• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[LC] Team MagneFoo

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
90aaf7.png
<<Ex-banner
MagneFoo​

Yes the name sucks but thats not the point.

Lc is my favorite tier at the moment, and I have to say, it's like 10x more fun than OU with everyone running the same ****ing Thundurus on every team. Anyways, I've been using this team for a few weeks now and I've gotten considerably successful.

Proof!!!
voa0bo.png

actually peaked 1283 or something but I forgot to take a pic and Heysup beat me now.
------------------
TEAM BUILDING
------------------

Alright, I started the team off with Magnemite and Mienfoo, as you can tell from the title.
Ani619MS.png
Ani081MS.png

I wanted to make it a sand team so I started using Hippopotas and Drillbur.
Ani619MS.png
Ani081MS.png
Ani449MS.png
Ani529MS.png

I liked Cacnea so I added that to my team as well.
Ani619MS.png
Ani081MS.png
Ani449MS.png
Ani529MS.png
Ani331MS.png

I wanted a bulky water type so I added Frillish.
Ani619MS.png
Ani081MS.png
Ani449MS.png
Ani529MS.png
Ani331MS.png
Ani592MS.png

Cacnea wasn't doing so well, so I replaced it with Pawniard.
Ani619MS.png
Ani081MS.png
Ani449MS.png
Ani529MS.png
Ani624MS.png
Ani592MS.png

I was kind of weak to Timburr and other fighting types, so I replaced Hippopotas and Drillbur with Staryu and Drifloon.
Ani619MS.png
Ani081MS.png
Ani120MS.png
Ani425MS.png
Ani624MS.png
Ani592MS.png

I found electric types to be annoying so I replaced Pawniard with Diglett.
Ani619MS.png
Ani081MS.png
Ani120MS.png
Ani425MS.png
Ani624MS.png
Ani592MS.png

I found Scarf Snover doing a number to my team so I changed Diglett to Eviolite Larvesta. I also changed Frillish to Lileep.
Ani619MS.png
Ani081MS.png
Ani120MS.png
Ani425MS.png
Ani636MS.png
Ani345MS.png

And without further ado, let us continue to the team.

------------------
IN-DEPTH LOOK
------------------

Spr_b_5b_619.png
l
Bag_Eviolite_Sprite.png

Mienfoo (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 196 HP / 156 Atk / 156 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Role&Moveset
Mienfoo is simply an amazing pokemon in today's metagame. Fake out replaced Drain punch due to Hi Jump Kick and drain punch being redundant alongside each other. It also provides me with much needed priority. Hi Jump Kick is ridiculously powerful and OHKO's many powerful threats like Scraggy and Munchlax. U-Turn forms the first part of the core with Magnemite. Knock off is a great attack on Mienfoo. With so many eviolite's everywhere, it is significantly easier to deal damage if a pokemon has lost their free boost to defense.

Spr_b_5b_425.png
l
Bag_Flying_Gem_Sprite.png

Drifloon (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 36 HP / 200 Atk / 28 Def / 40 SAtk / 200 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Acrobatics
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Destiny Bond
Role&Moveset
I simply love this Drifloon set. Unburden allows me to use Acrobatics, and at the same time, double my speed. Shadow ball is a reliable special STAB that takes out bulky psychic types, such as Slowbro, which allow me to sweep with Mienfoo. Hidden Power[Fire] replaced Hidden power[Fighting] because Ferroseed was beating me to easily and it still hits steel types super effectively. Destiny Bond is a last ditch move which is mostly used to take out a bulky wall that hurts the rest of the team (such as Munchlax.)

Drifloon is useful for taking out common fighters, especially Croagunk and Mienfoo. He also takes care of Frillish, and he can sweep amazingly well.

Spr_b_5b_081.png
l
Bag_Choice_Scarf_Sprite.png

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
Role&Moveset
Magnemite and Mienfoo form a solid scouting core (similar to Rotom-W+Scizor in OU) and Magnemite can trap Ferroseed who can become problematic otherwise. Thunderbolt provides stronger STAB, while Volt switch allows me to scout the opponent's move. Hidden Power[ Fire ] is mainly for Ferroseed although it hits grass types as well. Flash Cannon is a filler move, but it provides a strong STAB and hits many pokemon neutrally. Magnemite is a crucial part of this team, being able to revenge common sweepers such as Gastly. VolTurn is great in LC, I just have to watch out for Chinchou.

Spr_b_5b_120.png
l
Bag_Eviolite_Sprite.png

Staryu @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
Role&Moveset
Staryu provides solid bulk as well as rapid spin support. Scald provides water STAB and has 30% chance of activating a burn which is nice. Thunderbolt hits bulky waters (see: Frillish) and Recover is instant recovery, which is nice to have on a bulky variant of Staryu. Staryu functions as a revenge killer, and a supporter both at once. Due to high speed, it can get off a rapid spin and start spamming high power hydro pumps. It also allows it to quickly remove pokemon like weakened Elekid or Dwebble from play.

436.png
l
Bag_Eviolite_Sprite.png

Ray Jay (Bronzor) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP / 20 Atk / 148 Def / 4 SAtk / 68 SDef / 48 Spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Flash Cannon
Role&Moveset
Thanks to Ray Jay for providing me with this set. It's an important defensive pivot that allows me to beat Drillbur. Psychic is so it can act as a backup check to fighters in case Drifloon goes down. Earthquake nails the annoying Magnemite who try to take advantage of me. Flash Cannon provides me with the best neutral stab that I can get alongside Psychic and Earthquake.

Spr_5b_345.png
l
Bag_Eviolite_Sprite.png

Lileep(M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP / 108 Def / 32 SAtk / 140 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball
- Recover
- Toxic
Role&Moveset
Lileep is great for taking down Chinchou, Staryu, and co. Energy ball is STAB and is used over giga drain since giga drain is illegal with storm drain. Toxic over Hidden power[ fire] because Scraggy is using me as set up bait too much so toxic cripples it. EVs maximize overall defenses with a little investment into spA. Stealth rock allows me to discourage switching; this is especially helpful since I use a VolTurn core, which naturally causes many switches. As a result, I can rack up SR damage and net KO's easily.
-------------
Conclusion
-------------

I enjoy playing LC, it's a fun tier to play in and there's a lot of competition going on. However, I would like to get better and I hope all of you can help make my team stronger.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read the RMT and have a nice day~

Importable:
Spoiler:

Offensive Threats

dpiconani170.gif
Chinchou
Chinchou is probably the biggest threat to this team. It gets an opportunity to come in on Magnemite, Staryu. my only hope is to revenge it with smart prediction using Lileep and Bronzor.
dpiconani366.gif
Clamperl
Not a threat really, it cant come in safely on any pokemon and has a hard time setting up shell smash.
Ani554MS.png
Darumaka
Hustle hurts, but Staryu and Lileep semi-counter it.
dpiconani084.gif
Doduo Scarf set is the only common set. Magnemite can come in on brave bird and volt switch to gain momentum or KO Doduo. Still a moderate threat.

dpiconani147.gif
Dratini
DD is annoying, but can't really set up on anything except Lileep and maybe Magnemite.
Ani529MS.png
Drilbur
Yeah, **** this thing. It's SD set is ridiculously powerful and it can sweep. I need an answer to this pokemon, and Bronzor is weakened easily.
dpiconani239.gif
Elekid
Bronzor
dpiconani228.gif
Houndour
Pursuit is annoying, but is beaten by every pokemon in my team except for Magnemite and Lileep and maybe Larvesta.
dpiconani081.gif
Magnemite
Mienfoo beats it, Larvesta beats it.
dpiconani052.gif
Meowth
I don't see Meowth much, but Mienfoo deals with it.
Ani619MS.png
Mienfoo
Bronzor and Drifloon
dpiconani077.gif
Ponyta
Staryu
dpiconani137.gif
Porygon
Revenge with Magnemite or kill with Mienfoo
Ani559MS.png
ScraggyMienfoo is my only answer. I want more insurance on this threat.

dpiconani459.gif
Snover
Scarf Blizzspam annoys me, but Bronzor is a hard counter.
dpiconani434.gif
Stunky
Semi-annoying, but is dealt with by Mienfoo.
dpiconani276.gif
Taillow Magnemite

Ani532MS.png
Timburr
Drifloon
Ani629MS.png
Vullaby
Magnemite
dpiconani360.gif
Wynaut
Annoying but can be beaten by Drifloon. Shadow tag ftl :[

Defensive Threats

dpiconani436.gif
Bronzor
Magnemite traps, and it can't get through Staryu.
Ani546MS.png
Somewhat troublesome, but Mienfoo's U-Turn beats it.

Ani557MS.png
Dwebble
Beaten by Staryu

Ani597MS.png
Ferroseed
Trapped and KO'd by Magnemite

Ani592MS.png
Frillish
Staryu beats it, and so does Magnemite and Drifloon.

dpiconani449.gif
Hippopotas
Sand is annoying, but Hippopotas is beaten by Staryu.

dpiconani345.gif
Lileep
Beaten by Mienfoo fake out+drain punch

dpiconani446.gif
Munchlax
Beaten by Mienfoo Knock off+ Drain Punch.

Ani619MS.png
Mienfoo Drifloon Bronzor

dpiconani299.gif
Nosepass
Mienfoo and Staryu both beat it

dpiconani137.gif
Porygon
Porygon is beaten by Mienfoo

Ani616MS.png
Shelmet
A big defensive threat, beaten by Drifloon and KO'd by Magnemite

dpiconani079.gif
Slowpoke
Staryu and Drifloon and Lileep

dpiconani072.gif
Tentacool
Staryu and Magnemite beat Tentacool. Staryu can spin away tspikes

Ani629MS.png
Vullaby
Staryu and Magnemite both beat it. Staryu has natural cure and Magnemite is immune to toxic.

Last edited:

KinokiGaming

"The only Trollzama."
Years
Just saying, finally someone that plays LC here. ^-^ (Or i'm completely wrong, and everyone here does some sort of LC.)

There is a huge Grass Weakness (Staryu, Diglett, and Frillish) to your team like Tangela, Scarfed Bulbasaur, and Mixed Snover. Magnemite's Hidden Power Fire isn't going to do that much to these threats. Something in consideration would be this:

355.gif

Duskull (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Atk / 36 Def / 40 SpA / 120 SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
-Shadow Sneak
-Ice Beam / Icy Wind
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp

This is a set that can either be your Support or Tank. Works both ways. I would replace Frillish because of this statement.
The most shaky pokemon on my team, Frillish. I feel like Frillish is redundant alongside Starmie, as both function as bulky water types.
Duskull also takes down your main threats. You can switch in when Scraggy tries to Drain Punch / Hi Jump Kick you and screw him with Will-O-Wisp. Drilbur will also be taken care of when Duskull Ice Beams while it SD's. You need an Ice Move also take care of your Grass Weakness.

marcc5m

what
Years
There is a huge Grass Weakness (Staryu, Diglett, and Frillish) to your team like Tangela, Scarfed Bulbasaur, and Mixed Snover. Magnemite's Hidden Power Fire isn't going to do that much to these threats. Something in consideration would be this:

Tangela is banned.

And hey I'm not the only LC player here.
...Except I'm probably the only Wi-Fi LC player here.

Dale

Captain Ressentiment
Years
Go for a Donphan if you want a good ground type, or Flygon (although I don't know if these are allowed or not).

EDIT: Realised what LC stood for. Go for Phanpy and Vibrava, Phanpy is quite tanky, while Vibrava has plenty of advantages, such as plenty of different types of attacks (Flying, Ground, Rock, Fire?, Dragon?). Seems like an alright team (and it seems you got the Mienfoo 'build' from Smogon, so that should be good) though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
Go for a Donphan if you want a good ground type, or Flygon (although I don't know if these are allowed or not).

EDIT: Realised what LC stood for. Go for Phanpy and Vibrava, Phanpy is quite tanky, while Vibrava has plenty of advantages, such as plenty of different types of attacks (Flying, Ground, Rock, Fire?, Dragon?). Seems like an alright team (and it seems you got the Mienfoo 'build' from Smogon, so that should be good) though.

Vibrava is umm, a mid evolution aka its not allowed in lc lol

Phanphy, while a good pokemon, doesn't achieve the same goal I want to achieve the same goal I want with Diglett and frankly just doesn't fit well. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Kinoko, I've found that Duskull just doesn't work and that Bronzor works better, which I've been using to more success. Thanks for the suggestions and pointing out my grass weakness, I really appreciate it.

Anyways, I made a ton of changes since I last posted so I'll update shortly.

Back