• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon The MMORPG

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2016

bannernew.png

What is it about?
Pokemon The MMORPG is a online Pokemon game, it features 493 pokemons and Gen 3 Graphics.
The idea behind Pokemon The MMORPG is that, only making a Pokemon Game is not enough when you are talking about an online game, when you make one online game you need systems to make the players become social with each other, to evolve and battle together, those kind of systems are not present in normal Pokemon games, but they are the focus of our project!

What is going on right now?

Right now we are staring a open beta for the game, we have fully developed the Kanto region(Orange isles are not included) and we are now working in Johto,Hoenn,Sinnoh and Unova, but at the same time we are working in making many systems that will make the game much more interesting. Every one of the 493 Pokemons are obtainable right now.
Gen 1 Pokemon appear in Kanto grass areas, some appear at night, some at day. The other Gen Pokemons can be obtained through the Tournament System and Pokemon League.

Tournament System

In Pokemon The MMORPG we have tournaments going on all the time(as long as there are players to fill the Tournaments spots). When the server is low on players each Tournament is composed of 8 players and 3 battle stages, when the server is full they are composed by 16 players and 4 battle stages.

Each Battle in Tournament awards you with Reward Points which can be spent in the Gift Shop in Celadon to exchange for Pokemons,TMs,Hold Itens, etc.

Each Tournament awards a Pokemon for the Tournament Champion, there are several Tournament Levels being that the Higher the level of the Tournament, the better the Prize Pokemons are going to be.

Battles in Tournaments are handcaped making battles more fair, because of that it's extremely important that you EV train your Pokemons and have Pokemons with good IV status.

EVs and IVs can be checked in the game WebSite.

Pokemon League

The Pokemon League in this game works like in any other Pokemon Game, there are two things that are diferent though. When you win in the League you get a Prize Pokemon and each time you win the league it becomes harder,
the harder the League is, the better the Prize Pokemons.

Trainer Level

In this game you have one atribute called the Trainer Level, you gain One Trainer Level for each 50 levels you raise your Pokemons, the greater your Trainer Level, the greater the Experience your Pokemons gain with battle.
Each Trainer Level accounts for more 1% exp you gain and you can level up a 100 levels.

Character Traits

When creating your account you state if you are female or male, in the game you will be the same gender you said when making your account.
To customize your account, right click your character a click in change appearance. You will be prompted with a R G B pop up that will let you choose your colors.

RoadMap for Future Releases

Pokemon RoadMap

This game started as Pokemon Game that would have Online functionality, but after a Beta Test we realized that just a Pokemon game with online functionality was not that fun, that's why we decided to make on MMORPG with Pokemon, this means that we are focusing in creating MMORPG systems, like Dungeons, Tournaments, Arenas, Guilds, Party, systems. These systems will enable this game to be much more fun than just "A Pokemon game that you can see other people in it and battle with them".

1 VERSION 1.0

1. - Kanto Complete
    o Kanto is completed which means, you can battle all eight gym leaders, the league and do some Kanto related quests.
  2. - Tournament System
    o Tournament System is a system that's accessible in the game HUD, when server is low on players each tournament is composed of 8 people and 3 stages, when server is full on players, each tournament is composed of 16 people and 4 stages.
  3. - Tournaments have handcaped battles and requires your Pokemon Team Level to be compatible with the tournament you are trying to enter.
  4. - Trading
    o Trading enables you to trade Pokemon and items, you can use this by right clicking other players.
  5. - Battling
    o You can battle other players by right clicking them. There are no rewards to PVP battles outside tournaments.
  6. - Drop
    o Wild Pokemons drop items. This is a temporary system to enable the acquiring of items, it will be replaced by other systems in the future.

Launched.

2 VERSION 1.3

1. - Add Craft System
    o Craft system will enable "players economy", many items will be made through crafting including items that do not exist in the original games and will enable the gathering of some Pokemon.
  2. - Add Guild System (Will enable breeding)
    o Guild System will enable the "Guild Place", the guild place will be a place that is unique to each guild, which will start as only a place with nothing and will be upgradable, each upgrade will add new functionality to the guild place, some upgrades include "farming space" for crafting itens,Shop Npcs, Day Care npc, etc.

Launch Ver 1.3

3 VERSION 1.6
  1. - Add Double and Triple Battles
    o Double and Triple battles will give a use for Party Systems and will enable the possibility for the Arena and Dungeon systems.
  2. - Add Party System
    o The party system will enable Player Parties to battle each other, as well enable Arena and Dungeon systems.
  3. - Add Arena System
    o The Arena system will enable Arena Teams to battle each other in Ranked Matches that will award special Arena Points, that will be used to acquire some items or pokemons. May also be used to enable some areas.

Launch Ver 1.6

4 VERSION 2.0
  1. - Add Dungeons
    o Dungeons will be places where you have to do "quests" in time trial, you'll be only be able to enter a dungeon with a Party, Legendary Pokemons may be obtained In boss battles in Dungeons.
  2. - Add Achievement System
    o Achievement System will show which Achievements you have completed.
  3. - Add Region HandCap
    o Region HandCap will make players have a need for new pokemon teams in each continent.
  4. - Finish Johto
    o Johto is completed which means, you can battle all eight gym leaders, the league and do some Johto related quests.

Launch Ver 2.0

5 VERSION 3.0
  1. - Add Abilities
    o Include Pokemon Abilities in the battle system.
  2. - Add Contests
    o Contest battles from Pokemon Ruby, may be delayed to other launch version, but it's in the RoadMap
  3. - Add New Dungeons
    o Add new Dungeons.
  4. - Add ...
    o Add things that were not thought yet. (Maybe Reputation/Faction Systems, etc)
  5. - Finish Hoenn
    o Hoenn is completed which means, you can battle all eight gym leaders, the league and do some Hoenn related quests.

Launch Ver 3.0

6 VERSION 4.0
  1. - Add New Attacks
    o Add Attacks from Gen 5 and 6
  2. - Add New Dungeons
    o Add new Dungeons
  3. - Finish Sinnoh
    o Sinnoh is completed which means, you can battle all eight gym leaders, the league and do some Sinnoh related quests.

Launch Ver 4.0

7 VERSION 5.0
  1. - Add Pokemons from 494 to 649
    o Add Pokemons from Unova Region
  2. - Add New Dungeons
    o Add New Dungeons
  3. - Finish Unova
    o Unova is completed which means, you can battle all eight gym leaders, the league and do some Unova related quests.
  4. Launch Ver 5.0

8 AFTER VERSION 5.0
  1. - Fix bugs and do maintenance to this project.
  2. - Maybe Add Mega Evolutions.
  3. - Start New Project as a continuation of this one, Pokemon MMORPG 3D
    o The idea comes from the point that much processing of the game is done through the server and upgrading the client to a 3D environment might be possible,
    the 2d game maps would be "converted" to 3D game maps through one algorithm that's already being designed. Everything that could be used from Pokemon The MMORPG will be,
    however there's still much work that would need to be done and it would not be easy to make all of that happen. It's on the Roadmap though, the starting condition for this new project
    is a good user base from Pokemon The MMORPG.

About the Project

The game is being developed in Game Maker Studio V 1.8 and the server is developed in Pure C++.

There are many problems with the Game Studio Engine that end up reducing the game quality(for example, you'll see some blurred charsets or tiles in the maps with weird borders), our Graphics are pretty good, but for some reason the engine downgrades their quality during game play, which makes us hate the engine, however there is 2 years of work done in this engine already and we will only change the engine when we upgrade the game to a 3D environment.

Our BattleSystem is working well, but it is limited by Game Maker Studio language limitations and was designed for up to Gen 3 moves, it still can't handle Gen 4 and 5 moves, we will completely rewrite the battlesystem to make it perfect, with a different architecture and functioning style, the new battle system will be released with the version 2.0 of the game.

A Video About the Project

Want to Play? ...RIght now you can't :( Open Beta has ended!! But keep this post at hand, we may be back anytime!!

You can still register and download the game in our website! However the server is down until the next beta.

http://pokeweb.sytes.net/

If you plan to play the game, it would be also nice to create an account in our forum! It can be accessed from the WebSite Navigation Bar.

Credits

Ferdinand- Main Developer, Mapper, Designer,Programer, etc
Camila - Made 40% of Kanto Maps.
Rafael - Made 65% of Johto Maps.
39ster made the 39dll that was used as base to create the powerfull Mult Threaded F39dll
Pokemon Essentials Team, for assembling all the Pokemon Data and some resources that were used in this project.
Bulbagarden wiki for some of the game formulas.
PsyPokes website where we mined some data from.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2016
I don't know why the game was moved here, it is completed, it will grow, but it is already a fully playable game.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I don't know why the game was moved here, it is completed, it will grow, but it is already a fully playable game.

" it will grow" meaning not finished or completed , but i really like the style of the game so far.

LeahB

Le-ha88
Years
So far, I like what I see and I'll definitely have to check this out. I especially like the idea of an actual tournament. Will there also be team quests? I'm not sure what the proper word for that is but I think you'll know what I mean, haha.

"No new threads should be made in here. All game threads start off in the Progressing Games section, and are moved here once the game is worthy of being here." according to the Games Showcase rules. You can always ask Maruno to move it over later on but it's always gonna start out in Progressing Games no matter what.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2016
LeahB, there will be no team quests, but there will be team dungeons. We still have to implement several things to get there, we already have a model for how dungeons will work. So in Dungeons you will get there with 2 other buddies, and will have to do several tasks, in time, to get to places, if you do everything correctly you get to the boss, nad after that you get to a prize room. But the tasks will be to hard to do alone, and boss battles are probably going to be double or triple battles. There will be other system for "party fight" like the arenas, but we haven't put much thought on that yet.

Hey Omega, sorry for taking soo much time to come here, I have been pretty busy with devlopment, there are a few updates:

Code:
Update Ver 0.04 - Fixes and New Stuff 2015/03/07 22:49:45
Okay, so after the server crashed we had to put all of our efforts in protecting the user when a crash happens. So what is new:
-Your account is saved from 3 to 3 minutes
-You can use chat command /save, to secure your account after doing something critical(like capturing a pokemon)
-There is a /help command that shows other chat commands and explain what they do.
-Now there is only one tournament (LVL 45), and there are no requirements to enter in it.(well you need at least 1 pokemon)
-Now you can use Z to talk to NPCs.
-Cerulean Cave (Mewtwo Cave) added to the game, thanks to Scheiner, who have created the maps.(However there is no Mewtwo in there, legendaries will be acquirable through the dungeon system in later updates)

Server Related
-We have created the "Zombie System", it is a system that rebirths the server if it crashes(rebirthing can take up to 3 minutes). That is why it is called the Zombie System, it get alive again after dying, get it? ...lol

Quick Patch V0.031 - Chat Command 2015/03/03 20:18:29
In this update:
- Bug Fixes (Trade-Evolve Fixed, you may now trade-evolve your pokemons without fear);
-Other bugs fixes;
-Chat Command Added:
/pokemon
This command shows all pokemons that appear in the map you are 
currently at. Remember that one Map might have 2 or more routes
and pokemons appear in routes.(which means, not all grass have
the same pokemons) 

Update Ver 0.2 2015/03/03 00:06:59
-Quest System Added!!
-First Quest Chain Added, you can start it with Professor Oak!
the last quests awards you with one of his Pokemons!
-Cerulean houses and bike shop fixed, now you can buy your bike!
-Some bronken moves were fixed.
-Now you can move using WASD.
For Next Version Expect:
-New Quests
-More...

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
LeahB, there will be no team quests, but there will be team dungeons. We still have to implement several things to get there, we already have a model for how dungeons will work. So in Dungeons you will get there with 2 other buddies, and will have to do several tasks, in time, to get to places, if you do everything correctly you get to the boss, nad after that you get to a prize room. But the tasks will be to hard to do alone, and boss battles are probably going to be double or triple battles. There will be other system for "party fight" like the arenas, but we haven't put much thought on that yet.

Hey Omega, sorry for taking soo much time to come here, I have been pretty busy with devlopment, there are a few updates:

Code:
Update Ver 0.04 - Fixes and New Stuff 2015/03/07 22:49:45
Okay, so after the server crashed we had to put all of our efforts in protecting the user when a crash happens. So what is new:
-Your account is saved from 3 to 3 minutes
-You can use chat command /save, to secure your account after doing something critical(like capturing a pokemon)
-There is a /help command that shows other chat commands and explain what they do.
-Now there is only one tournament (LVL 45), and there are no requirements to enter in it.(well you need at least 1 pokemon)
-Now you can use Z to talk to NPCs.
-Cerulean Cave (Mewtwo Cave) added to the game, thanks to Scheiner, who have created the maps.(However there is no Mewtwo in there, legendaries will be acquirable through the dungeon system in later updates)

Server Related
-We have created the "Zombie System", it is a system that rebirths the server if it crashes(rebirthing can take up to 3 minutes). That is why it is called the Zombie System, it get alive again after dying, get it? ...lol

Quick Patch V0.031 - Chat Command 2015/03/03 20:18:29
In this update:
- Bug Fixes (Trade-Evolve Fixed, you may now trade-evolve your pokemons without fear);
-Other bugs fixes;
-Chat Command Added:
/pokemon
This command shows all pokemons that appear in the map you are 
currently at. Remember that one Map might have 2 or more routes
and pokemons appear in routes.(which means, not all grass have
the same pokemons) 

Update Ver 0.2 2015/03/03 00:06:59
-Quest System Added!!
-First Quest Chain Added, you can start it with Professor Oak!
the last quests awards you with one of his Pokemons!
-Cerulean houses and bike shop fixed, now you can buy your bike!
-Some bronken moves were fixed.
-Now you can move using WASD.
For Next Version Expect:
-New Quests
-More...

It's alright, I have been wuite busy to get on here as well, lol. I really like that saving thing and the fact that you can now talk using Z. I remember at the very beginning being too used to the games that I pressed Z over and over before realising you had to click on 'em xD

LeahB

Le-ha88
Years

Actually, that sounds like what I was thinking of. I must have just used the wrong term for it, haha.

Years
  • Age 22
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2015
This game is pretty fun. There some small bugs and some grammatical errors, but it is an enjoyable game.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2016
Some news!
Code:
Update V0.05 - Lots of Stuff!! 2015/03/14 19:54:27
You can now acquire Aerodactyl, Eevee, Kabuto and Omanyte!
- 16 Quests Added !!!
- Aerodactyl and Eevee chain quests.
- Omanyte and Kabuto Quests
- Trade Quests
- Moon Stone Quests
- Etc
-Fixes:
-Fixed NPCs talk balloon below certain things in the map
-Fixes several other little things
-Diminished Safari Entrance Fee from 6000 to 3000, Safari Mechanics are now a bit reworked(easier), but may change again.
-Johto
-We created the AWESOMEGORITHM, an algorithm that extracts data from the original games and transform them in maps for our game, this means that the map development will speed up by about 60%, Johto and Hoenn will come faster than programmed!
-We already got all overworld maps from Johto, we still have to adapt the algorithm to get the game caves too. And adapt it to use in Hoenn, but things are looking promissing!!

Code:
Forgot some stuff! 2015/03/14 20:02:02
I forgot to mention, many things changed in this update!
One of them, NPCs that you have battled in the past will not charge you again, but will fight you if you click on them, or press Z around them.
-If I remember other things I will let you guys know!
-What is in for future updaes:
-Rival System: In places where you would fight your rival in the original games, you will fight the last player who beat the "rival", which means, the Rival battle will always be betwen your team, someone other player team pokemon! (the rival will still be a NPC though)

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Just started out again with a new account (Chandler) and I've reached Brock. I was lucky enough to have found a TM03 to use on my Squirtle, but when I talk to the Gym Leader, the following message appears:

Spoiler:

Is there any way I can continue playing?
Also, another thing I wanted to point out is that in my previous run, I had a Lv. 27 Tyrogue that just wouldn't evolve. If I'm not mistaken it evolves at Lv. 20.

EDIT: Got another crash after a battle vs. a wild Rattata.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2016
Just put an update fixing the issues! Thanks for reporting that !

-Drop Item Bug - Fixed!
-Gym Leader Bug - Fixed!

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2024
Hello! This game seems pretty promising but I've had some issues with visual glitching. It seems to happen mostly during battles, and it seems to get worse the more battles I get into. I was going to attach an image, but it won't allow me to due to not making enough posts. It seems no one else has had the issue, so is it only my computer? Is there a way I can show you an example of what I mean?

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2016
Thanks for reporting that ,please post the screenshot in our forum here : http://pokethemmorpg.forumeiros.com/f5-bug-reports

Edit:

Update V 0.055
Code:
Since we have been working in Johto we don't have much new content for this update, we improved the UI, battle animations and fixed some bugs though.

Our new addition to the Team, Odraah is creating awesome animations for the game attacks!!

Animations:

Now the following attacks have animation:

-Blizzard

-EarthQuake

-Sleep Powder

-Stun Spore

-Poison Powder

-Crunch

-Hyper Fang

-Air Cutter

-Fire Blast

-Shadow Ball

-Growl

UI:

-Now you can scroll scrolling bars using your Mouse Wheel (Up and Down)

-Battle UI changed a bit, now you attacks appears in the bottom part of the UI, in addition, you can use the hotkeys 1 2 3 4 to use your pokemon moves.

-Fixes:

-Ranking System (under testing)

-Moon Stone Cave (Clefairy wasn't dropping the quest item, this was fixed)

-Some Other Fixes.

Have Fun Playing!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2016
About to try this out; looks interesting - best of luck

EDIT;- Seems that its open beta is over and its currently down (Doesn't look like the websites been updated - this information is from the launcher)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2016
Yup. I'll be updating this post now,The Beta was very good, we learned a lot with user input however we couldn't keep suporting the game and develop at the same time with our very tight project time(which is the time left after we do all our college engineering projects) .
Good news are: Johto is almost done, we will have a battlesystem that work perfectly like the original(or at least we are trying very hard to make it perfect), + party battles, dungeons, etc. Breeding, Guild,, daily rewards, achievment system, these will all probably be up at the next beta.

Bad News are: RIght now, our project time is almost non-existent, this problem will vanish by the end of the semester.(July)

Thanks for the interest!! It's really good to see people around the project!

Back