• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Harry Potter was my childhood. Really, it still is. My favourite book would have to be the first, while my favourite movie, the fourth or last (both parts). I didn't go to any midnight released but I remember fighting with some lady over the last ticket one night.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Maybe those screwed up pages were a sign from the literature gods that Harry Potter is bad. Just a thought. /brick'd x2

Now, in the few moments of your life you have left before the billion-strong legion of Potterites (or whatever the fanbase has named themselves) rampage and tear you limb from limb, I bid you to answer this simple question; Why is Harry Potter bad?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Now, in the few moments of your life you have left before the billion-strong legion of Potterites (or whatever the fanbase has named themselves) rampage and tear you limb from limb, I bid you to answer this simple question; Why is Harry Potter bad?
Speaking of bad books, I don't really understand the hate on Twilight (at least the first book). I read the first one and only the first one and I thought it was pretty well written. Now don't take that the wrong way. I think Twilight is a terrible series based on the plot and whatnot, and I don't care for the fans, but I went to see the final movie (having only saw the first movie, and half of New Moon) and I thought that the fight scene it had was farrrrrr superior to Harry Potter's, and I say that as a huuuuge Harry Potter fan.

Years
There's a terribly amusing tumblr (reasoning with vampires) that goes into all the grammatical mistakes of the books, but that aside, Twilight portrays an unhealthy relationship as something other than unhealthy. I know there are plenty of books and movies and everything that have flawed characters who do bad things to one another, but they usually do so with a self-awareness that the Twilight books don't. Bella is... not a good character. She thinks that she's a worthless person without Edward. Edward manipulates her and is generally a jerk (and so is Jacob). She doesn't have her priorities straight, nor does she have any feelings for other people, like when Bella is worries about how bad Sam must feel for mauling Emily's face, which is fine, but she doesn't really feel sympathy for Emily. And I'm sure there are dozens of things I've forgotten.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
But as long as the original offender's crops are destroyed, he will be satisfied! That's what matters in the end!

Years
No, no. Andy's merely using a form of synecdoche in which a thing is used to mean a more specific subset of the thing. (e.g. "The world hates me." The entire world doesn't hate you, just part of it.)

Does no one but me study literature or linguistics? :(

Years
Why are you talking about killing Buzz?

tumblr_m7i636x9wH1rx84v2o1_400.gif

I should call the space rangers on you.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I noticed a few days ago that this thread is a year old now! Good job, team! Thanks for the free post count and the good times!

Toy Story 3 was definitely my favorite in the trilogy, due to everything in that movie being, well, perfect, but Toy Story 2 will always hold a space in my heart because of the scene where Jessie reflects on her past life, the scene where Sarah McLachlan sings When She Loved Me and ruins my life :(

Years
Definitely Toy Story 3. It was probably the best third movie of a series...ever. It had a great story, great animation, it was funny, heartbreaking...

And when I first saw it, I thought the sad part
Spoiler:

Omg, such a good movie.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
....care to elaborate, good sir?
Well, damn. I was feeling lazy. But, okay.

I like the original partly because of nostalgia, partly because of its groundbreakingness, and partly because it was good. The writing was smart.

I found the second one to be funnier. I prefer normal Buzz to the one who thinks he's an actual space ranger, so that was a plus too. I liked the introduction of Jessie and the whole Woody's Roundup backdrop

With the third one I appreciated the tone and mood. It was more emotional too. And I think it really wrapped everything up well, it respected the series and the audience.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I found the second one to be funnier. I prefer normal Buzz to the one who thinks he's an actual space ranger, so that was a plus too. I liked the introduction of Jessie and the whole Woody's Roundup backdrop

Yes! Buzz as a normal toy with a personality outside of being a space ranger was much preferred in my eyes to the Buzz Lightyear who is nothing but a space ranger with a life crisis, lol. Plus, the matured friendship of Buzz and Woody added a lot more to their characters in the second movie, truly being best buddies and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back