• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Worried about the new pokemon designs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibi_glaceon

Creature Catcher
Years
Now, Pokemon X and Y are coming out, in my opinion, I'm kind of worried about what the new Generation 6 Pokemon will look like. Now Black, White, Black 2 and White 2, had some good pokemon designs, although some of them looked terrible in my opinion. Names as well...so I wanted to hear some other people's opinions about the pokemon's designs. ^^ (I AM NOT hating on the pokemon designs...I just don't seem to like them as much as the older generations.)

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
That's a rather popular opinion, though, isn't it? Lots of people aren't too keen on the newer designs and that's alright because we're all allowed to like and dislike what we want.

However, it's definitely not worth worrying over the unknown. I have faith in GF and I believe that they will present us with a good, solid list of new Pokemon. For every Heatmor, there is always a Lilligant.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Well everyone's entitled to their opinions. I personally thought Gen V had some pretty solid designs. At first I didn't like alot of them , but now after playing the games, they've grown on me. Now I have alot of favorites such as Braviary, Scrafty, Krookodile, Carracosta, Joltik, Litwick, Whimsicott, Volcarona, Bisharp, Hydreigon, Sawsbuck, Lilligant, Joltik and there's probably more. They felt different to em at first , but new Pokemon always seem to do. Though I think every gen has some bad and odd designs in it.

Now for Gen VI, looking at the starters and new legendaries, I think so far there's some pretty well designed Pokemon. I personally think Xerneas and Yveltal are the best designed box legendaries since Gen II and the starters are better looking than gen IV and V's starters. Though that's all just personal opinion.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'm not worried since I loved a lot of the 5th gen designs. Plus all five of the 6th gen pokemon seen so far have solid designs.

If anything I might be a little concerned on how the move to 3d will effect the pokemon designs, if at all.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I think the starter Pokémon in Pokémon X and Y are so cute. x3

And I think the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal are actually quite good designs, I like them more than the ones in Generation V.

It'll be interesting to see what other new Pokémon will come up. Either way, I'm sure the designs would be rather nice. ^^

And I really don't see any problem with the names either.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Going to close as we hardly know any 6th gen Pokemon designs (it seems a bit early to say you don't like sixth gen designs based on 5 Pokemon, isn't it?), and said Pokemon have their own thread in which people are discussing them:

Starters: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=294275
Legendaries: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=294278 b

Also another thread for people to say what they would want them to look like here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=294313.

So hence closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back