• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The TRIPLE THREAT Challenge! [REVIVED]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
"Geronimo"

I had actually started this a while ago, using an emulator on my phone, I was doing the Ultimate Challenge with Vaporeon, Ampharos, and Arcanine. I was browsing games on my phone the other day and came across my save file on my Crystal game.

I don't know if this will count, as I don't have my screenshot to prove it, since I cant screenshot on my phone with that, but I defeated Red tonight, with my level 50 Arcanine, level 49 Ampharos, and level 49 Vaporeon.

It took Vaporeon absorbing ALL of Espeon's psychics, Snorlax's Body slams, and Snorlax's snores. Once I got to Charizard/Blastoise/Venusaur, it was all over but the crying. Used probably close to 30 Hyper Potions and 15 full restores.

Gonna move on to Fire Red now.

So, I guess I should do an official sign up:

Name: Darkhelmet
Game: Ultimate (Crystal just completed, Fire Red next)
Team: Ampharos, Vaporeon, and Arcanine

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Name: ShinyRed
Game: SoulSilver
Planned Team: Feraligatr, Nidoking, Tyranitar
Ultimate?: No

Got anything else to say?:

Geronimo

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Gary has been defeated in Fire Red! God the fast forward button on VisualBoyAdvance makes these runs so fast, I really should stop abusing it lol 700% speed is nothing to joke with. In a matter of 3 hours, I went from finishing the Pokemon Tower in Lavender, to League Champion

Can't post links and images until I've made more posts, will edit them in when I get there.

Final Team vs Champion Gary:

Sheep-eh, Male Naughty Amphoros level 50
Ability: Static
Thunderpunch
Thunder Wave
Brick Break
Strength

ButtStalyn (Hurray for Borderlands 2), Male Quiet Vaporeon level 53
Ability: Water Absorb
Acid Armor
Aurora Beam
Surf
Bite

Prof Barks, Male Naive Arcanine level 51
Ability: Intimidate
Bite
Extremespeed
Flamethrower
Dig

Thing I learned, as much as I love Vaporeon, I've never had to seriously use it as a tank, and good lord, can Vaporeon tank. With acid armor, he was taking attacks from pokemon 5 levels above him for 15 damage to his 200+ HP.

Last edited:
Years
Name: TheRealDylanator
Game: Yang White
Planned team: Gallade, Feraligatr and Weavile. (Just 'cause I like 'em, they may suck but so what?)
Team name: Unstoppable force!
Ultimate: No
"GERANIMO"
I'm putting it as a LP on my channel, same name.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
Name: Rarevalo92
Game: Emerald
Planned Team: Swampert, Cacturne, Solrock
Ultimate?: No

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
The Triple Threat Challenge Emerald: Update #1

My choices: Swampert, Solrock, Cacturne.

Progress:
Spoiler:

My Team:
Spoiler:

The Triple Threat Challenge Emerald: Final Update

My Choices: Swampert, Cacturne, and Solrock.

Progress:
Spoiler:

My Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 22, 2022
Name: IronLee
Game: X
Planned Team;
- X: Tyrantrum, Clawitzer, Pyroar