• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't think that rumour is true, Pokejungle posted a lot of rumours and almost all of them were confirmed false. When gen V was announced, I read that there would be a Tauros evolution, but instead whe got no evo's.

But they should leave Gen I as it is because it is there are enough new evo's made for them and it is just too old. They should focus on Gen IV and V Pokémon.
And III. Not very many gen III pokemon have gotten evolutions except for Roselia, Nosepass,Dusklops and two branch evolutions for Snorunt, and Ralts based on their sex. Electrike could use a final form, if it were to have high special attack combined with lightning rod (if it keeps it) it'll be a power to fear imo.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2013
Pre-evolutions: Tauros/Miltank, Lapras, Kangaskhan, Audino, Tropius
Evolutions: Corsola, Delibird, Audino, Spinda, Pinsir
Link: Luvdisc/Alomomola
Eeveelutions: Ghost, Normal, Steel, Bug, Poison

Years
Alomomola and Luvdisc aren't related...or at least not evolution wish, maybe so by long distant evolution like Scyther and Kabutops (though that's only a fan theory).

Also I think we'll only see two eeveelution though 3 would be nice, they could do Rock,Steel, and Ground.

Years
Not sure if anybody said this yet, but i think this next gen WILL have new evolutions. They do it every other gen.

Years
True every odd generation has lacked evolutions of past mons (Gen 1 by default Gen 3 only had 2 pre evos no evolutions, and 5 none as it was all new) with the evens having the most. I'm hoping for an influx of gen 3 pokémon evolutions so GF can add them to remakes like they did with gen 2's remakes. Of course that'll mean evolution by moves like the gen 2 Pokémon. It'll be nice to see Absol get a signature move that allows it to evolve.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
There might actually be special items that would evolve previous generation Pokémon into the new evolutions in Pokémon X and Y. But yeah, I think they might be bringing in new evolutions from Generation III, but then again... there hasn't been any new ones from Generation IV or V yet. So it would actually be nice to actually see many new evolutions from Generation V Pokémon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
"Hacoiny, the Money Pokémon. This Pokémon is easily mistaken for money dropped on the ground, and has caused many a Trainer to enter into an unwanted battle after an attempt to pick it up."

(Name completely made up.)

Cyclone

That could also work as a pre-evolution of Meowth (COIN INTO COIN-LOVING CAT, TOTAL LOGIC). And I think it would be interesting to use, too!

Years
That could also work as a pre-evolution of Meowth (COIN INTO COIN-LOVING CAT, TOTAL LOGIC). And I think it would be interesting to use, too!
Lol, that would be odd.
I'll like to see a pokemon based on a computer that has become too smart, that's it's gain a mind of it's own.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I've always thought that pokemon like Metagross who is highly intelligent like a super computer had a mind of it's own, buuut heck, it they can have a different branch of Porygon evolutions, I'm up for that. =O

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
A new evolution of Porygon2? Can only be evolved while holding the 'Abandoned File' and trade, so you get a normal/ghost Porygon2 evo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Porygon X & Y > Porygon Z, get it? ;)
Well I don't think there will be two other alternate evolutions of Porygon, but rather something following on from Z would be okay.
A new evolution of Porygon2? Can only be evolved while holding the 'Abandoned File' and trade, so you get a normal/ghost Porygon2 evo.

I like this idea! Or maybe even an ~advanced~ DNA Helix, given what the games appear to be based upon.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Well I don't think there will be two other alternate evolutions of Porygon, but rather something following on from Z would be okay.

I like this idea! Or maybe even an ~advanced~ DNA Helix, given what the games appear to be based upon.
If it's an alternative evolution, then it'd have to be from Porygon or likely Porygon2. Anything following Porygon Z would have to be an alternate form since its the third and final stage in the Porygon line. I do love the idea of a Double Helix evolution item though.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022

That would be great! Perhaps a new Conversion syle move which is signature to the new Porygon evo?

Years
I want a Sableye to evolve! he is cool looking but his stats and movepool are trash. He is honestly one of my favorite pokemon but I could never actually use him. his highest stat is 75...

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I want a Sableye to evolve! he is cool looking but his stats and movepool are trash. He is honestly one of my favorite pokemon but I could never actually use him. his highest stat is 75...

You haven't got around using it with Prankster ability, right?

It's been quite helpful in some OU battles. Can nicely stall via priority Recover xD

But it currently gives 2 Effort points, so pre-evo and evo are both a realistic possibility.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Not possible for lapras since in the aime there apears to be an lapras baby even he's still really big. I think onix is an beter examples.
The games aren't and should never be affected by the anime. Seeing a young Lapras in the anime doesn't rule out the possibility of a Lapras pre-evolution from ever happening.

Back