Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 3 Hours Ago (07:05 PM).
RichterSnipes
Simpleton

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by LordOfMinecraft:
If he is really so great and revolutionary, then why aren't any of his things for mac? If he's so revolutionary then why isn't HE the one person to make a pokemon rom editor for the MAC? And if worship isn't the right word, then why is there 67 pages of praise for his work. I am like martin luther (of course I'm not making any tools), and you people are like the catholic church. So come, and try to burn me to keep your beliefs alive. Oh and the Map Editor of Happiness is made by Shiny Quasire.
I can see you're new here. This is not the type of attitude you want to go into threads with. It gives people a terrible impression of you. When you make a religion connection like that, you're going to get heads to turn... and not in a good way. There's also no real need for it.

The reason there's almost 70 pages on this topic is because it dates back to 2007 and because the tools are genuinely helpful for the many purposes they serve. Many were trailblazing for the scene, and the majority of them are still in standard use today. Whether or not they function on other OSes is irrelevant. And no one is trying to claim that one operating system is better than the other. It's not always greener on the Microsoft side, either. For instance, Windows users get stuck with a barely-functional version of iTunes, whereas Mac users get a wonderful version that runs without a hitch.

I didn't say anything about Shiny Quagsire's map tool. It is functional on Mac devices, which is nice.

And, as to your main question, I'll direct you to a response someone else already gave you to it:
Quote originally posted by chrunch:
You're about 5 years too late, these tools have not been updated for a long time and most likely never will be. To answer your question, these tools were made in a period where windows was really the only hacking platform. It's only been recently that some tool makers have started to support other OSes.

Who says hacks have to radically changes things up from their base games?
Red doesn't necessarily think so. He's literally spinning in circles thinking of a "definitive" version of his adventure in Kanto!
Want to see what he has in mind? Click him for a throwback worth experiencing!
Old 3 Hours Ago (07:17 PM).
LordOfMinecraft
LordOfMinecraft

Quote originally posted by RichterSnipes:
I can see you're new here. This is not the type of attitude you want to go into threads with. It gives people a terrible impression of you. When you make a religion connection like that, you're going to get heads to turn... and not in a good way. There's also no real need for it.

The reason there's almost 70 pages on this topic is because it dates back to 2007 and because the tools are genuinely helpful for the many purposes they serve. Many were trailblazing for the scene, and the majority of them are still in standard use today. Whether or not they function on other OSes is irrelevant. And no one is trying to claim that one operating system is better than the other. It's not always greener on the Microsoft side, either. For instance, Windows users get stuck with a barely-functional version of iTunes, whereas Mac users get a wonderful version that runs without a hitch.

I didn't say anything about Shiny Quagsire's map tool. It is functional on Mac devices, which is nice.

And, as to your main question, I'll direct you to a response someone else already gave you to it:
I understand the thing with religion, but if you are trail blazing then why is there nothing on the mac? If he is so great why is there nothing on the mac? Also why do you windows people use ITunes?
Old 2 Hours Ago (07:27 PM).
RichterSnipes
Simpleton

Nature: Modest
I understand the thing with religion, but if you are trail blazing then why is there nothing on the mac? If he is so great why is there nothing on the mac? Also why do you windows people use ITunes?
There's more than one way to trailblaze with something. In this context, it was about the aspects of hacking covered by these tools, and how well they did their jobs. Similarly, greatness is measured by a countless number of factors. Plus, you have to consider that not everyone has a Mac. If someone doesn't have one, it's kind of hard for that person to make software for it.

If "us Windows people" want to purchase songs from the Apple Store (which is, honestly, the best store for digital music purchases), we have to use iTunes. It's out of necessity rather than choice.

Who says hacks have to radically changes things up from their base games?
Red doesn't necessarily think so. He's literally spinning in circles thinking of a "definitive" version of his adventure in Kanto!
Want to see what he has in mind? Click him for a throwback worth experiencing!
Old 47 Minutes Ago (09:36 PM).
Team Fail
Find your way
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Why are none of your tools for the MAC? I use a mac and all I can find is the MEH (Map Editor of Happiness)! Make some tools for mac, and more people will love you, more than they and others all ready do. We need GBA rom hacking tools for mac.
Installing Wine will probably fix all of your problems. It's a runtime for Linux and OSX that allows .NET applications to run.

Do the best with whatever you can today.
Then tomorrow, you will have surely progressed.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links