• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Username/Nickname: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokemon: Slowpoke.
Reason for Joining the Club: Water is one of my most favorite types out there, right beside fire. Plus, most (if not all) water-type Pokémon have a cool and calm personality, making them easy to get along with. [:

If you had to travel the oceans of the world on the back of a Water Pokemon, which Water Pokemon would you chose and why?
Lapras, probably. It'd be nice if swim across oceans with Slowpoke as well, but not really sure if it would be the brightest idea; Slowpoke are quite... y'know, slow. xD Gyarados would make a good partner, too.
Welcome to Diving Deep. I hope you have a lot to share about Water Pokemon.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
1545206_719508048066872_158720489_n.jpg

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Username (Nickname): Elaitenstile (Elaite)
Partner Pokemon (must be Water, name optional): Slogger the Mudkip
Reason for Joining the Club: Water-types are my favourite type without exception. I'm always fascinated with the battle style of Water-types and I quite like the moves that are coming under the category of Water-type. Plus, I always like to be around water, and water is like a wondrous element, in my opinion. I've always liked the first-evolutions of water types and surfing around the water in games is always fun.

If you had to travel the oceans of the world on the back of a Water Pokemon, which Water Pokemon would you chose and why?

I'd choose Swampert. I'm quite content on riding his muddy back and I've always liked Mudkip and his evolutions. The best part is that Swampert would be happy to accompany me while I visit an island for treasure, and with his impressive battling skill I'll always have a strong companion on my side. Since he combines both the water and the earth, I'll only have the sky to hide from.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Did any of you guys wonder how non-water types battle while surfing? With all these restrictions on flying types, it's weird that they don't apply to surf battles, right? I mean, won't it ever happen like this...?

Spoiler:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Did any of you guys wonder how non-water types battle while surfing? With all these restrictions on flying types, it's weird that they don't apply to surf battles, right? I mean, won't it ever happen like this...?

Spoiler:

Pfft that comic {XD}

I guess they all develop instant levitating abilities. But it's pretty much the same issue with fish-like Water-types, like Seaking, Alomomola, Lanturn, etc, in battles on land, right? They'd pretty much just flail around.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Pfft that comic {XD}

I guess they all develop instant levitating abilities. But it's pretty much the same issue with fish-like Water-types, like Seaking, Alomomola, Lanturn, etc, in battles on land, right? They'd pretty much just flail around.

Oh yeah, that's a good point. I've seen a lot of this in PMD :) This just means Surf battles >>>>>>>>> infinity >>>> Sky Battles XD

It's quite weird to see Wailord fighting inside Caves too. I guess these are one of the things we'd never understand in Pokémon. Of course, Mega Wailord would just dominate the dungeons lol. That and the fact that we can surf on Tentacool and Finneon. It's just weird, how they manage to take on our full weight endlessly through the seas XD

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Sign-up Form

Username/Nickname: Normal Spirit
Partner Pokemon: Walrein
Reason for Joining the Club: Unintentionally, the vast majority of my all-time favorite Pokemon are Water type! With my #1 being Walrein, he's my partner in crime :P.

I'm excited to be here and I LOVE to battle so if anyone feels like having a battle, please send me a PM or anything else to get my attention :).

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Username/Nickname: Joey
Partner Pokemon: (this is actually really hard for me to pick one) Suicune
Reason for Joining the Club: I really love water types. I always have one as part of my main team, whether it's good or bad, I still use them. They always have a cool design in my eyes. (Sure some aren't that great, ie Magikarp and Feebas). But I really would love to join and talk about water types.

Years

I'll go for Blastoise, I think. We can swim around super fast and he can probably use Aqua Jet to speed things along; Lapras seems like more of a slow and relaxing swim ride. Seems a bit scary but super fun. :D

Years
Username/Nickname: The Ruby of the Sea
Partner Pokemon: Starmie
Reason for Joining: Water pokemon have always been my favorite type. It goes beyond looks. The element itself is alluring and powerful

Years

I'd definitely ride a Lapras, because it seems like the Pokemon that's designed for crossing the water. Plus it's really cute to see your trainer riding Lapras in X/Y when you use Surf. If I couldn't take a boat, I'd definitely take a Lapras that's for sure!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Never really got why they always stuck with Lapras though. I guess it's like Ash and Pikachu. When you think of a surfing pokemon, you think of Lapras. When you think of Ash, you think of Pikachu. I would of liked them to change it up every game or so. Let's say Lapras is the surfing sprite for Gen I. Gen II could of had a Quagsire or Lanturn. Gen III could of been Sharpedo. Gen IV could of been Empoleon and so forth! They should of changed it up every now and then. What do you guys think? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back