• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
I got a problem I can.proceed in Poseidon cave I beat the the hiker an when I go thru either of the passage ways the one above the hiker an the one below I just end up back in the same room with hiker ..

Years
Does Machoke evlove in to Machamp in this?? I cant see to find it on the Evolution list
Hey it is clearly posted on First page. How can you miss it. Yes all traded evolutions evolve in this hack

why is the door locked in mystic falls?
There is nothing important in there so take my advise and ignore it.

I got a problem I can.proceed in Poseidon cave I beat the the hiker an when I go thru either of the passage ways the one above the hiker an the one below I just end up back in the same room with hiker ..
Haa Haa Haa stuck are you. Can you wait a bit more coz today my walk through is about to be available so you can take my guidelines from there.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
UPDATE!

Here's a look at Dark Rising with upgraded tiles. It's coming along great and will be released in the near future;

2lwvck2.png

(Don't Worry, the Wii-U & PC Box with the Potion in it will be returning. I just haven't placed them yet.)

mmribq.png

34eyd78.png

2zznptz.png

35bdsue.png

27zhiqa.png

Also, an updated Rom has been posted fixing a few more errors as well. Well, I'm off again! I'm gathering a really good team of Rom Hackers to work with me on Dark Rising 2.

Years
Nice Work Dark rising Girl and.......................
Phew after a long time I manage to complete teh walk through and in a short time, it will be posted on the first page. Please look into it guys and kindly give me feed back. If you find anything not mentioned in it kindly PM me as well as if you wan to add some thing in it, every one is welcome.:tired:

28lcsol.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2015
Hey DarkRisingGirl quick question. I have just beat Adrian (which was a pain in the ass) but im just gonna assume that the game ends here and i see that your making DarkRising2. In DR2 will the main character(you) have the same pokes as DR 1 or will everything begin from the start meaning new starters, low level pokes and trainers ect. and do you have a set date on when the rom will be released?

Years
I jus beat the first gym, and it was kinda hard. My team wasnt really good for facing fire types, so i went and caught a shiny houndour, and a abra which thanks to exp share evolved to kadabra, and after training them all to at least lvl 20 i beat the gym. What im trying to say is maybe the gym should be a little easier? I guess

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2013
Hi can some1 help me I have in countered a glitch in the game and not sure how to go back, I had recently beaten the island part where Dark Rising HQ is and went to the Ghost Island (Not sure of name) Were i beat the spirit tower and then i went and beat the city's gym leader and when i came out it retriggered the event of me going to Dark Rising HQ and now i have no idea how to get back!! Some1 please help i feel like im so close to finish this game!

Years
Hey DarkRisingGirl quick question. I have just beat Adrian (which was a pain in the ass) but im just gonna assume that the game ends here and i see that your making DarkRising2. In DR2 will the main character(you) have the same pokes as DR 1 or will everything begin from the start meaning new starters, low level pokes and trainers ect. and do you have a set date on when the rom will be released?
That depends on you whether you want to do that but be warned sometimes this causes game breaking errors. But in other words you can play with the old team

I jus beat the first gym, and it was kinda hard. My team wasnt really good for facing fire types, so i went and caught a shiny houndour, and a abra which thanks to exp share evolved to kadabra, and after training them all to at least lvl 20 i beat the gym. What im trying to say is maybe the gym should be a little easier? I guess
The game is intentionally hard but don't worry you will get VS Seeker soon and Lucky Eggs later so that you can progress easily.

Hi can some1 help me I have in countered a glitch in the game and not sure how to go back, I had recently beaten the island part where Dark Rising HQ is and went to the Ghost Island (Not sure of name) Were i beat the spirit tower and then i went and beat the city's gym leader and when i came out it retriggered the event of me going to Dark Rising HQ and now i have no idea how to get back!! Some1 please help i feel like im so close to finish this game!
That event is intentional so don't worry. Leave the headquarters and move through Huntik Route to reach that cave previously blocked to reach Trident Waters

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
That depends on you whether you want to do that but be warned sometimes this causes game breaking errors. But in other words you can play with the old team
NO NO NO NO NO!
Not in a milion years!
Absolutely NO! There's no way you can use your old team o.O
1) DR2 is a NEW ROM which means locations will be different
2) DR2 will have NEW Pokémon as DRG stated => some Pokémon might be overwritten
3) Using the old save state means many set flags, vars, etc... in other words you may be able to continue without game breaking bugs BUT you WILL NOT be able to activate many events...

Oh god... how could anyone actually think they can use their old team in a new ROM o.O

DRG already stated many times that DR2 will be new region where you only get one dragon starter fully evolved on level 30 from the start.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
I've tried playing Dark Rising on VBA, but its not working. I tried patching the .ips to the Fire Red .gba, but all I am getting are flashes of the first black screen that tells me the copyright data of Pokemon, Nintendo, and Gamefreak. Can anyone help me get past this so I can actually play the game?

kensarcher

Hack Addict
Years
I've tried playing Dark Rising on VBA, but its not working. I tried patching the .ips to the Fire Red .gba, but all I am getting are flashes of the first black screen that tells me the copyright data of Pokemon, Nintendo, and Gamefreak. Can anyone help me get past this so I can actually play the game?

try No$GBA (v2.6a) GBA / DS Emulator
DL fire red.gba 1.0

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2013
That event is intentional so don't worry. Leave the headquarters and move through Huntik Route to reach that cave previously blocked to reach Trident Waters[/QUOTE]

After i go through the cave do I surf up to the other cave? I cant find what to do in the cave i just keep going around in circles???? Or am i not supposed to go there? Where do i go for 7th badge?

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
What do I do after catching Kyogre? Is there something else in Poseidon's cave that I'm supposed to do? I have seven badges, and I don't know what to do next.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
That event is intentional so don't worry. Leave the headquarters and move through Huntik Route to reach that cave previously blocked to reach Trident Waters

After i go through the cave do I surf up to the other cave? I cant find what to do in the cave i just keep going around in circles???? Or am i not supposed to go there? Where do i go for 7th badge?[/QUOTE]

What do I do after catching Kyogre? Is there something else in Poseidon's cave that I'm supposed to do? I have seven badges, and I don't know what to do next.

You must return to Fells Town/Tiki Village to battle the next gym leader. (The gym that was closed in Twist Woodlands at the start of the game is now opened after defeating Atem...Or Yugi...whichever you wanna him) As for the cave, download alienhunterx's walkthrough guide on the first post for directions on how to navigate through it.

Back