• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who was your MVP?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
My starter, Samurott and Lucario. They rly helped me against the elite four. Both awesome. BUT without the Rayquaza I traded with my friend to help me beat the elite four i thinkit would give me a hard time../

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
In my Black 2, it was my Galvantula. It destroyed everything :D

zroc

Pokemon trainer
Years
My MVP was victini. It would take out almost anything im up against. Second to victini was pikachu my all time favorite.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
scrafty was pretty fantastic - you got it early-ish, had a great movepool/coverage, bulky stats, and could reasonably take on the most elite 4.

sigiliph was also good, although it tapered off later in the game it really put in work early with its high special/stab moves.

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
Good 'ol Rocky, my Krookodile. Sandile is fairly earlier in-game, the Desert Resort, and it has a pretty nice movepool and it can easily defend against the types that is weak against. It has quite bulky stats, and easily takes out all of the E4 (including Iris).

Years
Modest Lucario FTW. It's almost to 100 and I haven't even done any purposeful training for it besides in-game stuff. Wiped out the E4 and Champ with ExtremeSpeed, Aura Sphere, Calm Mind, and Dragon Pulse.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
For White 2 it was defiently my reuniclus no one could whitstand a psychic from this thing and live he also had shadow ball for other psychic types and focus blast for dark types

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
In black 1, Darmanitan destroyed everything pretty much. Also my level 40 Boldore which i had in my party purely to fill a gap always seemed to get that last desperate hit in when the rest of my team had fainted because of its sturdy ability

Black 2, at the moment Growlithe and take down seems to be the way to go whenever i'm in a tight spot

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

In White 2 it was my Serperior. I regretted choosing him the entire game, but once I got to the end it was clear that he had been the most helpful throughout the entire game <3

Years
Don't have BW2, but in my original White version, my Galvanchula reeeaaaaaally got me out of binds before. It was fast, and had pretty nice coverage with that Electric/Bug typing. Really helpful against the oodles of Psychic and Dark types.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
My Genesect I got from the release event. I pretty much solo'd it with him. Oh, and my Garvantula was pretty good too. (It was N's Garvantula.)

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
Years
In White2, probably Reuniclus. While Leavanny was arguably the dark horse of my whole team and made me happy by the fact that it was actually a useful pokemon (lv8 bug bite!) Reuniclus just mocks it at times. There was a trainer on victory road who had annoying things. Like Durant, Bouffoulant, Zweilous, Heracross annoying. Reuniclus enters the match at full hp and exits it having taken a net damage of 2HP without using items or switching once howisthathumanlypossible.

In Black2, a friend of mine left the following statement: "Hey guys I'm Magnezone, you can catch me at lv11 in virbank where I'll know sonicboom and get free xp at the poison gym since no one can hurt me there! I also resist 12/17 types and am immune to 1 of them so I can be a good switch-in to almost anything!!! Btw, 2 of those types are bug and electric, guess what gyms 3 and 4 are ; ) I'll be useless for gym 5 but I evolve straight afterwards and have a flying/dragon/water gymfest coming up so it's not like you'll miss me too much." He was the best pokemon in my team, and probably better than BW1 Excadrill
was since he invalidates 6 gyms and the entire of team plasma bar Colress completely.

HeyLoro

So shiny!
Years
I would have to say my Haxorus. He was capable of handling most of the battles he faced, and was usually the highest leveled member of the team.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Whenever I send my MVP out of battle,
I have this in my mind, "This is your moment, don't disappoint me!"

B2 Swampert, with Sceptile acting like second commander.
W2 Blaziken all alone.

Years
In my first playthrough, probably my Electivire, because it outsped both her Hydreigon and Archeops, the latter of which I was very surprised with (I let my Chandelure be death fodder to Archeops so I could heal it). Bonus points because it had a speed tie against N's Reshiram, which allowed me to 3HKO it with Ice Punch and two Earthquakes.

Though my starter, my Samurott, was probably just as good. Despite my entire team being Level 60+, it was my only answer to Haxorus, because that thing could inflict super-effective damage on everyone else on my team and OHKO them after one Dragon Dance. Besides, I got to use my very first Pokémon to take on the Champion's best, which was also the very last one I KOed to beat the game. =)

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
My MVP has to be Arcanine. It's move set just demolished so many Pokemon in my run. Was my favorite non-legendary Pokemon in Gen 1, and still is in Gen 5. I can't wait to demolish the elite 4 in Gen 6 with my Arcanine again.

Back