• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 2013

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Name of the event: Pokémon manga book club

Can we have some kind of Pokémon manga book club event or something else about Pokémon manga?
Preferably the book club could be about Pokémon mangas that other than Pokémon Special, since everybody is already reading that. You know, getting people to try other Pokémon mangas that otherwise are forgotten and end up in PokéSpe's shadow.

Last edited:

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
I don't mind helping out with the Team Fortress 2 event. I could also help host a League of Legends and DOTA 2 gaming event. I don't think I have anything planned during the get-together, so I should be able to easily host them.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Name of the event: Pokémon manga book club

Can we have some kind of Pokémon manga book club event or something else about Pokémon manga?
Preferably the book club could be about Pokémon mangas that other than Pokémon Special, since everybody is already reading that. You know, getting people to try other Pokémon mangas that otherwise are forgotten and end up in PokéSpe's shadow.

Definitely. I could help in planning and setting it up, but from what I know now, I will be away on a trip on the weekend of the get-together so I can't host it.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
ZachLMedia is OK'd for Anime Movie nights. All other things will be sorted in the next day or two, thank you for your patience. :3

Anyone interested in hosting the singing competition / art contest / general movie night?

TwilightBlade

Years
@singing contest: you could combine that and have two different categories? Or am I not familiar with what the song parody is..

Still looking for:
- host in Movie Night
- an additional judge in Short Writing
- maybe an additional judge for Graphics&Pixel and Prettiest Contest
- if you want to make the singing contest or traditional art contest happen (they have enough votes from our end to be Approved events), I would need some more hosts & judges. :D

Approved events:
iSketch
Egg Swap
Retro Gaming Event
Video Gaming Events
Minecraft
Scavenger Hunt
Non-Pokemon Trivia
Pokemon Design Contest
Yu-Gi-Oh Tournament
Maybe another one or two (see above), that's about it.

iSketch Hosted by Miss Doronjo and Twihiki_Amias
Doodle Pokemon-related things and see if others can guess what you're drawing!

Egg Swap Hosted by Forever and Kip
Quickly swap your eggs around with other traders in a set period of time.

Retro Gaming Event Hosted by Brendino and JNathan
Are you a huge fan of retro games like Pacman? Then this is the event for you!

Video Gaming Events Hosted by Nuke, Griffinbane, Krazzikk, and OokamiReki
A variety of PC and console games are available here for you to get your gaming fix.

Minecraft Event Hosted by Curious. and Hiroshi Sotomura
ssssSS...

Scavenger Hunt Hosted by Lady Gunner
Think you can gather the clues and finish the hunt?

Trivia Event Hosted by Lady Gunner and Harlequin
Test your skills on all sorts of general non-Pokémon related trivia.

Pokémon Design Contest Hosted by Para-Dox and Zeffy
Ever imagined a neat Pokémon in your head, but didn't get around to designing it? Here's your chance to show it off!

Yu-Gi-Oh Singles and Tag Tournaments Hosted by AlexOzzyCake and Francois
It's time to duel, so get your game on and let's rev it up!

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
So I'm guessing my original idea was shot down for the unoriginal one then :(
It was discussed thoroughly and for such an short time, we didn't the idea would be appropriate. If the GT were to run for a longer period of time, then your idea probably would have been passed.

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Still looking for:
- host in Movie Night
- if you want to make the singing contest or traditional art contest happen (they have enough votes from our end to be Approved events), I would need some more hosts & judges. :D

I can help with both the singing and traditional art contests.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Still looking for:
- host in Movie Night

I could help judge prettiest profile.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
I could help on anything. It looks like my suggestion missed the deadline by a day.

;-; Why did we have to go to Yosemite National Park?

TwilightBlade

Years
Singing Contest Hosted by Lady Gunner and ANARCHit3cht
Grab the mic and start recording your beautiful singing voice to top this event!

I would have liked a couple more people to take on hosting the art contest, but planning needs to begin asap! I've contacted hosts about their thoughts on volunteers. Thanks everyone for posting. :D

marcc5m

what
Years
It was discussed thoroughly and for such an short time, we didn't the idea would be appropriate. If the GT were to run for a longer period of time, then your idea probably would have been passed.

I host games all the time with 20 minutes notice and said games last around an hour. So idk how it can be seen as too time consuming then.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I think a PPC is something I'd love to see happen. I'd either judge or participate in it if it happens cause last I had fun and also won for regular members! Would like to enter now as a supporter.

Back