• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Okay, I have a maybe simple question for you scripters out there. What is the use for "setvar" and all of the other "var"s? Why should I use them, and what do you use them for?

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
Variables are like flags but with different levels; if you setvar 4000 to 1, you can later set it to 2, 3, 7, 9001, etc. It just has more versatility than a flag.

Saitou

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Is there a way to create a loop in a script event? I know we can use 'call 0xoffset' as much as we want, but is there a way, like to use this call command in one line? Like 'call 0xoffset 3', where 3 refers to the amount of times I want it to loop. I hope this makes any sense.

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
Does anyone know how to change a 256color palette in Ruby/Sapphire?

I've been looking, but can't find anything about doing so.

I'm trying to change the palette of the Pokemon Logo in the Titlescreen, so that I can replace the logo with the logo from the Japanese Ruby rom.

Any help would be appreciated

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2011
1.how do I change the battle trainer graphics
like from the first viewpoint
the image that appears when your trainer encounters a wild Pokemon (changing the trainer)

2. Changing Ethan's/Lyra's Pokemon battle teams?

3. Changing Ethan's/Lyra's Merrill that follows them around to a different Pokemon
aiming for: Ethan's changed to houndour/ Lyra's changed to Glaceon

4. Character select screen graphics
(want to change what the boy and girl pictures are)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have already subscribed to KazoWar on you tube and there are no videos to help with these particular problems though he was helpful with other questions of mine ...anyways thanks ahead of time :D

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Is there a way to create a loop in a script event? I know we can use 'call 0xoffset' as much as we want, but is there a way, like to use this call command in one line? Like 'call 0xoffset 3', where 3 refers to the amount of times I want it to loop. I hope this makes any sense.
you could just make a call part of a script and have a variable increased every time you call. Then, do a simple check for when you reach a certain number to stop calling that part of a script.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Let's see, where to start...

I recently changed the position of the palette table for the overworld sprites so I could add some new palettes, some of them related to the secret base decorations in Emerald. It's went very smoothly so far; up until the decoration placement.

In the menus and while placing, the palettes for the dolls are just fine, work perfectly, but after placing them they change almost randomly, sometimes even taking the guise of a totally different sprite after placement! After a while, I found out what was causing this. This is an example of the sprite data the dolls use.

Code:
FF FF 25 11 FF 11 80 00 10 00 10 00 XX 00 00 00 FC 94 50 08 4C 95 50 08 AC 90 50 08 04 7C 50 08 A8 C6 2E 08

I've read a lot of tutorials and the comparision to the original data is pretty damn close to what Emerald originally used. There's two differences.

The 25 after the starter bytes. This is the byte used for the palette index, which I of course changed for the new sprites to use the new palettes I inputted. Works perfectly.

The XX is what's different from the original. If I use a value under 40, then the sprite "transforms" into the sprite two slots below it when the doll is placed. If I use a value 40 or higher, then the sprite's palette changes after placing it. If I use a value that ends with 0, then the palette is kept but the player's palette is overwritten with something else, and the player stays like that until the offending sprite is out of memory. If I use a value ending in A, then the palette is kept with no adverse side effects.

It seems like I could just use that and be done with it, right? Well, you see, my new doll sprites use two palettes. Half of them use 24, the other half use 25. When XA is used for both dolls using 24 and 25 as a palette index, then when both dolls are placed in the secret base, then the dolls with 24 as a palette index suddenly start using 25 as their index instead. This is obviously not desirable.

What I'm asking is how can I have the dolls use their extended palette indexes and keep it after being placed? I know it has to do with 13th byte in the sprite data, which I've read relates to OAM, but I have no clue how that works at all. I've tried pretty much all 255 different values and haven't gotten anywhere really so I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on what this value does and how it effects the dolls in the secret bases so I could fix them. Thanks!

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
ok need title screen insertion help. how do i insert a 256 color title screen. please don't give me a link to that tutorial thread i ca't understand any of it cause my APE can't import pal palletes, i tried but it says wrong file type.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Hi I'm pretty new to this whole hack thing and I was wondering how do you actually play the hacks?

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
download lips ( I think it comes with elite map ). This program allows you to patch the normal roms with the hackyouwant.ips file.. Just be careful to patch the right rom..

Question: How do I make trading scripts?
Is it possible to use the ruby sprites in my fire red hack? (how..)

Years
hi my question is simple i can do eveerything in hacking from animated d/p in emerald to scripting and etc, but the one thing that i cannont fathom is how to edit the back sprites in a trainer in pokemon emerald please help its the last part of my hack lol.Im begging you i search all over the net nothing!

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2023
hey do you know how to make a give pokemon multichoice script like for example i have to chose betwen 3 pokemon like when chosing the starters on any pokemon game you can only chose one pokemon! And its on pokescript

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
hi my question is simple i can do eveerything in hacking from animated d/p in emerald to scripting and etc, but the one thing that i cannont fathom is how to edit the back sprites in a trainer in pokemon emerald please help its the last part of my hack lol.Im begging you i search all over the net nothing!

It's very easy. Open your ROM with Tilemolester Alternate, and change block size to 8x8. Then go to the end of the ROM data (where the plain colour part starts and search a bit up. You will find RS Brendan and May, FRLG Red and Leaf, Emerald Brendan and May, Steven and Wally. You may want to change the palette to edit easier the 4 frames each backsprite has.

Also, I think you may need to shift and divide the image that appears in the program, but I'm not sure.

Years
ok i see the trainer back sprites now wat

i mean that i used tile molester on emerald hero sprite i got to the point were i change the pallet and stuff but how do i save it and change it

Last edited:

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
ok need title screen insertion help. how do i insert a 256 color title screen. please don't give me a link to that tutorial thread i ca't understand any of it cause my APE can't import pal palletes, i tried but it says wrong file type.
*sigh* When you import a palette in APE check down in the right lower corner, you can change in between the different palette formats, choose .PAL

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2023
hey does anyone know how to make a give pokemon multichoice script like for example i have to chose betwen 3 pokemon like when chosing the starters on any pokemon game you can only chose one pokemon!

progress.gif
http://www.pokecommunity.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=6156535

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010
I was making a Rocket hack, and I was editing Viridian City. I took out some of the stuff like the script box for the old man and did some other things such as replace the gym with a bunch of rocks, but otherwise I don't know what I did that would make it freeze. I tried putting the Script box back into the game with the same exact details from what I could see from a clean rom on Advance Map without opening the script. It freezes when it's suppose to say my new city, like the part where the box where it tells where you pops up, thats where it freezes. If anything is wanted I can try to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back