• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VGC Team Looking To Improve

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2015
This team was made for me and there are things that I just don't understand about it and I could never find the guy on PO again after he gave me the team. Anything that will help is welcome. Also, descriptions aren't my forte so they are really short, so I apologize in advance.

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Protect

Normally lead and combo with this and Whimsy. I love the coverage this thing gets with 2 great stab moves and EQ.

Whimsicott (M) @ Grass Gem
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 80 HP / 76 SAtk / 100 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Beat Up
- Tailwind
- Protect

Tailwind is great but the sole purpose of this guy is to support Terrakion in every way possible.

Zoroark (M) @ Dark Gem
Trait: Illusion
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Sucker Punch
- Low Sweep
- U-turn
- Protect

Besides Sucker Punch and Protect I don't really get this set. I'd love to still use him because SP is killer with Dark Gem but the Naughty Nature and move choices are head-scratches so if someone could explain that would be nice.

Weavile (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
- Night Slash
- Fake Out
- Ice Shard
- Protect

This guy works well with the whole team. Fake Out support is always great and Ice Shard does great in a metagame infested with types with high speed that are weak to it.

Salamence (M) @ Draco Plate
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 160 SDef / 96 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Tail
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Dragon Tail is a bit puzzling because a move that has to go last isn't something I'd want in a Double Battle. Still everything else works great. Salamence has always been a true powerhouse.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 20 SDef / 176 Spd
- Outrage
- Protect
- Return
- Fake Out

I find myself rarely sending him out but Scrappy + Fake Out is really cool.

Again I'm sorry about the descriptions, I'm still new to competitive battling in general.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For Zoroark, Low Sweep is there because it's its only option against Steel Pokemon. U-turn is there for scouting purposes or to get out of the battle if Zoroark is up against one of its counters.

If you still don't get what physical Zoroark can do, maybe you can go to a Special set.

For Salamence, if you don't find Dragon Tail working out for you, try EQ.

Kangaskhan is flat-out walled by Steels. A Fighting or Ground move will help here (Hammer Arm or EQ, with both having their own drawbacks. Hammer Arm slows you down, while EQ also damages your partner, as long as it's not Flying or a Levitator)

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2015
Alright. EQ seems like a better option for Salamence. As for Kangaskan I'll see how Hammer Arm works out. Any other suggestions?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
It seems all of your pokemon have Protect. Are you the type of battler that is offensive and defensive at the same time? I like it.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
I always think Protect is essential in Double Battles.

Yeah it really is, esp for VGC, the other protects are good too such as Wide Guard, and Quick Guard. Honestly Platinum really hit it on the head there with Kang being walled by Steels.

Honestly Salamence, I see more Special because of it's access to heat wave or even running a mixed mence. When I was at philly I saw 2 mences with heat wave, prob mixed. If you went to a regional this is late but could help if your going to nats, I could have a breakdown of mence for you in a PM (:

Back