• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shattered Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
A support bar would be awesome. Can it have Jirachi and Lati@s. Please and thank you.

which gen sprites should i use then? O & what size do u want, what color/s do u want it, do u want 1 bar with both positioned on the right/left or whatever?

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
which gen sprites should i use then? O & what size do u want, what color/s do u want it, do u want 1 bar with both positioned on the right/left or whatever?
The fourth gen sprites should do. I would like the colors to be purple and blue [preferably dark but any shade will do]. And one on each side with Jirachi in the middle would be cool.

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
The fourth gen sprites should do. I would like the colors to be purple and blue [preferably dark but any shade will do]. And one on each side with Jirachi in the middle would be cool.

k il see what i can do, thou it wont be up until .... like sometime during the week since i have 2 study 2mor *or should i say later* 4 a test 2mor.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
what is this a hack of?
i like the design of the female player and the plot sounds good!

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday

ok so i gave the userbar a shot & came up with a these . if u want any chances i still have the pdf :)

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Nice alpha. However, I have a few bugs to report.

Spoiler:

3.5/5

Not good, not bad. I'll give you a higher rating if you had fewer grammar/spelling errors and bugs.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Update #9

Nice alpha. However, I have a few bugs to report.

Spoiler:

3.5/5

Not good, not bad. I'll give you a higher rating if you had fewer grammar/spelling errors and bugs.
Wow, you've got a keen eye. You'd make a great beta tester. Thanks for pointing those errors out. All of them are fixed now.

Update:
Like I said last week I'm on vacation! But if you remember correctly I said that progress would not stop and I'm proud to announce that I've been true to my word! This is one of the biggest updates so far [with the total 12 screenshots] so I'll hop right into it.

PokennectRadio.png
pokennectmap.png
Pokennect1.png

PokennectTime.png
Pokennect2.png

Above you see one of my favorite features. The Pokennect! [I told you it was functional] As you can see I've scrapped the whole "Check Mystery Gift" option on the Pokennect and decided to go with "Radio" instead. The Radio station is located in Fiesta Town [the center point of Zinnos] which means you'll get service any and everywhere in Zinnos. Even on the the three Mystery Gift only islands [Scrap, Golem, & Noel]. There are four radio stations. I'll explain them each in the spoiler below. If you don't care skip the spoiler!

Spoiler:

The song that plays on each station is chosen at random so it is entirely possible that a station will play the same song twice in a row. It's also possible that a station may play the exact same song that you are currently listening to. I may or may not put into place some checks that will solve this minor issue. On to the next point:

dive2.png
dive-1.png
water.png

These are screenshots from Ruby Lake, the route that follows Emerald Town. These screenshots are mainly here to show that I've already begun progressing pass Emerald Town and, subsequently, the first Alpha. There is a Fisherman who gives you an Old Rod and explains diving to you. In Shattered Dreams, Diving will be done similarly to RSE. First things first though, you can only dive from the center point of the dark water. Don't ask me why, it's just cleaner than allowing you to dive from any point in the dark water. Underatwer you will use your Surf sprite. Just like in RSE, under water everything is blue. Also, like RSE, there is seaweed growing underwater that house wild Pokemon. I've done the best I can emulating the Dive feature from RSE. Due to not having Surf yet, you will not be able to Dive underwater in the first Beta, however the Dive system is already incorporated and will be present in future releases. Now for Part 3 of this update:

beacon3.png
beacon.png
beacon2.png
beacongym.png

These are screenshots from Beacon City and Beacon City Gym. Beacon City is analogous to Mirroredge City from the original Pokemon Requiem. It just looks WAY better [credit to WesleyFG for the street tiles] this time around. The police station has been erradicated in favor of the EctoTeam HQ. This means you'll be able to play the minigame Who You Gonna Call? that I announced back in April. Also Beacon Tower [also found in the orignal Pokemon Requiem] makes a reappearance. This time however it is not under seige by Team Rocket nor is it a Trainer Tower. It's a business, similar to Silph Co. and Devon Corp. The Beacon Company focuses on making items that help Trainers. They are the creators of the Pokennect. That said, Beacon Tower is where you'll get your Pokennect.

Conclusion:
I hope you all enjoyed this update. In my opinion it's been long overdue. As I've maintained for the last few weeks, I don't have a specific release date in mind for Beta 1 but I think it's only going to cover 3/8 Gyms. Also regarding the Pokennect. I'm debating on whether or not I should add a "Phone" feature. It would run similarly to the Phone Booths from Shiny Gold and Flora Sky. The only reason I'm not too gung-ho about it is because it would truly serve no major purpose. Trainer Rematches are already in the game so I don't know what I'd use the Phone for. Eh, we'll see about that. Also after running the World Map App, the Radio will shut off. Don't ask why, it just will.
The next update will come in about a week and a half [or so] and will showcase Shell Harbor City and Stargate Cave [which is the location of the first Rocket Event].

~QM

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
great updates, the new three Mystery Gifts seems awesome. also here is a new support bar with latios *i did 2 bc didnt no if i should leave the size of his sprite as or tr 2 make it small....* well again if u want any changes i can make them later the week *since i got midterm 2mor & then have another test the next dy & gota start my final project*

Years
Great to see you are working.
BTW, Will you add new tiles or just go with Default? New tiles would be good.
Keep up the good work.

Years
The updates look fantastic! I think everyone including me can see that you've been working extremely hard on this hack. This could be a tough decision for everyone when the HOTY is available.

Anyway, good luck. ;)

Years
Well, I like the hack default tiles the way it is now.
It's great. FR tiles are always awesome, y'know.

Sorry mate, I can't agree with you:(. Well yea it better than others but you know it boring to play with same thing. There are a lot of hack based on FR. so, I think at least Tree tiles and some pallet should be changed to make it non boring hack.
I really don't like FR trees.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
The updates look fantastic! I think everyone including me can see that you've been working extremely hard on this hack. This could be a tough decision for everyone when the HOTY is available.

Anyway, good luck. ;)
Hahaha HoTY? I doubt it. There are definitely some better hacks out there [namely Lilac]. Thanks for the support though.

The new updates are amazing. I really like the pokennect feature.
Thanks, I really like it too.
Wohohoooow! Damn! This hack is amazing, dude, you gotta finish this thing!
Thanks! I plan to finish this.

Sorry mate, I can't agree with you:(. Well yea it better than others but you know it boring to play with same thing. There are a lot of hack based on FR. so, I think at least Tree tiles and some pallet should be changed to make it non boring hack.
I really don't like FR trees.
Sorry, the tiles are not changing. I like the way the game looks right now and so the look won't change.

Minor Update

I'm going to scrap the Who You Gonna Call? minigame. I have it scripted and everything but I REALLY don't like the way it is right now. If I were to redo it, it would delay the beta so I decided I'm going to just scrap the whole thing. We'll see about putting in a different mini-game other than Tasty's To Go.

That's all for now, I have to get back to working on this. Next major update to come this weekend,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back