• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Pokemon Sapphire log #2

Well... I spent all day today playing so far and logging EVERYTHING down. So i was uninstalling a program I had and it unfortunately forced shut down and I lost everything i logged for today. So here is a summary.

After many tries I beat the Mauville gym, taught Psychic to Metang and continued on. Beat the grunts on Mt.Chimney, and got to Lavender. Beat the 4th gym and got the go-goggles from May. Made it back to Petalburg and beat that gym easily too. I got surf from Wally's parents and taught it to Zigzagoon. I surfed my way through all the routes and got back to Slateport where i headed back to Mauville and went east. I beat all the grunts at the weather buidling and got a Castform. Oh! Also i caught a Pelipper and taught it fly once I beat May heading toward Fortree. I beat the 6th gym easily since I had the Devon scope. I continued on and now I am in Lillycove. I beat May at the Department store and now that is where I am.

Headed out of Dept. store didn't buy anything. Went down Route 122 to get to Route 123 before I head into the weird ghosty place.. A little bit of training is always helpful. Headed into Mt.Pyre now, picked up rare candy, Phillip is level 61 now.

Battling the grunts up top now. Swept everyone inside the mountain. I'm planning on teaching Metagross/Phillip, Shadow Ball, and Brick Break. So then he will have Rock Tomb, Shadow Ball, Brick Break and either Metal Claw or Meteor Mash. Think I'll keep metal claw. I just taught him Shadow ball, so now all we need is Brick break.

Just went back to the Dept. Store to sell some things. Just flew down to Slateport now to stop Team Aqua! Just flew back to Lillycove city, now I'm in the Aqua Hideout to fight some grunts, and get a Master Ball! Even though it's useless, hey! why not!

Beat all the grunts time to head out for Mossdeep! Also, got a Master Ball! On route 124 now, fighting all the trainers.

Made it to Mossdeep! Just got Dive from Steven too. Got a net ball and Super Rod as well. Heading into the gym now. This gym may be difficult because the gym leader is a double battle. And the only other Pokemon I have are lv.10 HM slaves so it's basically a 2 on 1 battle. I don't expect to win on the first try though. Anyways on to the trainers.

Beat all the trainers. On to the leaders. Wish me luck...

Wow. Forgot I had Shadow Ball. Swept the gym leader no problem. Damn. Well that is 7 badges done! Here I come 8!

Surfed through route 127/128 I don't remember it's name. I also caught a Tentacool for dive.

Used Dive and got into Seafloor Caverns. Here I come grunts >:)

Beat the grunts now in the deeper parts of the Cavern with all the mist. Also, I got Earthquake. I don't think I'll use it much, but eh. It's still good to have.

Just beat Archie. Swept him easily. Phillip is at level 65, getting closer to 70! Went through the whole Maxie/Archie event. Now heading towards Sootopolis!

On route 129 now fighting the trainers. On route 130, doing the same. Route 131, same old same old.

Welp, I made it to Pacifidlog Town. I always get lost trying to find Sootopolis! Finally made it to Sootopolis!

Met Wallace, now heading into the Cave of Origin. I don't have anyone who knows Flash so looks like getting around may be difficult. I forgot it's just like a spiral, that was easy.

I got Waterfall and taught it to Tentacool too. Now fighting Kyogre just gonna catch it with my Master ball because why not. Caught it, and made it out. Also I got Brick Break. Now time for my final badge!

Just beat all the trainers in the gym! The only thing I am worried about is his Milotic. The rest shouldn't be bad. swept him just like the rest. Nothing to worry about in there! Now, with all 8 badges. The elite four better prepare themselves. But first! Victory road :/

Making my way to Ever Grande now, fighting a ton of trainers on the way too.

Made it to Ever Grande. Elite Four, here I come...

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon Sapphire Log #3

This will be the last log.

Just made it onto Victory Road, hate it, but I gotta beat it.

Made it through Victory road pretty easily. Battling Wally Now. Destroyed Wally no problem. Here I come Elite Four!

Just healed up, gonna blow my money at the mart. I'm gonna need A LOT of Hyper Potions. Well, i bought everything I needed. I deposited all my HM slaves in the box so its just me and Phillip. Just like it was from the start. He is a level 71 Metagross, that has a move set of Brick break, Metal Claw, Rock Tomb, and Shadow Ball. Here I come Elite 4!

ELITE 4 SIDNEY (Dark)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Strategy: I'm planning to just head on leading in using Brick break on everything. Brute Force... My favorite.

*Also Phillip's Clear body ability prevents stats from dropping like from Intimidate. Very useful.

Result: Completely swept him. Didn't take any f=damage except from a fake out by Shiftry. Not gonna heal up at.

ELITE 4 PHOEBE (Ghost)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Startegy: Sweep with Shadow Ball. The only threat i can see is her Dusclops which knows Earthquak. It probably wouldn't kill, but I still don't like it.

Result: Pretty good. Took a bit of damage since Shadow ball didn't kill Sableye in one hit, and she healed a few times from that but other than that. It went well. I'm still not gonna heal. I'm gonan try to go without healing. A challenge within a challenge.

ELITE 4 GLACIA (Ice)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Strategy: Nothing should pose a threat so I'm gonna use Metal claw since it has a lot of PP, and save Brick Break if I need it for the champion.

Result: Not to hard. Walrein did put me in the red zone with HP though. But I just used a Max Potion and swept the rest.

ELITE 4 DRAKE (Dragon)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Strategy: Defiantly will be the hardest. Flygon especially, I have nothing super effetive against it and one of them knows Flamethrower. I should be able to one shot Salamence and Altaria with Rock Tomb though. So here I go.

Result: That was scary. The Flygon never used Flamethrower which is good and I killed it in 2 hits. The other I destroyed with a Crit, so it was a OHKO. The Salamence though, had Flamethrower, and forced me to heal. Other than that, I made it out alive. Now for the champion.

CHAMPION STEVEN
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Strategy: He has a mix of Pokemon here. For Skarmory, Rock Tomb. Aggron, Brick Break because it is also a Rock type. Same with Cradily. Craydol, Shadow Ball because it is part Psychic to. Armaldo, Brick Break. And finally for the epic head on head battle between Phillip and Metagross. Guess i'll go with a Shadow Ball. This should be fun.

Result: That was AWESOME! The Skarmory took about 4 Rock Tombs, I destroyed Claydol. His Metagross used Earthquak which forced me to heal up two times. And everythign else i swept. And that's the game.

So I beat Pokemon Sapphire with just a Metagross. I started with a Beldum and me and Phillip grew closer together :D We grew together, and overall this was an awesome experiance! Did i mentio nthis was my first Solo run? And it went well! There were some up and downs but overall me and Phillip Made it!

FINAL STATS:
Level: 75
Ability: Clear Body
Moveset: Shadow Ball, Brick Break, Metal Claw, Rock Tomb
Progress: Beat the game
Challenge Type: Single Run, not an Ultimate run.
Time: 26:29
Name: Jake
Trainer ID: 26383

Thank you for reading so much! I had an absolute blast! Maybe I'll do it again next time. Bye everyone! :D

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
Hello! I'd like to try and attempt at this.
Username: paragonProtaganist
Pokemon: Ampharos
Challenge: Ultimate
Game: LeafGreen, Silver, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, X

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
Username: jmacc
Pokemon of Choice: Gengar
Challenge: solo
Game(s): Red

I made him a level up evolution through pokemon randomizer if thats not cool just tell me?
And can i do ultimate with out doing pokemon X/Y because i dont own a 3ds and dont plan to?

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Add Pokemon X to my challenge with Hitmonlee
Sorry but I can't find your name in the challengers list so I have no clue what challenge you're talking about.

Username: jmacc
Pokemon of Choice: Gengar
Challenge: solo
Game(s): Red

I made him a level up evolution through pokemon randomizer if thats not cool just tell me?
And can i do ultimate with out doing pokemon X/Y because i dont own a 3ds and dont plan to?
Using the randomizer to evolve is cool. As for your other question the answer is no, completing Pokemon X or Pokemon Y is mandatory for the ultimate challenge. If you're not planning to get either of the games but still want to play kanto through unova then I suggest doing a bunch of single challenges.

Also to everyone who haven't added ether Pokemon X or Pokemon Y to their Ultimate Solo Challenge, the deadline has passed and your challenge has been taken out of the challengers list. All completed games will be treated as singles. If you ever plan to add the games to your challenges in the future you must post a new sign-up.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
Hey, would you mind if I just did a Mareep run until the future games? Turns out, I can't evolve him in Leaf Green without the National Dex.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
Got two badges down beat brock and misty
Gengar lvl: 38
Lick
Confuse Ray
Night Shade
Hypnosis

Beat rival on S.S. picked up hm01 got an hm slave now working towards third badge

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Here is a Plusle solo for emerald.

B3lmMty.png
5tSM83w.png
bRxPDFl.png

Spoiler:

Tek

Years
Well a couple weeks ago I started a Vibrava solo run just for fun, might as well make it official!

Username: Tek
Pokemon: Vibrava
Game: FireRed
Mode: Single

Here's the highlight reel (First Update):
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
I know it's a little early for an update considering I only received the Boulder Badge, but I'll post one anyway because I predict this would be the hardest part of the run.

Spoiler:

Sorry that I can't post pictures, still haven't met the minimum post requirement yet. But gosh, at the end of the battle with Brock, Lux only had 1 PP left for tackle and 9 HP. He is currently level 21.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
Challenge:
Spoiler:

I'm kind of busy on the moment, so my Ultimate goes somewhat slower now. Anyways, I just defeated Burgh.

Pokémon White screens:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
Years
Ah, solo run. Haven't done one of these since Crystal. May as well do the same one I did a few years ago.

Username: LucarioPWNS
Pokemon of Choice: QUILAVA
Challenge: Single
Game(s): SoulSilver

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #3: Tyranitar - Leaf Green
Another Solo run completed. Like I said before this one wasn't too hard, but I still enjoyed it.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
248.png

Tiny the Gentle Tyranitar (M) @ Lv.86
Ability: Sand Stream
Crunch
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Shockwave

Update #3: Chesnaught - X
There wasn't much to do in between gyms, so I progressed fairly quick. The next update might be a bit slower as the whole Team Flare - Xerneas thing is coming up.

Team:
652.png

Chester the Quirky Chesnaught (M) @ Lv.58
Ability: Overgrow
Item: Lucky Egg
Poison Jab
Bite
Seed Bomb
Body Slam

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I am the TROLOLOL GUY (insert BLANK STARE smiley face here)

Username:HunterLee2600
Pokemon of Choice: Tepig
Game(s):White

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
Challenge:
Spoiler:

Elesa was easier than I thought, regarding her type advantage. Anyway, done that.
EDIT: And of course Clay's gym got drowned as well.
ANOTHER EDIT: ...and Skyla was easy too! ^_^
YET ANOTHER EDIT: And hell, I've always thought Ice resisted Water.
YET ANOTHER EDIT AGAIN: So hey, I just defeated all the gyms. ^_^
YET STILL ANOTHER EDIT AGAIN: I got through Victory Road. I'll probably make a new post when I defeat the Elite Four and Champion, since I have things to talk about and - seriously, this one is going the wrong way..

Pokémon White screens:
Spoiler:

Because everything was decapsed in Generation V, I renamed SEABUBBLE to SeaBubble.
1j9h8o.png

Status after Clay:
ddoyrl.png
bdp0g4.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
Here we go
~
first badge
wM2PHsR.png

~
Second Badge
AOrAE52.png

3BGYqMC.png

~
Third Badge
oZyrYl4.png

CBtz4oM.png

~
Fourth Badge
GUt9UdE.png

~
All I got so far
Gengar AKA Hades: Lvl 52
Lick
Dream Eater
Mega Drain
Hypnosis

Last edited:

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Username: Arceus Whisper
Pokemon of Choice: Tynamo
Game: Black
I hope this will be as challenging as I'm thinking it will be :D

EDIT: Wanted to update before I went to bed so I wouldn't forget
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
you know... if every foe in a 6-on-1 double battle has a supereffective move, it is... hard. REALLY hard. L60 at L45s and still can't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back