• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I dont see the purpose of having a rse remake speculative thread if every speculative comment is going to be flamed and treated as ignorant banter.

This is why I don't even like this thread, really. This is the second speculation thread we've had though, and in the first post, I mention I'm looking at this one more carefully than the last, so I'm sorry you came back at a time where I'm "ruling with an iron fist." I honestly don't think I am. Ruling with an iron fist would be me locking this thread and not even allowing for another. The last one just went totally out of line though.

But I digress. Any problems you have with this thread or posts or whatever, please just report it instead of going on a tangent. If you feel that people are being rude, bring it to staff attention and don't call people out on it, cause it could just get messier from there.

Hopefully this will be the last time I have to interfere for a while.

Years
I dont see the purpose of having a rse remake speculative thread if every speculative comment is going to be flamed and treated as ignorant banter. I said that my opinion of the 3ds was an opinion thats all and shouldnt have went further than that. Ive been several different members of pokecommunity for years. I was hacking ruby and sapphire as ghost lugia back in 2005-2006. I forget passwords. And recreate acounts pokecomunity has been a huge part of my internet activity over the years but i never remember it ruling with an iron fist over imaginative creation. It has started tp seem like maybe a vandetta against my theories.
Heres another one for the post though... seeing as how it will probably get beat out of the thread and considered as having no factual barring ( even though speculation is not the same as fact maybe change the thread title to rse remake facts?)
Buttt.... anywho... they implemented a little of rse's music in black in white 2 like pwt and battle points reception jingles
But this also couldn't support my original theory in a speculative format?
Its jibberish right

Yah, they did implement a little of RSE's music into into the Fifth Gen main games. That's a part of the reason why I think a lot of people including myself are/were speculating that RSE remakes would see a release by 2013. However, while there is a lot of evidence pointing towards RSE remakes, I see now that there is even more evidence pointing towards the Next Generation by the end of next year.

From what i'm currently thinking is that they are planning to do a remake soon, most likely for Gen 6, and that Gen 5 had just set up hints for the next remake they plan to make.

To clarify, when I say hints, I mean mostly references of a specific region, person, thing, or idea.

Years
This is why I don't even like this thread, really. This is the second speculation thread we've had though, and in the first post, I mention I'm looking at this one more carefully than the last, so I'm sorry you came back at a time where I'm "ruling with an iron fist." I honestly don't think I am. Ruling with an iron fist would be me locking this thread and not even allowing for another. The last one just went totally out of line though.

But I digress. Any problems you have with this thread or posts or whatever, please just report it instead of going on a tangent. If you feel that people are being rude, bring it to staff attention and don't call people out on it, cause it could just get messier from there.

Hopefully this will be the last time I have to interfere for a while.

Take this as a public apology i guess... i didnt mean to spiral into speech, rereading my rant is a little embarrassing. I just feel like speculation exsist for imagination, investigation, and rumour. I remember back in the day you could spin off some imaginative investigation and it would spark off a plethora of interesting dialogue. Ive been absent. Over the years mostly only becoming active for these types of threads to share my thoughts. But anywho if i offended you i do apologize, it wasnt my intention. I rant alot.

But i can also see others point of view. Maybe it will be on 3ds. I never looked at the ds projections to check and see. Hopefully we can get over this hump of the argument and get back to the goodies. Which is why i am here. I mean i literally restarted my black 2 to recheck for hints and be certain of playthrough dialogue and bring in more hints. I am also pretty sure that the 10th anniversary of rs shortly after the japanese distribution of kyogre and groudon we will get some light on the issue. What do yall think?

Yah, they did implement a little of RSE's music into into the Fifth Gen main games. That's a part of the reason why I think a lot of people including myself are/were speculating that RSE remakes would see a release by 2013. However, while there is a lot of evidence pointing towards RSE remakes, I see now that there is even more evidence pointing towards the Next Generation by the end of next year.

From what i'm currently thinking is that they are planning to do a remake soon, most likely for Gen 6, and that Gen 5 had just set up hints for the next remake they plan to make.

To clarify, when I say hints, I mean mostly references of a specific region, person, thing, or idea.

I also agree. I believe that the part of me that wants a rse remake may ne influencing my view of what im taking as hints. But i dont see another remake happening before hoenn. Sinnoh is too early and kanto is the most nostalgic value game freak has. I see either gen 6 then hoenn or hoenn then gen 6 and then a sinnoh of not a gen 7.
The only things i see garnering a kanto remake ( in my own perfect world) is either a end all video game marking the temporary end of pokemon or a huge leap in system graphics...
Hopefully one day we can get an all region rpg... which is unlikely because the world would have to be bigger on the handheld than skyrim on the platform and skyrim gets buggy on ps3 after 40 plus hours... so i figure thats a long ways away. One can dream though...
It is also impossible sounding because even a n00b will have trained his te tp the 70-80s by the end of the second region

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Take this as a public apology i guess... i didnt mean to spiral into speech, rereading my rant is a little embarrassing. I just feel like speculation exsist for imagination, investigation, and rumour. I remember back in the day you could spin off some imaginative investigation and it would spark off a plethora of interesting dialogue. Ive been absent. Over the years mostly only becoming active for these types of threads to share my thoughts. But anywho if i offended you i do apologize, it wasnt my intention. I rant ?
It's real awesome you apologized , even tho your 100% right.
And unless people speak out its gonna keep up. Because when people rant and flame , its free speech and no big deal but when you bring it up its inappropriate and Unnecessary. Hopefully it gets better tho.

I would love a special edition 3DS to go with the remakes. But only if it comes with a physical game and not downloaded on to the memory card.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I am also pretty sure that the 10th anniversary of rs shortly after the japanese distribution of kyogre and groudon we will get some light on the issue. What do yall think?

The 10th Anniversary already passed. They were released November 21st, so we are almost a month past the anniversary now. Only thing we have gotten so far is potential opening for a new Pokemon. Either another Pokemon Smash or CoroCoro should give us something to look forward to, though one is closer than the other.

Years
The 10th Anniversary already passed. They were released November 21st, so we are almost a month past the anniversary now. Only thing we have gotten so far is potential opening for a new Pokemon. Either another Pokemon Smash or CoroCoro should give us something to look forward to, though one is closer than the other.

I tried to place genesect in my head ( im not sure) but i dont think its been introduced in the anime yet. Then meloetta but meloetta has been introduced in the anime and not the games ( formally that is) i just remember them calling keldeo a new pokemon before they revealed him, even though we all knew about keldeo. I would honestly hate to be wrong after all my persuasive arguing. But i do loveee the idea pf a complete new gen. I was one of the few people who actually welcomed the 5th gen pokemon and enjoyed them ( minus somr lackluster move pools paired with good stats and vica verca) but i look forward to what ever gamefreak has up their sleeve. You have tp admit ( minus the statement that black and white were reboots of the entire series which could explain the splashes of multi regions from the past) that their is a ton of things in bw 2 that seem oddly relevant when compared to rse

It's real awesome you apologized , even tho your 100% right.
And unless people speak out its gonna keep up. Because when people rant and flame , its free speech and no big deal but when you bring it up its inappropriate and Unnecessary. Hopefully it gets better tho.

I would love a special edition 3DS to go with the remakes. But only if it comes with a physical game and not downloaded on to the memory card.

Yeah it just becomes odd when i remember the good ol days you... i guess the shift comes along with pokemon being older their is so many people into it now days. I also hope they come out with a special commemorative system. Kyogre is one of my favorite legends.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I tried to place genesect in my head ( im not sure) but i dont think its been introduced in the anime yet. Then meloetta but meloetta has been introduced in the anime and not the games ( formally that is) i just remember them calling keldeo a new pokemon before they revealed him, even though we all knew about keldeo. I would honestly hate to be wrong after all my persuasive arguing. But i do loveee the idea pf a complete new gen. I was one of the few people who actually welcomed the 5th gen pokemon and enjoyed them ( minus somr lackluster move pools paired with good stats and vica verca) but i look forward to what ever gamefreak has up their sleeve. You have tp admit ( minus the statement that black and white were reboots of the entire series which could explain the splashes of multi regions from the past) that their is a ton of things in bw 2 that seem oddly relevant when compared to rse

I don't see much relevant to RSE with Gen 5 at all actually. Most of what is found is small, barely easter egg worthy from what I see as there are equal amounts of other hints to other regions as well as Gen 5 setting new standards on its own.

As for Genesect, Meloetta, and Keldeo, for the movie Keldeo and Kyurem were said to be new Pokemon when they were only talking about their forms. Genesect and Meloetta were also considered "New" Pokemon because they weren't yet released. All three of them are officially released in Japan with Genesect getting a second release, which happened differently in the last two generations compared to this one.

Genesect's Movie comes out in the Summer, but if Corless in the Anime is studying Genesect, then info about it will appear around January, so other than its official game release, its anime debut will be over with as well. The issue with their argument isn't that the media hasn't covered them yet, its that they have all been released to the public already without waiting for any other media to go with it like Deoxys (FR/LG + Movie) and Arceus (HG/SS + Movie) Genesect so far just gets Anime and Movie even though its released in the games way before those.

This is where the "There's nothing left!" statement comes from and why so many are pineing for next Gen.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
The only things that seem like real, solid hints to RSE in B2W2 are the Aqua/Magma grunts and Reversal Mountain IMO. I guess you could potentially mention the guy that refers to the Mirage Tower too. I want RS remakes so, so, so badly.. but being realistic, it makes more sense for Gen VI to come next and it does seem like Gen VI IS coming next. Logically, it's what Game Freak will do.

If RSE remakes are being released anytime within the next 3 years, then development should already be underway as HG/SS development was from 2006 - 2009. So assuming it takes 3 years, and assuming we'd get remakes around 2015 at the latest then development should have begun. But that's just assuming we'd get them at 2015 at the latest, which I hope is the case as waiting any longer to revisit Hoenn would be very disappointing.

Since Game Freak has had the 3DS development kit since January 2010, they have clearly been working on something that will be released next year. They've had all of 2010, 2011 and 2012 to work on whatever it is and will likely have at least half of 2013 to work on it too so it's clearly a big project that pretty much will have almost 4 years of development by the time its released and it would make sense for it to be Gen VI.

Years
The only things that seem like real, solid hints to RSE in B2W2 are the Aqua/Magma grunts and Reversal Mountain IMO. I guess you could potentially mention the guy that refers to the Mirage Tower too. I want RS remakes so, so, so badly.. but being realistic, it makes more sense for Gen VI to come next and it does seem like Gen VI IS coming next. Logically, it's what Game Freak will do.

If RSE remakes are being released anytime within the next 3 years, then development should already be underway as HG/SS development was from 2006 - 2009. So assuming it takes 3 years, and assuming we'd get remakes around 2015 at the latest then development should have begun. But that's just assuming we'd get them at 2015 at the latest, which I hope is the case as waiting any longer to revisit Hoenn would be very disappointing.

Since Game Freak has had the 3DS development kit since January 2010, they have clearly been working on something that will be released next year. They've had all of 2010, 2011 and 2012 to work on whatever it is and will likely have at least half of 2013 to work on it too so it's clearly a big project that pretty much will have almost 4 years of development by the time its released and it would make sense for it to be Gen VI.

If they have been working on something since 2010 for 3ds than quite naturally it will be a new adventure in a new region, my original argument was that bw2 were rse pre work. Then again it could be that they started an rse remake and put it to the side to pursue greater projects and just raw dumped the little bit of material they had created into bw2 for world expansion ( pwt sprites, music, reversal mountain
) in my mind the former is more likely.
There is just so much going on that looks like hints.
Back when i was reseaching my white and black and found Ns speech about the black and white world turning to grey i could of sworn that it was a hint that the instalment would be grey. I was wrong but even looking back ( this is going out on a large limb here and i dont believe this personally it is just for example sake) that that could have been a hint to team plasma splitting into two factions in the future ( white suits and black suits) and them using kyurem. To freeze unova thus taking a world of black and white and turning it to grey lol

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
You know what was convincing to me that GS remakes were coming back then?

Red gyarados, Jasmine, and the conclusive Johto data in DP.

First because no matter how you look at it, the sole possible intention was to remind everyone of GS.
Second because out of all people that we've seen over the decade, the single known one they put it was a Johto gym leader.
And third because, well holy crap, the evidence speaks for itself.

But still, I wish you could see how many people were saying it won't happen.

Now, we have nothing remotely comparable, but just random inconsistent easter eggs, referring to several games/regions/gens, like is usual for any pokemon game.

However we have serious stuff on the opposite side, the inevitable 3DS changeover and rushed Genesect reveal.

The perfect time for gen VI to enter.

And again, I am excited about whatever gamefreak will do next, and I like Hoenn just like any other region.

All I care about in topics like these, is facts and the direction they point to, and it seems like Im always led to the side that many people don't want to be true.

Of course we can speculative about some RS-related game whenever its time may come, but without knowing much about where pokemon games are headed in general, its not that easy.
I see a DP remake speculation thread just as justified, and immediately see some interesting things to speculate about, especially when the plot was left more open.

lol

Here is a suggestion:
How about we change the thread title to "Future remake/nostalgia-game speculation Thread."?

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Actually now that I think about it seriously for the first time...They might have considered DP sequels and made it easier than the RS mess.

Dialga Palkia and Giratina are a perfect equal trio (unlike the other mascots where the third one is superior in some way), if it wasn't for Giratinas unexpected Forme in Platinum..

When they would get around doing DP sequels, they could easily have Dialga/Palkia as the mascots again, but give them their Formes too, and explore more dimensions similar to the Torn World.

You mean to imply the Distortion Realm by mentioning this "Torn World" thing, right?

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Well the new mystery dungeon is coming out march 24th I believe so maybe a new Japanese game will be release around April or May. I have no reason to believe this would happen, I only mention it because we got conquest less than a week before Japan got BW2. I know one has nothing to do with the other and like game freak said there isn't a pattern they always follow strictly. I just thought it was nice for both the U.S. and Japan to get new games around the same time .

To my knowledge 1st gen remakes were announced September 03 and released January 04
I see no reason they couldn't do the same with the remakes.
Actually if they had a team working on gen 6 for the 3ds I see no reason they couldn't have a team working on the remakes on the DS.

Remakes comes out on the Ds march or April and gen 6 comes out October or November .
It gives vendors an opportunity to sell remaining DS systems. Gives players who haven't upgraded yet one last good game and nintendo would have ONE HECK OF A YEAR LOL. A substantial profits for the 1st and 4th quarter would keep investors happy especially with the Wii U uncertainty. If they actually do this and release a pokemon game on the Wii U early 2014 I can see nintendos stock go up to $30

So if you really look at it from a business standpoint there's really no valid argument against having remakes on the DS and Gen 6 on the 3DS coming out the same year

Of course to accomplish something like this it would of had to be plan well in advanced

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well the new mystery dungeon is coming out march 24th I believe so maybe a new Japanese game will be release around April or May. I have no reason to believe this would happen, I only mention it because we got conquest less than a week before Japan got BW2. I know one has nothing to do with the other and like game freak said there isn't a pattern they always follow strictly. I just thought it was nice for both the U.S. and Japan to get new games around the same time .

To my knowledge 1st gen remakes were announced September 03 and released January 04
I see no reason they couldn't do the same with the remakes.
Actually if they had a team working on gen 6 for the 3ds I see no reason they couldn't have a team working on the remakes on the DS.

Remakes comes out on the Ds march or April and gen 6 comes out October or November .
It gives vendors an opportunity to sell remaining DS systems. Gives players who haven't upgraded yet one last good game and nintendo would have ONE HECK OF A YEAR LOL. A substantial profits for the 1st and 4th quarter would keep investors happy especially with the Wii U uncertainty. If they actually do this and release a pokemon game on the Wii U early 2014 I can see nintendos stock go up to $30

So if you really look at it from a business standpoint there's really no valid argument against having remakes on the DS and Gen 6 on the 3DS coming out the same year

Of course to accomplish something like this it would of had to be plan well in advanced

That depends on when they decide to discontinue them. DS system sales are dropping faster than normal and we aren't getting large shipments anymore. My store isn't carrying DSiXLs anymore either as they were pulled out by Nintendo representatives. As far as I know, for the Wii and Wii U, the Wii is getting discontinues sometime after the holidays are over. I think its usually about 4 or 5 months for main consoles, but main consoles are discontinued soon after the new one is made.

The DS has no titles for 2013. Its not that we are just saying we don't think they'll make any. There AREN'T ANY. Its December and we know of a few games being released up to April from what I remember seeing. We should have information about DS titles if they are making any. Nintendo has been riding the DS series longer than most so it has fulfilled its investment well over and Nintendo is now showing signs of 3DS full support.

As far as Gamefreak is concerned, they were working on HarmoKnight when they recieved the 3DS kit. They have a 3DS game and know how to use the kit so its safe to say they'll start making 3DS games themselves since they've already produced one.

And Nintendo controls our console sales more than we do. They can come in at any day and remove what DS systems we have left to send back for recycling. They do it fairly often and we've had them take away DS systems twice this year, first was when the DSlite was discontinued, second time they came in to take away an old Wii Model we still had and they took our DSiXLs at that point too.

So majority of the statements said here are valid as far as Remakes not appearing on the DS series games is concerned. They can still come out before Gen 6 on the 3DS now that Gamefreak itself is making 3DS games, but personal standpoint, make Gen 6 with 3DS to test how it is then try to make Remakes if they still intend to keep making remakes. We still have no definate proof that they intend to make remakes at all. Unlike Gens 1 and 2, Gen 3 isn't quite needed yet unless Gen 6 removes compatibility with Gens 3-5 which would ruin the point of Gen 5's reset.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
That depends on when they decide to discontinue them. DS system sales are dropping faster than normal and we aren't getting large shipments anymore. My store isn't carrying DSiXLs anymore either as they were pulled out by Nintendo representatives. As far as I know, for the Wii and Wii U, the Wii is getting discontinues sometime after the holidays are over. I think its usually about 4 or 5 months for main consoles, but main consoles are discontinued soon after the new one is made.

The DS has no titles for 2013. Its not that we are just saying we don't think they'll make any. There AREN'T ANY. Its December and we know of a few games being released up to April from what I remember seeing. We should have information about DS titles if they are making any. Nintendo has been riding the DS series longer than most so it has fulfilled its investment well over and Nintendo is now showing signs of 3DS full support.

As far as Gamefreak is concerned, they were working on HarmoKnight when they recieved the 3DS kit. They have a 3DS game and know how to use the kit so its safe to say they'll start making 3DS games themselves since they've already produced one.

And Nintendo controls our console sales more than we do. They can come in at any day and remove what DS systems we have left to send back for recycling. They do it fairly often and we've had them take away DS systems twice this year, first was when the DSlite was discontinued, second time they came in to take away an old Wii Model we still had and they took our DSiXLs at that point too.

So majority of the statements said here are valid as far as Remakes not appearing on the DS series games is concerned. They can still come out before Gen 6 on the 3DS now that Gamefreak itself is making 3DS games, but personal standpoint, make Gen 6 with 3DS to test how it is then try to make Remakes if they still intend to keep making remakes. We still have no definate proof that they intend to make remakes at all. Unlike Gens 1 and 2, Gen 3 isn't quite needed yet unless Gen 6 removes compatibility with Gens 3-5 which would ruin the point of Gen 5's reset.

You've made some valid points sir. I've pretty much given up on remakes being on DS.
Maybe the game could do something special if the 3ds the game is played on is an ambassador

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That would be really cool if they could. Wonder what kinda perks that would bring, though that would make a lot of people angry. XD

What I like the most about putting it on the 3DS is the Spot Pass feature that works even though the game isn't running. With the Rumble Blast I could collect shoppers for it so long as they set up their shops and the data was in their 3DS' Spot pass could do wonders with the Emerald version of Record Mixing and secret bases.

blue

gucci
Years
They wouldn't release both the remakes and Gen VI in the same year, that would just kill sales for one of the games. As for a release, the fact that we're getting the new Mystery Dungeon at the beginning of 2013, that still leaves 9 months for another game to come out and going by previous games it usually takes 4-5 months to reveal the game and release it. What I'm saying is it's just as likely for remakes to be announced around June/July and then following with a Japanese release in November with the rest following in Spring. Then it's just as equally likely to either bring out a whole new game or Gen VI early.. we'll just have to see how things turn out as the months go on really.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
They wouldn't release both the remakes and Gen VI in the same year, that would just kill sales for one of the games. .

I could see your point, but I honestly don't believe that. Demographic wise your point would effect maybe American kids ages 5-14. But people 17 and up would jump at the chance to have two main pokemon games in the same year. Now lets go to japan, RS was a lot of people's favorites so if done right ( wich i see no reason it wouldn't ) it's gonna sell big. Now lets not forget that if gen 6 comes out toward the end of the year it would have better sales because of Christmas ( like it would need a holiday to sell well) so if sales of any game is effected it would be the remakes, but thing is I don't believe that. Show me a person on this site that will be angry the remakes and gen 6 comes out the same year lol I know I'd be happy .

But in all seriousness I understand where your coming from. From a bussiness standpoint it would be risky, there are so many unforeseen occurrences that could happen to affect sales, and I guess there may not be a reason to take such a risk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
3/5ths of Gen 3 were released in the same year. Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Emerald were all released in 2004. FR/LG were released in January and Emerald was released in September. That was an 8 month gap. So releasing within the same year is possible, though like you said it ruins chances for the best sales from business standpoint and this is one of many reasons that Gen 3 had the worst sells of the Pokemon Games.

Though given that the next game would be for the 3DS and the company is doing way more advertising than it did in 2004, the sales could be better than when they were released for the Advance as that was one of the larger reasons that the Gen 3 games sales sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back