• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any creative strategies that work?

Years
I'm looking for new types of teams to make that are centered around one idea, like weather teams or my personal favorite-trick room. Anyone have something new and original to try?

kingfor6

Pkmn Trainer SS Goku
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2015
1-put to sleep
2-double team
3-put back to sleep
4-dominate.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
1-put to sleep
2-double team
3-put back to sleep
4-dominate.

Sadly, Double Team is looked down upon, or even banned in the metagame because of how so luck-based it is.

Also, try looking up the team threads in the Competitive Team Help forum for ideas.

Soar

n00b
Years
Try out a Volt-Turn team. Depending on the team and how you build it it can be very powerful

srinator

ok so i think share a peculiar set i have been working and experimenting with.
its a level1 nosepass with berry juice and stealth rocks/toxic spikes/spikes and pain split.

you might have got the idea by now what that does, also pain split does damage , since its level one if the opponent is full health it remove almost half of its hp (depends on the target)

but pain split also help in setting up layers sometime more when you predict the opponents switch or moves correctly, this set has helped me a lot and i think its good lead although u got to watch out for those more than one time hitting moves like icicle spear or rock blast,although sometimes if ur very unlucky the opponent will fire punch u and u get burned and die but that is umm not much of a problem . this requires a bit support with rapid spinners on your team , so i tried using pineco with rapid spin/pain split/stealth rocks and spikes but well the rapid spin is almost useless so nosepass . what do you guys think?

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
I recommend to use types of all kinds.
I typically use a fire, water, flying, ground/rock, electric, and one other.

That way, I have strengths to almost every type.

Also, use a Shedinja lvl 100 with a Focus Sash. That way he's pretty much invincible.

Last edited:
Back