize, saying that she had not realized what the psychic gym leader meant to him and what harm she could cause with her reckless actions. Now she knew for sure. This area of Indigo was dangerous and for a woman like Sabrina, who had never been confronted with the lower part of civilization, was probably not able to defend herself right now...

"Yeah?" He didn't sound sleepy at all, rather as if he had been through several bottles of beer himself. Yet Janine knew that was not the case, as he was just extremely worried and stressed ever since Koga had gone back to the league headquarters and told him about Sabrina's situation.

"I couldn't find her yet." Janine bit her tongue, knowing that her own worry didn't help Will at all. He didn't answer. "I thought...maybe you could check her hotel room and see..." "Janine, where do you think I have been for the last hour?" The girl bit deeper into her tongue. "I also thought she would return...Janine..." he sighed deeply. "I have to talk to her once she comes back...or once you find her. Tell her I'm sorry. Tell her I want to speak to her personally. Please." It would be an understatement to say he sounded sad. He sounded more than just simply sad.

"I will, I promise." With that, Janine hung up.

~~~~~~~​

Miles away, a single tear fell onto a red rose. 'Please, be alright, my dear.'

~~~~~~~​

Janine was just about to give up completely when she bumped into Claire. The dragon type gym leader wasn't exactly sober herself anymore, even carrying a bottle of beer in each of her hands and drinking occasionally from each. Janine took a deep breath before she approached the older woman, not only because of her respect, but also because of the smell...

"Ahem...Claire...may I ask you a question?" Blinking, Claire tried to understand the words. It took her a moment- and another sip of beer, to answer.

"Sure."

"Have you seen Sabrina?"

"Hm?" Claire blinked. Who was that again…? "Ah, you mean that psychic...sure. She was out with me and Lucian. Lucian's still in the bar, he sure can take a lot. Ha, ha."

Janine sighed. Why was it that all people were suddenly so embarrassing once they had a drink too much?

"And do you know where she is now?" the girl asked, desperately.

Claire grinned. "Sure." And pointed to the alley next to the bar.

Janine almost wanted to slap her forehead. She had been so close the whole time and had not realized it! "Thanks!" And with that, she spun around the corner, leaving Claire as fast as possible.

Claire nodded. "No problem, whoever you were…"

~~~~~~~​

Just a few rooms away from Will, a young woman was staring out of her window. She wasn't waiting for anything, even though one could expect her waiting for a sign, any special sign, the way she kept staring at the empty street.

In reality, she only liked the night. It was calming her with its quietness and darkness. The night was when she really blossomed, when her beauty shining through all dimensions, when she appeared to be inhuman. At day, she was nothing more than a champion. Nothing more.

At night, she was a goddess.

She closed her eyes. Others adored the title of Pokemon's league champion, would give everything to gain it and may even try to do so again and again. She had achieved it and yet, while she was happy about being a champion and would do anything to defend her position, it wasn't her life goal. There were bigger things in life than that. Goals not based on material sources. She was going for the bigger fishes and she knew how to do so.

Glancing at the sleeping man on the bed, she managed a weak, yet wicked smile. Lance had the scandal he never wished for, and he was blissfully unaware of it. He never had a chance against her. Poor guy.
Pressing her lips together, the woman started to think about her true lover and what he had done. Poor guy. Without her, he was lost. But it was his own fault he had ended up alone. After everything he had done to her…

Shrugging, Cynthia went to her bedside table and reached for her mobile phone. Not her concern. She had to know how sweet Jenny was doing.

~~~~~~~​

"Sabrina?" Janine asked carefully, glancing into the dark alley. Absolutely no light reached the small piece of sidewalk placed between two high houses, so all she could see were faint outlines of boxes and trash containers. She couldn't really make out a human figure, though that didn't mean anything. Everything was so dark.

Sabrina looked up. She had clearly heard someone calling her name, that she was at least sure of. Her ears weren't affected by her thoughtless consume of alcohol, or at least she hoped so. Everything was in a blur, but that was most likely because of the tears she had cried and not bothered to dry. "Yeah?"

Janine felt a ton of bricks breaking down from her heart when she heard Sabrina's weak voice. "Oh, my, god, are you alright?" Slowly, the ninja took a step into the shadows. She reminded herself that she was a creature of the night as well, yet her ninja powers were still...lame, to tell the truth. She was learning, though. She really tried to get as good as her father, but she had a long way to go, she knew that herself. After all, she had been stupid enough to cause this mess. "We were...kinda worried about you." Embarrassed, Janine rubbed the back of her head. She did not know what to say, how to explain everything to Sabrina. Of course the psychic deserved an explanation, she certainly did, but it wasn't easy to give one when you were directly involved.

"Worried about me?" Janine flinched. Sabrina's voice didn't sound as if she believed her at all… "Yeah, right...maybe you noticed my absence during your little dates..." She sighed. "I appreciate that you searched for me, Janine, but I don't think it was necessary. You shouldn't leave Will alone for so long...you two only have a few days..." Her sentence ended in a quiet sob. It hurt to say this, but she had to be at least that strong. Strong enough to show that she would get over this, that she could stand the thought of Will being together with another girl.

She wanted to break down.

And die.

"Sabrina...." Janine grinded her teeth, closing her eyes tightly. A few tears tried to escape her, but she fought them off. She couldn't cry in front of Sabrina, what kind of expression would that give off?! "Sabrina...I want to be honest with you...brutally honest..." Janine sniffed.

Sabrina peeked up. Janine was crying? Something was not right….yet the psychic couldn't find the strength to get up, she felt so weak.

"It was all a lie. Will was never in love with me. He was tricked...I tricked him...it was all a scheme by Claire, and I volunteered to carry it out...Sabrina, I'm so sorry...." Janine shook her head, the tears finally pouring and falling to the ground, moonlight shining in them. The clouds broke apart, revealing a nearly full moon, bathing the two girls in milky light.

Sabrina just stared at Janine, unable to say anything, her mouth and throat completely dry. She felt...she couldn't describe what she felt right now. It was too much. Too many emotions at once. Her heart ached.

"I know we were never really friends...I never knew you truly, no one really did, to be honest...but I don't want to be hated by you now. Please, don't hate me, Sabrina. I was blind...I was stupid...and naive. I thought I could steal Will from you...please, don't be angry at me, Sabrina." Janine nearly cried. "I don't know what true love is, I thought I did, but I don't. I messed everything up. Please, I would do anything to make up for it..."

Sabrina rubbed her head. She had a headache, a really bad headache, and she was tired. She didn't know how late- or rather, how early it was, but she knew she had to get some sleep. And to cure the hangover she was probably going to have.

"Janine...I can see that you're upset, but I think this is not the right atmosphere for a long discussion." She had to close her eyes for a moment, as the world was blurring and she knew she would feel sick if she opened her eyes anytime soon. "Could we please talk this out tomorrow? For now, I don't think I'm in the condition to...to do so." She took a deep breath. As unpleasant as it was, she had to admit now that she needed help... "Could you get me to the hotel? I doubt I can find the way on my own..."

Janine beamed with a weak smile, her cheeks shining."Of course," she smiled. "I'm not a ninja for nothing!"

~~~~~~~​

The brown-haired man sighed. "You know, dude, you really had enough by now. It's four in the morning!"

An angry snort. "I...I had not enough! I know! Another one!" He hit the table with his fist, getting it cut on a lonely cap.

The barkeeper sighed. "Shouldn't you go back to your girlfriend, that Sinnoh champ, Cynthia?"

The man whined. "She doesn't care about me! She has bewitched that other champ, I tell you! In every sense of the word! You have to know! She is a witch!"

"Yeah, right…" The barkeeper rolled his eyes.

Lucian growled. "You don't know. She can make you do everything she wants...she is that evil." He glanced at the mirror at the opposite wall and noticed how similar it looked to the one Cynthia had in her bedroom. Snorting, he turned back to the barkeeper. "I was lucky not to fall under her spell...yet, she could put the whole of Kanto at her mercy with it, and that's what she plans to do so, eh, I know it. She is hiding something from me and all of us!" he declared loudly, changing the octaves several times and glancing yet again at the mirror. Did his eyes lie to him or had Cynthia just appeared there and winked at him? Nah, he must be dreaming...

The barkeeper laughed, with his back to Lucian. "Yeah, right, dude, keep on joking..." He turned around to see the elite trainer lying unconscious on the floor.

~~~~~~~​

"Here we are..." Janine kept her voice down, not only for the masses of people probably sleeping in the hotel right then, but also for Sabrina, whose headache had only worsened over the time of their walk back to the hotel. The woman at the reception desk had been anything but happy about the nightly adventure of those two, knowing that for their prominent guests, she had to be available 24/7. And that included 4 am on a Friday. Yet, when she had to value her sleep over the possibility of losing her job and a shuriken placed on her neck, she rather spend twenty minutes in an obnoxious half-dreamy, half-awake state, searching for the main door keys.

Sabrina blinked, the greyness of everything confusing her. The colours looked off, without any real strength, without any real substance, as if someone had taken a brush and decided to paint everything with water and ash. But that was not the only thing that felt...wrong. Something was there, something that seemed to block her powers. She glanced at the corridor at her left side, the endless row of doors kind of intimidating. A gateway to hell...

Shaking her head, Sabrina got those childish thoughts out of her mind. Of course her powers were weak, as she had literally damped them with all the alcohol she had consumed, and it would take some time for them to recover, just like her body had to recover. She had been thoughtless, very thoughtless. A shame that this had happened to the psychic that called herself the most disciplined...she had to make sure her pupils never got wind of her excess.

Yet, it was crystal clear that at least one of pupils knew about it. She let out a quiet sob. She missed him so much. After the tragedy of that afternoon, she only wanted to be embraced by him, feel his warmth-nothing more, absolutely nothing more. She was just too tired to argue with him, heck, to argue with anyone.

Janine bit her tongue. She knew she wasn't supposed to notice that, but over a great deal of the walk, Sabrina had to be physically supported by the younger girl. Janine's back ached a bit, but she didn't mind. It was the price she had to pay for being quite childish. At least, she had managed to make up for it a bit. Silently, the girl opened the door, glancing over her shoulder. Sabrina had her eyes closed, not paying her any attention. Janine gulped. Her attendance was now over. She had said what had to be said, and it was up to Will and Sabrina to sort everything out. The young ninja hoped they would, could forgive each other. She didn't want to be at fault for a continuous breakup.

"Yeah, well...I'll leave you two alone now," Janine whispered nervously, scratching the back of her head while trying to grin friendly. She wanted to get away as soon as possible, not only because of the influence she might have on a possible argument, but also because she was really, really tired...

Sabrina could only blink weakly as Janine disappeared into the shadows. Shaking her head, she reached for the door knob and pushed the door open. From her position, she couldn't oversee the whole room, yet...she could see the red rose lying on her bed.

Sabrina blinked again, staring at the flower while still standing in the doorframe and not daring to move. Her mind was working slower than usual, but she was absolutely sure she knew about the origin of the rose. There could only be one person, only him...

She gulped and took a step into the room, her eyes fixed on her bed. She couldn't actually believe it...he still cared about her. Of course, there were so many girls he had given roses to, but...this just felt special. Without asking, without reading any mind, she knew he still loved her.

Gracefully taking the rose into her hand and breathing in the fresh aroma of it, she closed her eyes, leaning back almost automatically. She was only startled for a second before relaxing when she felt someone embracing her from behind. "Sabrina..." He kissed her neck gently, still holding her in his arms. "I was so...I can't say how worried I was about you..." She bent her neck to be able to look him into the eyes. He was honest; she could see and feel that, from the faint tears on his cheeks. She traced the line of tears with the rose, her eyes fixed on his.

"It's alright now..." she smiled weakly. "I'm back..." She leaned against him. His warmth…it was back. It had finally come back to her. She felt so calm.

Will had been trembling when he had seen the door being opened. He had no idea how to start the conversation, as he had no idea how to approach her, for he had no idea how she would respond. Again, he was helpless. For all of his life, he had thought that women were easy to handle, and so far, he never had to deal with such a drama. But so far, he had never been truly in love.

He sighed, but tensed the very moment he noticed her slim figure walking into the room, towards the bed. He literally couldn't breathe, not knowing how she would react to his rose. He hoped, he wished she got the message. He didn't know how to form the right words, and not even what the right words were. Actually, it was the second time he felt so helpless, the first time being the day Janine had kissed him in front of Sabrina. Yet, he didn't feel as if he had improved. He was still powerless.

Especially against the addiction he felt towards the other psychic.

Silently, he stood up and wrapped his arms around her, hoping that his embrace would tell her more than a thousand words.

"I'm back..." He smiled at her, wiping a single strand of hair out of her face, staring into her dark, lively eyes.

"And you're drunk..." He had to smile. Seeing his sweet dear this blue was funny and yet cruel, knowing that she wasn't used to alcohol at all and probably would have a hard time dealing with the hangover tomorrow.

"I know..." Sabrina whispered, holding her head with one hand. Will slowly let her sit down, his hands still on her shoulders. She obviously had a headache and he wanted to let her rest.

"I..." He was nervous and slowly sat down on the bed himself, his hands in his lap and his head hanging down. "I guess Janine told you everything...I...I want to apologize...I was too weak to reject Janine. I should have known how much it would hurt you. But I was too weak..." He inhaled deeply, fighting back his own sobs. He had missed her, had thought he might have lost her for good. But she was back... "Please accept my apology...please return to me...please, I....I still love you..." Will was startled when Sabrina leaned to him and silenced him with a soft kiss. Her breath still smelled a bit like wine, but he didn't flinch. He didn't mind. It didn't matter.

She stopped and he could see her tears. "I accept it, Will. I still love you." She let herself fell back onto the bed, her dark hair framing her pale face, the few lines of moonlight shining through the curtains barely reaching it, creating a fascinating game of shadows and lights on her face. Will gulped. She was beautiful...

Slowly, she reached out to touch his face, tracing it with her fingers. Will didn't say anything, for there was nothing he could do but admire her beauty.

"Never leave me, please, Will..." She whispered. "Stay with me."

"I will," he promised, bending forward and kissing her, before closing the door.

End of Chapter 5, Part 2
Can you spell *fanservice*, CPF? XD

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2022
Oh boy, what a chapter. Let's see if I can count down my favorite parts...

10. Clair being the one who orchestrated the whole Will-Janine thing.

9. Koga telling Janine to fix the situation... a great father.

8. Lucian wanting to be Sabrina's boyfriend.

7. Lucian thinking he had a boyfriend in the past... hopefully he was just overdrunk.

6. Sabrina so drunk she couldn't remember her own city's name.

5. Lucian... oh, just poor Lucian, he doesn't get enough torture, does he?

4. Clair's absolutely craziness being drunk, she's the very reason why I stay away from alcohol.

3. Will and Sabrina getting back together... awww!

2. Cynthia wanting more than even Lance... and blaming things on Lucian. She's not a goddess, P*A, she's a queen, get that right!

1. Cynthia's wink to knock out Lucian.

Why would Cynthia be calling Jenny? That's the biggest question I have after this chapter. I never remember everything at once, so maybe I'll review more tomorrow.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
Years
10. Clair being the one who orchestrated the whole Will-Janine thing.
Question to hint make you think about things....do you think Claire will stop her sheme now?

9. Koga telling Janine to fix the situation... a great father.
^.^ I always think of him as the one who watches carefully over his daughters actions and intercepts when she's being too crazy, and generally being much more wiser than her. ^^

8. Lucian wanting to be Sabrina's boyfriend.
He was drunk...

7. Lucian thinking he had a boyfriend in the past... hopefully he was just overdrunk.
I repeat myself...he was drunk. He never had boyfriends. I just included this because I find the various Lucian x other males shippings funny. Do not hate them, just find them funny. Better Lucian than Will.

6. Sabrina so drunk she couldn't remember her own city's name.
Ah, yes, funny part to write, too. Had to include something that showed just how drunk she was.

5. Lucian... oh, just poor Lucian, he doesn't get enough torture, does he?
Nope. Torture in your fic, torture now in my fic...that poor guy keeps getting beaten by Cynthia. XD

4. Clair's absolutely craziness being drunk, she's the very reason why I stay away from alcohol.
Me too. Yet Claire...she seems like the good old drinker kind of girl.

3. Will and Sabrina getting back together... awww!
You better hope so! I wanted it to be as fluffy as possible!
Zammy died here, btw. Too much shipping for his poor heart. *ggg*

2. Cynthia wanting more than even Lance... and blaming things on Lucian. She's not a goddess, P*A, she's a queen, get that right!
Yes, she wants more than Lance 's power and yes, she blames things on Lucian.0=)
In your fic, she's a queen close to being goddess. In my fic, she's a goddess playing the queen. 0=)

1. Cynthia's wink to knock out Lucian.
To be honest, I included this at the very last second, but now I'm glad I did. It helped the plot along and apparently, you liked it as well. *g* Though, can we be sure it was Cynthia that knocked him out and not the alcohol?

Why would Cynthia be calling Jenny? That's the biggest question I have after this chapter. I never remember everything at once, so maybe I'll review more tomorrow.
First, Jenny= Hunter J, of course. And then...Hunter J still hasn't finished the order she has from Cynthia, so of course, the champion wants updates on it. ^^

BTW, for anyone else reading this...apparently, a mistake slipped my beta-reader's eyes. *g* Line in the fic: "This area of Indigo was dangerous and for a woman like Sabrina, who had never been confronted with the lower part of civilization, and who was probably not able to defend herself right now..." Bold words were missing and the 'for' was not supposed to be there. ^^;;;

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2022
So Hunter J's name is actually Jenny? I'm sure that it isn't canon, but you sure you couldn't have come up with a different "J" name for her? Now it makes me confused... and you know exactly what I'm looking forward to in your story. Cynthia, Cynthia and more Cynthia. Maybe a little bit of Lucian too. But mostly Cynthia.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
Years
XD It isn't canon. I wanted to give her a ridicolous, embarrassing name to give her an excuse of using 'Hunter J' as an alias, yet, I wanted to keep the 'J'. And since I knew a blond, stereotypical dumb girl named Jennifer from my old school days, well, the idea of naming her Jennifer was born. =3 Cynthia calls her by her nickname for her because, well, she can. XD!
That, and it's funny how her nickname and the general name of the Officers in the Pokemon world are the same. =3

Yes, you will get more Cynthia. Ever doubted that? *g*

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2022
That's all I ask for, lots of fanservice and lots of Cynthia. I guess that would be a reason for using "J" as a nickname, though I've got a different reason for my J...

delongbi

I C U
Years
I honestly can't believe I just read this, but I'm glad I did. Nice chapter! My nit-picky grammar stuff is mixed with my other comments today... so here we go.

First off, I love the chapter name. =)

"I wish I could believe you, Will, yet what you've done speaks against you."

Mixing up "will" and "but" again. You did it a couple of other times, but I gave up copying them all here. In general, there were fewer of these mix-ups than the last chapter.

It wouldn't help her anything to pity herself.

Pick either "her" or "anything." Using them both sounds awkward.

Yet she couldn't care less, as after all, she had to show the world how great she felt, how lucky she was, how good everything had turned out. She had the cutest boy in the whole of Indigo in her hands, and no one, absolutely no one, was ever going to take him away from her now. May her friends think now that she was egoistical, keeping Will all for herself, when the original plan had only been getting his mind off Sabrina, and then starting yet another competition for his heart, but who cared? Not her, not her.

Yet she couldn't care less; she had to show the world how great she felt, how lucky she was, how good everything had turned out. She had the cutest boy in the whole of Indigo in her hands, and no one, absolutely no one, was ever going to take him away from her now. Her friends might think now that she was egoistical, keeping Will all for herself, when the original plan had only been getting his mind off Sabrina, and then starting yet another competition for his heart, but who cared? Not her, not her.

Changes bolded. That second last sentance is also a run-on. I would break it up somewhere.

What I can't forgive, though, is that you deliberately broke up a young, until now very happy couple

Yeah, Koga!!!

But it was a friendly laugh, not meant to make his daughter feel ashamed, even though it was debatable if she didn't deserve that.

1. Delete the "But." It's usually not good to start sentances with words like "but" "and" "or", though there are a few exceptions...

2. "meant to make his daughter feel ashamed, though it was debatable whether or not she deserved that" I would change it to something like this to make it less awkward sounding.

Sabrina is an awesome drunk, lol!!!

His poor table was already split because of that weird woman with long hair.

Was Cynthia here?!?! Who else has long hair?

Oh, Sabrina does...

Well, you got me excited for a moment...

Cynthia winking. Wow. I agree; I think that was the best part.

Overall, great chapter! I almost cried when Sabrina got back with Will; it was so cute. Now I have to go do work I've been procrastinating... bleh....

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2022
Mixing up "will" and "but" again. You did it a couple of other times, but I gave up copying them all here. In general, there were fewer of these mix-ups than the last chapter.

Actually, she means Will the character, which is why "Will" is capitalized. So probably all those times you saw were where she meant the character.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
Years
First off, I love the chapter name. =)
Heheh, one of my more fitting ones. But don't worry, there will be more of them.
After all, there is an obvious pattern behind my chapter naming *shot*.

It's like CPF said (thanks for the back-up, btw ^.~), it's the name "Will", not the verb. ^^

Yet she couldn't care less; she had to show the world how great she felt, how lucky she was, how good everything had turned out. She had the cutest boy in the whole of Indigo in her hands, and no one, absolutely no one, was ever going to take him away from her now. Her friends might think now that she was egoistical, keeping Will all for herself, when the original plan had only been getting his mind off Sabrina, and then starting yet another competition for his heart, but who cared? Not her, not her.

Changes bolded. That second last sentance is also a run-on. I would break it up somewhere.
*mumbles something about Sabrina not having any friends* Meh, I like long sentences too much. Short ones sound so...unprofessional and child-like. XD!

Yeah, Koga!!!
=3 I see, he's liked by the readers. *makes note to mention him again somewhere*

Sabrina is an awesome drunk, lol!!!
And the other (two) aren't? XD

Was Cynthia here?!?! Who else has long hair?

Oh, Sabrina does...
Well, Cynthia was there, just not in a physical way.

Cynthia winking. Wow. I agree; I think that was the best part.
^^ Thanks for liking it. She has interesting powers, hasn't she? *winks at CPF*

Overall, great chapter! I almost cried when Sabrina got back with Will; it was so cute. Now I have to go do work I've been procrastinating... bleh....
Awww...thanks again for liking this scene! ^^ I loved writing it, literally. Love songs while writing= great help. =3
Good luck on your work. =3

Back