• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

HikariYagami

Old School Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
Type Changes

Venomoth is now Poison/Flying types
Granbull is now Normal/Dark types
Blastoise is now Water/Fighting types
Charizard is now Fire/Dragon types
Meganium is now Grass/Poison types
Feraligatr is now Water/Dark types
Typhlosion is now Fire/Fighting types

While some changes are pretty nice like charizard, feraligatr and meganium (who suited very well), the changes with typhlosion and blastoise does not make sense to me cuz they both does not learn any fighting type moves by themselfs, like the others do (without TMs). (i.e totodile learns bite and charizard learns dragonbreath by level up).

blue

gucci
Years
While some changes are pretty nice like charizard, feraligatr and meganium (who suited very well), the changes with typhlosion and blastoise does not make sense to me cuz they both does not learn any fighting type moves by themselfs, like the others do (without TMs). (i.e totodile learns bite and charizard learns dragonbreath by level up).

Well I thought considering half of the starters originally have dual types and the other half don't it's kind of uneven and so, I fixed it so that they all have dual types.. I was cautious about this at first and I may revert it back to normal but they were the types that best suited to their appearance. I'm certain more people will disapprove of these changes so like I say, it may not be permanent. I've left the Hoenn starters unchanged because they're the main starters for this region and I didn't really want to interfere with the types for them considering it would dis balance type advantage/disadvantages, where as with the other starts it doesn't matter too much as the rivals only use Hoenn starters. It just make things a little more interesting really..

Years
Um are u sure sure Typhlosion has fight type moves?[flamethrower,swift,slash,smokescreen,flame wheel]are all i remember.

And as i recall Blastoise is part fight type cuz I know I made him learn mach punch and mega
punch I think :D

Edit: I dont think that Typhlosion can learn a fight move even with Tm but Blastoise can Suicune...

blue

gucci
Years
Um are u sure sure Typhlosion has fight type moves?[flamethrower,swift,slash,smokescreen,flame wheel]are all i remember.

And as i recall Blastoise is part fight type cuz I know I made him learn mach punch and mega
punch I think :D

Edit: I dont think that Typhlosion can learn a fight move even with Tm but Blastoise can Suicune...

Well, I've implemented Brick Break (Fighting move) into both Blastoise & Typhlosions movepool to fit their new typing and I've also added Outrage to Charizards.

HikariYagami

Old School Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
m are u sure sure Typhlosion has fight type moves?[flamethrower,swift,slash,smokescreen,flame wheel]are all i remember.

punch I think

blastoise and typhosion can learn fighthing moves like dynamic punch, but not naturally (now they can learn cuz it was edited, but not originally... ) thats why i disagree with those 2 cases.

But since the idea is balance the things, Sceptile was not suppose to be grass/poison maybe? even u saying to not disbalance the hoenn starters, blaziken and swampert already are dual-type?

Years
Brick break is bad try punches and such,and for Charizard try adding Dragon Claw but leave Outrage its very strong and cool :),for poison types add sludge bomb if that thing even exist I dont remember good

HikariYagami

Old School Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
BTW, i've apllyied the 7.0 patch and somehow my emerald seems untouched (like a clear ROM) o.o

Edit: maybe something is wrong with the ips file, cuz i just noticed that it have just 3kb......)

blue

gucci
Years
Brick break is bad try punches and such,and for Charizard try adding Dragon Claw but leave Outrage its very strong and cool :),for poison types add sludge bomb if that thing even exist I dont remember good

Yeah, I've added Sludge Bomb for Meganium.. Charizard learns Outrage at Level 60 so it's something that would be much later in game and not early.

Edit: Did NOT realise Dragon Claw was so powerful (Assumed it had a power of 40) I suppose I could replace it over Outrage to make it more difficult.

BTW, i've apllyied the 7.0 patch and somehow my emerald seems untouched (like a clear ROM) o.o

Edit: maybe something is wrong with the ips file, cuz i just noticed that it have just 3kb......)

That's strange, I've patched the ips file onto a Clean ROM and it was edited.. are you sure you patched it? It could be the ROM.

blastoise and typhosion can learn fighthing moves like dynamic punch, but not naturally (now they can learn cuz it was edited, but not originally... ) thats why i disagree with those 2 cases.

But since the idea is balance the things, Sceptile was not suppose to be grass/poison maybe? even u saying to not disbalance the hoenn starters, blaziken and swampert already are dual-type?

I would give Sceptile poison but that would mean all 3 grass starters would be dual poison types, and like I say I wanted to leave the Hoenn's untouched for the time being anyway.

Edit: Noticed that I changed Sceptiles type to Poison a while back.

Last edited:

Tryploshion

I become a Pokemon Master!
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
i think u need to do this
Blastoise hidrocanon Charizard Blastburn and dragon claw Venusaur Frenzy Plant
Feraligart hidrocanon Typlosion Blastburn Meganium Frenzy Plant
Swampert hidrocanon Blaziken Blastburn Sceptile Frenzy plant

blue

gucci
Years
i think u need to do this
Blastoise hidrocanon Charizard Blastburn and dragon claw Venusaur Frenzy Plant
Feraligart hidrocanon Typlosion Blastburn Meganium Frenzy Plant
Swampert hidrocanon Blaziken Blastburn Sceptile Frenzy plant

Considering there is no way to be taught in Emerald this is something that I might add but it would be at high levels (70+)

Edited some more moves:

Granbull learns Faint Attack at Level 43
Venomoth learns Aerial Ace at Level 40
Sceptile learns Frenzy Plant at Level 80
Blaziken learns Blast Burn at Level 80
Swampert learns Hydro Cannon at Level 80

The reason I set them at 80 is because those moves have such high power and any lower would make the game easier, also there are water/grass/fire moves learnt around the 50-70 mark.

Last edited:

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
I'm gonna second giving the starters the super-moves. And level 70 does sound about right. It always bothered me that nothing sets the starters apart from other stage 3 pokemon.

As for the dual types...I definitely don't agree with some of them, mainly because the single-type pokemon already receive the balance of a 1.5x modifier instead of 1.25x for their STAB...so they were already pretty balanced.

Actually, the only type changes I strongly support are Granbull and Feraligatr. They both could learn Crunch even w/o hacking. I'm indifferent about Venomoth. It could be poison, flying, or even psychic...but it'll always be Venomoth. Which is automatic win.

You could potentially alter starter abilities, though. The starter abilities suck IMO. I'll never choose a Charizard over an intimidating Arcanine.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm gonna second giving the starters the super-moves. And level 70 does sound about right. It always bothered me that nothing sets the starters apart from other stage 3 pokemon.

As for the dual types...I definitely don't agree with some of them, mainly because the single-type pokemon already receive the balance of a 1.5x modifier instead of 1.25x for their STAB...so they were already pretty balanced.

Actually, the only type changes I strongly support are Granbull and Feraligatr. They both could learn Crunch even w/o hacking. I'm indifferent about Venomoth. It could be poison, flying, or even psychic...but it'll always be Venomoth. Which is automatic win.

You could potentially alter starter abilities, though. The starter abilities suck IMO. I'll never choose a Charizard over an intimidating Arcanine.

I can understand why some of them seem ridiculous, like I said I just thought I'd kinda balance it out and they were best suited, which were you talking about specifically that you disagree with.

blue

gucci
Years

I had the same problem, but re-extracting the IPS from the RAR fixed it.

There was a problem with the IPS file size which resulted in it being only 3KB but I've fixed that error now and it is now 70KB+.

Changed Grovyle & Sceptile to part Dark type as it obviously suits them more than Poison types (thanks to tcoppy for the idea)

Last edited:

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
I can understand why some of them seem ridiculous, like I said I just thought I'd kinda balance it out and they were best suited, which were you talking about specifically that you disagree with.

Meganium was one of very few pure grass types. There are plenty of grass/poison types and pure grass types are actually BETTER because they're not obliterated by the strong and popular psychic types. A pure grass Meganium with Sludge Bomb is superior.

A fire/dragon starter is OP, especially if it's Charizard. And fighting pokemon have always been light on their feet...a hulking turtle and fire monster don't really fit that image for me.

I'll admit there are a few pokemon that are crippled by their typing (Crobat, Scyther, & Gyarados come to mind) but the starters don't really need any support. Even the weakest starter (sorry, Sceptile fans) is still worthwhile.

Of course...a pokemon's type is never absolute. That's the great thing about learning uncharacteristic moves. Few trainers are left unshaken after Gyarados uses Earthquake.

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
Sceptile should be a Grass/Dragon actually. In the 3rd gen one of it's most useful moves was dragon claw and dragon breath is one of it's egg moves. It's an interesting and unique typing so why not.

HikariYagami

Old School Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
grass/dark... now he have 6 weakeness :(
now he's in disadvantage.

being a grass type already put him in disavantage (5 weakness) and now....

i dont support the starters changes because its seems more like a work of weakening 'em instead of find a dual-type which fits 'em.

im gonna switch back to 6.9 and wait to see how the things will be.

blue

gucci
Years
grass/dark... now he have 6 weakeness :(
now he's in disadvantage.

being a grass type already put him in disavantage (5 weakness) and now....

i dont support the starters changes because its seems more like a work of weakening 'em instead of find a dual-type which fits 'em.

im gonna switch back to 6.9 and wait to see how the things will be.

Didn't realise that, for now I'll just revert Sceptile to it's original typing then figure out statistically what dual type would suit best if needed.

I thought about having dual Dragon but the weaknesses would just be the same amount (five). If you download 7.01 Sceptile will have it's original typing (Pure Grass)

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
There is something that i don't understand...I finished the Pokemon League 2 times so cool. But i can't find Charmander(120) or Squirtle (119) and i explored EVERY single inch of those routes and the 3 tickets and old sea map doesn't work for me also...I talked to both ship ladies and nothing. =| What am i doing wrong here?

Back