• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

doctor-who-logo-2-693x274.png
"I am definitely a mad man with a box!"
— The Doctor, Season 5, Episode 1
Welcome to the Doctor Who fanclub!
This is a club for all discussion of Doctor Who - from "One" to "Twelve", from "Classic Who" to "2005 Who", from TV to audio dramas, Sarah Jane Adventures to Torchwood, anything and everything. Considering the incredible expanse of just the main TV canon, people are going to have a wide variety of preferences, experiences, and opinions. And that's fantastic! Remember that even though we may not always see eye-to-eye, we're united in love of this wonderful production. Doesn't matter how many times you've seen an episode, doesn't matter how much or how little you remember of events. If you love Doctor Who, you belong here.
"You have the guts to do what's right, even when everyone else just runs away."
— Rose Tyler, Season 1, Episode 13
Rules and Resources
Please follow all PC and FG&C rules! Like I said before, this club will probably be home to a fair amount of differing views; please respect your fellow club members and their opinions! Even if you disagree, do not use derogatory language, insult, or attack other members. I retain the right to evict people from the club if foul behaviour is a problem.

"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important."
— The Doctor, Season 6, Christmas Special
Club Membership
Please fill in the form below to join in. After that you can just start chatting away about Doctor Who!
Favorite Doctor:
Favorite Companion:
Favorite episode:​

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"
— The Doctor, Season 5, Episode 13
CSS originally by Peitharchia. Opening post content originally by Aquacorde.
For any questions in regards to this club/thread/post, please contact the owner: adventure.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Oh yes please! May I suggest a topic of your favorite regeneration of the Doctor?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Sure, I forgot topic and new fan applications as well.

So far out of all the old doctors, my favorite has to lie somewhere between Pertwee and Davison. Baker is an overrated doctor, brilliant mind you. See pertwee is the perfect older doctor, sophisticated, wisened but full of life, where as Davison is the perfect young guy doctor, all over the place and quite a fancy dresser I might add. Some of my favorite old who moments belong in both of their runs, even if most of the old stuff is sublime.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Username: U_Flame
Favorite Doctor: David Tennant
Favorite Companion: Hmm, toughie. I'd say Amy and Rory. Or just Amy.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Now that the form is there

Username: Jake♫
Favorite Doctor: Tenth - David Tennant
Favorite Companion: Rose

The only old doctors that I've seen are Baker and Davison, and I did enjoy them both. I just really need to go back and watch some more of Classic Who. New doctors it's easily Tennant. Although Eccleston was my first and I enjoyed him thoroughly, I feel like he was too rage-filled from dealing with the Time War and it took away from his likeability. I feel Tennant was just the perfect Doctor, and Matt Smith is pretty good as well, but I don't think he lives up to Tennant's legacy.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah, Tennant was amazing. Only thing is he could have been better if he didn't have RTD. Not saying Moffat, cause while he does do some great stuff he's a walking retcon machine, but someone other then RTD. Eccleston was the same issue too, unfortunately.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Ah, I'm definitely joining here! :D

Username: Alakazam17
Favourite Doctor: David Tennant
Favourite Companion: Martha Jones

I started watching Doctor Who a few years ago when my then roommate introduced me to the series. I had already been a fan of Torchwood(seeing Martha there first), and I had no idea it was a spinoff until my roommate told me. So I believe I'm one of the few who went from Torchwood to Doctor Who as opposed to the other way around. Nonetheless I love Doctor Who now, having watched all of the new series, and I can't wait for the next season to commence later this year!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Bowties are cool. ;]

Username: Narnia
Favourite Doctor: DAVID TENNANT
Favourite Companion: Donna

David Tennant is definitely one of the most amazing doctors! I've heard David Tennant himself was a huge fan of Doctor Who when he was younger and I love all the passion he puts into playing his role :3. Some of his quotes were also hilarious and honestly I couldn't find a single thing to complain about him, he has dashing good looks and also his personality is quite interesting :3.

As for Donna, I guess I chose her as the companion that stood out most to me. She didn't have the same sort of love that goes on between The Doctor and other companions, where the companion shows a slight crush but she is still an interesting character nevertheless. Her personality was also wonderful, a little hot headed at times but other than that it was really unfortunate the events that happened in the end. I think Rose was a close favourite of mine as well, she had that cheerful and uplifting personality which I like, honestly serious is one of my least favourite traits. :x

I haven't actually seen much Classic Who haha, I've seen a couple of episodes and that's been good, should get around to watching more. Also there has been some sort of rumour of the first eighty episodes of Doctor Who being lost I think, which is interesting to hear. Has anyone else heard of this? :o

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Welcome new members! Yeah Donna was indeed great for her non-romance angle, making her my favorite too. I didn't mind Rose, but Martha was taking the whole "fawning over the Doctor" thing too far. I always loved it when Donna slapped the doctor those 2-3 times to give him a reality check. Also they're gonna air the missing 80 episodes? Where did you hear that?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Username: Lightning
Favorite Doctor: 9, right now. (Love 10 but upon rewatching, I've preferred 9's sass a lot more. :P) Of Classic Who, I haven't seen very much but I really like everything I've seen of 2.
Favorite Companion: Donna. I love the BFF dynamic between her and the Doctor. No romance mucking it up, just fun and arguing. :3

Happy to see lots of Donna fans here. I too often run into people who dislike her and I just... don't understand why?? She's excellent! And such a breath of fresh air in NuWho. :x

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Prolly cause she's the only one who actually stands up to the doctor instead of making him out as some sort of god. I seriously hope Clara is like that with the doctor, considering how this is the first time Nu-Who has a companion from the 1800s.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
If you've seen the Christmas special...

Spoiler:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah it was confusing. I want to know what the hell is going through Moffats mind with the actor playing 3 different parts:
1-As a Dalek in the Asylum
2-As an 1800s waitress who dies
3-As a companion who is seemingly going to be both of those

Hopefully its not a river, cause the time gaps between these eras suggest some time- wimey wibbly wobbly stuff going on, but what? What is it the doctor needs to remember, that the universe gave him not one, but two copies of this girl, and even a 3rd who will travel with him.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I could see a few reasons explaining all the seemingly identical women. The least likely is that they're all just related, as I seem to remember Gwen from the Torchwood series also playing a 1800's woman in one of the very first episodes with the 9th Doctor.

More plausibly, I think they all may be dopplegängers, though that theory is still a little iffy because they seem to share more than just physical appearance. But I still see this as being possible, at least more so that my previous suggestion.

And finally, what I believe will be the most plausible explanation, is that she is some glitch in the fabric of space-time, perhaps related to the Doctor moving this way and that way throughout the universe. I can imagine an "omg it's all my fault" scene from the Doctor, especially after what happened to Amy and Rory. Thus I think the Doctor is just being trolled by the universe. :D

Cherrim

Years
Prolly cause she's the only one who actually stands up to the doctor instead of making him out as some sort of god. I seriously hope Clara is like that with the doctor, considering how this is the first time Nu-Who has a companion from the 1800s.
I'm not hopeful of that. So far she's already started the Doctor worship because Moffat doesn't know how to write any other type of "strong" female character. :'(

But I've still got my fingers crossed that she'll settle down and not flirt with him 24/7 once she's eased into the role and he's not as new and unknown to her anymore.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I could see a few reasons explaining all the seemingly identical women. The least likely is that they're all just related, as I seem to remember Gwen from the Torchwood series also playing a 1800's woman in one of the very first episodes with the 9th Doctor.

More plausibly, I think they all may be dopplegängers, though that theory is still a little iffy because they seem to share more than just physical appearance. But I still see this as being possible, at least more so that my previous suggestion.

And finally, what I believe will be the most plausible explanation, is that she is some glitch in the fabric of space-time, perhaps related to the Doctor moving this way and that way throughout the universe. I can imagine an "omg it's all my fault" scene from the Doctor, especially after what happened to Amy and Rory. Thus I think the Doctor is just being trolled by the universe. :D
I don't think its the universe trolling him, as much as I hope its some kind of huge plot comeback of the Silence. They're memory proof iirc, and the phrase "and remember" hits close to that. I actually doubt they're down for the count, and I'm pretty sure Moffat is gonna pull the rug from under our feet this time round regarding the series finale.

I'm not hopeful of that. So far she's already started the Doctor worship because Moffat doesn't know how to write any other type of "strong" female character. :'(

But I've still got my fingers crossed that she'll settle down and not flirt with him 24/7 once she's eased into the role and he's not as new and unknown to her anymore.
The worse bit is that when you think about it, the doctor might bite, cause Clara doesn't exactly have a Rory behind her for the doctor to say no. I literally can imagine he would have let amy have her way if it wasn't for Rory, it just felt like what Moffat wanted.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think why everyone didn't really like Donna at first was because during Runaway Bride she was kind of just...obnoxious. As far as Season Four goes she grew on me so much, as she developed from annoying temp to actually important character with actual development. The fact that she wasn't falling head-over-heels for the Doctor also helped, since it allowed her to be go through characterization that wasn't just based around him. Sure, he touched her and helped make her a better person (even though her mind was wiped), but it was based upon her growing.

And I'm really hoping Oswin isn't another Doctor-infatuated female character. From what I understand she sort of...respawns in different time lines, with very faint memories of her previous lives. She doesn't know exactly who the Doctor is, but certain characteristics pass on from one life of hers to another.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Mmm I can see what Jake is saying! To be honest I hated her at first sight, she was obnoxious, rather rude and a bit bossy I must say, so most people just sort of think she's always like that. But there's character development and she does turn into a wonderful person, although most people probably didn't give her a second chance after that episode. :(

I'm hoping so too. Clara did sort of seem like she was in love with the Doctor already but hopefully, she'll sort of change. I'd like to see a mix of personalities rather than the same falling in love with the handsome guy with a machine called the TARDIS. I mean the first time it was interesting but now it's getting so boring and repetitive. I know the extra throw in of romance is nice, but honestly I want a change. I sort of want Clara to stand out from the rest you know? :x

Cherrim

Years
I guess that's true. I'm kind of lucky (?) in that the first episodes of DW I ever saw were very late in series 4 so Donna had done most of her character development. So even when I went back and watched from the beginning, I knew how she'd turn out so I knew how much slack to cut her as I watched her early episodes. :P
I'm hoping so too. Clara did sort of seem like she was in love with the Doctor already but hopefully, she'll sort of change. I'd like to see a mix of personalities rather than the same falling in love with the handsome guy with a machine called the TARDIS. I mean the first time it was interesting but now it's getting so boring and repetitive. I know the extra throw in of romance is nice, but honestly I want a change. I sort of want Clara to stand out from the rest you know? :x
I agree entirely. I'm fine with romance or crushes here and there but there haven't really been any important females in 11's life that aren't in love with him. I think he just needs a friend since he never even seems interested in anyone's advances. They always seem so awkward and I always get the feeling he's just much more interested in having someone to go on wicked adventures with instead of having to sort through a bunch of romantic issues.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Username: EternallyAnna
Favourite Doctor: SIXIE BABY and Nine <33
Favourite Companion: Ooh. Um. Hm. Jo Grant & Peri Brown & Donna Noble & Jack Harkness

note: I don't tag spoilers for anything that's been out for over a month

I guess that's true. I'm kind of lucky (?) in that the first episodes of DW I ever saw were very late in series 4 so Donna had done most of her character development. So even when I went back and watched from the beginning, I knew how she'd turn out so I knew how much slack to cut her as I watched her early episodes. :P
And just think, all of that development is canonically gone. ^___^ /stillupset

I agree entirely. I'm fine with romance or crushes here and there but there haven't really been any important females in 11's life that aren't in love with him. I think he just needs a friend since he never even seems interested in anyone's advances. They always seem so awkward and I always get the feeling he's just much more interested in having someone to go on wicked adventures with instead of having to sort through a bunch of romantic issues.
Thiiiis is so very, very true. I just don't understand why there has to be romance? Like why was that kiss in the Christmas special necessary at all? There was no real follow-up or any indication that it would lead somewhere or any point to it. All it did for me (and- let me count- all seven of the people I watched it with!) was confuse and irritate.

Oh also can there soon be a companion who doesn't have the universe revolving around them? :x I was hoping Clara would be that (as well as an EarthHistorical!companion) but it seems not to be the case. Well, more than seems. Is not the case.

Back