The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago, 10:54 AM
AHMYLEGS

Advertise here
Matze, your pokemon are:

Shuckle
Flygon
Woobuffet
Claydol
Walrain
Manetric
Braviary
Weezing
Glalie

Apologies in advance if I messed up the HMs, I'm not exactly familiar with the movesets. Just going off type.

Name: AHMYLEGS
Game: Emerald (self-hacked for challenge, see parameters)
Mode: Normal
# of Pokemon: 6

Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:
Ditto
Lapras
Shuckle
Magnemite
Gastly
Nincada (must evolve in Shedinja)
Castform
Porygon
Scizor(does this evolve from another pokemon? XD)
Lileep
Togepi
Growlithe
Dratini
Bagon
Beldum

Parameters: No more than two of the same type on the team, no more than one single type pokemon of the same type on the team. No HM slaves, all HMs must be able to be learned by the team. A pokemon can only learn two HM moves; if a Pokemon has already learned two HM moves, another Pokemon will have to learn the move (wanna free up some move slots so a single water pokemon doesn't have four HM moves). Pokemon will be allowed to evolve. I will be doing a quick hack to make all battles double battles and remove trade requirements/crazy unorthedox requirements to evolve.

Last edited by Necrum; 1 Week Ago at 09:43 AM. Reason: Don't link off Pokecommunity unless it pertains to the topic of the thread.
Old 1 Week Ago, 12:48 PM
bladeisbeast11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMYLEGS View Post
Matze, your pokemon are:

Shuckle
Flygon
Woobuffet
Claydol
Walrain
Manetric
Braviary
Weezing
Glalie

Apologies in advance if I messed up the HMs, I'm not exactly familiar with the movesets. Just going off type.

Name: AHMYLEGS
Game: Emerald (self-hacked for challenge, see parameters)
# of Pokemon: 6

Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:
Ditto
Lapras
Shuckle
Magnemite
Gastly
Nincada (must evolve in Shedinja)
Castform
Porygon
Scizor(does this evolve from another pokemon? XD)
Lileep
Togepi
Growlithe
Dratini
Bagon
Beldum

Parameters: No more than two of the same type on the team, no more than one single type pokemon of the same type on the team. No HM slaves, all HMs must be able to be learned by the team. A pokemon can only learn two HM moves; if a Pokemon has already learned two HM moves, another Pokemon will have to learn the move (wanna free up some move slots so a single water pokemon doesn't have four HM moves). Pokemon will be allowed to evolve. I will be doing a quick hack to make all battles double battles and remove trade requirements/crazy unorthedox requirements to evolve. By selecting my team you agree to be bound by the challenge terms and conditions, found here.
AHMYLEGS, you can have lapras, magnemite, scizor, growlithe, bagon and beldum. i'm pretty sure all the hm's can be learn't with this team.

i still need to know if i can switch zubat with natu since i've used zubat before
Old 1 Week Ago, 05:06 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
OP updated through post #378.

The Ones That Got Away: Pokemon X
Complete!

Ultimately, this playthrough was pretty boring and uneventful. I did really enjoy getting to use Kingler, even if I didn't get Crabhammer til the very end of the game.

Team:
Spoiler:

Kingler
Level 66, Ruhig
180/216/185/94/96
-Felsgrab
-Krabbhammer
-Starke
-Metalklaue

Welsar
Level 67, Hastig
255/143/118/121/121/128
-Felsgrab
-Erdbeben
-Aquawelle
-Kaskade

Milobellus
Level 70, MaBig
231/97/133/193/199/159
-Aquawelle
-Windhose
-Eisstrahl
-Surfer

Bojelin
Level 67, Mild
204/167/97/163/88/196
-Kaskade
-Verfolgung
-Steigerungshieb
-Wasserduse

Lumineon
Level 70, Mutig
189/140/122/136/153/144
-Silberhauch
-Bitterkuss
-Aquawelle
-Surfer

Mamolida
Level 68, Zaghaft
316/150/144/73/93/118
-Kaskade
-Wasserduse
-Pfund
-Weckruf
Old 1 Week Ago, 08:17 PM
AHMYLEGS

I went to go check off all the trainer's double battle buttons...and then I saw just how many trainers there are. Literally, a full hour just clicking checkboxes. And then when I start up the hack, it turns out that Gen 3 can't process double battles unless both sides have at least two active Pokemon.

Yeah.

So what I've noticed is that once Growlithe evolves into Arcanine the only move it will learn naturally is Extremespeed at Lvl. 49. I got rid of the trade with a held fire stone requirement for evolution and replaced it with just a friendship prerequisite. Since it will be with me for virtually the entire game it should be ready to evolve quickly. The question is going to be when I want it to. Already a really interesting playthrough and I haven't even started yet.

Bladeisbeast, your eel with be delivered to your face shortly.
Old 1 Week Ago, 09:15 PM
Darkhelmet

Yeah still having difficulties with my HeartGold Emu, so just gonna try switching to Platinum and see if that helps. I will keep the same team since they are all also in that game.

So, ADJUSTING SIGN UP:

Username: Darkhelmet
Game: Platinum
Pokemon that Got Away: (Just reusing the team that was already given to me) Golbat, Mr. Mime, Electabuzz, Heracross, Gastrodon, and Dusclops.
Mode: Expert
FireRed 8/8 COMPLETE! Crystal 16/16 COMPLETE!

Ultimate Solo Challenge:
FireRed 8/8 (Gary defeated!) HeartGold 0/16

Random Pokemon Challenge:
FireRed
Old 1 Week Ago, 08:04 AM
AHMYLEGS

Well my challenge hasn't been going too well.

First off I misread the evolution requirements, and it turns out that Scyther is the one who trades with a held item to evolve, not Growlithe. Had to fix that but not after catching a ton of Beldums hoping to grab one of their metal coats. Speaking of catching Beldums, they have a catch rate of 3. If you aren't familiar with catch rates, that's the same for Regirock/ice/steel. I actually had to lower it because I ran out of money to buy Pokeballs and didn't have any way to make more besides advancing through the story without it.

On the plus side it was shaping up to be an awesome playthrough. Beldum only knows Take Down but has a rather high defense in addition to being part Steel type, creating a weird sort of glass cannon until it evolves. Lapras comes with Sing early in the game as well as relatively high stats to make up for being part Ice type. Scyther doesn't actually gain an increase in total stats when it evolves, for two strategic evolution choices with Growlithe (now evolving properly with a Fire Stone). Magnemite comes with Metal Sound which I'm planning to keep until the end of the game. And Bagon...well he'll get better eventually.

If I use these guys correctly and with a bit of luck I can topple opponents of much higher level than me. Roxanne took two tries; the first my team was a Lvl. 6 average and reduced her to her last Pokemon, the next my team was a Lvl. 8 average and didn't have much problem. Brawly was tougher; I don't have any moves that are super-effective and he is performing one hit KOs. I was able to reduce him to his last Pokemon but then I blew it when I confused Mist with another move.

Oh, and did I mention MY SAVE WAS WIPED?!?!?!
Old 1 Week Ago, 09:48 AM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMYLEGS View Post
First off I misread the evolution requirements, and it turns out that Scyther is the one who trades with a held item to evolve, not Growlithe. Had to fix that but not after catching a ton of Beldums hoping to grab one of their metal coats. Speaking of catching Beldums, they have a catch rate of 3. If you aren't familiar with catch rates, that's the same for Regirock/ice/steel. I actually had to lower it because I ran out of money to buy Pokeballs and didn't have any way to make more besides advancing through the story without it.
2 things you can do to make catching Beldum easier on yourself:

-Save before hunting it so you don't have to keep buying balls.
-Find something with Compound Eyes (Shouldn't be hard) and let it lead your party when looking for Beldum, so it has a higher chance of holding an item.

Also, in the future, don't link off site when it isn't relevant to the topic at hand.
Old 5 Days Ago, 10:59 PM
mattastro91

Username: BennyM
Game: B2W2
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:
Spheal, Umbreon, Electabuzz, Altaria, Raticate, Skiploom, Gastrodon, Nidoqueen, Mightyena and Grovyle

Parameters:
Do not evolve any pokemon into further forms keep them as how i named them in the spoiler. Also, only use 8 of them.
Mode: Expert
Old 4 Days Ago, 01:34 PM
GreyBidoof
GreyBidoof

Nature: Serious
Mattastro91 gets: spheal, umbreon, electabuzz, altaria, raticate, skiploom, gastrodon, and nidoqueen

If you meant to only ask for 6 instead of 8, then eliminate raticate and gastrodon.

I had started this challenge a long time ago, but have misplaced my save, and would like to sign up again to restart.

Username: GreyBidoof
Game: Pokemon Fire Red
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:
magneton
snorlax
articuno
zapdos
moltres
dragonite
lanturn
quagsire
houndoom
blissey
raikou
entei
suicune
tyranitar
sharpedo
whiscash
salamence
metagross
latios

Parameters: 2 Pokemon; Both Pokemon should have a different type, and if possible one that complements it's partner.

Or take a look at my demo video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ke0FYFPISQ

Working on:

-Pokemon Revenge-

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here