• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Brilliant, thanks this works, I think that was the problem!

Originally when I had it at 0 for both offsets the route paths didn't match up, so I had had to set it to a different value for one side to get it to fit in place. But now for some odd reason 0 at both is the only way to get the route paths to match. Weird.

Washibon

---
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
I had this problem too. The only option is to restart from a backup as far as I know, or just make sure Bulbasaur never appears and change it into another Pokémon that will be replaced with the Pokémon you want Bulbasaur to be replaced with.

Ah, that's the only solution?

Okay, I'll just try following the tutorial again then..

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
How do i add 4th generation pokemon to 3rd generation games?

Is there a tool that allows me to do that?

Search the tutorials section for how to insert new Pokemon. There are loads of tutorials! You do need some tools, but the tutorials should help.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Banjora, what tools do i need ?

Is it possible to hack a hack ?
They're mentioned in the tutorial.

Of course, but it would be somewhat "stealing" the work of someone else, unless of course you make major changes.

nicholaszero8

Nothing......
Years
Could you specify as to which tutorial I should refer to.

Where do i get pokemon sprites ?

Is there a tool that comes preloaded with sprites ?

On an unrelated note, why do you answer these questions ?

Last edited:

ZH11000

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2011
hmm Ive got a question. Ive been searching around for this a long time but still havent found anything... the backsprite of emerald. I saw a few hacks with them changed, and I can´t find them in UNZL. in ruby, they re just betweeen the front sprites, and Wally is there too, in emerald, I just cant find it. Are they somewhere in the rom just like in FR/LG? that you have to use Tile Molestor and stuff?

Years
hmm Ive got a question. Ive been searching around for this a long time but still havent found anything... the backsprite of emerald. I saw a few hacks with them changed, and I can´t find them in UNZL. in ruby, they re just betweeen the front sprites, and Wally is there too, in emerald, I just cant find it. Are they somewhere in the rom just like in FR/LG? that you have to use Tile Molestor and stuff?

You could try using NSE and search the bookmarks to see or they're there. In FireRed and LeafGreen, they're uncompressed which is why UNLZ can't open them, so it might be possible they're uncompressed in Emerald too. If NSE doesn't have a bookmark for it, you'll have to search the offset or use TileMolester or something.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2019
a lot of the tools i found are missing some file which is stopping them from working, like the attack editor, script editor, and some other ones. how can i get them to work?

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
a lot of the tools i found are missing some file which is stopping them from working, like the attack editor, script editor, and some other ones. how can i get them to work?
Have you tried re-downloading them?

This usually happens when you transfer such tools from somewhere else (external hard drive, etc).

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2019
Have you tried re-downloading them?

This usually happens when you transfer such tools from somewhere else (external hard drive, etc).

I'll try that, i download them from Whackahack.

It says that "Component comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered, a file is missing or invalid"

what should i do now?

Last edited:

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
Is there a way to start the game with the National Dex? Is it by scripting or what?
Yep, it's done through scripting. Asked many times in this thread already, I'm afraid. Redirect yourself if you asked this for FR/LG

It says that "Component comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered, a file is missing or invalid"

what should i do now?
Yep, this is also the error that came up with my versions as well; stopped appearing when I downloaded them again.

Alternatively, you might want to search on google for that lone file and download it, although I don't recommend it.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I didn't really like tiled2002, so I decided to try tile molester, but every time I start it up it has this error message come up:
Spoiler:

How do I fix this? I redownloaded it several times, from different sites, and it still came up with this. It worked on my XP machine, but that died, and it doesn't ork for me on windows 7. Thanks in advance to you future helpers!

EDIT: Also what are these? (all images found in pokemon ruby)
Spoiler:

EDIT2: does this mean we can have unowns as text like braille? (also found in ruby)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
I'll try that, i download them from Whackahack.

what should i do now?
I've had this problem a lot in the past, it is actually quite easily fixed. If the program that you downloaded came with comdlg32.ocx great, if not, a quick google search of it will help you find it. Then simply open up your command prompt as administrator, navigate to the place you downloaded comdlg32.ocx to and type the following command:
regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx. That will register the ocx file for you to use. As far as I remember, there are several ocx and dll files that I had to do this for in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back