• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Battle HUD has now been edited:
1-2.png
2-2.png
3-2.png
4-2.png
5-1.png
6-1.png
7-1.png
8-1.png
9-1.png
10-1.png
11.png
12.png

(and yes, I will fix the weird Pokeball palettes, its a side-effect of editing the HP bars, but it's an easy fix)

Cool new screenies I like the new backsprites and the new Gary Sprite also the battle and hp sprites are awesome as well. :D

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
The Grass tile could use a little more work or maybe you could change it since it doesn't really match with the trees very well. But other than that this hack is awesome. xD

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
This has got to be te prettiest hack I've ever seen :') i seriously. Cannot wait to play this because even now this is a big step in hacking in terms of battle animation, new evolutionary stones, and simple yet awesome graphics. It's going to be a huge influence on other people's hacks. And by other people i mean me :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Not really an update, but just some info I thought I should let you know:

1) Blue will have his own battle theme like every other rival in the Pokemon games does. I have composed a custom theme for him, and it will basically be a less epic version of Blue's Champion theme. That way when you do battle Blue as a Champion, you'll get this awesome feeling of "OMG I KNOW THIS SONG, BUT IT'S ALL EPIC NOW"

2) Speaking of music hacking, Jambo51 has told me how to extend the Direct Sound tracks available up to 12 (in the GBA Pokemon games, the limit is 5). You can expect to hear some pretty epic music, there are very few songs that I am keeping from the original FireRed game. (As with the Emerald incarnation of DarkViolet I was working on couple years ago, all songs will be in the same key that they were in the Generation I games, NOT FR/LG)

3) And lastly, after careful thought, I have finalized the TM list:
Spoiler:

EDIT: One more thing, the first playable release of this game will be an Alpha. It will contain:
Pallet Town
Route 1
Viridian City
Route 22
Route 2
Viridian Forest

I hope to have it ready by Christmas, but there is no guarantees.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Mother of Arceus, this looks fantastic! This is a great concept and I love it so far. "Re-imagining" hacks are my favourite, since you get to see a certain set of games in a new light.
Very well done. I eagerly await a release.

RedFan

Master Trainer
Years
Nice, it's back, I remember you had a release on the earlier version of the game, did you start over or continue?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Nice, it's back, I remember you had a release on the earlier version of the game, did you start over or continue?
Funny question, I've had this concept since 2009, and I've started it over, like, 4 times, due to constantly evolving ideas. But yes, I started over again. And this is hopefully the last time I start over.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Thanks to Jambo51, I'm no longer limited to 5 DirectSound tracks. Abusing that ability, here is some of the new music that you will be hearing in this hack:

Route 24/25
Title Screen (it's just the R/S/E title screen music, but the key has been changed from F to G)
Pallet Town
Route 3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/16/18/19/20/21/22
Rival Blue Battle (THIS WILL NOT BE THE CHAMPION BATTLE)
Rival Red/Green Battle

At first glance, the rival musics might sound exactly the same, but I've made a distinct difference towards the end to remind you of who you're actually battling.

Last edited:
Years
Damn dude. This looks awesome. FireRed is my favorite Gen 3 game but Ruby was the first one I played so this hack will be my favorite Gen 3 + nostalgia. And of course there's the updated sprites, move backgrounds, and graphics. I will be anxiously awaiting this.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I cant find the download, is there 1?
There aren't any releases yet. I'm planning on releasing an Alpha once I finish up to & including Viridian Forest.

Alternatively I could release an alpha now that ends at Route 1, but I want to give you guys a little more to play with than just a tiny bit.

But until I release an Alpha, I will provide little tidbits of stuff to keep you guys interested:
29vf3oz.png
1zqvg35.png

This will be the main method of obtaining berries in the game, and it will reset every time you enter the area (as a way to compensate for lack of day/night).

Also I changed the battle textbox again because the other one didn't look so good on actual hardware. This is the final one:
2j32o3p.png

EDIT: Also, here's some more DarkViolet music!

Green's Theme - This is Green's overworld theme. If you're a fan of the Mother/EarthBound series, you might notice a little musical quote I threw in at the end. This is an original song I composed.

Red's Theme - This is Red's overworld theme. Same as Green's, but lower, just like how in R/S/E, Brendan's theme is a lower version of May's theme (same with Lucas/Dawn in D/P/Pt, and Ethan/Lyra in HG/SS)

Route 1 - edited from an HG/SS midi

Wild Battle - a slightly edited version of the Mew battle theme from Pokémon Emerald.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Minor stuff:
1-3.png

I have successfully implemented Jambo51's mugshot hack thingy, allowing me to choose a mugshot for any trainer I want, and use any palette I want.

And I have several new maps completed, and I'm letting you see them in their entirety:
Route 1
Viridian City
Route 22
Route 2

Comments? Suggestions?

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2015
Minor stuff:
I have successfully implemented Jambo51's mugshot hack thingy, allowing me to choose a mugshot for any trainer I want, and use any palette I want.

And I have several new maps completed

Comments? Suggestions?
Actually, I don't comment often, I do have some suggestions. Skotein, a youtube artist of pokemon music, makes some great reorchestrated stuff. So maybe for the soft music use one or two of his songs. (They are on his homepage in playlists.) Also, I know this won't happen, but maybe do a DJtheFishhead jazz remix for lavender town and possibly his battle remix for maybe a super nerd or scientist or something. But other than that recommendation, great job so far, and keep up the good work. I look forward to playing this. Or maybe the Pokemon Epic! - battle theme for some random trainer or something.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Actually, I don't comment often, I do have some suggestions. Skotein, a youtube artist of pokemon music, makes some great reorchestrated stuff. So maybe for the soft music use one or two of his songs. (They are on his homepage in playlists.) Also, I know this won't happen, but maybe do a DJtheFishhead jazz remix for lavender town and possibly his battle remix for maybe a super nerd or scientist or something. But other than that recommendation, great job so far, and keep up the good work. I look forward to playing this.
I am doing all of the custom music myself, as I know a lot about music (I'm 1st chair Clarinet in my high school's band, I also play saxophone, and I also sing, and I am in my school's top choir).

A lot of the songs will just be GBA-ified versions of HG/SS songs (thanks to Jambo51's 12 direct sound hack). Rather than using HG/SS instruments, I'm still limiting myself to R/S/E/FR/LG instruments, because I am keeping a couple songs from the original FireRed ROM completely unchanged (such as Celadon City).

Several songs will be key-adjusted versions of their FR/LG versions, because in FR/LG they changed the keys of a lot of remixes. I want the songs to be heard in the original key that they were composed in during the 1st Generation games. For instance, in R/G/B/Y, the Vermilion City theme is in the key of A. In FR/LG, they changed it to the key of D and made it sound dumb, so I'm going to change it back to the key of A. Because I have perfect pitch (this is why I can identify key signatures so easily), this is really easy for me to do.

Some FR/LG still sound stupid no matter what key I change it to, such as the FR/LG battle theme, so I'll be composing a new R/S/E-style remix for that.

And finally, R/S/E has my favorite soundtrack. I've ported the Poke Mart theme, the "Follow Me!" theme, and the Hall of Fame room theme from R/S/E, and unlike lots of FireRed hacks, I've made it so that it sounds exactly like it does in R/S/E. I've seen FireRed hacks where people try and port songs from R/S/E and make it fit with FireRed voicegroups, which is just bad. I've ported all of the missing drum samples straight from Emerald into my FireRed ROM, and I actually make new voicegroups rather than re-using ones already in the game.

Random, but here's some more screens since there won't be any playable stuff for a while:
1-4_zps3f6fe394.png
14_zps515a3b5e.png

And some more screens of attacks:
13_zps70d077ea.png

New Hydro Pump animation

12_zpsbc7ddd35.png
11_zps0d2d5e24.png
10_zps047a48d5.png
9_zps49a954bc.png
8_zps5f4fbb46.png
7_zps1343b55b.png
5-3_zps0dbf5d6e.png
6-1_zps220566bf.png
3-7_zpsd8db172b.png
4-4_zpsf8e3cf76.png
2-8_zps0e44cb80.png

(I actually completed all of these animations back in October)

timson733333

Woah.
Years
I think Dragon Pulse and Flash Cannon should use different animations, but that's just me. And is it possible to import a custom Focus Blast background?

The hack looks really good. Keep it up :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2015
So excited for this hack. It looks absolutely incredible. Loving the custom animations.

Back