• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Member interaction center

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
How about two of my suggestions for this will-be forum...

★A "Who's that member" thread. This will give faint clues about who the member is, and the guessers should guess the correct one. Obviously his/her friends will find it easier to guess, so that will lead people to interact with more people. Also the member chosen shouldn't be notified, because he might tip his friend that it is him (it will be funny to see a person who guessed himself!)

★Moar frequent MotYs. Something like a Member of the Month will do. Because we have to wait a whole year and it will give publicity to the MotY.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
★Moar frequent MotYs. Something like a Member of the Month will do. Because we have to wait a whole year and it will give publicity to the MotY.

As far as I know, due to abuse by um, various members (me), MOTM's aren't going to happen again because they only give rise to popularity issues and what not.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yeah, I wouldn't be for MotM coming back (and that'd just possibly promote one of the issues that this section makes me worry about!)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I think what he's saying is that the only thing similar to MOTM that will ever happen would be MOFY. No matter how often it happens though it will probably end up being more of a popularity contest though.So I don't think that's what's gonna happen in this new section.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Yeah, no from me to MotY happening any more than once a year (indeed, if it was my choice, it'd be scrapped completely but there's another time and place for that!) since it's a fairly big event, can turn into a popularity contest if held too often, PC might not even hold that level of activity any more, etc. I think MotY is fine as it is.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Member of the Year has nothing to do with the Member Interaction Center, so if that's what you want to talk about and maybe get more of, please make a new thread to discuss that. :/

Honest

Hi!
Years
Let the MotM thing be yearly, if not decade-ly.

ANYWAY. I'm quite pleased to hear that we're having a test run, it should be awesome. I really think this can be a success, we just have to stick with it. =D

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I wasn't around enough to test MotM. I'm really happy this idea was approved. I hope it comes soon enough available to regular members. Can't wait to use/help.

droomph

weeb
Years
Member of the Year has nothing to do with the Member Interaction Center, so if that's what you want to talk about and maybe get more of, please make a new thread to discuss that. :/
Well, considering this is the forum to get to know about members, if (and hopefully never) they hold it, shouldn't it be held in the Member's Interaction forum?

Anyways.

Honest

Hi!
Years
^No. How does holding the MotM, which is essentially a popularity contest, being held in a section where you find out more about people make any sense?

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Like Dipu said, MotY is nothing more than people voting on other people in categories they think they are appropriate in. In very little ways does that relate to a section made for members interacting and engaging themselves in things that allow them to grow closer to each other.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
If I think well, this forum is for users to meet and get closer to each and maybe create bonds so I do not see how an event like this would fit.
And I see what you meant droomph.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Wait, so when's the trail run going to begin, Nick? I wanna experience it from the start lmao.

EDIT: TRIAL RUN

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Maybe after they choose a moderator, create the rules, prepares something. I dunno. Or is everything ready to begin Patchisou?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Give us some time, guys! =p If we go with a prototype subsection (I think that's ideal so the supporter's section won't be suddenly cluttered), we'd need to have an admin make it (so Nick can't just do it all himself), someone will need to write up at least some prototype rules/guidelines about the forum section, and so forth. If we go with a trial sign up process then there'd need to be a thread for that too.

I doubt we'd choose a mod from the getgo, especially for a trial. We'll worry about that when it happens though.

Back