• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabri

m8
Years
Oh my god, Gareth Bale did really score three goals against Inter. :O
He's such a wonderful player.

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Bale was exceptional in last night's game against Inter Milan! I wish there were a little time left for the spurs to score the 4th goal; I wanted them to win, to be honest. Tottenham were at a disadvantage, with Gomez getting a red cart in the quarter of the first half, playing with 10 players, a couple of players, Vart and the Russian guy, not playing..

Inter Milan dominated and had higher possession in the first half, though the spurs made "periodic" chances. In the second half, Tottenham pretty much controlled the game then, again, despite the advantage they were in.

Does anybody think Gomez deserved a straight red car? A yellow card would have been more reasonable and fair, to be honest.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Ugh. I was offered tickets to watch Atlético-Rosenborg but I had to drop them because tomorrow I'll have to be up really early to do annoying work D: Not happy.

PFFFFT 3-0 and Agüero turning Rosenborg's defense upside down. WHY DIDN'T I GO?

And, about Rooney, I'd dread the moment he would be sent to Madrid in exchange for Benzema. The Frenchman is doing a really good work at our neighbours' doing nothing at all, and Rooney might even work as a striker there. No thanks.

Last edited:

Gabri

m8
Years
Unexplainable fact: Sporting CP's doing wonders in the Europa League (2-1 vs Lille, 5-0 against Levski and 5-1 against Gent) and has been sucking in the Portuguese league.

Simply unexplainable.

Ivysaur

Years
You tell that to Sttutgart, 3 wins there... and 4 points in the league XD

Also Rooney only wanted a better contract. He could have said that earlier XD

Gabri

m8
Years
Also Rooney only wanted a better contract. He could have said that earlier XD

All that noise was probably to push Man U even more into giving him a better contract. If he only said he wanted more cash, it wouldn't be solved this soon.

monkeyandhead

I didn't train to be a Pilot.
Years
Classic derby, Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade) v Partizan Belgrade tonight.
I'm excited because I support Red Star, and I really hope they finally end their losing streak again'st Partizan. These matches earn so much recognition they're added to the Fifa website and also Classic team list.

I'm expecting a few red cards maybe, and a 2-2 scoreline.

Years
The most likely reason was to get more money but some people think he might have held out until the Glazers promised to sign a few players.

I hope its the latter. :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Premiership today, routine win for Chelsea, Spurs and Everton and West Brom fourth after beating Fulham. West Brom have started well this year but it could be another story similar to Hull two seasons ago.

Gabri

m8
Years
I loved Baines's goal vs Tottenham.
And Ronaldo just scored 4(!) goals against Racing. Omg. I don't know if he's crazy, if he's on drugs, or if it is the Mourinho effect.

Ivysaur

Years
It's that Racing is just 1 point away from relegation XD

And that RM always loves scoring half a dozen goals against weak teams. As long as they keep losing 2-0 to Barça, I'll be fine.

Years
I love how its mainly EPL-La Liga with a bit of internationals in here.

I'm quite surprised there is no MLS chat going on.

I'm going to go ahead and shot some SPL in here, Celtic-Rangers today and both of them have a 100% record going into the match.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
I'm quite surprised there is no MLS chat going on.

The Americans i've spoken to weren't even aware that the MLS existed, so yeah.

To sum up this weekend's football then;
* Ugh @ Man Utd winning (Back to being the BESTEST TEAM EVAAAR, then) and that horrible little scrotum Hernandez scoring twice.
* So, so glad Arsenal thumped shitty at Eastlands. Should shut their moron fans up.. for a couple of hours at least.
* The league is still Chelsea's to lose, they were totally unconvincing against Wolves and yet came away with a comfortable 2-0 win and never looked like losing. Strongest team in the Prem this year by a mile.
* Someone should actually set fire to Andy Carroll.
* LMAO @ Celtic.

That's about it ^^

Years

To sum up this weekend's football then;
* Ugh @ Man Utd winning (Back to being the BESTEST TEAM EVAAAR, then) and that horrible little scrotum Hernandez scoring twice.

Funny, I consider you a horrible little scrotum.

Manchester United aren't the best team ever you idiot. Far from it. I support them and I know we aren't up to par.

Ivysaur

Years
La Liga this weekend: Valencia lost to Mallorca because a defender kicked the grass too harshly- penalty, of course, for a final 1-2. Athletic lost to Sevilla after the referee considered that the Sevilla player Negredo, who had committed a foul in Athletic's box, was now playing for Athletic and conceded a penalty instead of a goal kick, for a final 4-3.

Then the best show happened in Villarreal 2 - 0 Atlético: the referee refused to concede three obvious penalties on Agüero. After the second one, he immediately called the end of the first half, even though the ball was still around Villarreal's box, and sent Atlético's coacher off for protesting. Just beautiful.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Funny, I consider you a horrible little scrotum.

LMAO ok

I don't believe we've spoken before, so i'm guessing you dislike me because of the above post?

Manchester United aren't the best team ever you idiot. Far from it. I support them and I know we aren't up to par.

Part in bold = a tad unnecessary tbh. The rest, full agreed. When I watched them a few weeks ago (Live, not on Sky) they were absolutely shocking. And from what I can gather that's how they've been playing so far this season.

Like I said in my previous post; the league is Chelsea's to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back