• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
NO, he was left in the woods to train, that is what serebii said. And he did not disband rocket, he left for a short while to train. Which would still make him the leader, just not wanting to be incontrol.

But you started up an old topic, let us get on topic of the game.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
NO he did disband Team Rocket completely. Giovanni left Silver to rot in Kanto after disbanding Rocket becuase of being beaten by Red. So the whole Giovanni thing can be taken how he wants after that.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2011
Who the hell cares about being cannon? Its a GREAT GAME- Thats what matters.

Speaking of which, rough idea when a beta will be released? Its been in dev for a while.
----------------

And btw, I must say... the Pokemon in the region look FANTASTIC. I mean, amazing... great great great job.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
...........And I was griped at on the Acanthite Forums by a mod for not using a spoiler tag when mentioning the Kamon/Giovanni relation.................WHY? Because, apparently, it's been common knowledge to everyone else anyway.... -_- unfortunately, I haven't gotten the chance to read the manga yet, so I had no idea it was already implicated/outright said.

Either way, just glad to know that HGSS didn't screw anything up too badly.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
NO he did disband Team Rocket completely. Giovanni left Silver to rot in Kanto after disbanding Rocket becuase of being beaten by Red. So the whole Giovanni thing can be taken how he wants after that.
No, the only thing he did was go train. Now you everybody made the assumption that he disbanded just because their was no word. Why would he disband his heritage. And he left Kamon to train in the woods.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
I'll sum this up for your dumb ass. Red pwned Giovanni's ass and in general his organization's ass in RGBY/FRLG, so Giovanni left his son for dead. Silver grew bitter hatred of The Rockets and sought to bring them down and the leader, which is ironicly his own father.

To sum you up ,you're a complete retard because all this information is readily available on Bulbapedia and an ass.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
I'll sum this up for your dumb ass. Red pwned Giovanni's ass and in general his organization's ass in RGBY/FRLG, so Giovanni left his son for dead. Silver grew bitter hatred of The Rockets and sought to bring them down and the leader, which is ironicly his own father.

To sum you up ,you're a complete retard because all this information is readily available on Bulbapedia and an ass.

Whats wrong with you? Whether you are right or not, show some common decency rather that insulting someone for not knowing every bit of info you yourself does.

Not too mention this isn't even your thread, show at least some respect to the developer's and don't go break the rules with your swearing and such in their thread.

EDIT: I'm sorry if this is considered wrong in any way, I just have a problem with blatant lack of respect or consideration for others when the other person did not bring that level of it upon themselves.

Last edited:

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Where is it said exactly that the training took part in the woods? It doesn't matter in the slightest for Acanthite's story, I'm just curious.

That window of three years is extremely helpful - a lot happens. When Argus resurfaces as the "temporary" Team Rocket leader, Giovanni certainly doesn't intend to return to the regime that Argus inspires, nor have any part in Argus' main plot. The motivations for this become clear at points AFTER Silver's argument with Giovanni in the flashback in the Celebi event. Some of these things I will not spoil, but Giovanni escapes his old life for a time during his training and begins building a new reputation for himself in a new land which will fall apart during the events of Acanthite in good time for him to consider returning to Team Rocket when he hears Apollo's broadcast following the breakdown of Argus' reign of terror (it's obviously not a secret that Argus won't be in charge of Team Rocket by the end of Acanthite since Apollo is the apparent caretaker during HGSS so that's not really a spoiler - how it happens WOULD be a spoiler!).

I can confirm that Apollo will appear in the background of Acanthite but won't have a prominent role. You will see the beginnings of the circle of power that is the placeholder administration for Team Rocket you see in HGSS.

Following the heated argument of the HGSS flashback, something very significant will reconcile Giovanni and his son and daughter (an event that was already planned for the story, and now serves to explain how they return to be a little more solid as a family after the heated row of the Celebi event - though there is a certain amount of fragility to their life).

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
*re-reads Acanthite storyline on 1st page, then facepalms*

AAAAAHHHHHHH..........NOW it makes sense, heh.

And seriously, guys, enough with the flaming already; it ain't necessary.

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
I have one question, will it be available to download for mac computers? Because there is only like 2 Pokemon ROMs that actually work for Mac.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
I have one question, will it be available to download for mac computers? Because there is only like 2 Pokemon ROMs that actually work for Mac.

For one, its not a hack so it would not use a rom in most every situation (every situation as far as I know)

Secondly, I believe games made on RPG Maker XP will not work on Macs.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Looking through the Fakemon section on DeviantArt, I came across the new Tidalisk art............niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Legendaries

Ginzuishou/Heavy-Metal-Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 2, 2021
I'm still sad that they removed Prodisc from the game :( It was awesome Pokemon :D

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
Don't assume that to be the final, it isn't final until it's on our website.

Now that design suits much better. :)

But where do those horns come from?

You can always get those open source Windows XP emulators for your mac if you really want to play or you could just switch your OS for Windows.

Last edited:

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Iguaqua by Hallm3 has horns, it makes sense for them to get bigger when it evolves ;)

The final Tidalisk will be less bulky and more streamlined.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
Didn't know he had two horns though. The second horn on his final form look out of place to me, but it's looks great.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
I still miss the tree starters. D:

Well, except the first one, but whatever.

Iguagua is a lot cooler now. I agree with what you said about the horns, Fangking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back