• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If you're battling competitively, Cute Charm could be quite useful. If your opponent's using a male Pokémon and your Sylveon is female, it could cause your opponent to switch out and think of a different strategy. It would've been better if Sylveon had Natural Cure, though, so that it could heal all of its status conditions when it is withdrawn. Since its eyes are purely blue, it also would've been good if it had Tinted Lens. ^^"

Years
If you're battling competitively, Cute Charm could be quite useful. If your opponent's using a male Pokémon and your Sylveon is female, it could cause your opponent to switch out and think of a different strategy. It would've been better if Sylveon had Natural Cure, though, so that it could heal all of its status conditions when it is withdrawn. Since its eyes are purely blue, it also would've been good if it had Tinted Lens. ^^"
That's the problem! Many abilities that rely on making contact are kinda lame, competitively or not competitively, such as Static, Poison Point, Flame Body, ... Cute Charm is even worse, because it needs, in addition to making contact, the foe to be the opposite gender... Many competitive Pokémon are genderless!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Serene Grace, Natural Cure, or a cousin of Fairy Aura would be nice on Sylvy. I think it will possibly have Serene Grace as well as one of Gen 6's new abilities.

Are you talking about as a Hidden Ability or main ability? Eevee Evolutions only get 1 Main Ability and we know that to be Cute Charm now. Which is really funny because it practically destroyed any real competitive use for Sylveon. She'd still be used, but nearly as much since she can't really defend herself. Switching in against an opposite gendered Pokemon could help, but the other Eevee Evolutions have better abilities.

Hidden wise, I dunno I feel as if they'd still shaft her horribly and give her another completely useless attack.

Years
Err... I am Slowpoke and I know it!
Cute Charm huh... poor Sylvy cursed for being cute... Well, I guess its Hidden ability will be one of Gen 6's... or maybe Serene Grace, hopefully...

Years
Are you talking about as a Hidden Ability or main ability? Eevee Evolutions only get 1 Main Ability and we know that to be Cute Charm now. Which is really funny because it practically destroyed any real competitive use for Sylveon. She'd still be used, but nearly as much since she can't really defend herself. Switching in against an opposite gendered Pokemon could help, but the other Eevee Evolutions have better abilities.

Hidden wise, I dunno I feel as if they'd still shaft her horribly and give her another completely useless attack.

Eeveelutions always tend to get one main ability, and also one hidden ability starting from 5th Gen. I know Cute Charm means Sylveon will be slightly useless in the higher tiers in the competitive metagame, since the ability itself is reliant on luck and the opponent needing to be an opposite gender, but Sylveon still gets overshadowed by the slightly better abilities the other Eeveelutions have (I'm looking at you, Magic Bounce Espeon) but let's hope it gets a usable hidden ability.

Years
I was 100% sure that the shiny Sylveon would be blue. I like it, I'm going to find a shiny Eevee now so I can have a shiny Sylveon in my team lol :)

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
It's cool that Sylveon is another bulky eeveelution. I tried to calc its HP stat based off one of the YouTube videos with it having 106 HP @level 30. The output came to be base 95 (with 31 IVs in HP) to base 110 (with 0 IVs in HP). This is just for those who are into calc'ing stats before they are revealed. :]

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Ozzy mad. Ozzy smash.

I don't like Cute Charm for Sylveon at all haha - it's a waste of a perfectly good Pokémon to give it such a blasé ability like that. Sure it could be useful once in a blue moon, but I was really hoping for something a bit more threatening to lead the Fairy-type revolution. Shiny Sylveon is a great reveal though; the blue is so pretty on him and the eyes look utterly fabulous against the new colour scheme.
Was that a pun referencing both Sylveon's shiny colouration and its ability to use Moon Blast? {XD}

I love both its shiny and dislike the idea of it having cute charm, too. To speculate on what it's ability might be based on previous patterns...

• The Kanto eeveelutions all have abilities which give them immunities to their respective types. In the dream world, all their abilities are related to status conditions.
  • The Johto eeveelutions have Synchronize. Their hidden abilities have no pattern.
  • The Sinnoh eeveelutions have weather-related abilities for both their abilities.
So it's worth mentioning that the kanto eeveelutions do not have Static/Flame Body, which are abilities that activate 30% on contact like Cute Charm. I believe that they'll have a lot more new fairy-related abilities, perhaps one which Sylveon will be granted immunity.

It's cool that Sylveon is another bulky eeveelution. I tried to calc its HP stat based off one of the YouTube videos with it having 106 HP @level 30. The output came to be base 95 (with 31 IVs in HP) to base 110 (with 0 IVs in HP). This is just for those who are into calc'ing stats before they are revealed. :]
I'm really happy that Sylveon is going to be bulky. :D My greatest question is whether it'll be a physical of special attacker. We already have more special-attacking eeveelutions, despite the fact that fairy seems to be more fitting for special moves (like Moon Blast and Fairy Wind.) But that video you're talking about showed it using Drain Kiss, which dealt a lot to Politoed.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope that Sylveon is also an attacker and not just another special defender like Umbreon...however I guess after six eeveelutions they have to do another for a certain stat (one of the sinnoh's shares their highest stat with another forgot who, hence why I said six rather than seven plus I'm not counting Sylveon either hence why I didn't say eight).

Years
I hope that Sylveon is also an attacker and not just another special defender like Umbreon...however I guess after six eeveelutions they have to do another for a certain stat (one of the sinnoh's shares their highest stat with another forgot who, hence why I said six rather than seven plus I'm not counting Sylveon either hence why I didn't say eight).

I think that Sinnoh Eeveelution you were talking about is Glaceon, who shares Espeon's highest stat which is Special Attack. But yeah I'm hoping Sylveon can primarily be an attacker with high Special Defense as shown in the recent videos, more likely special-based since it was using Moonblast and Fairy Wind which are presumably special-based as well. But as far as attacking stats go, I bet it would have higher Special Attack.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys, I know some people have already talked about Sylveon and how to evolve Eevee into it. Well if the rumor about Pancham is correct and it evolves into Pangoro while a Dark type is in your team, maybe it is the same way with Eevee and Sylveon.

So maybe if you have a Fairy in your team and level Eevee at a certain level, maybe it evolves into Sylveon. I don't know if any one has suggested that already or not, so sorry if you have.

legendarypokemon

He has multiple Personalities
Years
Dont know how much you guys have talked about evolving eevee into Sylveon, but i have some theories.
Shiny Stone
Dawn Stone

Well, only 2, but how likely would it be for it to be dawn stone? If it were dawn stone, we could possibly have a ghost type as well evolving with the dusk stone.

Just a thought.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't think Sylveon will evolve by stone. The evolving with a fairy type Pokémon in party actually sounds likely. It could be justified by saying Eevee absorbed some of the magical power radiating from the fairy (in your party) and evolved into Sylveon.

Years
I would like the day and night evolution to be altered.

Day, Night, and Morning

Umbreon - 8PM - 4AM (8 hours) Night
Espeon - 4AM - 8PM (16 hours) Day/Morning

Slyveon should be morning. That is from when the moon is still up in the early morning, until the sun rises.

It should be something like this, 8 hours each:

Espeon 10AM - 6PM
Umbreon 6PM - 2AM
Slyveon 2AM - 10PM

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Dont know how much you guys have talked about evolving eevee into Sylveon, but i have some theories.
Shiny Stone
Dawn Stone

Well, only 2, but how likely would it be for it to be dawn stone? If it were dawn stone, we could possibly have a ghost type as well evolving with the dusk stone.

Just a thought.
There's a tradition that pokemon can never evolve with a method which was available in a previous generation. Well not never... I think there were a couple like Piloswine or Lickitung, which evolve with AncientPower/Rollout through level-up, despite knowing these moves in Gen III.

However, this is the reason why Eevee did not evolve with a Leaf Stone into Leafeon... because using a Leaf Stone in the old games never worked, Gamefreak didn't want to contradict its canon. This is also the reason why pokemon need incenses to produce new baby pokemon introduced.

I would like the day and night evolution to be altered.

Day, Night, and Morning

Umbreon - 8PM - 4AM (8 hours) Night
Espeon - 4AM - 8PM (16 hours) Day/Morning

Slyveon should be morning. That is from when the moon is still up in the early morning, until the sun rises.

It should be something like this, 8 hours each:

Espeon 10AM - 6PM
Umbreon 6PM - 2AM
Slyveon 2AM - 10PM
I really like this idea. :D This is the favorite theory that I've heard of. (I'm really hoping that Eevee doesn't evolve into Sylveon only if it's female with Pokemon Amie, or whatever.)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
There's a tradition that pokemon can never evolve with a method which was available in a previous generation. Well not never... I think there were a couple like Piloswine or Lickitung, which evolve with AncientPower/Rollout through level-up, despite knowing these moves in Gen III.

However, this is the reason why Eevee did not evolve with a Leaf Stone into Leafeon... because using a Leaf Stone in the old games never worked, Gamefreak didn't want to contradict its canon. This is also the reason why pokemon need incenses to produce new baby pokemon introduced.

I really like this idea. :D This is the favorite theory that I've heard of. (I'm really hoping that Eevee doesn't evolve into Sylveon only if it's female with Pokemon Amie, or whatever.)

Well in the demo we had a Male sylveon so no need to be female to evolve Sylveon.

Years
So Pokemon X and Y are just a month and a half away! So before we get the official stats, here's what I think Sylveon's base stats are:

Hp : 95
Atk : 60
Def : 65
Sp Atk : 110
Sp Def : 130
Spd : 65

If you haven't realized already, I'm using the stats they always use for Eeveelutions:
1 stat : 130
1 stat : 110
1 stat : 95
2 stats : 65
1 stat : 60

Hp(95): At Lv 30 Sylveons HP is 103. Since there's no nature that decreases HP, a base stat of 110 or 130 would be far higher than 103 (Lv 30 Pokemon with base stat of 110 = 106)

Atk(60): This was all that was left. D:

Def(65): I do think Sylveon would be bulky, but more specially defensive as you'll see why.

Sp. Atk(110): I'm kind of iffy about this one. I DID think Sp. Atk would be 95 while HP was 130, but after finding out Sylveons HP couldn't be that high, Sp. Atk would only fit under 110. It COULD be 65 while Def is 110, but then that would be the same as Umbreon, and this makes more sense. Also, it's rumoured Draining Kiss's base power is 60, and Sylveon used it against a Politoed and dealt massive damage. Then again Draining Kiss sounds physical so who knows.

Sp. Def(130) : Sylveon took a Life Orb, Stab, Critical hit Hydro Pump in the rain with about half HP. Since it's HP is 95, it's special defense is DEFINITELY high, my guess is 130. I doubt it being Sp. Atk : 130 while Sp Def : 110 as we already have 2 eeveelutions with Special Attack as their "130" stat.

Spd(65) : With Trick Room up, Politoed attacked before Sylveon, meaning Sylveon is faster. Politoed's Spd stat is 70. However, since Politoed was on the team who used Trick Room I believe it had a Speed Hindering nature. Seeing as though Sylveons HP is 95, I doubt (As much as I would love it) its Spd would be 110 or 130, but IF it was, then it would be 110 while its Sp. Atk would be 65.

Thoughts?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Hp(95): At Lv 30 Sylveons HP is 103. Since there's no nature that decreases HP, a base stat of 110 or 130 would be far higher than 103 (Lv 30 Pokemon with base stat of 110 = 106)

Sp. Def(130) : Sylveon took a Life Orb, Stab, Critical hit Hydro Pump in the rain with about half HP. Since it's HP is 95, it's special defense is DEFINITELY high, my guess is 130. I doubt it being Sp. Atk : 130 while Sp Def : 110 as we already have 2 eeveelutions with Special Attack as their "130" stat.

That sounds about right. I remember watching that clip and later reading posts about it in a different thread. Most members came to the conclusion that Sylveon will have a high Special Defense stat. About the other stats, ¯\(°_o)/¯

Back