• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dawn in the Sonic universe?

Swampoleongaurdian

Team Galactic Member
Years
Sorry...

As stated previously by Valentine-who has been incredibly helpful to you so far-those don't matter in the least. You're stealing a character created by someone else, and no matter what the story of this fan fiction is you did not create this character, and need permission to use it.

This baffles me... So if I decided to create a fan fiction using your real life self as a character-same name/physical characteristics-and mis-represented you, that would be just fine and dandy? Because it is a fan-fic, right!?

*nose starts to bleed* Pressure... to much... *dies*

*Real me comes in* Honestly, Dawn the rabbit is Dawn of the pokemon series soo... Do I really need permission if this is a fanfic, I mean, Sonicangel probably isn't going to use Dawn the Rabbit in the her fanfic anytime soon, and as I mentioned before:
"The design for Dawn the is different"
As in, I may of not have had the idea first, but it doesn't mean I need permission. I got the insperation for this idea from her picture.

And also, All that e-mail and DA membership stuff is too much work anyways.;)

Sorry for being so immature those other times, I was sorta grounded from electronics, so I kinda was sneaking on.:nervous:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
*nose starts to bleed* Pressure... to much... *dies*

*Real me comes in* Honestly, Dawn the rabbit is Dawn of the pokemon series soo... Do I really need permission if this is a fanfic, I mean, Sonicangel probably isn't going to use Dawn the Rabbit in the her fanfic anytime soon, and as I mentioned before:
"The design for Dawn the is different"
Yes.

If you still don't think so - read all of the posts again - even the green text by Valentine - and you *should* arrive at the same conclusion that yes; yes you do need permission.

Never mind the design differences for the idea (which is by far the core thing here) being copied. Basically, you're saying, for example: 'if I took the Simpsons and tweaked each character a touch such as by giving Homer a beard and Marge green hair, then I don't need permission!' Which is just plain wrong. The fact that this is for a fanfic and came form a picture of a character and so forth changes nothing about this fact.
As in, I may of not have had the idea first, but it doesn't mean I need permission. I got the insperation for this idea from her picture.
But you do need permission. *points to previous posts* And your inspiration is more than that. You're using her character - someone else's idea. And that requires permission. Heck, many courses at school teach you all about this - it's nothing made up or new, you know.
And also, All that e-mail and DA membership stuff is too much work anyways.;)
... good luck getting any help then, if you're so lazy as to not spend 5 mere minutes to do it. Five! Too much work? Sorry, but you just refuse to get it, and it's just plain laziness.

But I can't help but think that the same messages have been repeated over and over again, and you just want to ignore advice. That with the business that you claim it's too hard to send an e-mail, when you need it and all as well to be on these forums... =/ In which case, good luck with getting any help, or avoiding trouble. If you can't be bothered spending 5 minutes to get permission, the idea will fall apart, really. It's the only way I see this going.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Uh. I didn't tweak the character Bob. or bill. or whoever you are so stop that!

You gave her different ears and put her tail in a different place. Otherwise, she's the same. So... yeah. Pretty much tweaking there.

Otherwise, bobandbill's pretty much right about permissions, and if it really is too much work for you to get an e-mail account and spend a minute writing a message to her (as in, no, you don't even need a dA account, as multiple people in this thread have said repeatedly that you can easily find her e-mail address), then maybe fanfiction, which is far more time-consuming and takes a lot more effort, isn't for you. =|

But given the fact that you have two other ideas -- which, honestly, I think are a lot more interesting -- an easy way to avoid the entire argument is by not pursuing this one at all. Still, just remember that, yes, in some cases, you do need to get permission because the internet is a very overdramatic place.

Swampoleongaurdian

Team Galactic Member
Years
End Thread

You gave her different ears and put her tail in a different place. Otherwise, she's the same. So... yeah. Pretty much tweaking there.

Otherwise, bobandbill's pretty much right about permissions, and if it really is too much work for you to get an e-mail account and spend a minute writing a message to her (as in, no, you don't even need a dA account, as multiple people in this thread have said repeatedly that you can easily find her e-mail address), then maybe fanfiction, which is far more time-consuming and takes a lot more effort, isn't for you. =|

But given the fact that you have two other ideas -- which, honestly, I think are a lot more interesting -- an easy way to avoid the entire argument is by not pursuing this one at all. Still, just remember that, yes, in some cases, you do need to get permission because the internet is a very overdramatic place.

I'm just not gonna do this *sigh* *Goes into a corner and sulks*

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Yes, exactly, I'll just do it on another site, Preferably on one where it is likely very few people know about deviantart
Where in the world did you get that from Valentine's post?!

Spoiler:

It doesn't matter where you post it, you still need permission from the person who created the original concept, you're just being immature and stubborn by refusing to take five minutes and attempt to contact this person.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
you're so lazy as to not spend 5 mere minutes to do it. Five! Too much work? Sorry, but you just refuse to get it, and it's just plain laziness.
Not only that, I put links to everything he needs!

Yes, exactly, I'll just do it on another site, Preferably on one where it is likely very few people know about deviantart
So, let me get this straight. You're not willing to take a few minutes, only going to pages I've linked for you, in order to do the right thing and get credit; however you are willing to take the time searching for another forums, only to take the same time to register that you would have to, were you to join Deviantart, all so you can instead do the wrong thing and not confront Sonicangel? (Not to mention, you will need an e-mail address to register for any forums existing on the Internet. There's no getting around it, so you'd be doing more work to do the wrong thing.) O.o That makes sense...

Last edited:

Swampoleongaurdian

Team Galactic Member
Years
Not only that, I put links to everything he needs!

So, let me get this straight. You're not willing to take a few minutes, only going to pages I've linked for you, in order to do the right thing and get credit; however you are willing to take the time searching for another forums, only to take the same time to register that you would have to, were you to join Deviantart, all so you can instead do the wrong thing and not confront Sonicangel? (Not to mention, you will need an e-mail address to register for any forums existing on the Internet. There's no getting around it, so you'd be doing more work to do the wrong thing.) O.o That makes sense...

>.<

The only reason I'm not going to do this idea is the feedback I'm getting so could you please stop posting. :(

And please don't comment about my reason it's just it sounds like the lot of you (besides Valentine) have been complaining

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
Oh for heaven's sake...Look, Swampoleongaurdian...I'm going to say this slowly, since you clearly didn't understand every time someone else said it:

1, Let's imagine that you do a little drawing of, say, a Pokemon trainer. Maybe give him a little bio. Because you're pleased that it looks quite nice, you post it on the internet so other people can admire it.

2, You then find out that someone else has basically stolen your character and put him into a story on another forum. Quite possibly, they've made him act in a way that you don't like (They might, for example have made him into a bit of a jerk, when you had him down as a quite nice guy).

3, You politely ask the writer of the story to either give you credit or take down the story.

4, They refuse, sulk and go and repost the story somewhere else after you report them to the forum staff.

Now, think, how would you feel? Probably pretty damn bad, right? That's EXACTLY how the creator of Dawn the Rabbit would feel. Its VERY easy to ask her and its not going to hurt you because, let's face it, she has no reason to say no.

Seriously, just imagine how you would feel if you were in her position :\

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
And please don't comment about my reason it's just it sounds like the lot of you (besides Valentine) have been complaining

Swampoleon, I've been saying the exact same thing they've been saying. =| No permission = character theft = bad idea due to drama on the internet. That and getting permission = easy process that should take you less than a half an hour. And it really doesn't matter where you post this fic. It's still got the same basic problem.

But to make things a bit clearer... *motions to Screw the rules's post* That. Couldn't have put it better myself, there.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I understand what I must do now.

EDIT: I have sent an e-mail to Sonic Angel. I told her all about this, and even linked to this thread. Foremost, I asked her for permission to use Dawn the Rabbit. Swampoleon, I did this myself because this has gone on long enough and I will not let this happen without permission.

Last edited:
Back