• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Has there been any hamster pokemon yet? Maybe that could be the new rodent...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The only real use for a ROM that I use is when the Japanese version of the game has been released and then there's a 6 month wait for an International release and even then I try to avoid them.

With Pokemon X & Y being released everywhere within the same month, I don't really see the need of using a ROM when you could go out and buy a copy unless you don't own a 3DS and/or would rather play it on an Emulator.
Not to mention that asking for help to get a ROM of a game that is not even released yet is probably something not discussion-worthy. I will concur there's no reason for a ROM in the first place; even my purpose (making maps) cannot ever happen unless that mode of play is somehow ARed.

Cyclone

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
One things for sure, the following rodents we haven't gotten as Pokemon are hamsters, guinea pigs, capybaras, and kangaroo rats.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
And making it a Dark/Flying-type, since both male and female have kind of black and grey feathers, and in their nature... they tend to be rather sneaky. So it would be perfect for it to be a Dark/Flying-type if one was made. ^^
Well, we already have Murkrow, and that got an evolution in generation 4 even, meaning it wasn't totally forgotten and chances are they won't be repeating a typing like that 2 generations later imo. :x Some typings have to remain unique!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

But that isn't a unique typing. Vullaby/Mandibuzz?

I believe you are correct. Maybe saying that the Larvesta line is unique would have been better. But I agree, some types should remain special.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
RIGHT WELL Murkrow actually looks like that so my point... remains somewhat because they look similar and thus should have unique typings IF they look similar. :3

blue

gucci
Years
Murkrow is based of a crow, although it would probably have similar colours, it still could potentially have a different design.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I wouldn't mind a special return, and a physical HP wouldn't be too bad either. Although, I'd rather them just leave it as is. I don't want every Pokemon to have acsess to a 70 BP move of any type, and I wouldn't fancy even more Pokemon switching in and out. If they did I'd be cool with it, it's not that big of a deal, but I'd rather not.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I want special Return, ya, but physical Hidden Power probably won't happen, unless it's for fighting really, because it's a hidden "power", which'd imply not actually... attacking the mons physically. :x

Guy

just a guy
Years
If we get a special based Return, then can we get a special based Frustration too?

I want special Return, ya, but physical Hidden Power probably won't happen, unless it's for fighting really, because it's a hidden "power", which'd imply not actually... attacking the mons physically. :x
I wouldn't say the word "power" implies to not being physical. Since it is possible for one to be physically powerful or have a physical power / strength. Perhaps the alternative move could be something like Secret Strength or something with a much better name than that.

Guy

just a guy
Years
One thing that comes to mind, however, is that there are a lot of decent to pretty good physical hitters that have such a poor physical attack movepool. While they're able to learn some great special attacks, they just don't have the stats to back it up. I feel like there needs to be a larger [and stronger] variety of elemental attack moves for Pokémon like this.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
One thing that comes to mind, however, is that there are a lot of decent to pretty good physical hitters that have such a poor physical attack movepool. While they're able to learn some great special attacks, they just don't have the stats to back it up. I feel like there needs to be a larger [and stronger] variety of elemental attack moves for Pokémon like this.

Wigglytuff and Dusknoir are good examples of this~

I'd like there to be stronger special moves too. But maybe not so widespread that every single special-oriented pokemon can learn it, but at least for the jack-of-all-trades and master of none pokemon. Like of course, Wigglytuff and Dusknoir.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Give random mons things they "need". Like... give Scizor Stone Edge FOR VOLCARONA. Totally needed. :3

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Nooooo. We need something to kill that hunk of junk, don't take away my Volcarona!

As for pokémon getting things they NEED, nothing comes to mind before Flareon. I don't think it will be given anything though - I don't see any reason for GameFreak to be nice to it after five generations of making life for it as difficult as possible.

Outside of that? Give a few more Flying / Bug types Hurricane. That move is severely under-distributed.

blue

gucci
Years
They need to give some of the Bird Pokemon Acrobatics, i.e Swellow, Pidgeot, Unfezant etc. I can't see why they aren't able to learn it tbh ;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back