• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
I suppose, I just don't see why they would find the need to blank out an Eeveelution that we already know of. If you ask me it could be building up to a new reveal but that's just how I see it really..

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm still concerned about them not annoucing Gen VI's Lucario clone than announcing the new Eeveelution, which I know will be Dragon since all the Eeveelutions are based on former special types, or is Fennekin's evo going to be it?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm still concerned about them not annoucing Gen VI's Lucario clone than announcing the new Eeveelution, which I know will be Dragon since all the Eeveelutions are based on former special types, or is Fennekin's evo going to be it?

Hm... I wonder that too, I guess it's good to have a change to all of that. But if we do see a new Eeveelution and if it was Dragon-type, would it actually match the last character in the title of the short film? Seeing as that last character has two stars at the top.

Fureon

Psychic
Years
Well, what can I say? I WANT IT! Finally, a main series Pokemon game with spectacular 3D battling. In the past you had to choose between RPG gameplay (main series) and spectacular battles (Stadium/Colosseum/XD), and now you get all at once. Awesome! I've been waiting for this since I saw Stadium. I hope the 3D exploring is good too. I'm a bit worried since it still seems to stick to the grid based movement, but at least we'll get to see some beautiful scenery either way.

Now the only other thing I wish for is a good online functionality. I'd like to be able to actually meet new people in the game instead of realizing I have no friends and I can't battle with anyone or going into Underground/Entralink with no one there, just to pick up items.

And for the 3DS? Do they just want to make more money? I can't afford a 3DS and I'm not planning to afford a 3DS anytime soon, let alone buy it.
I don't want to offend you, but that's your problem, not Nintendo's.

They were on a good path with the DS, I don't know what the hell happened all of the sudden.
3DS happened.
Wake up, it's 2013.
It's been eight years since DS was released. Eight. Years.
I was surprised BW2 wasn't for 3DS.

Although I admit the graphics are really top-notch (what less would you expect on a freaking 3DS), they can't really call it fully developed 3D models unless they're from all angles like in, for instance, Poképark.
I'm pretty sure the camera will rotate during the battle, like in Stadium/Colloseum/XD.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Hm... I wonder that too, I guess it's good to have a change to all of that.

But this is a problem, because, not sure if this is going off-topic, which Pokemon will represent Gen VI for the next Smash Bros. title now that Zoroark and the rest of Gen V are old news, especially if it's not going to appear in the upcoming Genesect movie like Pichu in the Movie 3 short and Lucario in Movie 8? The Eeveelution is unlikely despite its possible appearance in the Movie 16 short due to it being a quadpedal Pokemon thus limiting its fighting style, and we're not sure if Fennekin's evo will be bipedal and be another Fire/Fighting type nor will Chespin and Froakie join with it like the Kanto starters. That's why it's important to have a Lucario clone.

But if we do see a new Eeveelution and if it was Dragon-type, would it actually match the last character in the title of the short film? Seeing as that last character has two stars at the top.

Dragon has a blue-purplish color scheme, though Ghost's color scheme is also purple.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Just throwing this out there, but I really like the axis concept with X and Y. I wonder what Z is gonna look like? I'm thinking something in the water. Xerneas is land based, Yveltal is air based. Or it could be another land based creature considering how the Z axis works.

ShinyOnion

YouTuber & Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
I Can't Wait! I Wonder What The Eeveelutions Will Look Like, How Many, And What These Awesome Starters Will Look Like. Personally, I Like Froakie

Guy

just a guy
Years
If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on a new Eeveelution being revealed in the next Pokémon Smash episode. Then again I'm not, and with my luck I'd probably lose that bet. Welp!

Seriously though, the chances of them revealing a new Eeveelution and then having it show up in a new trailer for the upcoming Pokémon movie is a very high possibility given all of the Eevee promotion that has been taking place for awhile now.

Just throwing this out there, but I really like the axis concept with X and Y. I wonder what Z is gonna look like? I'm thinking something in the water. Xerneas is land based, Yveltal is air based. Or it could be another land based creature considering how the Z axis works.
Something in the water is what I'd like to see. I deep sea serpent to be more specific. It could easily represent the Z-axis and signify depth while at the same time fit in with the much speculated Norse Mythology.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Anyone else really, really wanting a pokemon-walking thing like in HG/SS? I fthey do, I'd like it to be the MD style sprites though.
Also, anyone have an idea what the price will be? I'm guessing $70 as per normal, but...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Anyone else really, really wanting a pokemon-walking thing like in HG/SS? I fthey do, I'd like it to be the MD style sprites though.
Also, anyone have an idea what the price will be? I'm guessing $70 as per normal, but...
$70 for a 3DS Pokémon game? If that's what you'd pay, let me buy each and sell them back to you. I'll be happy to do business with you.

B2/W2 were available here for about $35 each (I think). On 3DS, they might be a little more ($40).

Cyclone

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
$70 for a 3DS Pokémon game? If that's what you'd pay, let me buy each and sell them back to you. I'll be happy to do business with you.

B2/W2 were available here for about $35 each (I think). On 3DS, they might be a little more ($40).

Cyclone

Hmm... I wasn't aware they were that cheap. I bought black and white from ebay, so I didn't see retail prices for that. I just know that HG/SS when they came out were 60-70 dollars I think

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hmm... I wasn't aware they were that cheap. I bought black and white from ebay, so I didn't see retail prices for that. I just know that HG/SS when they came out were 60-70 dollars I think
You bought them from eBay? No offense, but that explains everything. :P I bought SS for about the same $40 or so.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If you live in the US, the default price from Retail is $39.99 for 3DS games.

DS titles that are major titles like Pokemon or Mario are $34.99. HG/SS was $39.99 because of the Pokewalker. ($5 for a cheap piece of add on.)

They are sold the same way in Nintendo's main store. Amazon has those prices as well for current releases. Ebay is a horrible place to buy anything due to over inflation.

Hm... I wonder that too, I guess it's good to have a change to all of that. But if we do see a new Eeveelution and if it was Dragon-type, would it actually match the last character in the title of the short film? Seeing as that last character has two stars at the top.

Zorua/Zoroark aren't really Lucario clones. They don't have much in common with each other other than they were in a movie, but so were legendaries. Evolution methods are different, and so are level of exclusiveness. Zorua was pretty much Event only with no way to get one outside of trade while Riolu was easily available in its release game and a guaranteed prize. Only reason fans see them as clones are because of the movies.

If we wanna discuss clones, we need to see what Pikachu Clone they'll come up with. Gen 2 was Pichu/Marill depending on who you ask (Pichu a direct line to Pikachu and Marill being a similar base of Pikachu as well as the target of the Pikablu rumor from Red/Blue days.). Gen 3 had Plusel and Minun, two electric rodents (totally rabbits IMO) and mascots of the Double Battle feature. Gen 4 had Pachirisu, another electric rodent, who was given to the female protagonist. Gen 5 Emolga, flying electric rodent again given to the female protagonist.

Obviously its going to be an electric Rodent (Oh look something used MORE than Fire/Fighting that isn't whined about like its a sacrilege.)

Then you have our Normal type Rodent clones (rattata) and Normal/Flying typed bird clones (pidgey).

I'm way more interested in these. (Ya its not sarcasm for those reading it that way. Some of my favorites are the clones or cloned per generation. Pidgey/Bidoof)

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016

DS titles that are major titles like Pokemon or Mario are $34.99. HG/SS was $39.99 because of the Pokewalker. ($5 for a cheap piece of add on.)

They are sold the same way in Nintendo's main store. Amazon has those prices as well for current releases. Ebay is a horrible place to buy anything due to over inflation.
The trick to using eBay is to know your market. I found a copy of Fortune Street there that I got for about $32 by the time I was done. If I'd bought it at Best Buy, or EB, or such, it would have cost me over $55 after taxes ($49.99 retail).

Cyclone

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years

...Doesn't help that I don't live in the US.... And I did do a price check. It was cheaper for me to get Black and White off eBay then to buy them at the store.
Also, when I said ~$70, I meant AU money. Sorry, I didn't realise the price difference

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Obviously its going to be an electric Rodent (Oh look something used MORE than Fire/Fighting that isn't whined about like its a sacrilege.)

Nobody was complaining about the Pikachu clones because it's a tradition by GF like the regional rodent and bird. The Fire/Fighting thing was just a trend that lost its luster by the fans.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Nobody was complaining about the Pikachu clones because it's a tradition by GF like the regional rodent and bird. The Fire/Fighting thing was just a trend that lost its luster by the fans.

Could be a late tradition. Most annoying thing about Fire/Fighting, all the needless complaints. No one complains when other type comboes are done. Like Normal/Flying which is one of the most used. Only reason it gets so much flack is because its on a starter Pokemon. But then again we've had a bunch of pures who are only complained about when compared to the others.

I'm kinda hopin for Fire/Fighting mostly cause I don't want Fennekin to be Fire/Psychic, doesn't help that I'm expecting Fennekin to be a forbidden love child of Snivy and Flareon. Making it Fire/Psychic, possibility of Gamefreak trolling and making it Physical based Pokemon with hardly any worth while physical attacks, and completely ruining its stat/move lists making it look good only for pre-release and suck horribly upon use.

Another reason I hope Fire/Fighting...cause I really want Froakie to be Water/Flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back