• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

B/W Season Splash

Years
This script imitates the feature from Pokemon Black/White which shows an image when you first start up the game showing whichever season it is.

Put this in a new script section above main:

Spoiler:

Make 4 new images 480 x 320 and put them in Graphics/Pictures/

autumn.png
summer.png
winter.png
spring.png

Then just run the game and test it :D
Credits to me please if you use this.

If you like this script and would like more, check regularly on my site http://www.planetdev.ihubhost.net (Temporary free domain)

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
great script

Great script man, i'm defenetly going to use it in my game :classic:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Why do you spend half the script deciding what day it is? There's already a def that does that in Essentials (pbIsWeekday), and you don't even use the information anyway.

And as for seasons, there's a def called zodiac in the newer versions of Essentials which takes a date and decides which zodiac number you're in. You can just lump 3 of those together and call it a season. However, if you need to have it stand-alone, why not use a single variable instead of four switches to store the season in (not to mention copy-paste-modify the zodiac def to apply to seasons instead, which would take up less space)?

This script could be optimised a lot.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Why do you spend half the script deciding what day it is? There's already a def that does that in Essentials (pbIsWeekday), and you don't even use the information anyway.

And as for seasons, there's a def called zodiac in the newer versions of Essentials which takes a date and decides which zodiac number you're in. You can just lump 3 of those together and call it a season. However, if you need to have it stand-alone, why not use a single variable instead of four switches to store the season in (not to mention copy-paste-modify the zodiac def to apply to seasons instead, which would take up less space)?

This script could be optimised a lot.
I think he made it for his own Kit first, which isn't made from Essentials. Not sure, though.

Years
Me2Hack is right, it was made for my Kit, so the information is used in that.
I'm using switches as it's easier for newbies to understand, rather than seeing if a variable = 2 or whatever, it's easier to check if a switch named Summer is on.

I just forgot to take the Days out, that's all.

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
Does this script do anything aside from show an image when the game starts up? As in, would it be possible to have different maps for each season (as in, the same town/route with snow and such)?

Years
No, it only displays the image of the season.
If you want a script to change the tileset, then Help-14 released one a while ago in this forum.

Back