• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
I am no longer active on these forums; if you need to contact me please use e-mail unless your name is Seth in which case please run a virus scan first. I probably won't develop this tool any more, you can steal the code or something.

Works in: Pokemon Gold, Pokemon Silver, Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Fire Red, Pokemon Leaf Green, Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Ruby, and Pokemon Sapphire. (Now dynamic offsets work in Gold too)

Most of the posts on the first page (except this one) that I have made are for the old command-line version.
If you don't have a webkit-based (e.g. Safari), Mozilla-based (e.g. Firefox), or css3-compliant browser, get firefox now as this page's CSS renders well ONLY in one or more of these conditions. If you use, for example, Internet Explorer, it will not display correctly.

Simple Guide Here
Beginners only - PKSV is so much more than this!

Warning: Never use #org $1 (or similar pokescript parlance), as it will write to position 1 in the ROM and corrupt vital data.
Get it at http://pk-script-view.sourceforge.net/.

Simply put, PKSV is a Pokémon Advance script editor. A very good one...
One you will instantly get hooked on - It's only a matter of time before you download!
The package you most probably want is the package with GUI.
Here's how it looks:
20iw1h2.png

Anyone with spare time, a brain, and a sharp eye for bugs can develop it if they want - I give away ALL the source code in the download link!

I have developed this program in my free time because I found that Rubikon and PokeScript weren't advanced enough to suit my needs. This program will also automatically notify you of updates [version data] whenever they're available.

Two of the most unique features about this program:
  • It compiles movements into easy-to-read movement lists, not #raw!
  • It has a built in script generator! (But I'll need some more people to give me ideas about some other simple scripts that I could generate!)
  • Heck, you can even zoom in and out with ctrl+mouse wheel. (Or indeed, ctrl+numpad+ and ctrl+numpad- respectively)

How to install:
Use an unzipping program (if you don't have EITHER Windows XP OR one of these, do a google search for AlZip) to unzip the file you downloaded (usually pksvui_pkg?-?-?.zip).
Unzip it into its own folder and when you are happy with the place you have put it, double-click "AssociateShell.bat" to register PKSV in its current folder with your system.
t67deh.png
Now all you have to do is run "pksvui.exe" and play around!

(If you're interested in how Gold #dynamic works, look here)
Spoiler:

Please reply if you like it!
...or rate this thread, or add reputation to this post, or PM me with hate, or add to my visitor messages.

Tech stuff:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

score_under

Years
This post applies to an OLD version of the program only
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Don't use ScriptEd for ScriptDec

Yeah, l0l.. why didn't you use ScriptEd or ScriptDec then? XD

I don't use any of them because for ScriptEd the text won't show up and for ScriptDec when I type in the offset and type N then press enter it disappears! :( That's why I use PKSV more.

score_under

Years
Please feel free to subtly suggest things you might want to see in a future version of PKSV.

WaterSplash

Common
Years
I understand how to work the program, but I'm not sure how to change the scripts.

When I open it it comes up with a strange black box, then gives a prompt to open the ROM.
After that it asks for an offset. So I put it in and it comes up with the offset I asked for. But then if I hit any button it clicks out.

Help?

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
An offset is the point in the rom where the data you want is stored. To find an offset, go into advance map and click on an event. It should then, in the address box have $XXXXXX.
X obviously being a number. Remember that offset, than put it into PKSV. Then it will decompile the script at that offset.

Years
thanks, never could have guess that stuff. but there is still a problem. it is that when i type the offset, then it will say "enter hex number! (Too late now!) what is that suppose to mean?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back