• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyPikachu777

Best Wishes
Years
I recently obtained an EDGE card but I am still unsure if I want to upload Pokemon Soul Silver onto it because Im afraid it will mess up the card itself(I just got it so excuse my bluntness.) If I do, will I have to do every single step taken to avoid freezing on the emulator or will the card take care of it for me?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Damn it! I can't play the roms, even with Pokemon League Champion patches.
Guys, you know what? Let's just wait for the Pokemon HG/SS english roms.
They can't have any crashes and freezes.

But to confort you guys, i have a Soul Silver rom that never freezes, that never crashes, and most of it is in english.

And I have completed the game. Now i'm doing all the events.

But there is more. My rom can go to Wi-Fi battle!!!!!! Don't ask me how i did that because i just clicked on every keys of the keyboard and then that happened.

The only thing i can do is trading pokemon.

And if i try to upload the rom it says that the file is too big to upload.

Thanks for listening and PLEASE guys STOP ARGUING.
(Sorry if i have bad grammar.)

If you're going to utterly lie, atleast try to sound intelligent. Oh, and by the way, uploading ROMs to this forum is against the rules. Not to mention the English ROM, when it's available, will probably have more pirate checks, so it will freeze more often then the Japanese ones do now. I'd like to know what you base your logic on. Just because it's in English, it "can't have any crashes and freezes"?

Anyway, with the ROM image crashing thing, I just went "what the heck," and decided to convert my savefile and use the HGSS PokeSav on it to level up my Pokemon a bit. I figured, if it always crashes, what's the problem in poking around a bit? When I converted it back to No$GBA's save format, it loaded back up. So I would try either converting the savefile to something else and back, or converting, editing something stupid and unneeded if you're against cheating, and converting back. It worked for me.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Ok, I'm frustrated with my rom.
Everytime I open it with NO$GBA, it says some Japanese things which I don't understand. HELP!

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
Ok, I'm frustrated with my rom.
Everytime I open it with NO$GBA, it says some Japanese things which I don't understand. HELP!

Well, considering it's a Japanese rom... Seriously.
When you boot up and it gives you three japanese options on the emulated touch screen, choose the bottom one.
That will get you on your way to beginning your Japanese HG/SS Adventure.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2010
But i went to wi-fi battle only once and then it crashed.

And by the way the crashes and freezes are back.

BR25

The guy who loses at everythin
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
I dont know if this has been posted already but when i open the rom its just a blue screen with japanese writing (emulator NO$gba)

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
There is clearly an error with the rom itself.
Download a fresh one from somewhere(Don't ask me where, Google is your friend)
and try again.

It may also be the emulator you're using.
What version of No$Gba are you using? 2.6 or 2.6a?
Or do you use a lower version?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2010
USE THIS CHEAT AND SET IT TO RAW
020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000
THEN RESET IT IT SHOULD WORK AND THE BLACK SCREEN WOULD BE GONE
AND THE SAVE GAME ISSUE I CANT HELP I THINK U SHUD WAIT TILL MARCH - APRIL FOR IT
I MEAN ENGLISH VERSION RELEASE DATE IS MARCH 14

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2010
Hey guys just wanted to say nice work on the patches and stuff. I been playing soul silver on no$gba 2.6a. I'm after the 3rd gym and I try to save in the northen part of goldenrod where the you either go to the pokethlon dome or the the national park and i try to save after this points in the game and it keeps crashing when I try to save, I get the NO$GBA FATAL rom image has crashed. I've tried saving in different places outside the dome in it, different parts of the national park and violet city and it still crashes right after it finishes saving :( I'm using Magnius's Pokemon Soul Silver Translation v4

Last edited:

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2013
As far as Emulating goes, I've had a lot of luck with No$Zoomer.

Unpack it into the same directory as No$GBA, and just run No$Zoomer.

When I used it in conjunction with the codes:

020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

I found it to be fully playable, with no save issues.

Hope this helps,

P.S. This MUST be used with No$GBA 2.6a... Apparently, it won't really provide any benefits if used with a lower version (Though I haven't tested this).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2010
As far as Emulating goes, I've had a lot of luck with No$Zoomer.

Unpack it into the same directory as No$GBA, and just run No$Zoomer.

When I used it in conjunction with the codes:

020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

I found it to be fully playable, with no save issues.

Hope this helps,

P.S. This MUST be used with No$GBA 2.6a... Apparently, it won't really provide any benefits if used with a lower version (Though I haven't tested this).

hmm I tried running the no$zoomer and tried to save and it still crashes when trying to save cries :(

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2010
Just go here everyone:
Soul silver: [had to remove this from the quote cause I don't have enough posts to post links]
Heart gold: [see above]
I didnt make it btw!
these downloads translate the text and stop the freezing (it stops all random freezing aswell)!
also it should run at top speed including flash carts!

What if the ROM I've been using already has a patch? Should I just download a new, unpatched one? If I do, do I rename the ROM to whatever my save file name was? Also, will the patch put the ROM in english? Also, whether or not I have to add an english patch after this patch, won't it mess the game up, since it'll be slightly different than the one I had? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just want to be clear with this whole process.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2010
I'm having the problem where the rom image crashes when I try to save after beating Whitney on SoulSilver. I've tried multiple patches and no$zoomer but nothing's helped. Any fix for this yet?

antzmaster89

Upcoming Master
Years
Well looks like people will have to wait for the english rom or for the people with a DS themselves can buy it next month when it hits the stores.. But it'd be nice to know where the working english patches are.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
I need a patch that would make the KOREAN HGSS work under NO$GBA.

The problem with Korean versions is exactly the same as with Japanese - after Oak Intro the screen blacks out and you can hear muted New Bark Music. I've tried patching it with the same patch that I used for Japanese version but it didn't work.

I really need patch for KOREAN versions.

And yes, I have the most recent NO$GBA version.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
I need help.
I cant get a patched rom at all after using DeltaGUI.
I do everything it says in the read me and nothing happens.
I don't get another file with 124-125 mb with patched at the end of the name?
Help?

Edit: Forget it, I download a prrepatched one.

Last edited:

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Use the Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver Roms from the "HG/SS ORIGINAL Rom" folder to do the following:

STEP 1 - Patch Original Rom with the "No-Freeze RUDOLPH PATCH".

STEP 2 - [Optional - ONLY if you want the menus, Pokemon, attacks, etc. in English]
Patch with the ENGLISH PATCH

(I use KAZOWAR's english patch v6)

STEP 3 - Patch with the CHEAT PATCH.
[It patches the No-Black Screen AR cheat into the game to stop the Black Screen.]

sTEP 4 - Use the ROM DECRYPTER.

STEP 5 - Go into No$GBA's Emulator Settings and make sure the Reset/Startup Entrypoint is set to "GBA BIOS (Nintendo Logo)" before playing.

--------------
As it happens, I think I'm not allowed to post the links. These are easily found on the Internet, do a Google search. If you become tired of enabling DS cheats manually every time you start up No$GBA download an auto trainer called DSATM. It can patch a rom PERMANENTLY with an anti-black screen code, like this one:

020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

Patches? Rudolph's anti freeze is the best. Follow the instructions above for the best result.

Save often and exit when you do. No$GBA 2.6a only writes SAVs when you exit the emulator. ROM running slow?

Set the EMULATION SPEED in options to Unlimited MHZ disaster 50% NDS catridge backup to Auto. Put Sound Output to DIGITAL MONO and Sample rate to LOW.

Can't help those with DESMUME. The best you can do with this is set the FRAMERATE up higher. Speed up codes for NO$GBA 2.6a (DOES NOT WORK WITH DESMUME):

SPEED UP CODES
*WARNING: DO NOT ENTER TRAINER CARD WHEN USING, results in FREEZE*
Movement 2x (NPC sprites stuffed up, does not affect actual gameplay)
E2000400 00000018
6837AE06 D1012F03
60372709 D0022B02
085F0056 1C164770
02000418 47701C1F
52000418 47701C1F
02061F30 FA66F79E
D0000000 00000000

Make Game faster
1200F798 00002200
1200F7BC 00002200
12002316 00002100
1201FF8E 00001C0C
1201FF90 00004818
1201FFBE 0000BD10
0201FFC0 E7E53C2D
1201FFCE 0000D0DF
1201FFDA 0000E7F1

HOW TO FIX THE INTRO UP
Experiencing Black-Screen? This is because you haven't ENCRYPTED your ROM yet

HAVING PROBLEMS FINDING THINGS I'VE MENTIONED?
I downloaded a compilation of all the aforementioned programs from EVILCLOWNBOBO. *hint hint*

Lol, shouldn't be anymore emulation problems now ^_^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2011
When is the SS english rom (non patch) gonan be released?

When will pokemon HG/SS be released English rom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back