• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Why are the better spriters being ignored :p
@ jappio: Nice sprites.
I really like the amperos type change, it looks pretty well made, good colour choose aswell!
I think your sunflora ghost type, has to much dithering going on in the ghostly clouds.

@ NikaNorou: I dont think you will be flamed at for bad sprites, since there pretty good comared to other spriters.
That Giratina sprite, whats that white stuff, looks like it's stuck in it hhehe, very nice piece of pixel art though.
it's a cloud, as exists in the figurine. And I was joking, of course.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
I've been reading Chesu's spriting tutorial and decided to try spriting my own trainer overworlds using paint.net and this is what I came with. Unfortunately, they look stiff when actually animated, especially the male trainer. This is my first time spriting overworlds so it would be nice if I could have some criticism on what I can do to improve these sprites.
Also, I'm not very good at shading, especially since I'm limited to 16 colors.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
Can I get some opinions on this? It's a fakemon I created from scratch.

Ginokamisprite.png

Ginokami is its name.

DGexe

Taunter
Years
When it comes to scratch, I'm pretty shoddy at it...

On the other hand, I fancy myself a decent slice-spriter. Point in case, my signature... I made it as soon as I could get my hands on a HG/SS sprite sheet. How does it look?

[As you can tell, the Haunter is a simple recolor-- it's mostly the trainer I'm wondering about]

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
if you think you can do better remake them!

She was just giving you constructive criticism. And your sprites do need some work in the areas specified in her post. I suggest taking a good look at each sprite focusing on the outline. You should notice where the outline looks choppy or to light.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
if you think you can do better remake them!

You shouldn't get so worked up, I was only giving constructive critisism as Conan said.
But if you insist..
remake.png

Must I go on? And don't you dare post this remade one as your own without crediting me..

It's up to you If you accept either c+c or not, if you do use it in your advantage to get better at spriting. If you go whining because you can't have critisism I would say you should give up.

For now, If you are planning on trying to become better it's the best to accept constructive crisism. Do something with it, it helps becoming better. Now quit whining about my critique.

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
Years
Must I go on? And don't you dare post this remade one as your own without crediting me..
Wrong.

If you edit other people's work for the sake of critique, then the guy has all the right to incorporate your edits to his work, or reject them, whenever you like it or not. It all comes down to this: It's his concept, and when you edit it, you're just adding to it, not making it yours.
He could credit you if he wanted, but he doesn't have to.

Keep this in mind when editing the works of others, and remember that for your edits to become helpful, you need to explain the changes you made to the sprite, and include the proper process, depending on the skill level of the person you're helping.

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Well said, Smash.

mariobras276692.png

WIP of a bigger scene I'm doing atm, kinda inspired by -Smash's fantastic avatar. I'm doing my own take on Super Mario World.

Chipdachimchar

Chimchar Master
Years
You shouldn't get so worked up, I was only giving

It's up to you If you accept either c+c or not, if you do use it in your advantage to get better at spriting. If you go whining because you can't have critisism I would say you should give up.

For now, If you are planning on trying to become better it's the best to accept constructive crisism. Do something with it, it helps becoming better. Now quit whining about my critique.
thanks 4 the great sprite im sorry 4 getting worked up if you make a shading tutorial i coud make the other 2 better

Chipdachimchar

Chimchar Master
Years
ive tried to follow frosslass_maniacs constructive criticism and tried making teerupts legs more round
ps.to frosslass_maniac do u think the concept was good but the sprites werent

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Will there be a spindly-tweak Yoshi as well? :D

I really like that style, though Luigi's legs look a bit choppy without a dark background.

Well I'm planning on doing atleast bowser, Peach, a few enemies and a background, so i think i will end up doing Yoshi as well :)

Yeah, I agree about the legs, i'll see how they look on the background before I edit them too much. Thanks for the crits bro.

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
Years
I call this one "IN THE NAME OF LOGOS"

PhotobucketUpld-2432.png

I started just moments ago.. That's the current progress. No references, and I limited myself to a peculiarily challenging pallete.

C&C may be unexpected, but gladly welcomed.

Remember to all hail Ms Paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back